Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
148,981 - 149,000 of 226,550 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#155022 Feb 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Goodnight people and Topix atheists.
:-)
Good night Gram-paw.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#155023 Feb 18, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget to soak your teeth and take your Maalox.
I think Dave is on a Maalox IV drip.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#155024 Feb 18, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Dave is on a Maalox IV drip.
Maalox 4 drip?

I saw Malcolm X but I missed Malcolm I - IX.

Was Denzel in all of them?
bohart

Newport, TN

#155025 Feb 18, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
God of the gaps.
There is support for the hypotheses.
People used to believe that maggots spontaneously came into being from rotting meat or some other such nonliving substance. Louis Pasteur proved that was wrong.
But Abiogenesis would have happened, if it happened, in an entirely different environment than what we have now. You will agree that we know a lot more about the early Earth then they did back in the 1700's, right?
So, what you are doing, not very cleverly, is using the 1700's science to prove that we don't have a clue today. Jump up to the 21st Century! Look at what is going on in science today.
Get out of the gaps and look at what science has done sans god.
And the idiot hits keep on rolling! The enviroment would have to had been able to support life, wylie coyote, like today. And it is you SUPER GENIUSES who are stuck in the 1700's thinking spontaneous generation is a plausible idea.
bohart

Newport, TN

#155026 Feb 18, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
What science do you have supporting your views? Please don't say "creationist science"!
Hey boy! I say again , why does science not support abiogenesis with any evidence?

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#155027 Feb 18, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
And the idiot hits keep on rolling! The enviroment would have to had been able to support life, wylie coyote, like today. And it is you SUPER GENIUSES who are stuck in the 1700's thinking spontaneous generation is a plausible idea.
Who says the enviroment couldn't have supported life?

Location hidden

#155028 Feb 18, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey boy! I say again , why does science not support abiogenesis with any evidence?
Science does not support flies being created from nothing in corpses.
Which is the definition you are using from the 18th century when they thought it was so through spontaneous generation.
This has been explained to you, but you insist on saying it.
It only makes you look like a foolish troll.

Science supports the new meaning of the term, which is a chemical evolutionary origin of life.
Despite your denial and refusal to recognize it.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/abioprob/abio...

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#155029 Feb 18, 2013
Dave a chimpanzee has a better short term memory than you.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
A map of your brain would be like driving across Montana. Lots of space between points of interest. Good place for wind farms or billboards.

Lexington, KY

#155030 Feb 18, 2013
So Jesus must have done it yes?
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
So how did it form, if the physical laws were not there to form it with?
Your beliefs make no sense.

Lexington, KY

#155031 Feb 18, 2013
The KJV was heavily altered to match the teachings of the Church of England.

Wow you are bad at this.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In reference to the number of interpretations to the bible. It is a free market and groups have tried the maximize the number of sells. If they make a new version then perhaps people will by it and bring profits up. Kind of like a new model change every other year for the Chevrolet.
In 2006, there were approximately 45,000 different types of wine being produced in the world. Recently that number was increased to 75,000. But all these wines have something in common, fermentation and alcohol.
The King James Version is probably the least altered version in history. The Amplified is a good version that makes it more simple to understand. We have little control over the free market of the number one seller of all times.
http://mykitchenpot.com/wine-tip-10-how-many-...

Lexington, KY

#155032 Feb 18, 2013
He must play a much different version of chess than we do!
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha, RR.
Think about what you wrote.

Lexington, KY

#155033 Feb 18, 2013
Because as you said, you can't have a checkmate unless you have a great hand.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Maalox 4 drip?
I saw Malcolm X but I missed Malcolm I - IX.
Was Denzel in all of them?

Location hidden

#155034 Feb 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
He must play a much different version of chess than we do!
<quoted text>
Yeah, you know he plays pigeon chess.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#155035 Feb 18, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Because as you said, you can't have a checkmate unless you have a great hand.
<quoted text>
Put that hand on me again....

Lexington, KY

#155036 Feb 19, 2013
I'll see your bishop and raise you a ace! Behold! 3 bishops! Read them and weep!

Lol
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Put that hand on me again....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zb_9icqB1SAXX

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#155037 Feb 19, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
So Jesus must have done it yes?
<quoted text>
Another one who thinks his utter inability to understand science is somehow evidence of his deity.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#155038 Feb 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Another one who thinks his utter inability to understand science is somehow evidence of his deity.
God created the Taliban so they could rape and kill little girls. God created paedophiles and...

Oops, sorry. God created Free Will or something.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#155039 Feb 19, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I'll see your bishop and raise you a ace! Behold! 3 bishops! Read them and weep!
Lol
<quoted text>
Redneck doesn't like chess because the Queen is the most powerful piece on the board and the King can only move one space at a time unless he's Castled. That can only happen if the Queen moves out and takes her Knights and Bishops with her.
Imhotep

United States

#155040 Feb 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
It appears SETI found something. Transcript of communications between somewhere in California and a spot between Saturn and Uranus.
Beginning of intercepted transmission.
"...has been dispatched to unit 708 dfgt, arrival due within 18 rotations
Supply unit 988-06 out
E unit 3314, this is base unit 3776
E unit here, sir.
How is the mission progressing?
For the complexity of this world, pretty well, sir.
Good to hear. We do have some questions regarding some of your data collecting.
Yes, sir.
Just what are these Topix atheists? We have been trying to find a pattern to their thought processes, but are drawing a zero. Have you managed to secure one for lab tests?
No, sir. Our efforts in that has met with problems.
Such as?
Well, sir, as you note there are issues of coherency, but we have found that the originating source of those emissions are of a very low power level, making it impossible to date to locate and secure one for further study. After beaming up three of their human corpses from remote areas, five what they call rutabaga plants, and one electronic wrist watch with severe corrosion issues, we have refrained from further search for one of them.
You have not located where they keep them secured?
They do not secure them, sir.
Huh?
They are allowed to run free, sir.
Run free? Seriously!?
Yes, sir. In addition, they are also allowed to breed with the local population.
Sir?
Are you there, sir?
Yes, I am here. I think.
You did say they are allowed to breed?
Yes, sir.
End your mission immediately E Unit 3314, and report to Decon unit 833 before returning to here.
Decon unit 833, sir. That's a long process. Can't we just use bleach?
No.
Base out.
End of transmission.
Topix Theist News
(Nelson's Meteor)

“The media has been in something of a frenzy recently on this whole topic of meteors,” said Dave Nelson.“I think it’s irresponsible of them to frighten the public about something that, at the end of the day, may be about as real as unicorns.”

Nelson said that he had seen recent reports of the “so-called Russian meteor” of last week, but added,“Maybe it’s the scientific skeptic in me, but this ‘meteor’ may just have been a bunch of fireworks that some Siberian fellow set off after drinking a little too much Stoli. It is winter, after all, and that’s how those folks keep warm.”

Nelson said that he and other meteor doubters are worried that scientists had “a vested interest” in convincing people that meteors are real:“They want the government to spend more money on science, and, let me tell you, that is the last thing the Science Committee is going to do.”

As for the scientific theory that meteors may have killed the dinosaurs, Nelson chuckled,“That theory would also have us believe that there were dinosaurs.”

Sincere apologies to Andy
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

#155041 Feb 19, 2013
Plus any pawn can turn into a Queen.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Redneck doesn't like chess because the Queen is the most powerful piece on the board and the King can only move one space at a time unless he's Castled. That can only happen if the Queen moves out and takes her Knights and Bishops with her.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 14 min Thinking 21,529
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr Thinking 5,921
The Ultimate Evidence of God 5 hr James 68
The myth of the angry atheist 17 hr _Bad Company 3
Our world came from nothing? 21 hr Patrick 436
It seems there are more Atheists in the Christi... (Jun '13) 21 hr Patrick 13
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom Sat religionislies 58
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••