Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,450)

Showing posts 148,981 - 149,000 of217,039
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
perhaps you can take up his flag and explain how light activated the first atoms to cause life?
How many ways can I say, "We {including you} don't know."?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Abiogenesis is just a technical term for spontaneous generation.
Evolution, or The Theory Of, is hinged on spontaneous generation.
Without it, Darwin's version of evolution has nothing.
Wrong. The evidence that species change over geological time (i.e, evolution) is not dependent on abiogenesis. Even *if* life were started by the intervention of a deity, the evidence for evolution is still solid and shows that species do, in fact, change over time. It also shows the relatedness of all life on earth.
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I see nothing since 1864. Now you look up Abiogenesis. Science is self-correcting.
Oh I've seen the abiogenesis theory, its never even come close to being proved.....while biogenesis has never been proven wrong!
Funny? how is a guy like you on the wrong side of observable science here, and the creationist has the scientific evidence behind me?

Obviously you are just a liar for the evos.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to have a checkmate, you must have a winning hand.
Hahaha, RR.

Think about what you wrote.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
perhaps you can take up his flag and explain how light activated the first atoms to cause life?
Light activates chemical compounds by increasing the energy of the electrons in those compounds. This increases their reactivity. Once again, we don't know the specifics, but we do know a lot more than you seem to think. Are you really unaware that sunlight is what 'activates' life *today*?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know whats worse ,an intelligent guy like you telling all those lies ,or just the total amount of denial in that post.
The activation of life if you will comes from the light from the sun driving photosynthesis?
Atoms and the way they interact with light are enough activation!
Neo wake up! this is Morpheous, you are in the matrix ! come out of the rabbit hole back to reality.
Perhaps you can send that theory into the Scientific American, I'm sure thay have a comic strip in the back.
It is already very well known. Perhaps you would know it also if you knew a bit of science.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I've seen the abiogenesis theory, its never even come close to being proved.....while biogenesis has never been proven wrong!
Funny? how is a guy like you on the wrong side of observable science here, and the creationist has the scientific evidence behind me?
Obviously you are just a liar for the evos.
What science do you have supporting your views? Please don't say "creationist science"!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is already very well known. Perhaps you would know it also if you knew a bit of science.
Dude, he does! He knows "creationist science"!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Light activates chemical compounds by increasing the energy of the electrons in those compounds. This increases their reactivity. Once again, we don't know the specifics, but we do know a lot more than you seem to think. Are you really unaware that sunlight is what 'activates' life *today*?
Light maintains and adds to a life energy flow that was already started. Why they have seeds for beginnings of all life.

Those flows have to be directed in particular channels to become "life". Not only for the emergence of that life, but also for its replicating itself. Pretty fancy footwork for just chemicals that have been laying around.

If it did it then, it would do it now. It hasn't, even with help from us.
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
What science do you have supporting your views? Please don't say "creationist science"!
If biogenesis has been proven wrong just once all eat the keyboard. Again why does observable testable repeatable science not support abiogenesis?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Light maintains and adds to a life energy flow that was already started. Why they have seeds for beginnings of all life.
Those flows have to be directed in particular channels to become "life". Not only for the emergence of that life, but also for its replicating itself. Pretty fancy footwork for just chemicals that have been laying around.
If it did it then, it would do it now. It hasn't, even with help from us.
I find it interesting that anyone would stop trying to learn. Goddidit, so I don't need to look any further.

I wonder how long believers have been that way. Lucky for us, some very smart people were either non-believers or not satisfied with goddidit.

Why not just sit back and let the science community play? They have discovered many things that the gods did not tell us about.

We have billions upon billions of planets that have not been explored. Let science try to reach them and see what is going on there.

If there is no life, believers will jump up and down screaming we told you!

If there is life, believers will jump up and down screaming, well god never said that this was the only planet that he put life!

If ET visits us, he will be far superior to us, will you far to his feet and call him god?

bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are like a drowning man who will clutch and grab at anything to keep from going under. Biogenesis has never been proven wrong and abiogenesis has never been proven right.

You are on the wrong side of the scientific river boy.
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it interesting that anyone would stop trying to learn. Goddidit, so I don't need to look any further.
I wonder how long believers have been that way. Lucky for us, some very smart people were either non-believers or not satisfied with goddidit.
Why not just sit back and let the science community play? They have discovered many things that the gods did not tell us about.
We have billions upon billions of planets that have not been explored. Let science try to reach them and see what is going on there.
If there is no life, believers will jump up and down screaming we told you!
If there is life, believers will jump up and down screaming, well god never said that this was the only planet that he put life!
If ET visits us, he will be far superior to us, will you far to his feet and call him god?
Was that intended as a rebuttal of how life began arguement? If so you left all the substance out

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
If biogenesis has been proven wrong just once all eat the keyboard. Again why does observable testable repeatable science not support abiogenesis?
God of the gaps.

There is support for the hypotheses.

People used to believe that maggots spontaneously came into being from rotting meat or some other such nonliving substance. Louis Pasteur proved that was wrong.

But Abiogenesis would have happened, if it happened, in an entirely different environment than what we have now. You will agree that we know a lot more about the early Earth then they did back in the 1700's, right?

So, what you are doing, not very cleverly, is using the 1700's science to prove that we don't have a clue today. Jump up to the 21st Century! Look at what is going on in science today.

Get out of the gaps and look at what science has done sans god.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that intended as a rebuttal of how life began arguement? If so you left all the substance out
Wow! You are a thickie! How can I give you a rebuttal to something that we both know that we don't know the answer to?

Unless you have absolute proof that goddidit or found absolute proof that Abiogenesis did not happen, we are at a bit of a standstill.

If you ask me to explain how life began from nothing again, I will be absolutely sure that you are restarted and cannot understand simple sentences. I will just smile and agree with you.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

It appears SETI found something. Transcript of communications between somewhere in California and a spot between Saturn and Uranus.

Beginning of intercepted transmission.

"...has been dispatched to unit 708 dfgt, arrival due within 18 rotations

Supply unit 988-06 out

E unit 3314, this is base unit 3776

E unit here, sir.

How is the mission progressing?

For the complexity of this world, pretty well, sir.

Good to hear. We do have some questions regarding some of your data collecting.

Yes, sir.

Just what are these Topix atheists? We have been trying to find a pattern to their thought processes, but are drawing a zero. Have you managed to secure one for lab tests?

No, sir. Our efforts in that has met with problems.

Such as?

Well, sir, as you note there are issues of coherency, but we have found that the originating source of those emissions are of a very low power level, making it impossible to date to locate and secure one for further study. After beaming up three of their human corpses from remote areas, five what they call rutabaga plants, and one electronic wrist watch with severe corrosion issues, we have refrained from further search for one of them.

You have not located where they keep them secured?

They do not secure them, sir.

Huh?

They are allowed to run free, sir.

Run free? Seriously!?

Yes, sir. In addition, they are also allowed to breed with the local population.

Sir?

Are you there, sir?

Yes, I am here. I think.

You did say they are allowed to breed?

Yes, sir.

End your mission immediately E Unit 3314, and report to Decon unit 833 before returning to here.

Decon unit 833, sir. That's a long process. Can't we just use bleach?

No.

Base out.

End of transmission.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
IOW - put up or shut up.
You're not a chess player, are you?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
IOW - put up or shut up.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not a chess player, are you?
Don'cha, I say, don'cha wanna look at your cards first, son? Boy's as sharp as a bowling ball.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
It appears SETI found something. Transcript of communications between somewhere in California and a spot between Saturn and Uranus.
Beginning of intercepted transmission.
"...has been dispatched to unit 708 dfgt, arrival due within 18 rotations
Supply unit 988-06 out
E unit 3314, this is base unit 3776
E unit here, sir.
How is the mission progressing?
For the complexity of this world, pretty well, sir.
Good to hear. We do have some questions regarding some of your data collecting.
Yes, sir.
Just what are these Topix atheists? We have been trying to find a pattern to their thought processes, but are drawing a zero. Have you managed to secure one for lab tests?
No, sir. Our efforts in that has met with problems.
Such as?
Well, sir, as you note there are issues of coherency, but we have found that the originating source of those emissions are of a very low power level, making it impossible to date to locate and secure one for further study. After beaming up three of their human corpses from remote areas, five what they call rutabaga plants, and one electronic wrist watch with severe corrosion issues, we have refrained from further search for one of them.
You have not located where they keep them secured?
They do not secure them, sir.
Huh?
They are allowed to run free, sir.
Run free? Seriously!?
Yes, sir. In addition, they are also allowed to breed with the local population.
Sir?
Are you there, sir?
Yes, I am here. I think.
You did say they are allowed to breed?
Yes, sir.
End your mission immediately E Unit 3314, and report to Decon unit 833 before returning to here.
Decon unit 833, sir. That's a long process. Can't we just use bleach?
No.
Base out.
End of transmission.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
IOW - put up or shut up.
I'll raise you five and check

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 148,981 - 149,000 of217,039
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••