Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,459)

Showing posts 149,161 - 149,180 of217,344
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
Did you know the first example of mouth to mouth resuscitation occurred in the bible?
Sure, it was right after the first example of masterbation occurring in the bible.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Did that accidentally go on your post instead of geriatric Dave's?

Sorry about that.
Darth Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I look like George Burns?
Funny, people always said I looked like Kramer from Seinfeld.
*shrug*

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Darth Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I look like George Burns?
Funny, people always said I looked like Kramer from Seinfeld.
*shrug*
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Darth Bob wrote:
As an atheist (or more correctly, a nullafidian), I would say I have no hope. Rather I attempt to base my views and expectations upon probability.
I could hope for an afterlife in a never-never land.
I could hope Zoe Deschanel would show up naked on my doorstep tonight.
I could also hope to win $20 million in the lottery.
And of course, for all of the above hopes, there is very little evidence to support such hopes. Hence, why I don't engage in them.
It's Zooey Deschanel and if you cannot even spell her name right, she says she is staying with me!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
As a matter of fact I have touched the moon.
For years NASA at the Johnson Space Center had a moon rock on display. Visitors were allowed to touch it. So to answer your question, I have touched the Moon along with thousands of others.
Since I lived in Houston for many years. We made several trips to NASA. In those early days before Disney came in there. It was free of charge.
Nope, you touches a moon rock and danced around the issue! Good boy! Good little WAG1!

What do you get out of this forum if you constantly dance around the tough issues?

Yeah, I know! That's just what trolls do, but what do you get out of it?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Orrie, Orrie, Orrie.
I don't know what to say about you.
You can't kill zombies. They are already dead. That is why they are zombies.
You can only disable or destroy their bodies.
I had a hunch you got your reality from Hollywood and the mass media.
Who told you this? I got my imfo from the star of the show.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Darth Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking as a person who actually works on an ambulance, CPR itself really doesn't do much. The key is early defibrillation, and even then survival outside a hospital is something like 7%.
If you're referring to 1 Kings 17, it doesn't really say he did CPR< he just laid on top of the boy.
Thank you for your response. I was referring to when God breathed the breath of life into Adam. That was long before CPR was recognized as a life saving method.

I do realize it has a low success rate, however it has saved some lives. Myself, I was a emergency responder for 32 years. Fire Fighting, Haz Mat, and Incident Commander and a short stint as a Police dispatcher.

Your profession is the most noble. I admire medics and always have with the deepest respect.[Tipping Hat]

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you touches a moon rock and danced around the issue! Good boy! Good little WAG1!
What do you get out of this forum if you constantly dance around the tough issues?
Yeah, I know! That's just what trolls do, but what do you get out of it?
I touched a piece of the moon. I tried to get some of that moon rock under my fingernail but NASA was ahead of the curve. That rock was as hard as diamond, lol.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's called bat poop.
Believe me I thought about that when I was in a cave at Devils Den State Park in Arkansas.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I use them for sparring partners.
Well goooooood. You are getting some use out them.

I would hate to think the poor guys were born for nothing.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your response. I was referring to when God breathed the breath of life into Adam. That was long before CPR was recognized as a life saving method.
I do realize it has a low success rate, however it has saved some lives. Myself, I was a emergency responder for 32 years. Fire Fighting, Haz Mat, and Incident Commander and a short stint as a Police dispatcher.
Your profession is the most noble. I admire medics and always have with the deepest respect.[Tipping Hat]
Eagle, time to say your prayers and go to sleep.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Are you humiliating yourself on the passage in 2 kings where your prophet molests a child? That is not how CPR is done, not even close.
The bible is a collection of myths.
<quoted text>
Actually I wasn’t even considering the 2 Kings passage but the one in Genesis.

Genesis 2:7
King James Version (KJV)

7. And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.google.com/hostedne ws/ap/article/ALeqM5iVzGmNIR-E bMmCA-eh8HohxOvmPw?docId=9402d 6ea61024a958115b48c4d03b1fe
Colorado pot.
My hot tub room is like a greenhouse. In a backyard with a privacy fence all around. Toilet, shower, sink, microwave. Heated. Nice big deck 2 or 3 could sleep on. Could even put a swing up in there. Room for a few plants. Could be a little marijuana jungle with pool and playground.
Gee, if I was only younger.
Sigh....
[Two thumbs up]

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you even think this makes sense?
<quoted text>
ACLS certified for twenty three years. I've performed open heart massage. Is there something I can help you with?
<quoted text>
How many twists and turns of interpretation does one have to make to get that passage to fit into what you want it to? Perhaps you could post it so we could see what it actually says?
Well I certainly never did open heart massage but have done CPR many times and once to a baby. Your partner in crime claims the bible is all myth. Well thousands of years before CPR which includes mouth to mouth and mouth to nose resuscitation.

We find an example of a life being started by mouth to nose resuscitation which is a recognized method in the medical rescue community.

King James Version (KJV)

7. "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confused. Do you want to learn and get less confused or do you want to wallow in, "goddidit, so there is no reason to look further."?
No one is saying that you have to believe in it; that would be the religious way. You should study the idea. Do a little digging on your own.
Word of caution: Stay way from religious sites made by people who have doctorates in divinity or philosophy, or slightly better, only a high school education!
You would have to believe in abiogenesis, theres no evidence, only lies massive extrapolations.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
How about that theist motto?
"Be a Theist! You can worship anything you want, dragons, lizard mosquitoes on snow fire, it can be anything you imagine, after all, it's not like anyone can prove it doesn't exist.."
Well, hell that list could even include nice jet boats, and expensive cars, yachts, antiques, money, gold, silver, diamonds or even one’s self.

Thank you for bringing that up.:)

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Gross Dave! Who would want to get in a hot tub with turds floating in it?!! Can't you just picture Dave a George Burbs look alike in a hot tub with turds floating in it and him saying... Come on in ladies the water is great! Come on in and let's talk magnets!
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahaha!
Pffffffttttttttthahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha!
"Dave! Who would want to get in a hot tub with turds floating in it?!!"

Now you know why he never has asked you to join him.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I certainly never did open heart massage but have done CPR many times and once to a baby. Your partner in crime claims the bible is all myth. Well thousands of years before CPR which includes mouth to mouth and mouth to nose resuscitation.
We find an example of a life being started by mouth to nose resuscitation which is a recognized method in the medical rescue community.
King James Version (KJV)
7. "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."
Hahaha.

Good one.

The surprise ending was great.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Well my fan club is asking me to say goodnight.

I think that's not a bad idea. See you guys.

Returning to base.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[Two thumbs up]
Does Dave still have two thumbs? If not, that could be rude.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 149,161 - 149,180 of217,344
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••