Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#154840 Feb 18, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If this chromosome fusion is true it should be tested. Scientist can fuse chromosome 2 in a primate then that primate would give birth to a human. But I have heard of no such experiments.
A lot of couples would love to adopt a baby.
Why to demonstrate you don't understand anything scientific.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#154841 Feb 18, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If this chromosome fusion is true it should be tested. Scientist can fuse chromosome 2 in a primate then that primate would give birth to a human. But I have heard of no such experiments.
A lot of couples would love to adopt a baby.
Are you really that simple? I know that there are really stupid people out there who believe crap like that, but you claim to be educated.

No matter how many times you are told, evolution from one species to another, takes millions of years, you still demand overnight magic.

Religion claims instant magic, not science.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#154842 Feb 18, 2013
I miss a weekend & there's 2,000 more posts?

Have I missed anything?

Did the atheists finally admit there belief of no god?
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

#154843 Feb 18, 2013
"their"
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Have I missed anything?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#154844 Feb 18, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Pick one for me,,, thanx
Connie Lingus
Dixie Rect
Mona Lott
Phil Accio
Mike Hunt

Mike Crotch

Harry Cox

Jack MeOff

Yorick Hunt

Will Bohnia

Harry Johnson

Woody Fondler

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#154845 Feb 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
"their"
<quoted text>
*their*

Coffee ain't kicked in yet.

:)
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

#154846 Feb 18, 2013
jesus christ...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike Hunt
Mike Crotch
Harry Cox
Jack MeOff
Yorick Hunt
Will Bohnia
Harry Johnson
Woody Fondler

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#154847 Feb 18, 2013
Did I say I has any of these? No all videos and pictures of consenting adults are free for all consenting adults.

You going to stop making excuses and accept the bet?
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have your own production facilities?
You are also a talent scout?
Special sections for paying customers?
You can arrange "fun filled" vacations to the Phillipines, or possibly arrange dates with Filipino beauties here in the States?

Lexington, KY

#154848 Feb 18, 2013
You wanna look at me when I am real hard? Dave I already told you I won't be letting you gulp my trouser snake.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have little doubt. I suspect more than just the pictures, though.
I think his activities need to be looked at real hard.

Lexington, KY

#154849 Feb 18, 2013
I can explain the business to you, how you get and update content, advertise and make a profit. You will have to pay me but I can help you or anyone get started.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Give away? Intellectual property you give away?
Are you licensed by them?
Do you pay for them?
How are you certain they are all over 18?
That is a lot of money for ad clicks. Those are usually in the pennies?
You must advertise something some people want to buy.

Lexington, KY

#154850 Feb 18, 2013
My neighbor is a detective and she is a cutie! Her and her husband have had dinner with us before. I hate to tell you and Dave but adult websites are legal.

:)
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Eventually the Federal Investigators will make their case. You do realize that your probably being watched by the Police. One little slip up and itís the cell block for you cowboy. Not only do they charge you for the crimes they also take the money made.
The Feds like to do these things in campaigns. Where they take down several hundred at a time. Unannounced they crash in your door wearing assault equipment. Before you can wake up your in cuffs in the back seat of a police cruiser.
You just go on thinking your immune.
CunningLinguist

Kissimmee, FL

#154851 Feb 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually took the time to write that up yourself, I would be flattered you did such, and displayed and expended some intellect in doing so.
Such is highly unlikely. I think your talents are limited to cutting and pasting the thoughts of others.
But you forgot the eeyuk, eeyuk, giggle, and snort at the end.
David, you are unworthy of anything other than copy/paste as you have allowed your entire existence to be copy/pasted in advance for you by religious dogma.

Until the highly unlikely event you gain some serious knowledge, you are forever doomed to the abyss of self imposed ignorance.

If you spent 10% of your time trying to find WHY there are non believers, you might have a modicum of understanding, as it happens, all you have is hatred.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#154852 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Have I missed anything?
What do you call your religion? The one that you believe there is not Zeus?

What do you call your religion? The one that you believe there is not Apollo?

What do you call your religion? The one that you believe there is not Angrboda?

The list goes on and on but even you should get the gist of it.

No, I take that back. You are a troll, not a christian, so you will play this game until you grow up and get some friends.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#154854 Feb 18, 2013
Number based reality versus reality.

You have a car with an EPA 30mpg. You drive it for months and keep scrupulous records and work out your own average. It turns out to be 28.34488865996 mpg.

Cool. You have something to bank on there.

One day you get up and realize you forgot to fill the tank on the car. You cruised home on fumes and didn't realize it. Maybe you were pre-occupied thinking about how many billions of years it takes for matter to collide and make organic life, and considerably less to make such a genius as yourself for understanding that.

Anyhow, you are out of gas. The nearest gas station is 27 miles away. But you are in luck. You have exactly one gallon of gas left in the lawn mower gas can. So you very carefully pour it in, making sure it all goes into the tank.

You grab your wallet, jump in, fire that puppy up and head for the gas station, being careful on acceleration.

Hopefully you remembered to put the gas can in the back, because you will walk that last little ways.

Unless a truck comes out of nowhere, passes you, and you can slipstream it.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#154855 Feb 18, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
David, you are unworthy of anything other than copy/paste as you have allowed your entire existence to be copy/pasted in advance for you by religious dogma.
Until the highly unlikely event you gain some serious knowledge, you are forever doomed to the abyss of self imposed ignorance.
If you spent 10% of your time trying to find WHY there are non believers, you might have a modicum of understanding, as it happens, all you have is hatred.
Ocala used to be a neat little town. Then the idiots started moving to it.

So, how long have you lived there?
CunningLinguist

Kissimmee, FL

#154856 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Have I missed anything
"In God We Rust" is more appropriate

'Have I missed anything'- Were you absent?

'Did the atheists finally admit there belief of no god?'
We never assembled huge atheistic armies to kill those whose beliefs we didnít agree with. We donít even march door to door to tell you how dumb your religions are (though the courtesy is not returned) because it just ainít our style.

It is true that it is difficult to get any two atheists to agree on whether to capitalize the word ďGodĒ but I doubt there are any, anywhere, who would call for pistols at dawn to work it out!

bohart

Newport, TN

#154857 Feb 18, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
We do not know the mechanism. But, your choice of language is telling. It shows a bias that is unreasonable in this context.
For example, NONE of the atoms in your body is alive. None of the basic components from which you are made is alive. An oxygen atom or a hydrogen atom are 'dead, lifeless, sterile material'. The same can be said for every other chemical element, but you are completely made from such elements.
In other words, YOU, a living thing, are made from dead, lifeless, sterile materials. You really should think about this point. Everything alive is made from atoms and those are all, according to your language, dead, lifeless sterial materials.
The point is that chemical elements are NOT sterile in the sense that they interact with other chemical elements in complex and interesting ways. And it is in the variety of those interactions that we get life. There is no 'life substance' that is added to 'dead lifeless atoms' to obtain life.
"Without testable hypotheses and repeatable results , all you have is personal opinion, not actual knowledge".....polymath 257

thanks for your opinion.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

#154858 Feb 18, 2013
WTF.
Dave Nelson wrote:
You have a car with an EPA 30mpg. You drive it for months and keep scrupulous records and work out your own average. It turns out to be 28.34488865996 mpg.
One day you get up and realize you forgot to fill the tank on the car. You cruised home on fumes and didn't realize it. Maybe you were pre-occupied thinking about how many billions of years it takes for matter to collide and make organic life, and considerably less to make such a genius as yourself for understanding that.
Anyhow, you are out of gas. The nearest gas station is 27 miles away. But you are in luck. You have exactly one gallon of gas left in the lawn mower gas can. So you very carefully pour it in, making sure it all goes into the tank.
You grab your wallet, jump in, fire that puppy up and head for the gas station, being careful on acceleration.
Hopefully you remembered to put the gas can in the back, because you will walk that last little ways.

Lexington, KY

#154859 Feb 18, 2013
Readers Digest strikes again.
Dave Nelson wrote:

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#154860 Feb 18, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
"Without testable hypotheses and repeatable results , all you have is personal opinion, not actual knowledge".....polymath 257
thanks for your opinion.
Which part are you calling an opinion?

We do not know the mechanism.

NONE of the atoms in your body is alive.

None of the basic components from which you are made is alive.

An oxygen atom or a hydrogen atom are 'dead, lifeless, sterile material'.

The same can be said for every other chemical element, but you are completely made from such elements.

In other words, YOU, a living thing, are made from dead, lifeless, sterile materials.

You really should think about this point.

Everything alive is made from atoms and those are all, according to your language, dead, lifeless sterial materials.

The point is that chemical elements are NOT sterile in the sense that they interact with other chemical elements in complex and interesting ways.

And it is in the variety of those interactions that we get life.

There is no 'life substance' that is added to 'dead lifeless atoms' to obtain life.

Which statement are you having trouble with?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 5 min _Bad Company 130
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 17 min Uncle Sam 2,344
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 1 hr thetruth 29
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Thinking 23,192
God' existence 1 hr thetruth 61
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 3 hr Crazy Mess 1
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 20 hr thetruth 1,442
More from around the web