Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#156369 Feb 25, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Madscot it's been along time for sure since talking to you under an assumed name. It's also time for you to get right with God and here's what it takes.
Hear the Word, by attending services of the Church of Christ.
Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
John 5:24-25
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
Truly Believe in God and that Jesus is His Son.
Mark 16:15-16
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
John 3:36
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Sincerely Repent of your past Sins
Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Acts 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Luke 13:3
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Confess Jesus before men.
Luke 12:8
Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:
1 John 4:15
Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
Matthew 10:32-33
Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven
Be Baptized
Colossians 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Remain Faithful until death
I don't do religious voodoo!!! Besides the God you believe in kills little babies.

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#156370 Feb 25, 2013
The fact that people don't believe in any god is proof for atheism.

Glad to catch you up. In other news Catholics are indeed Christians! Who knew?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats! You're finally starting to understand atheism.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#156371 Feb 25, 2013
Undark matter is about 4 % of the universe. That is the stuff we can see and not guess it is there.

Over 99% of that is as plasma. That is the stuff that knits the less than 1% that makes us. We are a very, very small percentage of that 1%.

Now, try real hard to think.

This swirling stuff combining and knitting "neutral" matter, then this 23% or so of all matter being dark, so you can;t see it, and this large amount of "dark" energy, and a very, very, very, very, very tiny bit of this "neutral" matter, that lives within this plasma, dark matter, and dark energy peers out and can;t even see the edge of the universe, and a very, very, very, very small portion of that matter declares there is no possibility of a Creator or supernatural force. Absolutely, without a doubt, just has to be, such just could not exist in the model they created with their numbers. As they crunch those numbers on their devices created by channeling those very same forces.

Only humans can be so stupid.

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#156372 Feb 25, 2013
Hey a book on people's hallucinations! Neat! No proof of god or afterlife but great for a laugh.
RiversideRedneck wrote:

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#156373 Feb 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I know you theists hate it because the burden of proof is difficult when your god is merely a figment of your imagination, and you know it.
There is no evidence for that, and you know it.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#156374 Feb 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
The fact that people don't believe in any god is proof for atheism.
No, here's your perfect version of atheism:

"Givemeliberty wrote:
I have no proof or evidence but it's my delusion and I like it!"

(you sum it up nicely.)
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#156375 Feb 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh heh.
I have posted about science being just another religion.
Ever notice how it says everything is just perfect? Nice and stable?
Keep those covers over your head. It is nice and safe in your little world there. It is a scary universe out there.
Every time I begin to think you have even a shred of intelligence and understanding, you fire off one of these idiotic posts. You reach around and pull a huge gob of shit out of your ass and smear it all over Topix. RELIGION..."The belief in and worship of a SUPERHUMAN CONTROLLING POWER." Now exactly WHAT superhuman God thing do I worship. What prayers do I say and to whom? In what church is science to be found? Do you real understand just how stupid you appear uttering this bullshit?

You know nothing about music and now you have proven you know nothing about science. Science NEVER says "Everything is just perfect" Nor does it say "Everything is nice and stable." Does the word entropy mean anything to you? Does biology say that the human body is "just perfect?" Our sun will cease to be taking the entire solar system with it, is that "perfect and nice and stable?" With numbing cold, bombarded with radiation, no atmosphere, distances that are unobtainable, yeah, the universe is a scary place. God thing we have science to understand it isn't it.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#156376 Feb 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence for that, and you know it.
Since you have no solid evidence that your god exists, then it is a figment of your imagination.

Location hidden

#156377 Feb 25, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Every time I begin to think you have even a shred of intelligence and understanding, you fire off one of these idiotic posts. You reach around and pull a huge gob of shit out of your ass and smear it all over Topix. RELIGION..."The belief in and worship of a SUPERHUMAN CONTROLLING POWER." Now exactly WHAT superhuman God thing do I worship. What prayers do I say and to whom? In what church is science to be found? Do you real understand just how stupid you appear uttering this bullshit?
You know nothing about music and now you have proven you know nothing about science. Science NEVER says "Everything is just perfect" Nor does it say "Everything is nice and stable." Does the word entropy mean anything to you? Does biology say that the human body is "just perfect?" Our sun will cease to be taking the entire solar system with it, is that "perfect and nice and stable?" With numbing cold, bombarded with radiation, no atmosphere, distances that are unobtainable, yeah, the universe is a scary place. God thing we have science to understand it isn't it.
Oh, but it won't be in our lifetimes, they assure you. Keep that funding coming in so we can study it, though. Don't want to make any mistakes, eh?

Your belief in science is a substitute. It is an opiate. Science is OK, it is the scientists you have to question.

You will love this one.

Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#156378 Feb 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you have no solid evidence that your god exists, then it is a figment of your imagination.
Riverside redneck ignores you, because you are just 7 younger than him, lol.

I bet even if it was 45 year old teaching RR the 46 year old something, he would squeal like a worm!
Siro

Brisbane, Australia

#156379 Feb 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you have no solid evidence that your vagina exists, then it is a figment of your imagination.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#156380 Feb 25, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you have no solid evidence that your vagina exists, then it is a figment of your imagination.
Funny thing, I never claimed that existed, you did.

Location hidden

#156381 Feb 25, 2013

Buckethead even wrote a song about Topix atheists.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156382 Feb 25, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Put down your holy book, and pick up a science book, anyone will do. "I'm against religion because it teaches you to be satisfied with not understanding the world around you."
Science will teach you to be skeptical, to be a free thinker, to question everything. In doing this you will discover that evidence is what is important. For your imaginary God and this fictitious Jesus you will find NO evidence. Run, don't walk, away from your Church of Christ, it will open your mind to the true majesty of the universe.
Sure. That's how we learned about the Global Cooling Crisis a few years ago. Icebergs, said the HOLY SCIENTISTS, were going to float inland and topple over the NY skyscrapers.

Hey, BlackBuffoon, better buy you a Coleman heater!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156383 Feb 25, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks, you can keep your myth I for one will stay with reality.
Spirit is reality. What you see as reality is only a projected dream.

“Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists. Herein lies the peace of god.”

-A Course in Miracles

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#156384 Feb 25, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lot’s of evidence for a “Big Bang.”
All you have to do is hold your ear about 24 inches from the barrel of a 12 gauge shotgun., Be sure to stay clear of the line of fire. Then have someone pull the trigger with a 3” magnum load.
The cosmic Big Bang was silent.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#156385 Feb 25, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. That's how we learned about the Global Cooling Crisis a few years ago. Icebergs, said the HOLY SCIENTISTS, were going to float inland and topple over the NY skyscrapers.
Hey, BlackBuffoon, better buy you a Coleman heater!
You think too many movies are fact.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#156386 Feb 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.physlink.com/education/askexperts/...
That is how the proton was discovered. More accurately, how it was "deduced" to exist.
This was all based on total electrical charges.
That quantity became an assumed standard.
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/pa...
That was the discovery of the neutron. Note how it too was "deduced"
There are issues also about the electron as a "particle".
Noting "observed". All deduced and assumed.
The proton and neutron are about 1836 times the mass of the electron.
Again "deduced" and assumed.
Various other "particles" have been "deduced" that make up the proton and neutron.
Lots of changes over the years resulting in "new particles" to fill in the holes of these "deduced".
The Higg's Boson is about 30-40 times the mass of the proton or neutron.
How could they have missed that?
Because they were wrong to begin with in their assumptions from their deductions.
They ignored how nature flows in the pursuit of a math model. It is quite evident in the technology derived from the applied sciences. As I have tried to point out, they took the physics out of physics and replaced it with math.
Theoretical physics, and disciplines that use their info, are heading down a blind alley. Thankfully, it is the applied physics people that create the stuff we use, and make the important discoveries.
All of these "deduced" particles have been subsequently observed right where they were previously mathematically deduced to be with their deduced masses and charges.

Do you live in a cave?

Location hidden

#156387 Feb 25, 2013
Polymath, I have no question about your math skills. Just in how you apply them.

Got a challenge for you. Using numbers to validate the assertions you claim you are learning in fizziks skool. This will be right up your alley. Statistical probabilities.

I posted about this configuration of matter and energy peering out into that great unknown and being absolutely sure there is no possibility of a supernatural force or deity using intelligent design to create us a little earlier.

Since you are in fizziks skoool, you should have access to those percentages I was referring to, plus a whole bunch more variables. You should have the general idea of what I am getting at.

Crunch some numbers and give us the probabilities of that small portion of assumed organized matter looking upon the greater in being right. Since Topix limits us to 4000 characters, perhaps you would post a link to the final numbers we can read? Quite likely those negative exponential numbers will run off the page.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#156388 Feb 25, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you argument.
First of all you have to be able to account for Absolute Truth, before you can make truth claims.
And I can account for it, because the God who Created everything has revealed that account to humanity.
You however, as an atheist, cannot account for Absolute Truth.
So you cannot demand it from another, until you can account for Absolute Truth, from which to argue from...
As you cannot do that, you have no basis to question anything...
Account for Absolute Truth...
No?
Didn't think so...:-)
What absolute truth?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr Eagle 12 2,407
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 8 hr _Bad Company 23,198
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 12 hr Pahu 33
God' existence 12 hr Carchar king 63
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 12 hr Carchar king 138
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 19 hr Crazy Mess 1
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Thu thetruth 1,442
More from around the web