Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255503 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#155823 Feb 22, 2013
Ever wonder how much of your ancestors memories may be stored in your DNA?

If you go strictly with the belief your consciousness is a result of physical processes, then your personality and thinking will be guided by the epigenomic changes that have occurred since life began. Perhaps that can explain some of our Topix atheists and their intellectual development. Kinda stopped dead around the small mammal stage.

But that genetic coding could cause some of these paranormal activities and other unexplained by science thingies. We are not essentially "one" individual, but a collation of many over a very long time. Some arguing with each other like we do on here, while still occupying the same body.

That was something that occurred to me after my concussion. It was derived from part of that NDE.

One spirit having to function through a cacophony of voices, and developing a relative singular being. Competing thoughts, and some are chosen and guide the being.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#155824 Feb 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you said.
Why can't you admit that "souls don't exist" is your opinion?
"Souls exist" is my opinion....
Your opinion does not carry the weight of evidence to support it.

Lamar, CO

#155825 Feb 22, 2013
http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams...

I like this.

About time people pushed back at the politicial looney tunes that have been running rampant too much of my life.
Its Jus Me

Knoxville, TN

#155826 Feb 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither does yours disprove souls exist?

Lamar, CO

#155827 Feb 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Who made you the judge? Or jury, for that matter.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#155828 Feb 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor does yours. That's why it's called a belief.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#155829 Feb 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregor y-gwyn-williams-jr/firearms-co mpanies-restricting-sales-gove rnment-agencies-areas
I like this.
About time people pushed back at the politicial looney tunes that have been running rampant too much of my life.
I like that I hope that they hold to it.
Its Jus Me

Knoxville, TN

#155830 Feb 22, 2013
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>I like that I hope that they hold to it.
Joe Fortuna? hahaha

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Wichita. Ks.

#155831 Feb 22, 2013
Its Jus Me wrote:
<quoted text>No we are not specks in the universe.We are created in the image of God.If you disagree then you are nothing but an animal.Personally.I think I am above that.Some are not.
Come on you know god is created in mans image.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#155832 Feb 22, 2013
New about? Oh your stupidity is painful to watch on here.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha ha!
Do tell, what scientist 100 years ago new about wireless printing technology?

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Wichita. Ks.

#155833 Feb 22, 2013
Its Jus Me wrote:
<quoted text>Joe Fortuna? hahaha
There are many Joe Fortuna’s who and/or which are you referring too?
Thinking

Ilminster, UK

#155834 Feb 22, 2013
Ah, bless. Grown ups are speaking now.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You should feel kinda worthless. Damaged goods that can run circles around you.

United States

#155835 Feb 22, 2013
Oh wow here we go with the ultra low iq argument of, well I have no proof or evidence whatsoever for my assertion but uh uh duh you prove it's wrong!

:sigh:

The concession speech of a loser.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess none. You're the genius atheist....
<quoted text>
It's just as irrational as saying it DOESN'T exist with no evidence.
You keep missing that.
<quoted text>
Because I know all about car engines, fairies aren't in them.(Except for the Prius)
<quoted text>
Because I know that wood, stucco, concrete, drywall, paint and glass are inanimate objects and cannot get angry.
<quoted text>
No.
There's a difference between extraordinary claims and ridiculous extraordinary claims....

Lamar, CO

#155836 Feb 22, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Ah, bless. Grown ups are speaking now.
<quoted text>
That's why you left the kitchen and got on the computer?
Thinking

Ilminster, UK

#155837 Feb 22, 2013
Why?
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why you left the kitchen and got on the computer?

United States

#155838 Feb 22, 2013
Ever wonder what your posts would be like if you hadn't suffered brain damage?

You may be able to provide something better than NDE and magnets.
Dave Nelson wrote:
Ever wonder how much of your ancestors memories may be stored in your DNA?
If you go strictly with the belief your consciousness is a result of physical processes, then your personality and thinking will be guided by the epigenomic changes that have occurred since life began. Perhaps that can explain some of our Topix atheists and their intellectual development. Kinda stopped dead around the small mammal stage.
But that genetic coding could cause some of these paranormal activities and other unexplained by science thingies. We are not essentially "one" individual, but a collation of many over a very long time. Some arguing with each other like we do on here, while still occupying the same body.
That was something that occurred to me after my concussion. It was derived from part of that NDE.
One spirit having to function through a cacophony of voices, and developing a relative singular being. Competing thoughts, and some are chosen and guide the being.

Lamar, CO

#155839 Feb 22, 2013
http://www.denverpost.com/grow/ci_22646080/ma...

Informative article. I even saved a copy.

:-)

Lamar, CO

#155840 Feb 22, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Why?
<quoted text>
Why what?

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#155841 Feb 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor does yours. That's why it's called a belief.

I have no belief in this, as the truth is I want to think there is something there. But the evidence says I'm wrong , and the brain is mind. What ever it is that makes us, us ..that resides within the physical body , only exists when the body is alive.
Lori

Ocean Springs, MS

#155842 Feb 22, 2013
discocrisco wrote:
Maybe, the Christians got it right on the God thing. What they didn't know that is there is intelligent life right and God manifested himself in another way than us.
And there is millions of our civilizations among this universe and millions of ways God revealed himslf to them
But see it was none of business to know how he did it. It is beyond our feeble little minds. Us humans think we are terminally unique. Guess what. We are not. We are little specks in the infinite, large cosmos.
I understood that Atheism is not a belief, but actually just a non-belief of religions. I have seen The Amazing Atheist, and he explains it that way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min ChristineM 34,461
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 40 min ChristineM 14,866
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr ChristineM 20,053
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 5 hr emperorjohn 4,468
News Your atheism isn&#x27;t going to keep your... (Apr '14) 5 hr emperorjohn 168
News Are There Atheists in the Foxholes? 5 hr emperorjohn 54
News How 'new atheists' are just as dangerous as the... 6 hr emperorjohn 109
More from around the web