Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#155289 Feb 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Dave confessed he uses his hot tub as a toilet. Go ahead and sit by the George Burns look alike but remember those are not cigars floating by you.
<quoted text>
I was agreeing with you about the turds floating in the water. This is the very reason he never invited you over. He doesnít want a turd (you) in the water, ha, ha, haÖÖ

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#155290 Feb 20, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm back to instruct you on just how WRONG you are here. You make these statements that make you appear that you know what you're talking about, when in fact, you are completely WRONG. DNA is NOT "alive." Here for all to see is your ignorant statement for all to see. "DNA is "alive" as it has energy coursing through it.(so do batteries and light bulbs) This seed can be triggered into growth."..........Wrong all the way around. Here, class is in session, pat attention>>>> >>
DNA is a chemical compound, chemical compounds are NOT alive. DNA is non-living because it is a MOLECULE not an ORGANISM. DNA cannot maintain homeostatis on its own. It also cannot GROW. The process of replication is NOT growth but simply DUPLICATION. More information if you need it and it appears as though you need lots of information before you open your uneducated mouth. Just here to help and save you those totally embarrassing moments. LOL
I can see where a certain growth got short circuited in your mental development.

What is a copper wire? A bunch of dead molecules, right?

Touch one laying on the table. Deader than a door nail. Stick one in the hot side of an outlet and touch it. Still deader than a door nail, right? Touch it and wet your finger and touch the screw in the middle of that outlet.

Not so dead after all, is it?

You might try connecting that wire to both ears before touching the screw. It might kickstart some dead molecules into action.

Location hidden

#155291 Feb 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, now you're saying it's a "code" again? Also no, you don't need an architect, that's what we have learned, natural processes can cause it to happen naturally, no need for anything to "guide" it at all. You are putting the cart before the horse, presuming that it can't occur naturally without even looking to see if it can.
You are stuck in a loop with minimal potential differences to achieve any real work. Like marking memory banks so the code all comes together.

Remember what I posted about EM induction? Get a couple of large speaker magnets a wave them at a moderate speed back and forth across your temples. Say for an hour. That may get things activated.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#155292 Feb 20, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The starting the heart and pulmonary function of Adam was both a physical and spiritual event. God breathed into his nostrils the breath of life starting his breathing and blood flow. Then Adamís body responded and he came to life.
Not a whole lot there to misinterpret or twist and turn.
Who needs to misinterpret or twist when you just make things up?

The passage says nothing about heart or pulmonary function. It doesn't mention blood flow. It doesn't even mention Adam breathing. God creates a body out of dirt, then "breathed into his nostrils the breath of life" and Adam is MAGICALLY alive.
Eagle12 wrote:
Remember this whole conversation was over the accusation that the Bible is all myth. Well itís not and I have given an example where Pulmonary Resuscitation was used to kick start a life. Thousands of years before the practice of CPR was accepted by the medical community.
You're being dishonest. The passage doesn't even remotely resemble CPR.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#155293 Feb 20, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are stuck in a loop with minimal potential differences to achieve any real work. Like marking memory banks so the code all comes together.
Remember what I posted about EM induction? Get a couple of large speaker magnets a wave them at a moderate speed back and forth across your temples. Say for an hour. That may get things activated.
You don't know anything about neurology, that's very clear. Do yourself a favor, before you make yourself look like more of a fool, try learning something about the subject.

Oh, and magnets don't actually effect the brain's chemical processes unless they are strong enough to lift a car off the ground.

Southern Illinois

#155294 Feb 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
"Mouth to nose" would never work for CPR. Also you are making excuses for your abiogenesis myth, it doesn't say CPR and it talks about two unproven things.
Mouth to nose is used on infants and children because their little mouths are too small for mouth to mouth. The rescue breather covers both the nose and the mouth of the patient.

Mouth to nose is used on adults if there is any reason mouth to mouth is not applicable. These are accepted practices in the medical rescue business.

There is even mouth to nose breathing for animals such as dogs.

Southern Illinois

#155295 Feb 20, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Who needs to misinterpret or twist when you just make things up?
The passage says nothing about heart or pulmonary function. It doesn't mention blood flow. It doesn't even mention Adam breathing. God creates a body out of dirt, then "breathed into his nostrils the breath of life" and Adam is MAGICALLY alive.
<quoted text>
You're being dishonest. The passage doesn't even remotely resemble CPR.
There is nothing dishonest about Pulmonary Resuscitation.

"breathed into his nostrils the breath of life.Ē

You call mouth to nose resuscitation magic?

CPR is a three step process known as the ABC. Airway, Breathing and then Circulation. Always in that order. If Pulmonary Resuscitation is all that is needed then circulation has already been established.

Location hidden

#155296 Feb 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know anything about neurology, that's very clear. Do yourself a favor, before you make yourself look like more of a fool, try learning something about the subject.
Oh, and magnets don't actually effect the brain's chemical processes unless they are strong enough to lift a car off the ground.
Microwave ovens aren't strong enough to lift a car off the ground. Set to low, bypass the door lockout, stick your head in one, and come back and tell me magnets, as in magnetic force, does not affect chemical processes.

I will wait.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#155297 Feb 20, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mouth to nose is used on infants and children because their little mouths are too small for mouth to mouth. The rescue breather covers both the nose and the mouth of the patient.
Mouth to nose is used on adults if there is any reason mouth to mouth is not applicable. These are accepted practices in the medical rescue business.
There is even mouth to nose breathing for animals such as dogs.
It's actually mouth to nose and mouth on infants, but the mouth is generally best because you are exhaling only a small amount of oxygen with your breath, so you have to get as much as you can into their lungs so they don't suffocate, otherwise if you cannot get enough into their lungs it is all for naught.

Southern Illinois

#155298 Feb 20, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a young man in the neighborhood, who works for a different law enforcement group every month or so. His parents bought him an old scanner/radio, a nice looking badge, a toy night stick, an officer's hat, and a bright orange vest.
Often he would direct traffic in the neighborhood, threaten to write you up for some violation, but always let you off with a bit of a warning. Yeah, he heads back to the HQ every night, too.
I bet, I only worked as a police dispatcher for a short stint.

The job was just a little too crazy for me. One minute your dealing with a car flipped over on a rail road track on fire, people inside and the train coming. The next minute you have two year old asking you how to do CPR on a goldfish.

I have had enough drama in my life. Someone else can do it.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#155299 Feb 20, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Microwave ovens aren't strong enough to lift a car off the ground. Set to low, bypass the door lockout, stick your head in one, and come back and tell me magnets, as in magnetic force, does not affect chemical processes.
I will wait.
That's not a magnet. Gah, do you even know how a spark-gap radio works? Sheesh, your entire knowledge of science and technology could fit into a 3.5 inch floppy disk.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#155300 Feb 20, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing dishonest about Pulmonary Resuscitation.
There is no pulmonary resuscitation in Genesis. The passage does not resemble CPR. YOU are being dishonest.
Eagle12 wrote:
"breathed into his nostrils the breath of life.Ē
You call mouth to nose resuscitation magic?
There is no mouth-to-nose resuscitation. There is no mouth mentioned at all and no resuscitation is occurring. The passage involves God turning a non-living formation of dirt into a living being (MAGIC), not reviving a living person by giving them air artificially. And certainly nothing about starting the heart.
Eagle12 wrote:
CPR is a three step process known as the ABC. Airway, Breathing and then Circulation. Always in that order. If Pulmonary Resuscitation is all that is needed then circulation has already been established.
You tried to claim that Genesis mentioned "starting the heart" and "starting...blood flow". You know there is nothing like that in there. You're dishonest.

There is no CPR in the Bible.

Southern Illinois

#155301 Feb 20, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Something happened, we are here! Since there is zero evidence for a god, we look were there is at least some evidence.
How many times has some kid died because parent refused medical help, instead they tried to pray the sickness away?
I'll stick with science, it has gotten us to the edge of our solar system. Religion has taken us to believers flying planes into building, blowing each other up and murdering doctors they don't like.
It would be interesting if we took a vacuum gauge and screwed it into one of your ears. What would be the vacuum reading?

Aside from all the negative advertising you are doing here for religion. Donít forget that a large part of the hospital system here in the US and abroad is religious based. The Catholics and Methodist have some of the most advanced hospitals in the world. Saving thousands of lives every years.

Not to mentioned most of the religious hospitals are also research and teaching facilities. I donít know the exact number of religious hospitals versus secular but I bet itís over 50%.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#155302 Feb 20, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see where a certain growth got short circuited in your mental development.
What is a copper wire? A bunch of dead molecules, right?
Touch one laying on the table. Deader than a door nail. Stick one in the hot side of an outlet and touch it. Still deader than a door nail, right? Touch it and wet your finger and touch the screw in the middle of that outlet.
Not so dead after all, is it?
You might try connecting that wire to both ears before touching the screw. It might kickstart some dead molecules into action.
HA HA HAHA, What a cowardly tact. You posted that DNA was "alive" as in LIFE, and now are trying to do the dance of the fools by saying you meant ALIVE as in electricity. What an assclown you are. This goes down as one of the more comical 'DODGES" ever to be seen o TOPIX. I just love the dance of the fools. Have some balls and admit when you're completely wrong.

Still listening to children's music? Your three chord wonder, devoid of any melody, dynamics, or phrasing, pukebucket dude? Take the mask and bucket away from him and you got.....NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#155303 Feb 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not a magnet. Gah, do you even know how a spark-gap radio works? Sheesh, your entire knowledge of science and technology could fit into a 3.5 inch floppy disk.
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/wa...

High frequency EM.

BTW, the E and the M exist together. Can't really get one without the other.

You didn't leave your head in there long enough.

Since your "knowledge" is based upon what you read, whether you understand it or not.

http://pac.iupac.org/publications/pac/pdf/200...

Yes, magnetic fields affect chemical actions.

EM, it is all in how you put the spin on things,

Location hidden

#155304 Feb 20, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>HA HA HAHA, What a cowardly tact. You posted that DNA was "alive" as in LIFE, and now are trying to do the dance of the fools by saying you meant ALIVE as in electricity. What an assclown you are. This goes down as one of the more comical 'DODGES" ever to be seen o TOPIX. I just love the dance of the fools. Have some balls and admit when you're completely wrong.
Still listening to children's music? Your three chord wonder, devoid of any melody, dynamics, or phrasing, pukebucket dude? Take the mask and bucket away from him and you got.....NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!
Nice to see you back, hot air blower.

I will guarantee you if the electricity in your body was drained off, or switched off, your horn blowing days would be over. Oh, an overload or wrong frequency would also do that.

It is hard for a hot air blowing entity to understand the intricacies of the EM force.

If you can not feel any stirring within from that, then you missed the day your body deserted you.

Location hidden

#155305 Feb 20, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>HA HA HAHA, What a cowardly tact. You posted that DNA was "alive" as in LIFE, and now are trying to do the dance of the fools by saying you meant ALIVE as in electricity. What an assclown you are. This goes down as one of the more comical 'DODGES" ever to be seen o TOPIX. I just love the dance of the fools. Have some balls and admit when you're completely wrong.
Oh, one more thing. Why he is a musical genius and you aren't.

As a hot air horn blower, you are a part of the vibratory experience. You are in the loop making your noise. The air being recycled goes through you. Breath, lips flapping, and valve pushing that you can feel. So, of course, it will sound great to you. Self expression. Others, maybe not so. Your reach is limited to those of the same basic resonance.

That electric guitar is something different. The control of it is totally different. He isn't in the middle of the process, he is creating it. His feedback is from his ears more than feeling. His genius is from reaching out to something more than just vibrating. He incorporates a lot of different sounds and speeds, and melds them together into one song. Why it has more universal appeal. His is the type you play over and over.

Like I said, you ain't got no poetry in you. Just blowing your horn a way that makes you feel good.

Typical Topix atheist.
:-)

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#155306 Feb 20, 2013
Natural processes.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is a derivative of that first lucky 3.2 billion 4 sided dice throw. Without that dice toss, there would be no evolution.
But that begs the question.
What tossed the dice?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#155307 Feb 20, 2013
CPR is reviving a living being. There is no mouth to nose.

The Adam story is a myth not reported fact. You do know this I hope.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The reported instance of Adam's first breath predates the American Heart Association guidlines for CPR.
You go to a lot of trouble to make no point.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#155308 Feb 20, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice to see you back, hot air blower.
I will guarantee you if the electricity in your body was drained off, or switched off, your horn blowing days would be over. Oh, an overload or wrong frequency would also do that.
It is hard for a hot air blowing entity to understand the intricacies of the EM force.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =QJrjXsNlxNQXX
If you can not feel any stirring within from that, then you missed the day your body deserted you.
Dodge and weave all you want, you're completely WRONG about DNA being "ALIVE" DNA is NOT ALIVE. have some balls and apologize for posting INCORRECT information. Your just not all that smart are you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heaven 1 hr susanblange 2
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr susanblange 697
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 2 hr Patrick 5,585
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 2 hr Patrick 7
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 2 hr Patrick 152
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 10 hr Patrick 140
Is Religion Childish? 14 hr Patrick 3

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE