Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258461 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#155868 Feb 23, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think if society would have prosecuted and hanged these Cathloic Priest. There would be no more problems.
Ok, and what about all the Christians that support the porn industry?

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Nykvarn, Sweden

#155869 Feb 23, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's what your avatar looks lik. YOU, YOUR avatar, mine is an F-15 Eagle.
If you like yours, hey keep the perverted key hole looking thing.
still projecting your dream on me

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Nykvarn, Sweden

#155870 Feb 23, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your avatar represents you. An eyeball peeking through a key hole.
no it doesn't

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Nykvarn, Sweden

#155871 Feb 23, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell maybe you want people to think you’re a perverted voyeur. Just trying to help.
you want to be a perverted voyeur and are projecting it on me

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#155872 Feb 23, 2013
Daffy how can you expose anything when you don't even know my name? All you are doing Daffy is ducking my question about the middle eastern man you said went into your Dad's hospital room by going on your schizophrenic fantasy rampages.

Now again who was the middle eastern man who went into your Dad's hospital room?
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m not done with you. I’m going to continue working on exposing you and what you are about. I promise this is just a start.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#155873 Feb 23, 2013
Porn is great and good for you! Far better and by far more moral than the bible!



http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#155874 Feb 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Porn is great and good for you! Far better and by far more moral than the bible!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-k-mjxnFmxoXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
The porno industry is partly run by mobsters who are very ugly and nasty types, lately including some of the Russian variety.
These people care for nothing but money, and enforce their agendas on women who are practically slaves, using very scrupulous means such as chemical dependance, in which they get the money they pay these women back . These are the worst sort of people you could care to meet.

I enjoy watching some of the movies and such, but try not to think about the dark side to it all. But when all is said and done , the majority of people who run the porno industry are the vilest humans on Earth and most do not deserve to even live , let alone continue . You would not be so adamant in your support if these types had your daughter or wife in their claws.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#155875 Feb 23, 2013
You enjoy watching some of the movies. I have been to the AVN awards out in Vegas and many many of the ladies in the industry are health food nuts. Vegetarians who won't even drink coffee.

Now are there some drug addicts or drunks? Not anymore than you would find in the office building around the corner. You will find there is a huge difference between a porn actress and your run of the mill hooker. These women consider themselves performers and some are fiercely proud of their work and body. Many actually double as aerobic instructors and personal trainers at gyms.

I even met a woman who when not doing porn is an attorney! Lol!
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The porno industry is partly run by mobsters who are very ugly and nasty types, lately including some of the Russian variety.
These people care for nothing but money, and enforce their agendas on women who are practically slaves, using very scrupulous means such as chemical dependance, in which they get the money they pay these women back . These are the worst sort of people you could care to meet.
I enjoy watching some of the movies and such, but try not to think about the dark side to it all. But when all is said and done , the majority of people who run the porno industry are the vilest humans on Earth and most do not deserve to even live , let alone continue . You would not be so adamant in your support if these types had your daughter or wife in their claws.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#155876 Feb 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You enjoy watching some of the movies. I have been to the AVN awards out in Vegas and many many of the ladies in the industry are health food nuts. Vegetarians who won't even drink coffee.
Now are there some drug addicts or drunks? Not anymore than you would find in the office building around the corner. You will find there is a huge difference between a porn actress and your run of the mill hooker. These women consider themselves performers and some are fiercely proud of their work and body. Many actually double as aerobic instructors and personal trainers at gyms.
I even met a woman who when not doing porn is an attorney! Lol!
<quoted text>
You may want to leave this subject alone.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#155878 Feb 23, 2013
Actually women are taking over more and more of the adult industry as directors and producers. Men are being totally phased out in that regards. Lol

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#155879 Feb 23, 2013
The professing atheist is what is commonly known as an “agnostic” - one who claims he “doesn't know” if God exists. It is interesting to note that the Latin equivalent for the Greek word is “ignoramus.” The Bible tells us that this ignorance is “willful” (Psalm 10:4). It's not that a person can't find God, but that he won't. It has been rightly said that the “atheist” can't find God for the same reason a thief can't find a policeman. He knows that if he admits that there is a God, he is admitting that he is ultimately responsible to Him. This is not a pleasant thought for some.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#155880 Feb 23, 2013
Atheists and the word "faith". Atheists understand thoroughly the word faith, they understand the meaning and how it's used. Atheists just like the rest of us use faith everyday in one way or another, whether in people or things it's a fact that we all use it everyday. Since atheists use it for other purposes, then why do they not use it to believe in God? The atheists believe their must be proof, facts that substantiate without a doubt something exsists or not. Faith which is used daily is proven to work when one uses it over and over in their lives or they wouldn't continue to use it. An example of faith for instance would be like having faith in a service such as your phone carrier you use, as long as that service runs smoothly you're happy, when it starts to cause you headaches you then have no faith in it as a good phone service, so you change phone carriers. Having faith in people is another way we demostrate the use of faith. Let's say for instance you use a doctor who has always taken the time to listen to you and showed a level of compassion you became use to expecting, and then you noticed his attitude and his lack of paying attention changed and you felt uncomfortable with him displaying this type of behaviour over the course of the last 5 visits, so now you have lost faith in him and you now seek another doctor.. Atheists must have scientific proof that God exsists before they will believe, but they have no problem believing in people or things through faith but refuse to allow themselves to utilize faith to believe in God. God has made it perfectly clear time after time that no calculation or deciphering or scientific testing will ever prove of his exsistence, again time after time God has made it clear that no testing by a man made method will ever prove of him exsisting. He tells us the only way you can know he exsists and he tells us this many many times to make sure we understand that FAITH is the only way to know of him being real. God has made it to where on judgment day no excuses will be used, like the excuse of not using faith to believe in him as we do in people and things in our lives. This seals the fate of those who refuse to believe in God for what ever reason.(12 min ago (55 min ago | post #479)

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#155881 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. There are many things in this life and in this universe that we mere humans are unaware of. Just because there is no evidence of something doesn't mean that something doesn't exist.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

[QUOTE] No. I cannot demonstrate that I do not get a Karma Point for every time I said the word "Awesome" either. I also cannot demonstrate that we're not in The Matrix.
Ideas that are unfalsifiable generally aren't very useful."

Since you can't demonstrate that souls neither exist or do not exist, why do you go by the assumption that they do not exist?

Is it because of evidence, or lack thereof?

Do you understand, or do you believe that science doesn't have the answer for everything right now?
Why do you go by the assumption that souls DO exist?

Some people believe this so strongly that they waste their lives in misery just waiting to "die" into their immortal souls.

If there is no soul, they've just wasted their lives. If there is, they've still wasted their lives.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#155882 Feb 23, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, and what about all the Christians that support the porn industry?
Christians don't support porn, that would be an oxymoron, not to mention a sin.
CunningLinguist

Winter Garden, FL

#155883 Feb 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Actually women are taking over more and more of the adult industry as directors and producers. Men are being totally phased out in that regards. Lol
"Moral indignation is in most cases 2% moral, 48% indignation and 50% envy."
~VITTORIO DE SICA

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#155884 Feb 23, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you go by the assumption that souls DO exist?
Some people believe this so strongly that they waste their lives in misery just waiting to "die" into their immortal souls.
If there is no soul, they've just wasted their lives. If there is, they've still wasted their lives.
You say if their is a soul they still wasted their lives. Christians live a life full of happiness and then go to a place of happiness that the human mind can't even comprehend properly, and you say this. Why do you say something so untrue.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#155885 Feb 23, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you go by the assumption that souls DO exist?
Some people believe this so strongly that they waste their lives in misery just waiting to "die" into their immortal souls.
If there is no soul, they've just wasted their lives. If there is, they've still wasted their lives.
The professing atheist is what is commonly known as an “agnostic”- one who claims he “doesn't know” if God exists. It is interesting to note that the Latin equivalent for the Greek word is “ignoramus.” The Bible tells us that this ignorance is “willful”(Psalm 10:4). It's not that a person can't find God, but that he won't. It has been rightly said that the “atheist” can't find God for the same reason a thief can't find a policeman. He knows that if he admits that there is a God, he is admitting that he is ultimately responsible to Him. This is not a pleasant thought for some.(20 min ago | post #155879)

Jackson, TN

Homosexuals in Jackson
CunningLinguist

Winter Garden, FL

#155886 Feb 23, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
Atheists and the word "faith". Atheists understand thoroughly the word faith, they understand the meaning and how it's used. Atheists just like the rest of us use faith everyday in one way or another, whether in people or things it's a fact that we all use it everyday. Since atheists use it for other purposes, then why do they not use it to believe in God? The atheists believe their must be proof, facts that substantiate without a doubt something exsists or not. Faith which is used daily is proven to work when one uses it over and over in their lives or they wouldn't continue to use it. An example of faith for instance would be like having faith in a service such as your phone carrier you use, as long as that service runs smoothly you're happy, when it starts to cause you headaches you then have no faith in it as a good phone service, so you change phone carriers. Having faith in people is another way we demostrate the use of faith. Let's say for instance you use a doctor who has always taken the time to listen to you and showed a level of compassion you became use to expecting, and then you noticed his attitude and his lack of paying attention changed and you felt uncomfortable with him displaying this type of behaviour over the course of the last 5 visits, so now you have lost faith in him and you now seek another doctor.. Atheists must have scientific proof that God exsists before they will believe, but they have no problem believing in people or things through faith but refuse to allow themselves to utilize faith to believe in God. God has made it perfectly clear time after time that no calculation or deciphering or scientific testing will ever prove of his exsistence, again time after time God has made it clear that no testing by a man made method will ever prove of him exsisting. He tells us the only way you can know he exsists and he tells us this many many times to make sure we understand that FAITH is the only way to know of him being real. God has made it to where on judgment day no excuses will be used, like the excuse of not using faith to believe in him as we do in people and things in our lives. This seals the fate of those who refuse to believe in God for what ever reason.(12 min ago (55 min ago | post #479)
True Believers® should answer these two simple questions...

1) Provide evidence that your God is the only true God in a way that religions other than yours cannot do.

2) Provide evidence that your holy book is true in a way that religions other than yours cannot do with their book.

I assume sufficient education and intelligence are present to accept the fact that… Neither Egyptian nor Roman history records any persons known as Moses or Jesus. These individuals exist only in holy books, which themselves are copied from previous legends and myths.

"Despite the mass of contemporary records that have been unearthed in Egypt, not one historical reference to the presence of the Israelites has yet been found there. Not a single mention of Joseph, the Pharaoh's 'Grand Vizier'. Not a word about Moses, or the spectacular flight from Egypt and the destruction of the pursuing Egyptian army."
Magnus Magnusson (The Archaeology of the Bible Lands - BC, p43)

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#155887 Feb 23, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
Atheists and the word "faith". Atheists understand thoroughly the word faith, they understand the meaning and how it's used. Atheists just like the rest of us use faith everyday in one way or another, whether in people or things it's a fact that we all use it everyday. Since atheists use it for other purposes, then why do they not use it to believe in God? The atheists believe their must be proof, facts that substantiate without a doubt something exsists or not. Faith which is used daily is proven to work when one uses it over and over in their lives or they wouldn't continue to use it. An example of faith for instance would be like having faith in a service such as your phone carrier you use, as long as that service runs smoothly you're happy, when it starts to cause you headaches you then have no faith in it as a good phone service, so you change phone carriers. Having faith in people is another way we demostrate the use of faith. Let's say for instance you use a doctor who has always taken the time to listen to you and showed a level of compassion you became use to expecting, and then you noticed his attitude and his lack of paying attention changed and you felt uncomfortable with him displaying this type of behaviour over the course of the last 5 visits, so now you have lost faith in him and you now seek another doctor.. Atheists must have scientific proof that God exsists before they will believe, but they have no problem believing in people or things through faith but refuse to allow themselves to utilize faith to believe in God. God has made it perfectly clear time after time that no calculation or deciphering or scientific testing will ever prove of his exsistence, again time after time God has made it clear that no testing by a man made method will ever prove of him exsisting. He tells us the only way you can know he exsists and he tells us this many many times to make sure we understand that FAITH is the only way to know of him being real. God has made it to where on judgment day no excuses will be used, like the excuse of not using faith to believe in him as we do in people and things in our lives. This seals the fate of those who refuse to believe in God for what ever reason.(12 min ago (55 min ago | post #479)
There's no such thing as god. When you liars discover what honesty and intellectual curiosity is, please let us know.

Until then take your rag bible which claims all atheists are fools and shove it where the sun doesnt shine.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#155888 Feb 23, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as god. When you liars discover what honesty and intellectual curiosity is, please let us know.
Until then take your rag bible which claims all atheists are fools and shove it where the sun doesnt shine.
http://www.faithfacts.org/search-for-truth/ma...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 min Into The Night 51,332
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 11 min Eagle 12 11,398
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 28 min Eagle 12 22,091
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 31 min Regolith Based Li... 24,639
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 2 hr Hedonist Heretic 1,641
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 6 hr Richardfs 5,788
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 6 hr Dogen 460
More from around the web