Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
148,801 - 148,820 of 224,197 Comments Last updated 55 min ago
CunningLinguist

Tavares, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
please change your name asap. it looks like cunnilingus. thanks.
Pick one for me,,, thanx

Connie Lingus
Dixie Rect
Mona Lott
Phil Accio

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Building blocks of life may indeed form in a lab environment with some outside technical interference.
Self creating life from non life forms has not happened, ever.
Remember as a kid those ABC building blocks?
Take all 26 letters and putting them in a large bag and shake them up. Then toss them out onto the floor.
What are the chances these letters will self assemble into complex words lined up from one end to the other in a orderly fashion?
Those blocks are inert. The molecules of life are not. HUGE difference.
CunningLinguist

Tavares, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
please change your name asap. it looks like cunnilingus. thanks.
What do you suggest?

Phil Accio, Connie Lingus or Dixie Rect
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

One effect of Evolution is that not all combinations are equally likely or possible.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Building blocks of life may indeed form in a lab environment with some outside technical interference.
Self creating life from non life forms has not happened, ever.
Remember as a kid those ABC building blocks?
Take all 26 letters and putting them in a large bag and shake them up. Then toss them out onto the floor.
What are the chances these letters will self assemble into complex words lined up from one end to the other in a orderly fashion?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You donít believe there was a first man and woman?
How could there not be a first?
1) Changes from one generation to the next are small, but cumulative. So no individual is significantly different than their parents.

2) The line dividing 'non-human' and 'human' is broad and fuzzy. Even if the ends are clearly non-human or clearly human, it isn't easy to classify those in the transition stages.

3) Changes occur in populations not individuals. There were typically thousands of individuals at any given time, all of which were similar biologically.

These together make the concept of a 'first human' silly. At any stage there was a population of similar individuals. That population changes over generations, accumulating small changes from one generation to the next. At the beginning of the transition, all the individuals in the population are non-human, and at the end they are all human, but at any given stage, the classification is arbitrary.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If this chromosome fusion is true it should be tested. Scientist can fuse chromosome 2 in a primate then that primate would give birth to a human. But I have heard of no such experiments.
A lot of couples would love to adopt a baby.
I doubt such an experiment would be run for ethical reasons.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That couldn't work. You'd only have a fused Chromosome of Ape (chimp, gorilla, whichever you used) genes.
In addition to fusing the chromosomes, you'd also have to replace all the genes with human genes and all the non-coding sections with human non-coding sections. That's probably impossible. But if you successfully replaced the ape DNA in its entirety with human DNA, then you'd have a human.
If that's not impossible, it's a lot more difficult than simply cloning a human (also full or problems, many of them ethical). If I was the researcher doing it, I would take the cell you wanted me to transform into a human cell, dump it in the garbage and find a human cell. There, replaced!
Exactly.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If this chromosome fusion is true it should be tested. Scientist can fuse chromosome 2 in a primate then that primate would give birth to a human. But I have heard of no such experiments.
You do realize that was far from being the *only* change in going from non-humans to humans. Yes, it was a significant one, but there are many other genes that changed also.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why to demonstrate you don't understand anything scientific.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really that simple? I know that there are really stupid people out there who believe crap like that, but you claim to be educated.

No matter how many times you are told, evolution from one species to another, takes millions of years, you still demand overnight magic.

Religion claims instant magic, not science.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

I miss a weekend & there's 2,000 more posts?

Have I missed anything?

Did the atheists finally admit there belief of no god?
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

"their"
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I miss a weekend & there's 2,000 more posts?
Have I missed anything?
Did the atheists finally admit there belief of no god?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Pick one for me,,, thanx
Connie Lingus
Dixie Rect
Mona Lott
Phil Accio
Mike Hunt

Mike Crotch

Harry Cox

Jack MeOff

Yorick Hunt

Will Bohnia

Harry Johnson

Woody Fondler

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Thinking wrote:
"their"
<quoted text>
*their*

Coffee ain't kicked in yet.

:)
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

jesus christ...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike Hunt
Mike Crotch
Harry Cox
Jack MeOff
Yorick Hunt
Will Bohnia
Harry Johnson
Woody Fondler

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Did I say I has any of these? No all videos and pictures of consenting adults are free for all consenting adults.

You going to stop making excuses and accept the bet?
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have your own production facilities?
You are also a talent scout?
Special sections for paying customers?
You can arrange "fun filled" vacations to the Phillipines, or possibly arrange dates with Filipino beauties here in the States?

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

You wanna look at me when I am real hard? Dave I already told you I won't be letting you gulp my trouser snake.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have little doubt. I suspect more than just the pictures, though.
I think his activities need to be looked at real hard.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

I can explain the business to you, how you get and update content, advertise and make a profit. You will have to pay me but I can help you or anyone get started.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Give away? Intellectual property you give away?
Are you licensed by them?
Do you pay for them?
How are you certain they are all over 18?
That is a lot of money for ad clicks. Those are usually in the pennies?
You must advertise something some people want to buy.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

My neighbor is a detective and she is a cutie! Her and her husband have had dinner with us before. I hate to tell you and Dave but adult websites are legal.

:)
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Eventually the Federal Investigators will make their case. You do realize that your probably being watched by the Police. One little slip up and itís the cell block for you cowboy. Not only do they charge you for the crimes they also take the money made.
The Feds like to do these things in campaigns. Where they take down several hundred at a time. Unannounced they crash in your door wearing assault equipment. Before you can wake up your in cuffs in the back seat of a police cruiser.
You just go on thinking your immune.
CunningLinguist

Tavares, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually took the time to write that up yourself, I would be flattered you did such, and displayed and expended some intellect in doing so.
Such is highly unlikely. I think your talents are limited to cutting and pasting the thoughts of others.
But you forgot the eeyuk, eeyuk, giggle, and snort at the end.
David, you are unworthy of anything other than copy/paste as you have allowed your entire existence to be copy/pasted in advance for you by religious dogma.

Until the highly unlikely event you gain some serious knowledge, you are forever doomed to the abyss of self imposed ignorance.

If you spent 10% of your time trying to find WHY there are non believers, you might have a modicum of understanding, as it happens, all you have is hatred.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••