Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
148,681 - 148,700 of 226,570 Comments Last updated 34 min ago

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#154709 Feb 17, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Ah, Topix and the internet. Where else can 13 year old brains in much older bodies play act, trying hard to appear as intellectual, mature adult atheists?
Guess what troll,'m not atheists, which proves all you post is hyperbole.

If your religion was “advertised” on TV, you religitards without any proof of its validity, would run to your phone and buy it, at any cost. If your parents didn't tell you that Santa Clause was fake, you'd STILL be believing in him too, fool.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#154710 Feb 17, 2013
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stor...

SNL Mocks Jesus with Violent, Bloody Skit

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#154712 Feb 17, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Ah, Topix and the internet. Where else can 13 year old brains in much older bodies play act, trying hard to appear as intellectual, mature adult atheists?
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Guess what troll,'m not atheists, which proves all you post is hyperbole.
If your religion was “advertised” on TV, you religitards without any proof of its validity, would run to your phone and buy it, at any cost. If your parents didn't tell you that Santa Clause was fake, you'd STILL be believing in him too, fool.
You aren't atheist? Well, please forgive me. Let me correct that to read the following for your particular case.

Ah, Topix and the internet. Where else can 13 year old brains in much older bodies play act, trying hard to appear as intellectual, mature adults?

With a tendency to do stupid posts.

Am I forgiven?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#154713 Feb 17, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Guess what troll,'m not atheists, which proves all you post is hyperbole.
Santa Clause is real, there is just a bunch of them.
And they all ain't fat wearing a red suit and going by the name Chris Crinkle.

Location hidden

#154714 Feb 17, 2013
Of fly around in a magic sleigh with Rudolf blinking the way.
something seven

Lodi, WI

#154715 Feb 17, 2013

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#154716 Feb 17, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Ah, Topix and the internet. Where else can 13 year old brains in much older bodies play act, trying hard to appear as intellectual, mature adults? With a tendency to do stupid posts.
Speaking from personal experience I see. Maybe if you didn't waste your time with some loser religion you'd have better self-esteem and not feel that way about yourself. Oh bother.

Location hidden

#154717 Feb 17, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't atheist? Well, please forgive me. Let me correct that to read the following for your particular case.
Ah, Topix and the internet. Where else can 13 year old brains in much older bodies play act, trying hard to appear as intellectual, mature adults?
With a tendency to do stupid posts.
Am I forgiven?
You don't like 13 , because that's too old for your devious plans.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#154718 Feb 17, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Am I forgiven?
Don't ask me.

I'm not your god, or Jesus, or a magnet.

Location hidden

#154719 Feb 17, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't ask me.
You ain't shit, either.

Why do you feel so compelled to volunteer your comments?

Hooked the spa back up. Looks like it will work.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#154720 Feb 17, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you part of WAG, too?
Homey, you are way out of the main stream. WAG means Wild Ass Guess. I would have told you sooner but I thought you knew.

Location hidden

#154721 Feb 17, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't ask me.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/natio...

Atheists don't need a skydaddy to keep watch over them. They have their fellow man.

Careful who you have in that outdoor hot tub with you, Catcher.

Oh yeah, make sure everything on your property is up to code. No unpermitted buildings, trash piles, etc, etc, etc.

Ain't science and technology grand?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#154722 Feb 17, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Homey, you are way out of the main stream. WAG means Wild Ass Guess. I would have told you sooner but I thought you knew.
Sorry, I am not as hip as you. It must be because I am really in my 50's and you are really a young kid.

But you did answer my question; the christian god isn't interested in talking to christians anymore than it is interested in talking to me.

Location hidden

#154723 Feb 17, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought WAG meant "women and girls"?

But there you go , making d stuff up!

Southern Illinois

#154724 Feb 17, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
We do not know the mechanism. But, your choice of language is telling. It shows a bias that is unreasonable in this context.
For example, NONE of the atoms in your body is alive. None of the basic components from which you are made is alive. An oxygen atom or a hydrogen atom are 'dead, lifeless, sterile material'. The same can be said for every other chemical element, but you are completely made from such elements.
In other words, YOU, a living thing, are made from dead, lifeless, sterile materials. You really should think about this point. Everything alive is made from atoms and those are all, according to your language, dead, lifeless sterial materials.
The point is that chemical elements are NOT sterile in the sense that they interact with other chemical elements in complex and interesting ways. And it is in the variety of those interactions that we get life. There is no 'life substance' that is added to 'dead lifeless atoms' to obtain life.
It takes more than mixing chemicals to come up with living cells. It takes purposeful and precise bio engineering. RNA and DNA had to be assembled through precise engineering to have this run on life.

Happenstance creation as you would want to believe. It doesn’t happen that way in labs and it didn’t happen that way in the beginning. Science research is a testament to that fact. Life doesn’t self create from non living things.

The answer that Atheist want can be found in the beginning. If you are an Atheist. You should be thinking about how all this life started from lifeless material without purposeful intervention.

You would have a very strong argument if we had repeatedly produced in a lab life from non living material without intrusion. It has not happened. It hasn’t happened on Mars and it hasn’t happened on the Earth.

Location hidden

#154725 Feb 17, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>

Southern Illinois

#154726 Feb 17, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Daffy thinks an advertisement for a book is proof for Jesus. Daffy thinks because a book written by a guy who said he knew the world was ending in 1988, claims it then it must be true!
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahaha!
<quoted text>

“Even your hero Bart Erhman states the Josephus and Tacitus passages are forged.“

You were the one who brought him up as a reference in post #154652. I would like to see proof that the world would end in 1988.

Southern Illinois

#154727 Feb 17, 2013
something seven wrote:
PROOF THERE IS A GOD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =vi1MIAjoaUYXX
Funny but I don't see anything relevant to the thread but I did get a laugh out of it.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#154728 Feb 17, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You ain't shit, either.
Why do you feel so compelled to volunteer your comments?
Hooked the spa back up. Looks like it will work.
I have always believed in pro bono work.

Even on these threads. My comment are free of charge.

So turn on the heat and enjoy the hot tub.

Southern Illinois

#154729 Feb 17, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =94_oswDn-oMXX
Wow! I wonder if Adam sang that to Eve, lol.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 58 min Dak-Original 21,530
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 7 hr Thinking 5,921
The Ultimate Evidence of God 11 hr James 68
The myth of the angry atheist 23 hr _Bad Company 3
Our world came from nothing? Mon Patrick 436
It seems there are more Atheists in the Christi... (Jun '13) Mon Patrick 13
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom Sat religionislies 58
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••