Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#155334 Feb 20, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The reported instance of Adam's first breath predates the American Heart Association guidlines for CPR.
You go to a lot of trouble to make no point.
WAG4! You don't mind if I call you WAG4 do you?

The myth does predate the American Heart Association guidelines for CPR, that is true!

Jules Verne's, "De la Terre à la Lune", predate the Apollo missions to the moon by 104 years!

What's your point?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#155335 Feb 20, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet, I only worked as a police dispatcher for a short stint.
The job was just a little too crazy for me. One minute your dealing with a car flipped over on a rail road track on fire, people inside and the train coming. The next minute you have two year old asking you how to do CPR on a goldfish.
I have had enough drama in my life. Someone else can do it.
No thanks! No WAG dancing for me!

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#155336 Feb 20, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam wasn't a baby, so who cares? The only fools here are the people who think Genesis describes CPR because magic breath went into the nostrils of a dirt-man and turned it into a living person.
Gen 2:21
So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh.
Look at this amazing example of God injecting Adam with anesthetic chemicals to prepare him for surgery and the detailed description of wound suturing! Such incredible medical knowledge!
If blowing air into ones nose bringing a lifeless being to life is not Pulmonary Resuscitation, then what is it called?

Please don’t tell me you are from that small town in Southern Russia. Dumbshitskyville.

Southern Illinois

#155337 Feb 20, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam wasn't a baby, so who cares? The only fools here are the people who think Genesis describes CPR because magic breath went into the nostrils of a dirt-man and turned it into a living person.
Gen 2:21
So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh.
Look at this amazing example of God injecting Adam with anesthetic chemicals to prepare him for surgery and the detailed description of wound suturing! Such incredible medical knowledge!
I'm not trying to get you to think outside the box but to just think.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#155338 Feb 20, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be interesting if we took a vacuum gauge and screwed it into one of your ears. What would be the vacuum reading?
Aside from all the negative advertising you are doing here for religion. Don’t forget that a large part of the hospital system here in the US and abroad is religious based. The Catholics and Methodist have some of the most advanced hospitals in the world. Saving thousands of lives every years.
Not to mentioned most of the religious hospitals are also research and teaching facilities. I don’t know the exact number of religious hospitals versus secular but I bet it’s over 50%.
No thanks! No WAG dancing for me!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#155339 Feb 20, 2013
Holy crap.

So many of these Topix atheist science experts think gravity, the nuclear forces, and EM come in buckets. They are used to do wondrous things that only man can do. Just pour a little here and a little there, and throw a few numbers in with them.

Totally oblivious to the fact they are made of the same damned stuff. Their wondrous selves are above that.

Oh, their wondrous selves were made from natural causes. What is natural? The existing scheme of things, Which was caused.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#155340 Feb 20, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bacteria are atheist.
Very good WAG2! You would not be alive if it were not for bacteria!

Southern Illinois

#155341 Feb 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I wouldn't get in a hot tub with a creepy old George Burns look alike anyways even though he is attracted to me and wants to gulp my Johnson. But now that he confessed he uses it as his toilet I don't know anyone who would get in there with him. Would you?
<quoted text>
Well, if a couple of hot babes where in there too and I wasn‘t married. I just might and they were laughing and giggling and having a good time.

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#155343 Feb 20, 2013
Is it done nose only reject? Because that is what the bible says, nostrils only and Adam was not an infant.

This is typical apologetic nonsense, take something we have or do today and try to make it fit with something in the bible. Very clumsily may I ad.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
CPR to a baby is done through the nose AND mouth, fool.

Chicago, IL

#155344 Feb 20, 2013
Didn't Paul command a slave to return to his Christian master?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Slavery, and oppression of women, and belief in a supernatural is not a "Christian" thing. You like to pin it on us because you hate Christians, but you're wrong.

Chicago, IL

#155345 Feb 20, 2013
Dave is the one using his hot tub for a toilet as he confessed, take it up with him.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you stay out of hot tubs. There will be no crap or turds in the tub. Just say out of the water dude.

Chicago, IL

#155346 Feb 20, 2013
You won't see that many babes get if in a hot tub with feces floating in it. Unless Dave the George Burns look alike calls them turds Babes.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if a couple of hot babes where in there too and I wasn‘t married. I just might and they were laughing and giggling and having a good time.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#155347 Feb 20, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
BTW, loony, Buckethead does concerts, issues albums, at least 40 so far, and is on youtube,
All we have of you is hot air played on a keyboard.
Serenade us. Maybe we will drop a dollar in the jar.
:-)
He is a great guitarist , but lacks oomph in his pieces.
That's my only critique of him.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#155348 Feb 20, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If blowing air into ones nose bringing a lifeless being to life is not Pulmonary Resuscitation, then what is it called?
It's called the supernatural creation of a human being. Just like how Eve was made out of a rib.

Pulmonary resuscitation is a process done to a living person to KEEP them living since one of their functions has ceased working.

Genesis 2 describes a process done to non-living dust/dirt/clay to turn it into a living person.

It doesn't match and you trying to force it to just makes you look silly and desperate.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#155349 Feb 20, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to get you to think outside the box but to just think.
No, you're trying to BS people and it's been very ineffective.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#155350 Feb 20, 2013
Buckethead and Yanni should hook up, they would put the sleeping pill business out of business! lmao!

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#155351 Feb 20, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see where a certain growth got short circuited in your mental development.
What is a copper wire? A bunch of dead molecules, right?
Touch one laying on the table. Deader than a door nail. Stick one in the hot side of an outlet and touch it. Still deader than a door nail, right? Touch it and wet your finger and touch the screw in the middle of that outlet.
Not so dead after all, is it?
It still isn't alive. It is charged and connected to an electric potential, but that is a very different thing from being alive.

There is certainly a short circuit in understanding somewhere, but it isn't with blacklagoon.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#155352 Feb 20, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you stay out of hot tubs.
Eagle, Eagle, Eagle.

20 pushups.

You know why.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#155353 Feb 20, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think anyone believes that you are married. Just keep WAGing that BS!

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#155354 Feb 20, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bacteria are atheist.
You were the one claiming *all* known life comes from some sort of seed. I simply pointed out that you are wrong (again).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 5 hr thetruth 14,445
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 5 hr thetruth 25
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 6 hr tha Professor 1,012
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 9 hr Catholic Girl 27
Why the Internet is slowly strangling religion 19 hr Dally Mama 3
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow 20 hr Carchar king 4
Why Christians should stick up for atheists 20 hr Carchar king 6

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE