Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
149,281 - 149,300 of 224,087 Comments Last updated 32 min ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:

This part:
"None of the Gospels have known authors; they're anonymous. Assigning them to Matt, Mark, Luke, and John is simply church tradition. Jude is likely pseudepigraphical.
Moses didn't write squat.
The Book of Daniel wasn't even written by Daniel."
The_Box wrote:
Please be more precise about what you have a problem with.
What?

LMAO!

Again, this part:

"None of the Gospels have known authors; they're anonymous. Assigning them to Matt, Mark, Luke, and John is simply church tradition. Jude is likely pseudepigraphical.
Moses didn't write squat.
The Book of Daniel wasn't even written by Daniel."

AKA, your whole friggin post.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You have a great deal of trouble wit both definitions, MUSICAL-------something you know absolutely nothing about, and GENIUS..........when related to music is meaningless since music is a foreign realm for you. Until you understand music on any level designating anyone a GENIUS is pointless.
I vibrate an air column the guitar vibrates a string. One is pure mechanical, no wonder you like it. The other is a HUMAN experience. Flesh against steel, breathing life into the music, feeling the vibrations inside of you, controlling the flow of air, a mush more personal experience that simply plucking a string and then relying on a non-human medium, electricity, to produce the music. Put pukebucket and myself in a room, WITHOUT power, no electricity, see who can make music. No electricity of pukebucket means NO special effects, no reverb, no gimmicks and no music.
Yes I'm sure you could listen to pukeman over and over again. Further proof that the infantile mind is easily occupied.
You have no idea what and how poetry is incorporated in to music, so stop embarrassing yourself.
Stick to your magnets and string, the more you attempt to shops how much you now about music, the more stupid you sound. Once again, your WAY out of your league here. I've forgotten more about music than you in a lifetime will ever know.
Oh, I forgot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Full album

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colma_%28album%2...

A little wiki critique.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Your full of shit, DNA IS NOT ALIVE. Twist you poor bastard, try and save face from you ignorant post. In NO sense is DNA alive unless you want to make another idiot post and say that chemical compounds are living!!!
Smart enough to know good music? You mean like....row row row your boat......like that. LOL
KNOCK KNOCK

Is anybody, or anything, in there?

Your whole damned body is chemicals. You can even ask a Topix atheist.

Electricity makes it "alive". Gravity and the nuclear forces just kind of sit there like knots on a log.

Jeez, you think you are something magical?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
CPR to a baby is done through the nose AND mouth, fool.
Adam wasn't a baby, so who cares? The only fools here are the people who think Genesis describes CPR because magic breath went into the nostrils of a dirt-man and turned it into a living person.

Gen 2:21
So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the manís ribs and then closed up the place with flesh.

Look at this amazing example of God injecting Adam with anesthetic chemicals to prepare him for surgery and the detailed description of wound suturing! Such incredible medical knowledge!

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no pulmonary resuscitation in Genesis. The passage does not resemble CPR. YOU are being dishonest.
<quoted text>
There is no mouth-to-nose resuscitation. There is no mouth mentioned at all and no resuscitation is occurring. The passage involves God turning a non-living formation of dirt into a living being (MAGIC), not reviving a living person by giving them air artificially. And certainly nothing about starting the heart.
<quoted text>
You tried to claim that Genesis mentioned "starting the heart" and "starting...blood flow". You know there is nothing like that in there. You're dishonest.
There is no CPR in the Bible.
Ok, whatever, but Iím not asking you to think outside the box. No need to argue any further. I made my point and you tried to make yours. Isnít this a great country?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that which *you* do not understand MUST be magical....
You just lost your right to call yourself a free thinker.
He uses super god breath to turn a dust figure into an adult human. What part of that ISN'T magic?

The term freethinker doesn't mean you're supposed to be gullible and believe everything.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
But not smart enough to know not to crap in your hot tub. Chimpanzees have a better short term memory than you Dave as you clearly show us daily.
<quoted text>
As long as you stay out of hot tubs. There will be no crap or turds in the tub. Just say out of the water dude.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Again, this part:
"You post is wrong."
"What's wrong about it?"
"The post."
"Yeah, what specifically is wrong with it?"
"The whole post."

Tell me what parts of it are wrong and why.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The reported instance of Adam's first breath predates the American Heart Association guidlines for CPR.
You go to a lot of trouble to make no point.
WAG4! You don't mind if I call you WAG4 do you?

The myth does predate the American Heart Association guidelines for CPR, that is true!

Jules Verne's, "De la Terre ŗ la Lune", predate the Apollo missions to the moon by 104 years!

What's your point?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet, I only worked as a police dispatcher for a short stint.
The job was just a little too crazy for me. One minute your dealing with a car flipped over on a rail road track on fire, people inside and the train coming. The next minute you have two year old asking you how to do CPR on a goldfish.
I have had enough drama in my life. Someone else can do it.
No thanks! No WAG dancing for me!

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam wasn't a baby, so who cares? The only fools here are the people who think Genesis describes CPR because magic breath went into the nostrils of a dirt-man and turned it into a living person.
So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the manís ribs and then closed up the place with flesh.
Look at this amazing example of God injecting Adam with anesthetic chemicals to prepare him for surgery and the detailed description of wound suturing! Such incredible medical knowledge!
If blowing air into ones nose bringing a lifeless being to life is not Pulmonary Resuscitation, then what is it called?

Please donít tell me you are from that small town in Southern Russia. Dumbshitskyville.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to get you to think outside the box but to just think.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be interesting if we took a vacuum gauge and screwed it into one of your ears. What would be the vacuum reading?
Aside from all the negative advertising you are doing here for religion. Donít forget that a large part of the hospital system here in the US and abroad is religious based. The Catholics and Methodist have some of the most advanced hospitals in the world. Saving thousands of lives every years.
Not to mentioned most of the religious hospitals are also research and teaching facilities. I donít know the exact number of religious hospitals versus secular but I bet itís over 50%.
No thanks! No WAG dancing for me!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Holy crap.

So many of these Topix atheist science experts think gravity, the nuclear forces, and EM come in buckets. They are used to do wondrous things that only man can do. Just pour a little here and a little there, and throw a few numbers in with them.

Totally oblivious to the fact they are made of the same damned stuff. Their wondrous selves are above that.

Oh, their wondrous selves were made from natural causes. What is natural? The existing scheme of things, Which was caused.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bacteria are atheist.
Very good WAG2! You would not be alive if it were not for bacteria!

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
I wouldn't get in a hot tub with a creepy old George Burns look alike anyways even though he is attracted to me and wants to gulp my Johnson. But now that he confessed he uses it as his toilet I don't know anyone who would get in there with him. Would you?
<quoted text>
Well, if a couple of hot babes where in there too and I wasnĎt married. I just might and they were laughing and giggling and having a good time.

Since: Mar 11

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Is it done nose only reject? Because that is what the bible says, nostrils only and Adam was not an infant.

This is typical apologetic nonsense, take something we have or do today and try to make it fit with something in the bible. Very clumsily may I ad.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
CPR to a baby is done through the nose AND mouth, fool.

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Didn't Paul command a slave to return to his Christian master?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Slavery, and oppression of women, and belief in a supernatural is not a "Christian" thing. You like to pin it on us because you hate Christians, but you're wrong.

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Dave is the one using his hot tub for a toilet as he confessed, take it up with him.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you stay out of hot tubs. There will be no crap or turds in the tub. Just say out of the water dude.

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

You won't see that many babes get if in a hot tub with feces floating in it. Unless Dave the George Burns look alike calls them turds Babes.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if a couple of hot babes where in there too and I wasnĎt married. I just might and they were laughing and giggling and having a good time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Atheism Discussions

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr DonPanic 21,384
Our world came from nothing? 5 hr Charchar king 192
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 6 hr religionisillness 834
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 6 hr religionisillness 361
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 11 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 11 hr Patrick 3
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... Wed Patrick 1,285
•••
•••