Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
CunningLinguist

Kissimmee, FL

#154861 Feb 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Ocala used to be a neat little town. Then the idiots started moving to it.
So, how long have you lived there?
Ocala may still be... only my DSL knows for sure.

Idiots are everywhere, you can hear them on weekends yelling and singing to their imaginary friends, in 'special holy buildings' sometime even dressed in silly clothes!

Fridays for Islam - need prayer rug
Saturdays for Judaism - need skull cap
Sundays for Christians - need to knee

Serious waste of a good robust weekend in my opinion!

Religion makes people stupid as evidenced by you post.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#154862 Feb 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
WTF.
<quoted text>
I was thinking Dave shouldn't have moved so far out in the boonies, being so absent minded in his aged condition. He should also keep that gallon of gas and his cell phone handy, just in case anymore.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#154863 Feb 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://pages.towson.edu/ladon/carbon.html
Geometry, motion, motion displacing "space", motion creating polarity, channeling of motion.
Blah, blah, blah...

Yawn.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#154864 Feb 18, 2013
Topix atheists are a peculiar model of cosmological mechanics.

It's like a heads up display appears in front of them.

SUBJECT NOT RANTING AGAINST CREATOR ACCORDING TO PROGRAM!!

WARNING!!! WARNING!!

CHRISTIAN FUNDIE!!!

KILL!! KILL!!

Location hidden

#154865 Feb 18, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Which part are you calling an opinion?
We do not know the mechanism.
NONE of the atoms in your body is alive.
None of the basic components from which you are made is alive.
An oxygen atom or a hydrogen atom are 'dead, lifeless, sterile material'.
The same can be said for every other chemical element, but you are completely made from such elements.
In other words, YOU, a living thing, are made from dead, lifeless, sterile materials.
You really should think about this point.
Everything alive is made from atoms and those are all, according to your language, dead, lifeless sterial materials.
The point is that chemical elements are NOT sterile in the sense that they interact with other chemical elements in complex and interesting ways.
And it is in the variety of those interactions that we get life.
There is no 'life substance' that is added to 'dead lifeless atoms' to obtain life.
Which statement are you having trouble with?
It takes a motive force for those atoms to motivate.

How did those lifeless atoms motivate you to type that?

Drop some organic matter into acid and you get interaction resulting in an energy flow. For this energy flow to result in coherent actions in a proactive way, as you think you are doing involves quite a bit of interacting. Do you really believe your actions are the result of lifeless atoms bumping against each other? How can you be certain of it? Of yourself? We are talking about you, not everyone else.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

#154866 Feb 18, 2013
Straw man. Over use of capitalisation is more often a believer sort of thing.
Dave Nelson wrote:
WARNING!!! WARNING!!
CHRISTIAN FUNDIE!!!
KILL!! KILL!!

Location hidden

#154867 Feb 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking Dave shouldn't have moved so far out in the boonies, being so absent minded in his aged condition. He should also keep that gallon of gas and his cell phone handy, just in case anymore.
Your thinking is the result of random transfers of incoherent energy. Your chemical actions and such?

Why should your thinking be taken seriously?

I don't believe in the absolute infallibility of numbers. I don't run out of gas. Not after a couple of times a very long time ago.
CunningLinguist

Kissimmee, FL

#154868 Feb 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
WARNING!!! WARNING!!
CHRISTIAN FUNDIE!!!
KILL!! KILL!!
David Nelson says ďI believe in God but I do not try and assume I know what it is.Ē

Iím hearing Bronze Age thinking here. Thatís like saying that although you donít know what a Zqkthplm is, you damn well believe in it!

Such inane replies spring from the harsh, incessant social pressure to conform and Believe in God. It doesnít matter which god, which in itself seems silly, but there it is.

American society will accept almost any religious beliefs.
Must we continually list the atrocities caused by Christianity and its intrinsic intolerance?

The Crusades, the Inquisitions, burning witches, killing Jews. Letís not forget the Thirty Years War and the killings in Northern Ireland. Or the Christians giving Native Americans two choices: convert or die. The current madness in Iraq is a direct result of Christian arrogance, and Bushís own words about his messianic mission attest to that fact.

Location hidden

#154869 Feb 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Straw man. Over use of capitalisation is more often a believer sort of thing.
<quoted text>
Care to cite your sources? Topix atheists always demand that. Since they can't think for themselves.

Now, please. Validate thyself.

Location hidden

#154870 Feb 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your thinking is the result of random transfers of incoherent energy. Your chemical actions and such?
Why should your thinking be taken seriously?
I don't believe in the absolute infallibility of numbers. I don't run out of gas. Not after a couple of times a very long time ago.
Well why are you babbling about stuff that is of little concern?
Is it because your thinking is the result of random transfers of incoherent energy? Oh....I thought so.

Your car may not have, but your posts here on topix sure have.
So why should your thinking be taken seriously?

Location hidden

#154871 Feb 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Drop some organic matter into acid and you get interaction resulting in an energy flow. For this energy flow to result in coherent actions in a proactive way, as you think you are doing involves quite a bit of interacting. Do you really believe your actions are the result of lifeless atoms bumping against each other? How can you be certain of it? Of yourself? We are talking about you, not everyone else.

It could be life was ordinary matter that got bored.
So....the motive force was boredom. lol

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#154872 Feb 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of, "We do not know the mechanism.", did you not understand? That was polymath257's first sentence! We don't yet know how. Your only guess is, one of the thousands of gods man invented, did it. You have no supporting evidence, no build up to that conclusion, just blind faith. Whereas, in science, we have several steps in the process, which can be tested.

You say that everything requires a creator, but then that falls to pieces when we ask how your creator was created. You have no steps, just a leap of faith.

As for me, I would much rather let scientific study run its course, than have blind faith in a deity.

Location hidden

#154873 Feb 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It could be life was ordinary matter that got bored.
So....the motive force was boredom. lol
You have no idea how close to the truth you may be there.

God works in mysterious ways.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#154874 Feb 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to cite your sources? Topix atheists always demand that. Since they can't think for themselves.
Check this forum out.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...

You will see that the christians are mainly the ones using mostly caps.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#154875 Feb 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea how close to the truth you may be there.
God works in mysterious ways.
Care to cite your sources? Topix fundies always demand that. Since they can't think for themselves.

Location hidden

#154876 Feb 18, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of, "We do not know the mechanism.", did you not understand? That was polymath257's first sentence! We don't yet know how. Your only guess is, one of the thousands of gods man invented, did it. You have no supporting evidence, no build up to that conclusion, just blind faith. Whereas, in science, we have several steps in the process, which can be tested.
You say that everything requires a creator, but then that falls to pieces when we ask how your creator was created. You have no steps, just a leap of faith.
As for me, I would much rather let scientific study run its course, than have blind faith in a deity.
You are making a pretty large leap there yourself.

Your basic belief in such is that we are the result of random actions. Remember, no intelligent design behind all of this in your view.

Thus, all is the result of random combinations, including your belief. You are under an illusion at best of being "right" in your determinations of what is and what ain't. You blow a bubble around yourself you can't see past.

Keep an open mind. You will see more things to base your determining abilities on.

Location hidden

#154877 Feb 18, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Check this forum out.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...
You will see that the christians are mainly the ones using mostly caps.
So?

You can read all of these forums and see that the Topix atheists make the overwhelming majority of irrational rants and associations.

Must be a "truth" in there.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#154878 Feb 18, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
American society will accept almost any religious beliefs.
80% of Americans would disagree with you...

Location hidden

#154879 Feb 18, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to cite your sources? Topix fundies always demand that. Since they can't think for themselves.
I am flattered by your imitation.

And do so very much appreciate demonstration of your inability to think for yourself or be original. It certainly helps reinforce my observation.
Siro

Brisbane, Australia

#154880 Feb 18, 2013
So the atheists say that life came about because atoms somehow got together at random to form self repeating patterns uniformly at a random basis?

Whatever God haters.....

You know everything?
OK, explain this....The division of the sexes

Awaiting your diatribe,
Love Siro

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 6 min 4 Leaf Clover 2,271
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 39 min _Bad Company 120
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 45 min _Bad Company 23,179
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 4 hr Thinking 28
God' existence 4 hr Thinking 57
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 hr thetruth 1,442
Atheism does not exist at all 5 hr thetruth 4
More from around the web