Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#155602 Feb 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews defines faith as “the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen” Hebrews 11:1
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
The fact is that everybody has faith of sorts.
Evolutionists have faith in their version of origins, subway passengers trust a train driver’s skills, and children believe they’ll get gifts at Christmas.
All of us are relying on something unseen.
No.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#155603 Feb 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Get some magnets and string and play with them. Remember good ol' EM induction.
Dave!!! I missed you! Still fighting the good fight, eh?!?!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#155604 Feb 21, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yawn you constantly use Fox News links not to mention conservative wiki and you quote all their silly arguments word for word.
And you know it.
You're lying.

And you know it.

That's a good thing - for me. It shows that you're running our of steam....
You believe in the invisible sky wizard Yahweh/Jesus so stop lying.
Christians don't believe in an invisible sky wizard, that's an atheist thing.
You believe in that invisible sky wizard and you know it.
You want me to start lying like you?!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#155605 Feb 21, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Why should anyone care what he book of Hebrews says anymore than the stories of Perseus?
They're all ancient myths except Perseus hasn't been rewritten and changed as many times :)
<quoted text>
It's the substance, dude. Not the source.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Don't agree?

You've probably seen me write "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence". A smart phrase, from your precious Carl Sagan.

Lower your ego shield a few degrees.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#155606 Feb 21, 2013
timn17 wrote:
No.
Oh, well shit.

With THAT kind of rebuttal, you might be on to something.....

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#155607 Feb 21, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Atheist want to bring children into this religious world?
Then when you consider that the secular hospitals are overcrowded and long waits. An Atheist would end up going to one of the fine up to date Christian Hospitals. And Christians would be delivering and handling the baby.
How awful for Atheist. Having a baby delivered in a Christian Hospital and the baby coming in contact with Christian Staff. They might even do something like pray for the baby.
Who is "Atheist"?

You keep doing that.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#155608 Feb 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Magnetic string theory huh? lol
:-)

Strings are just glorified chains of magnetic current.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#155609 Feb 21, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Dave!!! I missed you! Still fighting the good fight, eh?!?!
You sound insincere.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#155611 Feb 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with you?
How long you got?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#155613 Feb 21, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Atheists know that God is REAL. But they don't want to give up their sins in exchange for the Lord's holiness.
Wanna bet?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#155614 Feb 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews defines faith as “the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen” Hebrews 11:1
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
The fact is that everybody has faith of sorts.
Evolutionists have faith in their version of origins, subway passengers trust a train driver’s skills, and children believe they’ll get gifts at Christmas.
All of us are relying on something unseen.
So if I have faith in pulling a threesome with the Olsen sisters, something I very much hope for, Hebrews 11:1 assures me it's a done deal? Hell, count me in the flock...

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#155615 Feb 21, 2013
Thinking wrote:
The 80% figure is just my council. Others landfill more, but all are improving as landfill costs will increase to a peak in 2014.
Once filled, sometimes 200+ feet deep, we can reclaim the landfill as parkland. There is an impermeable layer of clay or plastic separating the parkland from the waste. Meanwhile, the methane created by the waste is extracted, meeting ~3% of the UK's energy needs.
Germany landfills just 7% of their waste, but they incinerate 35% of their waste in order to achieve this 7% figure.
<quoted text>
Thank you, it’s a interesting subject since your land has been occupied for centuries.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#155616 Feb 21, 2013
Heh heh.

Atheists have lots of faith. They have faith they will die and totally cease to be when the body dies.

No fear of being naked and all alone in a new realm, not a clue about what exists in it.

Their only "proof" they have is someone else died and disappeared. Grandma died and didn't get in touch with them.

Maybe Grandma got eaten after she left.

You don't know until you get there yourself.

They be tough. They don't need no help. They got their fellow live compadres. Here.

Big universe. All alone if you are wrong. Maybe for eternity. Nowhere to go.

Look up at the night sky. Put yourself way out there. All alone.

But they have their faith to get them through this life. Even if it turns out to be wrong,

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#155617 Feb 21, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>Why would Atheist want to bring children into this religious world?

Then when you consider that the secular hospitals are overcrowded and long waits. An Atheist would end up going to one of the fine up to date Christian Hospitals. And Christians would be delivering and handling the baby.

How awful for Atheist. Having a baby delivered in a Christian Hospital and the baby coming in contact with Christian Staff. They might even do something like pray for the baby.
What's wrong with you?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#155618 Feb 21, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I have faith in pulling a threesome with the Olsen sisters, something I very much hope for, Hebrews 11:1 assures me it's a done deal? Hell, count me in the flock...
That's the neat thing. If you have assurance and confidence that you'll one day bone the Olson twins (????) at the same time, you'll likely find a way to make it happen.

Do it, bro. But take pics, please!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#155619 Feb 21, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with you?
Would you get pissed if a nurse prayed for your newborn baby?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#155620 Feb 21, 2013
Goodnight, everyone.

Remember that last breath you took can always be your last one. A damned meteor can hit you in the head.

Then you ain't got no time to stop and think anymore. You done arrived at the end of the line.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#155621 Feb 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Heh heh.
Atheists have lots of faith. They have faith they will die and totally cease to be when the body dies.
No fear of being naked and all alone in a new realm, not a clue about what exists in it.
Their only "proof" they have is someone else died and disappeared. Grandma died and didn't get in touch with them.
Maybe Grandma got eaten after she left.
You don't know until you get there yourself.
They be tough. They don't need no help. They got their fellow live compadres. Here.
Big universe. All alone if you are wrong. Maybe for eternity. Nowhere to go.
Look up at the night sky. Put yourself way out there. All alone.
But they have their faith to get them through this life. Even if it turns out to be wrong,
You had a NDE. You quite obviously didn't cross over and return. Why do you continue to use it as an absolute reference?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#155622 Feb 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Heh heh.
Atheists have lots of faith. They have faith they will die and totally cease to be when the body dies.
No fear of being naked and all alone in a new realm, not a clue about what exists in it.
Their only "proof" they have is someone else died and disappeared. Grandma died and didn't get in touch with them.
Maybe Grandma got eaten after she left.
You don't know until you get there yourself.
They be tough. They don't need no help. They got their fellow live compadres. Here.
Big universe. All alone if you are wrong. Maybe for eternity. Nowhere to go.
Look up at the night sky. Put yourself way out there. All alone.
But they have their faith to get them through this life. Even if it turns out to be wrong,
Dave, you sound like you're scared to death of death.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#155623 Feb 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you get pissed if a nurse prayed for your newborn baby?
No, I wouldn't mind if the nurse prays.

So long as it doesn't interfere with doing a good job with her medical responsibility.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heaven 1 hr _Bad Company 43
Our world came from nothing? 4 hr Carchar king 1,104
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 6 hr fadu singh 23,043
Former Atheist Academic Who Rejected God and Be... 13 hr Hooogle It 77
Evidence for God! 18 hr Uncle Sam 43
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Thu Ooogah Boogah 14,391
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Wed Dally Mama 5,583

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE