Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,478)

Showing posts 149,541 - 149,560 of216,878
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

CunningLinguist wrote:
We must make excuses for the writers whom were not the sharpest knifes in drawer!
LMAO!

Wait for it.....

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with you?
Why would Atheist want to bring children into this religious world?

Then when you consider that the secular hospitals are overcrowded and long waits. An Atheist would end up going to one of the fine up to date Christian Hospitals. And Christians would be delivering and handling the baby.

How awful for Atheist. Having a baby delivered in a Christian Hospital and the baby coming in contact with Christian Staff. They might even do something like pray for the baby.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists don't know how to define faith, as it requires the ability to have it to define it. You see constant attempts by them to define it to their own view on here. Their arguments based upon their definitions are hollow.
They see to see it as only a blind obedience to a way of thought dictated by a hierarchy. That is why they like to cite Hitchens and other leaders of the atheist movement, and claim science supports their views. All without the ability to question their own blind faith, as instilled by their leaders.
The only freethinking exhibited by these Topix atheists is the little badge issued to them by the movement saying I'm a freethinker. It came with the list of talking points and hymn book of favorite anti-gospel rants.
Why do you perceive faith to be a virtue, something desirable? In a world filled with uncertainty, it's complicated enough to make clear decisions based on facts - why would I allow faith, which is nothing more than my desire to "will" a particular outcome, enter the equation? I've seen many poor business models based on faith alone ("I just KNOW this will work.") go down in flames. Many bad relationships ("I just KNOW it will work out this time.") that could have been avoided with a healthy dose of skepticism and common sense, turn ugly and eventually disintegrate. Life has enough pitfalls as it is, why should I create my own hurdles to add to the confusion?

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Well you sure do quite them enough and have posted links to them and conservative wiki. You mental midgets are free to brag like the jackasses you are. We free thinkers will glance at each other, sigh, shake our heads in pity.
You dedicate your life to an invisible sky wizard because you think he will sen you to Hell if you don't. You must throw reason to the side and rely on superstition and that is sad because reason I what makes us different from the animals. And you throw away your birthright for a bowl of superstitious diarrhea.
I pity your lot, I really do.
<quoted text>
I think I've quoted Fox news one time since I've been on topix, just Once. And for you that would seem to be "enough" times?

I don't know what you're talking about, I don't believe in any sky wizard.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then when you consider that the secular hospitals are overcrowded and long waits. An Atheist would end up going to one of the fine up to date Christian Hospitals. And Christians would be delivering and handling the baby.
How awful for Atheist. Having a baby delivered in a Christian Hospital and the baby coming in contact with Christian Staff. They might even do something like pray for the baby.
What's wrong with you?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you perceive faith to be a virtue, something desirable? In a world filled with uncertainty, it's complicated enough to make clear decisions based on facts - why would I allow faith, which is nothing more than my desire to "will" a particular outcome, enter the equation? I've seen many poor business models based on faith alone ("I just KNOW this will work.") go down in flames. Many bad relationships ("I just KNOW it will work out this time.") that could have been avoided with a healthy dose of skepticism and common sense, turn ugly and eventually disintegrate. Life has enough pitfalls as it is, why should I create my own hurdles to add to the confusion?
Sorry, faith is an anchor or fulcrum to work from. If you don't have it you just get blown by the wind. True, it can be misguided and fail, but then again it also works for some. The ambitions have faith, that why they get somewhere. Gamblers do to. A few of them get there.

Faith covers a lot of territory. You need a certain amoun tin yourslef to even survive. Faith in something looking out for you helps that faith in yourself.

Sure beats being a neurotic liberal nervous wreck.:-)

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You say some silly stuff sometimes.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

The 80% figure is just my council. Others landfill more, but all are improving as landfill costs will increase to a peak in 2014.

Once filled, sometimes 200+ feet deep, we can reclaim the landfill as parkland. There is an impermeable layer of clay or plastic separating the parkland from the waste. Meanwhile, the methane created by the waste is extracted, meeting ~3% of the UK's energy needs.

Germany landfills just 7% of their waste, but they incinerate 35% of their waste in order to achieve this 7% figure.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
80% recycling is pretty good. Itís surprising you have any land available for land fill in the UK. Iím glad to hear that you guys donít do ocean dumping.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is all in perspective.
The fairies could still be there protecting you even if you don't believe in them.
One way to test is to de-fairyfy the place. Then if something bad happens to you, you will have some real evidence to support your claim they don't exist.
Want me to tell you how to de-fairyfy it? It will take some serious commitment on your part. I will try to find some less bloodless way to do it, though. Never had to de-fairyfy before. This may take some thinking.
I will advise you that when you make changes on a level such as that there is no telling from your perspective on what will happen. Nature abhors a vacuum on all levels. She very much strives to balance things out. You just don't know what will fill that void. It is usually best to just deal with what you know.
OHHHH...KAAAAYYYY....."Th e fairies could still be there protecting me?" REALLY. I think this post gives me all the information I need about you. And no thanks I don't want you to tell me how to "DE-FAIRIFY" You're really becoming frightening!!!!!! Errr...ahhh...Gotta Go....see ya.........(rapid footsteps fading in the distance)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I've quoted Fox news one time since I've been on topix, just Once. And for you that would seem to be "enough" times?
I don't know what you're talking about, I don't believe in any sky wizard.

What ? You believe in water wizards don't you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>OHHHH...KAAAAYYYY..... "The fairies could still be there protecting me?" REALLY. I think this post gives me all the information I need about you. And no thanks I don't want you to tell me how to "DE-FAIRIFY" You're really becoming frightening!!!!!! Errr...ahhh...Gotta Go....see ya.........(rapid footsteps fading in the distance)
Don't get all nervous. I was just telling you how to get proof of your fairies being faux. I did advise against it as I elaborated upon in the next post concerning that, and in the post about lightning.

Basically,everything has to be somewhere, and if it ain't broke, don't try fixing it. Particularly if you can't see it.

Now, you live here in a world of light. What you see and perceive as real is just a minute fraction of the volume of the universe. Matter is a foam and is spread in a web. You can't see what may lurk in the dark. BTW, this dark also comprises most of yourself. So things can travel through it undetected by your material light based self. If what we call matter can weave forms, then the other half of the system can weave forms, too. Except the other half is more like 95%. You can call it "space". It grew with the expansion of the Big Bang.

I believe you said you were in combat. Did you get in the habit of smoking near the perimeter, or under lights in camp visible from outside the perimeter. I'm sure you didn't, because you are still here. There be dangers lurking out in the dark. Even when you were in the light.

If you live only in the light, then you are naked and lovely to whatever lives in the dark. Things that may come and eat you from the inside out. They can come from all directions. Ain't no way to defend against them if they want your ass. So you need some sentries out in that dark.

Just saying.

And don't laugh.

Leave some treats for your fairies if you don't have something bigger to protect you. Avoid blood.

:-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get all nervous. I was just telling you how to get proof of your fairies being faux. I did advise against it as I elaborated upon in the next post concerning that, and in the post about lightning.
Basically,everything has to be somewhere, and if it ain't broke, don't try fixing it. Particularly if you can't see it.
Now, you live here in a world of light. What you see and perceive as real is just a minute fraction of the volume of the universe. Matter is a foam and is spread in a web. You can't see what may lurk in the dark. BTW, this dark also comprises most of yourself. So things can travel through it undetected by your material light based self. If what we call matter can weave forms, then the other half of the system can weave forms, too. Except the other half is more like 95%. You can call it "space". It grew with the expansion of the Big Bang.
I believe you said you were in combat. Did you get in the habit of smoking near the perimeter, or under lights in camp visible from outside the perimeter. I'm sure you didn't, because you are still here. There be dangers lurking out in the dark. Even when you were in the light.
If you live only in the light, then you are naked and lovely to whatever lives in the dark. Things that may come and eat you from the inside out. They can come from all directions. Ain't no way to defend against them if they want your ass. So you need some sentries out in that dark.
Just saying.
And don't laugh.
Leave some treats for your fairies if you don't have something bigger to protect you. Avoid blood.
:-)
Your real name is humpty dumpty isn't it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Your real name is humpty dumpty isn't it?
No, but I knew him.

Orrie, what is the greatest evolutionary advantage any social creature can have?

Think real hard.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Atheists don't know how to define faith, as it requires the ability to have it to define it. You see constant attempts by them to define it to their own view on here. Their arguments based upon their definitions are hollow.

They see to see it as only a blind obedience to a way of thought dictated by a hierarchy. That is why they like to cite Hitchens and other leaders of the atheist movement, and claim science supports their views. All without the ability to question their own blind faith, as instilled by their leaders.

The only freethinking exhibited by these Topix atheists is the little badge issued to them by the movement saying I'm a freethinker. It came with the list of talking points and hymn book of favorite anti-gospel rants.
What'd you give up for lent, Dave?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
What'd you give up for lent, Dave?
What's lent?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, faith is an anchor or fulcrum to work from. If you don't have it you just get blown by the wind. True, it can be misguided and fail, but then again it also works for some. The ambitions have faith, that why they get somewhere. Gamblers do to. A few of them get there.
Faith covers a lot of territory. You need a certain amoun tin yourslef to even survive. Faith in something looking out for you helps that faith in yourself.
Sure beats being a neurotic liberal nervous wreck.:-)
Presumptions, and nothing more. Blind faith is synonymous with gullible, which is actually "getting blown by the wind," without evidence you have blind faith.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

That made me think of kindly Scottish democrats...

www.youtube.com/watch...
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Your real name is humpty dumpty isn't it?

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
What ? You believe in water wizards don't you?
Only back in my D&D days....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but I knew him.
Orrie, what is the greatest evolutionary advantage any social creature can have?
Think real hard.
The fifth amendment.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Presumptions, and nothing more. Blind faith is synonymous with gullible, which is actually "getting blown by the wind," without evidence you have blind faith.
You are a very reactive creature.

Who said blind faith?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 149,541 - 149,560 of216,878
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••