Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,428)

Showing posts 148,541 - 148,560 of223,010
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Is that how you and Buck met? Awwww thanks for sharing geriatric Dave!
<quoted text>
Saw a scribbling on the wall of a pay toilet:

"Here I sit, broken-hearted;
Paid my dime, and only farted."
Siro

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Is that how you and Buck met? Awwww thanks for sharing geriatric Dave!
<quoted text>
Wazzup wigger?
Yo lose yo mojo coz Buck be dissin yo?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Not at all Dave. Non-existent is the historical proof for Jesus. Invisible to the human eye covers several otherwise observable things.

Plus of you had read this CNN story to the ancient sheep kissers who created your god myth they would probably burn you at the alter for fouling their sacred sky wizard.

You really didn't think this one through did you Dave?

That happens all the time with you we notice.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hmm...
Have you noticed the invisible and non-existent look very much alike?"
Hmmm...
"What the universe is made of
Over the last few decades, scientists have come to the conclusion that the universe's composition is only about 5% atoms -- in other words, the stuff that we see and know around us. That means the rest is stuff we can't see. About 71% is something called "dark energy," and another 24% is "dark matter."
2011: Closing in on the 'God particle'
Why is the 'God particle' a big deal?
Why is the 'God particle' a big deal?
2010: World's biggest science experiment
Festival aims to make science 'cool'
Research is ongoing to figure out precisely what these "dark" components are, because they do not interact with ordinary matter and have never been directly detected."
""You can think of it as a kind of molasses-like bath that's invisible, but yet we're all immersed within it," he said. "And as particles like electrons try to move through the molasses-like bath, they experience a resistance. And that resistance is what we, in our big everyday world, think of as the mass of the electron.""
From that article I posted.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/16/tech/innovation...
Siro

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Lol! Why can't Jesus eat skittles? They keep slipping through his hands!
<quoted text>
Funny thing bro, same thing happened to Trayvon.
Lost the skittles and died at the hands of a jew.
HAHAHAhah..a...ha.........oh crap, he and bob will probably go whinging to the ACLU or something.....

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Many people die in war, the Russian deaths you mention we're due to political take over not atheism. The rich back then would hire huge amounts of poor people to fight for them and help protect their ill gotten wealth. The Czars for centuries had told the people that they were hand chosen by god to lead and it was all citizens duty to fight for them as they would god. It was a dastardly cowardly thing to do.

Several of the soviet generals and leaders were believers and even devout Christians. Communism and atheism are two different things.

Again nothing to do with atheism and you know it.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_killings_un...
Main articles: Red Terror, Decossackization, and Lenin's Hanging Order
During the Russian Civil War, both sides unleashed terror campaigns (the Red and White Terrors). The Red Terror culminated in the summary execution of tens of thousands of "enemies of the people" by the political police, the Cheka.[copyright violation?][volume & issue needed]
Many victims were 'bourgeois hostages' rounded up and held in readiness for summary execution in reprisal for any alleged counter-revolutionary provocation. Many were put to death during and after the suppression of revolts, such as the Kronstadt rebellion and the Tambov Rebellion. Professor Donald Rayfield claims that "the repression that followed the rebellions in Kronstadt and Tambov alone resulted in tens of thousands of executions." A large number of Orthodox clergymen were also killed.
The policy of decossackization amounted to an attempt by Soviet leaders to "eliminate, exterminate, and deport the population of a whole territory," according to Nicolas Werth. In the early months of 1919, some 10,000 to 12,000 Cossacks were executed][verification needed] and many more deported after their villages were razed to the ground.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Lenin was and is adored by those people as a hero, yes even the religious Russians. The head of the Russian Orthodox Church still maintains prays for Lenin and Stalin was and is a saint in their church. Your own copy and paste even states the churches were left open for service as they always had been.

In those days poor parents would send their kids away to the church to get an education which meant reading the bible and getting molested by the clergy. Lenin mandated all children receive a proper education in history, math, science and language.

That evil man! How dare he see to it for the first time children there regardless of income learn to read and get a proper education, becoming head and shoulders more knowledgable than children in many other countries?! How dare he!

Lmfao! Crazy ole Daffy! Always good for a laugh.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What you are saying is not what history is saying.
Almost immediately after they seized power, Lenin's Bolsheviks inaugurated an endless stream of economic decrees and policies. These proved to be disastrous, resulting in a horrific famine, depopulation of the cities, and an enormous decline in living standards.
But the greatest crime committed by Lenin's regime was the civil war the Soviet government waged against the peasantry, and the famine this war precipitated.
Needless to say, Lenin had no plans to respect the freedom of religion.
But until the famine, most of the persecution of religion appears to have been taken on local initiative. Most religious property was ordered expropriated, although in fact clergymen usually continued to occupy and use their church buildings. Parents lost the right to give their children religious education - although again, during the Civil War years, this does not seem to have been enforced.(Interestingly, while the state subsidies to the church greatly declined, the Orthodox Church under Lenin essentially remained a bureau of the state).
Serious government persecution of the Orthodox Church began with the famine, which gave Lenin the chance to bring the Orthodox Church into line. He demanded that the Church hand over valuable relics to help famine victims (or so he said). The Church resisted, resulting in around 8000 executions of persons resisting the confiscation of relics. Similar but milder persecution began against Jews, Catholics, and to a lesser extent, Muslims.(These religions, however, had less to lose than the Orthodox Church, because they had no subsidies for the Bolsheviks to cut off).
http://econfaculty.gmu.edu/bcaplan/museum/his...
Siro

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Lenin was and is adored by those people as a hero, yes even the religious Russians. The head of the Russian Orthodox Church still maintains prays for Lenin and Stalin was and is a saint in their church. Your own copy and paste even states the churches were left open for service as they always had been.
In those days poor parents would send their kids away to the church to get an education which meant reading the bible and getting molested by the clergy. Lenin mandated all children receive a proper education in history, math, science and language.
That evil man! How dare he see to it for the first time children there regardless of income learn to read and get a proper education, becoming head and shoulders more knowledgable than children in many other countries?! How dare he!
Lmfao! Crazy ole Daffy! Always good for a laugh.
<quoted text>
Sh!t what a liar you are.
Yo B talkin out yo @ss wit dis sheeeit waz yo problem N sheeeit!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Milita...

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand either concept - evidence or possibility.
Events occur every day for which there previously existed no evidence. According to you, as you do not believe these events possible, you are proven wrong every day.
I only prove you wrong once every week or so. So I'm probably wasting my time then.
Absence of evidence is evidence of absence.

Not proof of absence, but certainly evidence of absence.

We must continue to weigh the evidence.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Not at all Dave. Non-existent is the historical proof for Jesus. Invisible to the human eye covers several otherwise observable things.
Plus of you had read this CNN story to the ancient sheep kissers who created your god myth they would probably burn you at the alter for fouling their sacred sky wizard.
You really didn't think this one through did you Dave?
That happens all the time with you we notice.
<quoted text>
You really shouldn't expend so much of your time and energy at trying to appear as intelligent, witty, and clever. You just ain't got it.

Sincerely.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
LOL.... What does 'INRI' stand for?

'I'm Nailed Right In".

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

A small group of volunteers in Russia who were trying to peacefully teach reason to potential Czar supporters, formed in 1929 declined to compete insignificance in 1940 and closed shop in 1947.

Churches never closed and children were made to get a proper education. Such wickedness!

But then again you being a Muslim woman have had your genitals mutilated and that has messed you up.
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Sh!t what a liar you are.
Yo B talkin out yo @ss wit dis sheeeit waz yo problem N sheeeit!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Milita...
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Many people die in war, the Russian deaths you mention we're due to political take over not atheism. The rich back then would hire huge amounts of poor people to fight for them and help protect their ill gotten wealth. The Czars for centuries had told the people that they were hand chosen by god to lead and it was all citizens duty to fight for them as they would god. It was a dastardly cowardly thing to do.
Several of the soviet generals and leaders were believers and even devout Christians. Communism and atheism are two different things.
Again nothing to do with atheism and you know it.
<quoted text>
obviously you are correct in general. I do not think that all atheists are pacifists or that all persons of faith are pro-violence, however. It is too bad that it is mostly the extremists of the far right on politics and religion represent themselves as spokesman for so called conservatism, when they are very far from being respectable conservatives. It is a usurpation both on internet and in the real world - American political and religious arguments are too vicious because the far rightwing extremists represent themselves as speaking for the conservatives. Look at Sebator Cruz, and you see and hear the memory of Senator Joe Carthy. Probably a hero of some of the rightwing extremists on topix.... but all conservatives and all Christians are not evil just because the noisy rightwing extremists have stolen the limelight and the reputatable center right is drowned out with their yelling.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

who represent themselves. And Senator Joe
cCarty - such small print on this computer and I do need new glasses with which to proofread sorry.
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Mr.Morality and scholar, got a request for you.
Can you show me in the Atheist Bible where I should love my fellow man and not kill him just because I don't like him?
Here is the atheist bible as requested.

http://atheistbible.net/

Ps: I cc'd God to let her know you were back sliding again ;)
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus' dad

Jesus made his usual rounds in heaven when he noticed a wizened, white-haired old man sitting in a corner looking very disconsolate. The next week he was disturbed to come across him again, looking equally miserable, and a week later he stopped to talk to him.

"See here, old fellow," said Jesus kindly, "this is heaven. The sun is shining, you've got all you could want to eat, all the instruments you might want to play-- you're supposed to be blissfully happy! What's wrong?

"Well," said the old man, "you see, I was a carpenter on earth, and lost my only, dearly beloved son at an early age. And here in heaven I was hoping more than anything to find him."

"Tears sprang from Jesus' eyes. "FATHER!" he cried.

The old man jumped to his feet, bursting into tears, and sobbed, "PINOCCHIO!"
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

there is no atheist bible, no atheist doctrine, no atheist faith. it is merely not being a theist who believes in god. a means not. it is the religious nuts who want to define atheism as anything more complex.

a smart atheist is also an agnostic and does not claim to know, but merely does not believe in that particular form of nonsense (theism). however, some theists can be nice persons. not being very smart is too bad, but still if they are nice, no reason not to be friendly to them. they were most likely brainwashed as children and not taught to reason. one can feel sorry for them, and be kind to them. just find intellectual intelligent friends who are agnostic atheists and nice as well, in order to have smart friends to talk with openly about such matters as theology. one hopes many nice persons will have strong preferences for ethcial behavior in the sense of kindness, rather than silly theistic-dominated moralistic strictures.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Lol! Awesome!:)
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>LOL.... What does 'INRI' stand for?
'I'm Nailed Right In".

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Lol I love that one, use it all the time :)
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus' dad
Jesus made his usual rounds in heaven when he noticed a wizened, white-haired old man sitting in a corner looking very disconsolate. The next week he was disturbed to come across him again, looking equally miserable, and a week later he stopped to talk to him.
"See here, old fellow," said Jesus kindly, "this is heaven. The sun is shining, you've got all you could want to eat, all the instruments you might want to play-- you're supposed to be blissfully happy! What's wrong?
"Well," said the old man, "you see, I was a carpenter on earth, and lost my only, dearly beloved son at an early age. And here in heaven I was hoping more than anything to find him."
"Tears sprang from Jesus' eyes. "FATHER!" he cried.
The old man jumped to his feet, bursting into tears, and sobbed, "PINOCCHIO!"

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

havent forgotten wrote:
there is no atheist bible, no atheist doctrine, no atheist faith.
Correct. Saying that Atheism requires as much faith as religion is like saying that abstinence is a sexual position.
One Small Bite

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

havent forgotten wrote:
there is no atheist bible, no atheist doctrine, no atheist faith. it is merely not being a theist who believes in god. a means not. it is the religious nuts who want to define atheism as anything more complex.

a smart atheist is also an agnostic and does not claim to know, but merely does not believe in that particular form of nonsense (theism). however, some theists can be nice persons. not being very smart is too bad, but still if they are nice, no reason not to be friendly to them. they were most likely brainwashed as children and not taught to reason. one can feel sorry for them, and be kind to them. just find intellectual intelligent friends who are agnostic atheists and nice as well, in order to have smart friends to talk with openly about such matters as theology. one hopes many nice persons will have strong preferences for ethcial behavior in the sense of kindness, rather than silly theistic-dominated moralistic strictures.
There is no atheist heaven or hell.
There is however Gods heaven and hell
And he gets to pick who goes where for ever and ever.

Atheist are like an ostrich they bury their head in the sand of science in hopes that hell will go away and not see them.

Atheist, have a nice day, because once your night comes there will be nothing more to enjoy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 148,541 - 148,560 of223,010
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••