Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,467)

Showing posts 149,321 - 149,340 of217,373
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bacteria are atheist.
Very good WAG2! You would not be alive if it were not for bacteria!

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
I wouldn't get in a hot tub with a creepy old George Burns look alike anyways even though he is attracted to me and wants to gulp my Johnson. But now that he confessed he uses it as his toilet I don't know anyone who would get in there with him. Would you?
<quoted text>
Well, if a couple of hot babes where in there too and I wasn‘t married. I just might and they were laughing and giggling and having a good time.

Since: Mar 11

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Is it done nose only reject? Because that is what the bible says, nostrils only and Adam was not an infant.

This is typical apologetic nonsense, take something we have or do today and try to make it fit with something in the bible. Very clumsily may I ad.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
CPR to a baby is done through the nose AND mouth, fool.

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Didn't Paul command a slave to return to his Christian master?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Slavery, and oppression of women, and belief in a supernatural is not a "Christian" thing. You like to pin it on us because you hate Christians, but you're wrong.

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Dave is the one using his hot tub for a toilet as he confessed, take it up with him.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you stay out of hot tubs. There will be no crap or turds in the tub. Just say out of the water dude.

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

You won't see that many babes get if in a hot tub with feces floating in it. Unless Dave the George Burns look alike calls them turds Babes.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if a couple of hot babes where in there too and I wasn‘t married. I just might and they were laughing and giggling and having a good time.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
BTW, loony, Buckethead does concerts, issues albums, at least 40 so far, and is on youtube,
All we have of you is hot air played on a keyboard.
Serenade us. Maybe we will drop a dollar in the jar.
:-)
He is a great guitarist , but lacks oomph in his pieces.
That's my only critique of him.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If blowing air into ones nose bringing a lifeless being to life is not Pulmonary Resuscitation, then what is it called?
It's called the supernatural creation of a human being. Just like how Eve was made out of a rib.

Pulmonary resuscitation is a process done to a living person to KEEP them living since one of their functions has ceased working.

Genesis 2 describes a process done to non-living dust/dirt/clay to turn it into a living person.

It doesn't match and you trying to force it to just makes you look silly and desperate.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to get you to think outside the box but to just think.
No, you're trying to BS people and it's been very ineffective.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Buckethead and Yanni should hook up, they would put the sleeping pill business out of business! lmao!

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see where a certain growth got short circuited in your mental development.
What is a copper wire? A bunch of dead molecules, right?
Touch one laying on the table. Deader than a door nail. Stick one in the hot side of an outlet and touch it. Still deader than a door nail, right? Touch it and wet your finger and touch the screw in the middle of that outlet.
Not so dead after all, is it?
It still isn't alive. It is charged and connected to an electric potential, but that is a very different thing from being alive.

There is certainly a short circuit in understanding somewhere, but it isn't with blacklagoon.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you stay out of hot tubs.
Eagle, Eagle, Eagle.

20 pushups.

You know why.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think anyone believes that you are married. Just keep WAGing that BS!

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bacteria are atheist.
You were the one claiming *all* known life comes from some sort of seed. I simply pointed out that you are wrong (again).

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Microwave ovens aren't strong enough to lift a car off the ground. Set to low, bypass the door lockout, stick your head in one, and come back and tell me magnets, as in magnetic force, does not affect chemical processes.
I will wait.
The main force affecting things here is the electric component of the microwaves, not the magnetic component. Try again.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/wa...
High frequency EM.
BTW, the E and the M exist together. Can't really get one without the other.
Yes, you can. But *changing* electric fields produce magnetic fields and *changing* magnetic fields produce electric fields. Thanks Faraday.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bacteria are atheist.
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
You were the one claiming *all* known life comes from some sort of seed. I simply pointed out that you are wrong (again).
I'm thinking bacteria or specifically the communication between bacteria , which in turn formed the ability to acquire memory.
Is the reason of life as we know it. Meaning bacteria could well be the reason of all life.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Smart enough to know good music.
You don't understand DNA and the EM part. It is a filter or transducer for that energy.
No, actually, it isn't.
Much like the processor in your computer. Does the routing and determines the connections.
No, actually, it doesn't. It is closer to the ROM than the CPU. If anything, the ribosomes are closer to being the CPU. The ribosomes are what take the RNA and translate it into proteins. And it is the proteins that determine the 'routing' and 'connections', not the DNA. Plus, the DNA has to be translated into RNA before the RNA gets processed by the ribosomes.
Pretty complicated little processor, but it isn't a central one. Lots and lots of them working in parallel, like in each cell.
In that sense, DNA is alive. If it wasn't, you wouldn't be either.
Wrong yet again. Perhaps you should learn a bit of biochemistry?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Slavery, and oppression of women, and belief in a supernatural is not a "Christian" thing. You like to pin it on us because you hate Christians, but you're wrong.
They are very Biblical. And you say belief in a supernatural is not a Christian thing??? Really??

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
It still isn't alive. It is charged and connected to an electric potential, but that is a very different thing from being alive.
There is certainly a short circuit in understanding somewhere, but it isn't with blacklagoon.
Then you are going to have to give us the official physics and math definition of what "alive" is. Go for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 149,321 - 149,340 of217,373
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••