Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258515 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#156198 Feb 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
Desperate ad hominem?
You should use that as your new Topix name...

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#156199 Feb 24, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are absolutely sure about your absolute god?
Yes.

Because He has absolutely revealed Himself to me and to you as well.

The only difference is, that I chose not to reject that revelation.

Location hidden

#156200 Feb 24, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that the god you worship was invented about 3,500 years ago, right?
Are you making an absolute knowledge claim here?

How can you do that?

As an atheist you cannot know anything "absolutely".

Unless of course you are claiming omniscience?

Location hidden

#156201 Feb 24, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that nothing of the Big Bang can be observed? No evidence at all? Is that what you are claiming?
I am saying that you have never observed the big bang, neither has any other human being...

Where you there?

Do you know anyone else who was there?

Do you have pictures?

Video perhaps?

Any empirical evidence?

No?

Again, you cannot know the big bang happened unless you know everything...

Despite your many arbitrary claims to the contrary, you cannot make any absolute knowledge claims.

And be taken seriously....

Location hidden

#156202 Feb 24, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
You should use that as your new Topix name...
The inability to step away from ad hominem is clearly evident here I see...:-)

Do you have a rational, reasonable argument to make?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#156203 Feb 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Because He has absolutely revealed Himself to me and to you as well.
The only difference is, that I chose not to reject that revelation.
That's a bit stupid. You see, your god requires that you have faith and we all know what faith means and you cannot have faith something that absolutely know.

And yes, your god revealed himself to me and I rejected him because I love to sin, even though a christian can sin all he wants, he just has to ask for forgiveness and I am too lazy or too proud to ask for forgiveness. Any other stupidity you want to lay on me? I've heard it all.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#156204 Feb 24, 2013
Buck! Keep your and Dave's pillow talk private please! We all know Dave confessed to liking chunky men like you but keep that in the PM box.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You nailed it again, Dave.

Scottsburg, IN

#156205 Feb 24, 2013
Could and is are two vastly different things fatass and you know it. Humanity created gods as a comfort measure and as an explanation for what they didn't understand.

Humanity is growing up, time to put childish things away.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
What humanity does or does not "create" for comfort has no bearing whatsoever on whether there is actually a god.
A god or higher power could exist, and humans could also invent something more or less similar, or not similar at all. Or, humans could discern from the best of a frail intuitiveness certain things about the nature of this god, and be somewhat correct. Nobody knows, certainly not you.
Your argument is entirely empty and irrelevant as to whether there exists a higher creating power, as in "a god".
You lack the basic tools of logic to comment intelligently on such existential questions, reducing you to meaningless commentary and spiteful bluster. This places you in the majority of atheist on these posts. If it's any comfort, some are even dumber than you.
Hope this is helpful to you.

Scottsburg, IN

#156206 Feb 24, 2013
Through factual findings that can be tested and retested yes. Did you observe Jesus walking on water?
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
You observed this?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#156207 Feb 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
The inability to step away from ad hominem is clearly evident here I see...:-)
Do you have a rational, reasonable argument to make?
Yes:

There is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof of any god's existence.

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#156208 Feb 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Latoya, not LA Toya.
What's wrong with you?
La Toya Jackson, lol.:)

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#156209 Feb 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
I am saying that you have never observed the big bang, neither has any other human being...
Again, is there any evidence for the Big Bang?
mtimber wrote:
Where you there?
If I said yes, there would be no way for you to prove me wrong, because you weren't there to not see me there.
mtimber wrote:
Do you know anyone else who was there?
Yes.
mtimber wrote:
Do you have pictures?
Yes.
mtimber wrote:
Video perhaps?
Yes.
mtimber wrote:
Any empirical evidence?
Yes.
mtimber wrote:
No?
No, yes!
mtimber wrote:
Again, you cannot know the big bang happened unless you know everything...
You are saying that there is no evidence for the Big Bang!
mtimber wrote:
Despite your many arbitrary claims to the contrary, you cannot make any absolute knowledge claims.
And be taken seriously....
You are saying that there is no evidence for the Big Bang and you want to be taken seriously? Seriously?

You are just playing little word games. You are not really stupid enough to claim absolutely that there is no evidence of the Big Bang!

Location hidden

#156210 Feb 24, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a bit stupid. You see, your god requires that you have faith and we all know what faith means and you cannot have faith something that absolutely know.
And yes, your god revealed himself to me and I rejected him because I love to sin, even though a christian can sin all he wants, he just has to ask for forgiveness and I am too lazy or too proud to ask for forgiveness. Any other stupidity you want to lay on me? I've heard it all.
You do not know what Biblical Faith is at all.

Faith is about "knowing" the truth because God has revealed Himself and knowledge to us.

Unbelief is believing the lies of the enemy because if fits in with our lusts and desires...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#156211 Feb 24, 2013
Some things never change.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/02/22/sci...

Scientists search for the 'unparticle'

It's a good time to be a particle physicist. The long-sought Higgs boson particle seems finally to have been found at an accelerator in Geneva, and scientists are now hot on the trail of another tiny piece of the universe, this one tied to a new fundamental force of nature.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/24/world/europe/sc...

Scotland's archbishop contests "inappropriate behavior" claim

(CNN)-- Scotland's Roman Catholic archbishop is contesting accusations of "inappropriate behavior" with priests, claims leveled as Cardinal Keith O'Brien prepares to join the conclave that will choose a new pope.

Scottsburg, IN

#156212 Feb 24, 2013
Again your twisting the meanings of words and playing these mental gymnastic two penny word games does not show evidence for a god. Only what is observable and testable is self evident.

Humanity created god as a comfort measure or as a device to explain what they didn't understand. Yet humanity is growing up and the time has come to put away childish things.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
The Truth is self evident by nature of it being the truth.
Arguments that oppose it will by nature be illogical and will be forced to manifest their absurdity.
Truth reveals itself and error, when reduced to its absurd conclusion, also reveals the truth.
So as long as I can show you your atheism is absurd, which is not hard to do, then it removes it as a valid rebuttal to the truth...
You of course want to pre-suppose atheism is true, but the problem is that it an absurd position that is easily refuted.
Remove atheism and what is left?

Location hidden

#156213 Feb 24, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Through factual findings that can be tested and retested yes. Did you observe Jesus walking on water?
<quoted text>
This was observed and recorded by those that were filled with the Spirit of Truth.

So yes, this of course this happened.

And no, I did not need to be there.

If that were the case, then judges would not be able to imprison anyone, as they would not be able to receive the evidence of witnesses...

Do you have a credible witness who witnessed the big bang?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#156214 Feb 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not know what Biblical Faith is at all.
Faith is about "knowing" the truth because God has revealed Himself and knowledge to us.
Unbelief is believing the lies of the enemy because if fits in with our lusts and desires...
You have the power to change the definition of words and change the words of your god! Goddamn, you are the man!

Location hidden

#156215 Feb 24, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes:
There is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof of any god's existence.
You know "ALL THINGS".

That is your argument?

Scottsburg, IN

#156216 Feb 24, 2013
Why? You must demonstrate proof there is avid before you can assign attributes to it.
mtimber wrote:
Atheism refuted:
Without God, "absolute knowledge" of anything is impossible...

Location hidden

#156217 Feb 24, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, is there any evidence for the Big Bang?
<quoted text>
If I said yes, there would be no way for you to prove me wrong, because you weren't there to not see me there.
<quoted text>
Yes.
<quoted text>
Yes.
<quoted text>
Yes.
<quoted text>
Yes.
<quoted text>
No, yes!
<quoted text>
You are saying that there is no evidence for the Big Bang!
<quoted text>
You are saying that there is no evidence for the Big Bang and you want to be taken seriously? Seriously?
You are just playing little word games. You are not really stupid enough to claim absolutely that there is no evidence of the Big Bang!
It would be quite easy to prove you wrong...

You are not eternal, so you were not there.

The one who is eternal has revealed that to us and in case you needed any additional evidence, you could always ask your parents...

I am sure they would tell you that you were not in fact there at the big bang...

You have no logical basis for claiming the big bang happened.

And yes, I am saying you were not there and you have no empirical evidence because nobody else was there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 36 min blacklagoon 3 93,310
News American Atheists terminates its president over... 3 hr Reality Speaks 18
News Scientific, Philosophical Case for God's Existe... Apr 17 Graftedin1 75
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Apr 14 blacklagoon 3 4,141
News The Anti-Christian Movement Apr 10 blacklagoon 3 11
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) Apr 9 Wisdom of Ages 6,048
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing Apr 2 blacklagoon 3 35