Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
149,661 - 149,680 of 225,719 Comments Last updated 31 min ago

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

The religious are machines that want to be human, and the atheists are humans that want to be machines. Weird world.

Being human is living, experiencing emotions, and appreciating them. Why you have poetry, music, and a host of other things.

Hard to understand why someone thinks we should all be robots and then claim some intellectual superiority.

BTW, the machine thinkers are much more likely to dispose of what they consider malfunctions than humans cutting slack on other humans experiencing this existence and getting a consensus built.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
What you don't seem to realize is that I played with your type of mysticism when I was young, but I realized it was all self-delusion. It seems you never grew out of it.
Oh, I have seen the mysticism, and have seen how it is just another attempt to make sense of things like your physics. In fact, I have seen some of the same physical forces flowing through it.

But I did that at a much later age, with a much greater experience in hard physics and less vulnerable mindset. A more mature and developed perspective. With such you don't just kneejerk discount and react, throwing out the baby with the bathwater, you incorporate the patterns into the larger one. You get a larger picture and schematic to work from.

The same baby tossing occurs to those who get disappointed by religion earlier on.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
I am sorry you are brain damaged.
It explains a lot, though.
<quoted text>
You should feel kinda worthless. Damaged goods that can run circles around you.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You should feel kinda worthless. Damaged goods that can run circles around you.
love from the creationist scum who can't convince anyone that the earth is 6000 years old.

yes I'm telling you to your face that your cult beliefs are ridiculous.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

http://scitechdaily.com/using-a-fifth-force-o...

As far as modern physics goes, this will lead to a serious re-writing of the books. If the effort isn't killed and buried quickly.

http://scitechdaily.com/gravity-alone-does-no...

The beginning of the end for gravity based cosmology.

http://scitechdaily.com/study-shows-that-bees...

There is that pesky EM again.

EM is not what they define and pigeonhole it to. It is the grand polarity induced into the universe. All the rest is effects.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
love from the creationist scum who can't convince anyone that the earth is 6000 years old.
Whew!!

Fortunately for me your perceptions are irrelevant.

Damn, that was close. Being disapproved of is such a bummer.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://scitechdaily.com/using- a-fifth-force-of-nature-to-pro be-earths-deep-interior/
As far as modern physics goes, this will lead to a serious re-writing of the books. If the effort isn't killed and buried quickly.
http://scitechdaily.com/gravity-alone-does-no...
The beginning of the end for gravity based cosmology.
http://scitechdaily.com/study-shows-that-bees...
There is that pesky EM again.
EM is not what they define and pigeonhole it to. It is the grand polarity induced into the universe. All the rest is effects.
We're not buying your bullsh*t god theory, take your religious propoganda out of this forum and stick it up your dishonest arse, you lying creationist sack of sh*t.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not buying your bullsh*t god theory, take your religious propoganda out of this forum and stick it up your dishonest arse, you lying creationist sack of sh*t.
Do outbursts like that lead to ejaculation, or is that it?

You are a weird puppy.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
If one does an analysis of Topix atheist posts you will find that one common thread. They need to be shown hard proof.
They require their brains to be filled. They require "education". That is what that "proof" is all about.
Evidently they lack the ability to investigate and reason on their own. Oh, they can run their mouths and suffer delusions, but they are lacking a key component of being individual.
So much for wanting them to be the guiding lights of humanity.
And you like all the rest of fundies expect....us to take your word on it.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Most religious nuts don't know what evidence actually is, they think they can just make things up as they go and that it counts as evidence.
When you say “nuts,” are you talking Macadamia or…?

Almonds & Almond Paste
Anacardium nuts
Beechnut
Brazil nut
Bush nut
Butternut
Calisson
Cashew
Chestnut
Coconut
Filbert
Ginko nut
Hazelnut
Hickory nut
Lichee nut
Macadamia nut
Marzipan (almond paste)
Nangai nut
Natural wintergreen extract
Nougat
Pecan
Pesto
Pine nut
Pinon
Pistachio
Queensland nut
Shea nut
Walnut

I didn’t know there was religious nuts, I just thought there were nuts.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
When you say “Fundie,” are you talking about a special ice cream cone?

Well it’s a bit too cold for that.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Real Christians are supposed to be the most humble, most loving, and most forgiving people on the earth. When they are acting otherwise they are either not Christian, or are doing what comes naturally for most of us and usually that is sin. We were born with a sinful nature.
Christians don't think WE are special. We just know that Christ paid a high price for us to have the promise and belief of Heaven.
We don't deserve Heaven, we have just made a conscious decision to humble ourselves and accept the gift Christ died to give us. It is just that easy for anyone to go to Heaven. You just have to accept and believe. I think it takes giving up your pride to believe in Christ.
Dont judge because we never know a persons heart, motives, or what they may be going through. Talk to a person. It won't take long for you to get some idea of what is in their heart.
Real Christians are real people. And real people are far from being perfect. A Christian is a imperfect being serving a perfect God. A misnomer, if one is not perfect they are not a true Christian.

We are all sinners, past, present or future. Through Gods grace and forgiveness we can be saved. God’s word says we must not only be hearers of his word but doers. That means we must try to be good followers. It doesn’t mean we are perfect.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
The religious are machines that want to be human, and the atheists are humans that want to be machines. Weird world.
Being human is living, experiencing emotions, and appreciating them. Why you have poetry, music, and a host of other things.
Hard to understand why someone thinks we should all be robots and then claim some intellectual superiority.
BTW, the machine thinkers are much more likely to dispose of what they consider malfunctions than humans cutting slack on other humans experiencing this existence and getting a consensus built.
You really have to stop trying to be deep....you're just embarrassing yourself.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Go and cheer on a gang rape in Malmo
You are a racist that means you are stupid

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

The_Box wrote:
That wasn't what I said. What I said was that it requires one to reject superior natural explanations.
If we heard a noise in your attic and I told you that it sounds just like the noise raccoons make in attics, and you countered by saying the noise could be caused by the burps of Magic Attic Gnomes, no reasonable person would accept your explanation over mine because you are making unnecessary appeals to things we don't even know exist.
That being said, the cultural dependence of many aspects of NDEs is evidence against it being an objective afterlife experience. People's reports of their experiences strongly match up with their pre-existing expectations. For example, Christians sometimes see Jesus, while Hindus sometimes see Hindu deities. That shouldn't occur.
Why shouldn't it occur?

Would you be happier if they saw nothing after they die, as atheists suggest?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
There goes that beautiful morality of yours, Septic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Orrie, there is something very important about this whole matter you are missing.

You act like deists are trying to force you to believe as they do regarding an afterlife.

They aren't. They are giving their own testimony the same as you are with your rejection. You can accept it and figure it in with your own calculations just as much as they can accept yours and figure it into their own.

You overreact. And a lot of other Topixc atheists do. Which leads to the pissing contests and name calling on here because they react to your reaction.

As far as Christianity goes, the belief is you are to give testimony and let you and God remake yourself, not me.

Credit card companies and economic interests want to "own" you, not Christianity. Can't say that for other religions, or some organized Christian sects. You always have that economic interest in maintaining a flock. But Christianity allows for you to create your very own personal relationship with the Creator. Custom built.

You will find atheist and secular interests just as bad about keeping you penned in to milk and shear as any organized hierarchal religion.

You are not in the loop of my personal life other than as words on a monitor. If you are not in the way where I would trip over your dead body, then you are just some remote thing, like a deity and its interest in keeping you around for a long time you decide not to believe in.

Such applies to all of us. Your physical interests lie in the physical beings you deal with physically. That is reality. Every thing else is a head trip.

Do what you want with what you hear. You can rot in hell or on the ground for all I can really care. It is your ass, not mine. And it doesn't matter if you think I am wrong in my beliefs or not.

Does that sound very "Christian", as you perceive it should be?

Plus your taste in music sucks.

God loves you if nobody else does. Maybe.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why shouldn't it occur?
Because it is a contradiction. The Christian and Hindu afterlifes cannot both be true. So, either the Christian, the Hindu, or both have had an experience that was not real.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Would you be happier if they saw nothing after they die, as atheists suggest?
None of these people have truly died. If they did, they would not be able to convey their experiences.

I think it would be great if all these people reported their NDE as a comforting experience (though they don't). Even if not real, that's not a bad way to go out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

The_Box wrote:
Because it is a contradiction. The Christian and Hindu afterlifes cannot both be true. So, either the Christian, the Hindu, or both have had an experience that was not real.
Perhaps they saw the same thing but interpreted it differently.
None of these people have truly died. If they did, they would not be able to convey their experiences.
They disagree with you: http://www.near-death.com/
I think it would be great if all these people reported their NDE as a comforting experience (though they don't). Even if not real, that's not a bad way to go out.
What do you think happens after death?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There goes that beautiful morality of yours, Septic.
You don't have any morals - that's why you're trying to sell a god you have no proof of.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••