Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#155401 Feb 20, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Try this, Dave. maybe it'll put a little skip in that step.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =msGEcAYCRXAXX
Enjoy.
Put everything down for the next 10 minutes and just lay back and listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#155402 Feb 20, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah , nothing like sciences attempt to explain how life started, the first attempts were made by the ancient Greek philosophers who speculated that there must have been a spontaneous generation of life. This concept was embraced on into the 21st century, when it was renamed abiogenesis .
Abiogenesis's origins were invented by ancient Greek bronze age goat herders , ha,ha,ha.
Philosophers are more like theists than scientists.
You do nothing to remove the stupid from yourself, except pile it on thick and heavy.

Location hidden

#155403 Feb 20, 2013

That is a bit synthesized, but similar to the previous in soulfulness. Set back for 10 minutes and listen.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#155404 Feb 20, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I forgot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =henw06jOo48XX
Full album
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colma_%28album%2...
A little wiki critique.
Wonderful, more endless gimmicks and overdubbing. I even tried to listen to this with an open mind. It is still harmonically void, and the absent's of any really fully developed melodies make listening a real chore. Its like looking at a pinging of a tree, nothing else, no background no detail just a tree. Strip away the electronic gimmickry and you have no substance whatsoever. Remove the mask and bucket and you have one of a million wanna be musicians. I've heard beginning kids on horns and keyboards play circles around this dope.

Location hidden

#155405 Feb 20, 2013

That is Catfish Muse by R. Carlos Nakai.

Location hidden

#155406 Feb 20, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Wonderful, more endless gimmicks and overdubbing. I even tried to listen to this with an open mind. It is still harmonically void, and the absent's of any really fully developed melodies make listening a real chore. Its like looking at a pinging of a tree, nothing else, no background no detail just a tree. Strip away the electronic gimmickry and you have no substance whatsoever. Remove the mask and bucket and you have one of a million wanna be musicians. I've heard beginning kids on horns and keyboards play circles around this dope.
Yawn

He still has more fans than you. Very loyal ones. With brains.

:-)

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#155407 Feb 20, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to a comedy club on armature night and spread the joy.
Comedy clubs have armature night?

Like what, to defend yourself a violent response to your performance?

Armature night?

Really?

Location hidden

#155408 Feb 20, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Easily impressed wit numbers eh.....Pavarotti, the worlds greatest voice has sold 94 recordings, performed all over the world, including the White House, has been in Movies, and was the most sought after Tenor for all of the worlds greatest opera's. He performed for Kings and Queens, and a list of his concert tours is staggering. He left behind a fortune, 475.5 million. In the U.S. alone he had over 15 millions in assets. Grow the f--k up will ya. The sophisticated world is passing you by. You know nothing of grace and culture. Magnets and strings are your only joy. I can only feel intense pity for you, you poor slob.
Your "sophisticated world" is quite artificial.

No thank you, this is my one life, right? I will listen to what pleases me, not what an artificial creation and minion of that "sophisticated world" says should please me. Just because they said so.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#155409 Feb 20, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "sophisticated world" is quite artificial.
No thank you, this is my one life, right? I will listen to what pleases me, not what an artificial creation and minion of that "sophisticated world" says should please me. Just because they said so.
Row row row you boat..........gently down the stream..........Thats about as complex as you can comprehend.......LOL

Location hidden

#155410 Feb 20, 2013
Blacklagoon, and others on here, would have made great theologians a few hundred years ago. The learned class, teaching the ignorant masses what was good or not. Leading the flock to enlightenment.

Singing those rocking Gregorian chants and other sophisticated music.

Location hidden

#155411 Feb 20, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Row row row you boat..........gently down the stream..........Thats about as complex as you can comprehend.......LOL
Complex is not necessarily the best. Just complex. Makes work for musicians, though. Especially if they play instruments.

Location hidden

#155412 Feb 20, 2013

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#155413 Feb 20, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
If there wasn't a polarity in the DNA, nothing would happen.
Oh, I'm sorry. it is all about polarity, right? Now, is that electrical polarity (separation of charges) or magnetic polarity or something else? Or do you even make a distinction?
Is that polarity caused by gravity, the nuclear forces, or virtual particles? Or EM? Chemistry is pretty much EM exchanges.
You need to learn the distinction between E&M fields and electricity. The latter is the motion of charges. The fields are a very different thing. Light, for example, has no moving charges. Chemistry is a matter of electromagnetic forces working at the quantum level. But almost no electrical current exists in DNA.
IS DNA living?
Being "alive" is a system where energy can be directed counter to environmental forces, moving part or the whole assemblage. You stepping into the shade, or a plant growing matter to bend its leaves toward the sun.
DNA doesn't direct energy, counter to environment or not. That is the job of proteins. So no, DNA is NOT alive, even by your strange definition.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#155414 Feb 20, 2013
Thinking wrote:
That's where I put gideon's bibles.
<quoted text>
You are a free man to do as you will.

I have a question for you about your country. What does the UK do about garbage? I mean you are a small country. What do you guys do with all that trash? How much of a problem is garbage for your country?

Here in the US we have plenty of land and therefore we have landfills.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#155415 Feb 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Comedy clubs have armature night?
Like what, to defend yourself a violent response to your performance?
Armature night?
Really?
Hell I donít care if he participates in the wet tee shirt night at the Blue Lagoon. Some men may like their men small minded and small breasted.

I just want the guy to find out before a audience just how good of a comedian he is. He may end up getting his own show in Vegas. He needs to sell everything and put his talents on the big screen.

Location hidden

#155416 Feb 20, 2013

One last one. Love songs that capture living and passions.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#155417 Feb 20, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Put everything down for the next 10 minutes and just lay back and listen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6EB-Xj3HpZsXX
Not bad.

I like lots of music, and some(overall across a specific genre) I like less than others, but within each genre, I've found something I like just about as good as what I'd call my more favorite types of music. Be it country, rock, metal, black metal, electronic, jazz or whatever.

There's something good in all of it, once you find that one you like.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#155418 Feb 20, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Not bad.
I like lots of music, and some(overall across a specific genre) I like less than others, but within each genre, I've found something I like just about as good as what I'd call my more favorite types of music. Be it country, rock, metal, black metal, electronic, jazz or whatever.
There's something good in all of it, once you find that one you like.
What is black metal music?
bohart

Newport, TN

#155419 Feb 20, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Poor blacklagoon.
He is still under the illusion that we are supposed bow to his declarations of what is art, and what ain't. He could be just one of those damned critics. They go to school and are taught it should be this way, and then go out and tell everyone else what they are supposed to like.
Art is what registers with people, not with the scholars and pros. It's a communication thingy.
Hey ,you can see how those radical two percenters are.
bohart

Newport, TN

#155420 Feb 20, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Philosophers are more like theists than scientists.
You do nothing to remove the stupid from yourself, except pile it on thick and heavy.
Hey don't shoot the messenger because your theory originated with Greek goat herders.Hey Boy, your scientists embraced the goat herder theory.The only stupid is in your mirror.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 4 hr thetruth 14,445
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 5 hr thetruth 25
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 5 hr tha Professor 1,012
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 9 hr Catholic Girl 27
Why the Internet is slowly strangling religion 19 hr Dally Mama 3
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow 19 hr Carchar king 4
Why Christians should stick up for atheists 19 hr Carchar king 6

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE