Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#155423 Feb 20, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
What is black metal music?
That's a huge question.

These guys are now considered more progressive metal, nevertheless...at one time they were black/death.

Not black metal, but some math metal(incredible playing, multiple time signatures, 8 strings etc...).
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Try giving a listen(I recommend start to finish for both). It isn't for everyone.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#155424 Feb 20, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey don't shoot the messenger because your theory originated with Greek goat herders.Hey Boy, your scientists embraced the goat herder theory.The only stupid is in your mirror.
Slap another coat of stupid on, you do it so well.

Location hidden

#155425 Feb 20, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> That's a huge question.
These guys are now considered more progressive metal, nevertheless...at one time they were black/death.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Cb9C1u8HsR8XX
Not black metal, but some math metal(incredible playing, multiple time signatures, 8 strings etc...).
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Try giving a listen(I recommend start to finish for both). It isn't for everyone.
Ok I get the picture but never heard the term.
I like some like that, but call it dark or progressive , sort of satanic I love Hysterica and Crucified Barbra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

But they aren't as progressive as the ones you posted.
I like women bands, they tun my eyes on as well as my ears :).

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#155426 Feb 20, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I get the picture but never heard the term.
I like some like that, but call it dark or progressive , sort of satanic I love Hysterica and Crucified Barbra.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =t4JjWyUucoYXX
But they aren't as progressive as the ones you posted.
I like women bands, they tun my eyes on as well as my ears :).
Pretty good. You'll like this, I think.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#155427 Feb 21, 2013
Well that's a long way of saying you got nothing.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you kindly, I shall file your opinion away for safe keeping into “It doesn’t matter file.”
Or should I put in the,“Who gives a sh** file?”
Don’t worry, I find a good place for it.

Lexington, KY

#155428 Feb 21, 2013
You don't think anyone is cruelly clicking your sad videos do you George Burns look alike?
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jry3wXPPc3cXX
Goodnight.

Lexington, KY

#155429 Feb 21, 2013
Lol actually not cruelly although sitting through Dave's 30+ off topic links of spam would be considered cruel :))
CONSERVATIVE

Dawsonville, GA

#155431 Feb 21, 2013
All you have to do to be an atheist, is NOT believe in God. An ETERNALLY bad choice! Tea Party 2014!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#155432 Feb 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/wa...
High frequency EM.
BTW, the E and the M exist together. Can't really get one without the other.
You didn't leave your head in there long enough.
Since your "knowledge" is based upon what you read, whether you understand it or not.
http://pac.iupac.org/publications/pac/pdf/200...
Yes, magnetic fields affect chemical actions.
EM, it is all in how you put the spin on things,
>.< You just provided evidence that you're a moron. You should stop while you have a small amount of dignity left. The magnets are not what heats things up, they are used to produce the energy waves, electromagnetic energy specifically, that cause the atoms to become excited. This is why you cannot use metal in the microwave, ironically, because electromagnetic waves are attracted to metallic minerals. So all you did was prove that I know what I'm talking about and you're just reading headlines and running with them.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

#155433 Feb 21, 2013
We separate out rubbish into a couple of categories. The council collects it, recycles about 80% of it and landfills the rest.

The cost of landfill to the council is increasing and so the council is motivated to get better at recycling.

Other countries on the continent do a better job of recycling than the UK, it's a work in progress.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a free man to do as you will.
I have a question for you about your country. What does the UK do about garbage? I mean you are a small country. What do you guys do with all that trash? How much of a problem is garbage for your country?
Here in the US we have plenty of land and therefore we have landfills.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#155434 Feb 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Not bad.
I like lots of music, and some(overall across a specific genre) I like less than others, but within each genre, I've found something I like just about as good as what I'd call my more favorite types of music. Be it country, rock, metal, black metal, electronic, jazz or whatever.
There's something good in all of it, once you find that one you like.
That's been pretty much my experience, too.

That genre classifying confuses the hell out of me. It is all music, but so called experts have to classify something as such and such to make themselves look like experts and music gurus. I'm kind of sensitized and reactive to them because of the pretentiousness and peer pressure to buy what they say is cool, going back a long time. An effect of too few outlets of mass media and something to sell. Induced fads. The payola scandal is an example. Oh, the era of the Italian teen idol created by the Mafia. Barf.

Lexington, KY

#155435 Feb 21, 2013
If only there was a way to harness the power of Dave's wrong we could be energy independent and put the Saudi's out of business.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
>.< You just provided evidence that you're a moron. You should stop while you have a small amount of dignity left. The magnets are not what heats things up, they are used to produce the energy waves, electromagnetic energy specifically, that cause the atoms to become excited. This is why you cannot use metal in the microwave, ironically, because electromagnetic waves are attracted to metallic minerals. So all you did was prove that I know what I'm talking about and you're just reading headlines and running with them.

Westcliffe, CO

#155436 Feb 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
"The magnets are not what heats things up, they are used to produce the energy waves, electromagnetic energy specifically, that cause the atoms to become excited."

You will probably read that and think you made sense.

Remove the channeling of magnetism provided by those magnets, and what do you get? Cold coffee.

Magnetism and electricity start on the atomic scale. They add up if channeled properly. Biological cells are made of atoms. It's the EM force that gives them the heebie jeebies so they can move and do things. Excess or deficient charge starts an exchange of EM energy. Motion in a magnetic field induces a charge and movement called electricity. Electricity induces a magnetic field.

Take some iron tablets, then use those speaker magnets.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#155437 Feb 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"The magnets are not what heats things up, they are used to produce the energy waves, electromagnetic energy specifically, that cause the atoms to become excited."
You will probably read that and think you made sense.
Remove the channeling of magnetism provided by those magnets, and what do you get? Cold coffee.
Magnetism and electricity start on the atomic scale. They add up if channeled properly. Biological cells are made of atoms. It's the EM force that gives them the heebie jeebies so they can move and do things. Excess or deficient charge starts an exchange of EM energy. Motion in a magnetic field induces a charge and movement called electricity. Electricity induces a magnetic field.
Take some iron tablets, then use those speaker magnets.
You microwave coffee? Now I know you're insane.

Westcliffe, CO

#155438 Feb 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to warm it up a tad. I hate really hot coffee.

However, I do take care to hold it a moment, and say a few magic numbers of Polymath's to shoo away his virtual particles. They can upset my tummy.
Siro

Australia

#155439 Feb 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably rub 2 sticks together to cook food

Poof

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#155440 Feb 21, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Poof
Oh the irony, that is actually a survival skill, meaning someone capable of doing that knows how to live off the land without the use of modern technology and the wonderful things science has brought us, the very science you deny. Yes, I do know how to cook that way, as well as trap my own food with various methods and build a protective structure from wood lying about. I also know how to survive in a hole in the snow, or under a shrub in the desert. I know how to harvest water from a cactus, and how to protect from dangerous animals that like to eat humans. I can also tell you which way north is from inside a cavern system, and be correct within 10 degrees. I can tell the hour of the day from the Sun's position as well, a useful skill even in the modern era actually. I learned all this because I was raised Mormon and my father was a huge fan of survivalism, he even had a $200 fishing pole, and I was the only one of the kids allowed to even touch it without him smacking their hands. I even learned how to tie my own flies, he loved having a tag along because he was a true father and had to teach everything he knew to one of his kids, even a girl.

Location hidden

#155441 Feb 21, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Poof

According to Dave you need a rock and a magnet too, or something like that.

Westcliffe, CO

#155442 Feb 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh the irony, that is actually a survival skill, meaning someone capable of doing that knows how to live off the land without the use of modern technology and the wonderful things science has brought us, the very science you deny. Yes, I do know how to cook that way, as well as trap my own food with various methods and build a protective structure from wood lying about. I also know how to survive in a hole in the snow, or under a shrub in the desert. I know how to harvest water from a cactus, and how to protect from dangerous animals that like to eat humans. I can also tell you which way north is from inside a cavern system, and be correct within 10 degrees. I can tell the hour of the day from the Sun's position as well, a useful skill even in the modern era actually. I learned all this because I was raised Mormon and my father was a huge fan of survivalism, he even had a $200 fishing pole, and I was the only one of the kids allowed to even touch it without him smacking their hands. I even learned how to tie my own flies, he loved having a tag along because he was a true father and had to teach everything he knew to one of his kids, even a girl.
The alkaloids in cactus can give you the shits, dehydrating the hell out of you, and killing you faster than if you had not harvested the water. That's what I was taught by the Army, anyhow. I had no interest in drinking cactus juice after learning that.

Do you sleep on train tracks in the desert to protect against snakes?
Siro

Seven Hills, Australia

#155443 Feb 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
... I even learned how to tie my own flies, he loved having a tag along because he was a true father and had to teach everything he knew to one of his kids, even a girl.
But you were never a girl, you fugly tranny
What a bs artist you are

Poof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 11 min One way or another 14,442
Christianity Created Hitler 50 min Uncle Sam 83
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 56 min polymath257 41
Richard Dawkins needs to get a life 1 hr polymath257 20
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 1 hr polymath257 276
why? 1 hr thetruth 2
Our world came from nothing? (Jul '14) 7 hr thetruth 1,225
More from around the web