Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
149,541 - 149,560 of 224,042 Comments Last updated 17 min ago

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Why should anyone care what he book of Hebrews says anymore than the stories of Perseus?

They're all ancient myths except Perseus hasn't been rewritten and changed as many times :)
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews defines faith as “the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen” Hebrews 11:1
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
The fact is that everybody has faith of sorts.
Evolutionists have faith in their version of origins, subway passengers trust a train driver’s skills, and children believe they’ll get gifts at Christmas.
All of us are relying on something unseen.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The ability to learn from the mistakes of others.
That sounds very hypercritical and arrogant Dave.
Wouldn't it be better to recognize and learn from your own mistakes?
But yes to learn (anything) is a plus.

That isn't evolutionary though, that's just wisdom.
What I learn many times from others is...
No matter how bad it is for me , at times of bad times.
Someone else has it worse.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

http://lasp.colorado.edu/media/education/reu/...

Interesting paper on the solar wind, magnetic fields and things. Powerpoint presentation.

Understand there is a constant stream of charged particles and magnetic fields from the sun to here. Charged particles are plasmas, very electrical and magnetic oriented. There is a fixed grip on our magnetic field. Modified by variations in the fixed current and CME's. We are very tied to the sun by more than gravity.

Get some magnets and string and play with them. Remember good ol' EM induction.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://lasp.colorado.edu/media /education/reu/2009/docs/talks /solar_wind.jtgosling.ppt
Interesting paper on the solar wind, magnetic fields and things. Powerpoint presentation.
Understand there is a constant stream of charged particles and magnetic fields from the sun to here. Charged particles are plasmas, very electrical and magnetic oriented. There is a fixed grip on our magnetic field. Modified by variations in the fixed current and CME's. We are very tied to the sun by more than gravity.
Magnetic string theory huh? lol

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a very reactive creature.
Who said blind faith?
Dave, that would be the atheists.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews defines faith as “the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen” Hebrews 11:1
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
Evolutionists have faith in their version of origins, subway passengers trust a train driver’s skills, and children believe they’ll get gifts at Christmas.
No.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
Dave!!! I missed you! Still fighting the good fight, eh?!?!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Yawn you constantly use Fox News links not to mention conservative wiki and you quote all their silly arguments word for word.
And you know it.
You're lying.

And you know it.

That's a good thing - for me. It shows that you're running our of steam....
You believe in the invisible sky wizard Yahweh/Jesus so stop lying.
Christians don't believe in an invisible sky wizard, that's an atheist thing.
You believe in that invisible sky wizard and you know it.
You want me to start lying like you?!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Why should anyone care what he book of Hebrews says anymore than the stories of Perseus?
They're all ancient myths except Perseus hasn't been rewritten and changed as many times :)
<quoted text>
It's the substance, dude. Not the source.

Don't agree?

You've probably seen me write "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence". A smart phrase, from your precious Carl Sagan.

Lower your ego shield a few degrees.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

timn17 wrote:
No.
Oh, well shit.

With THAT kind of rebuttal, you might be on to something.....

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Atheist want to bring children into this religious world?
Then when you consider that the secular hospitals are overcrowded and long waits. An Atheist would end up going to one of the fine up to date Christian Hospitals. And Christians would be delivering and handling the baby.
How awful for Atheist. Having a baby delivered in a Christian Hospital and the baby coming in contact with Christian Staff. They might even do something like pray for the baby.
Who is "Atheist"?

You keep doing that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Magnetic string theory huh? lol
:-)

Strings are just glorified chains of magnetic current.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Dave!!! I missed you! Still fighting the good fight, eh?!?!
You sound insincere.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with you?
How long you got?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Doctor REALITY wrote:
Atheists know that God is REAL. But they don't want to give up their sins in exchange for the Lord's holiness.
Wanna bet?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I have faith in pulling a threesome with the Olsen sisters, something I very much hope for, Hebrews 11:1 assures me it's a done deal? Hell, count me in the flock...

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Thinking wrote:
The 80% figure is just my council. Others landfill more, but all are improving as landfill costs will increase to a peak in 2014.
Once filled, sometimes 200+ feet deep, we can reclaim the landfill as parkland. There is an impermeable layer of clay or plastic separating the parkland from the waste. Meanwhile, the methane created by the waste is extracted, meeting ~3% of the UK's energy needs.
Germany landfills just 7% of their waste, but they incinerate 35% of their waste in order to achieve this 7% figure.
<quoted text>
Thank you, it’s a interesting subject since your land has been occupied for centuries.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Heh heh.

Atheists have lots of faith. They have faith they will die and totally cease to be when the body dies.

No fear of being naked and all alone in a new realm, not a clue about what exists in it.

Their only "proof" they have is someone else died and disappeared. Grandma died and didn't get in touch with them.

Maybe Grandma got eaten after she left.

You don't know until you get there yourself.

They be tough. They don't need no help. They got their fellow live compadres. Here.

Big universe. All alone if you are wrong. Maybe for eternity. Nowhere to go.

Look up at the night sky. Put yourself way out there. All alone.

But they have their faith to get them through this life. Even if it turns out to be wrong,

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>Why would Atheist want to bring children into this religious world?

Then when you consider that the secular hospitals are overcrowded and long waits. An Atheist would end up going to one of the fine up to date Christian Hospitals. And Christians would be delivering and handling the baby.

How awful for Atheist. Having a baby delivered in a Christian Hospital and the baby coming in contact with Christian Staff. They might even do something like pray for the baby.
What's wrong with you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I have faith in pulling a threesome with the Olsen sisters, something I very much hope for, Hebrews 11:1 assures me it's a done deal? Hell, count me in the flock...
That's the neat thing. If you have assurance and confidence that you'll one day bone the Olson twins (????) at the same time, you'll likely find a way to make it happen.

Do it, bro. But take pics, please!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 32 min Patrick 186
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Patrick 832
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 1 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 1 hr Patrick 3
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 1 hr Patrick 359
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Patrick 21,382
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 23 hr Patrick 1,285
•••
•••