Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#154542 Feb 16, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Excerpt:
Bob Jones: Big-mouthed Bigot from the Boondocks
The son of a Confederate soldier and Alabama sharecropper, the young and poorly educated Bob Jones (1883-1968) discovered a youthful talent for memorizing scripture.
With a natural flair for oratory, the "boy preacher" warmed the hearts and softened the brains of the yokels. At 15 Bob was already an itinerant Methodist and on his way to Jesus loot, an enterprise he continued for half a century, until upstaged by the new boy on the block and dangerous liberal, Billy Graham.
Proudly intolerant, Jones was a racist, anti-Catholic, anti-Darwinian, who supported the Klan. In 1927, with the tide of history moving against religious reactionaries, BJ put money into the Bob Jones College (later University), the purpose of which was to train missionaries and teach the "Christian alternative" to reality.
http://jesusneverexisted.com/sheep.html
I don't think that I heard of him, but it does not surprise me. I have thought about going into the business myself! christians don't read their bibles, so I could tell them anything I wanted.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#154543 Feb 16, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell us you didn't reproduce.
You know, no matter how many names you go by, there is still only one of you. You shouldn't have use 'us' in that sentence.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#154544 Feb 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Why do Topix atheists have shit for brains?
Because they have their heads up their ass.
Just a little truthful humor this morning.:-)
Just like jesus! It's almost like he is still with us!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#154545 Feb 16, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that I heard of him, but it does not surprise me. I have thought about going into the business myself! christians don't read their bibles, so I could tell them anything I wanted.
http://www.boingboing.net/assets_mt/2010/10/2...

Put that on first. It's important.
Pinto

United States

#154546 Feb 16, 2013
flounder779 wrote:
I'd advise to avoid Christopher Hitchens' work. He's more grounded in insult and mockery than any leveled logic or reason.
That's a completely false statement. A blanket statement like that with no examples to back it up suggests that you're more afraid of alternative points of views and examination of your primitive superstitions and faith.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#154547 Feb 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.boingboing.net/assets_mt/2010/10/2...
Put that on first. It's important.
Imhotep

United States

#154548 Feb 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
What's next Sparky - nanny nanny boo boo?

How long have you suffered from Jesus Tourette syndrome?

There is a cure you know ;)

Location hidden

#154549 Feb 16, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Mr.Morality and scholar, got a request for you.

Can you show me in the Atheist Bible where I should love my fellow man and not kill him just because I don't like him?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#154550 Feb 16, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't *believe* something is possible until I see evidence of it. It is always possible new evidence will come up. But when many people over a lot of time have searched and not found anything pointing in a certain direction, I feel comfortable ignoring that possibility, at least until some dramatic evidence appears.
You don't understand either concept - evidence or possibility.

Events occur every day for which there previously existed no evidence. According to you, as you do not believe these events possible, you are proven wrong every day.

I only prove you wrong once every week or so. So I'm probably wasting my time then.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#154552 Feb 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Mr.Morality and scholar, got a request for you.
Can you show me in the Atheist Bible where I should love my fellow man and not kill him just because I don't like him?
Here ya go!

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel.(Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

You should not let a sorceress live.(Exodus 22:17 NAB)

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death.(Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.(Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Oh shit! I'm sorry! I took this morality from the christian bible!
Imhotep

United States

#154553 Feb 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:

Jesus walks into a hotel, throws 3 nails on the counter and asks the clerk... "Can you put me up for the night?"

Wilson's Nails

Wilson runs a nail factory and decides his business needs a bit of advertising. He has a chat with a friend who works in marketing and he offers to make a TV ad for Wilson's Nails.

"Give me a week," says the friend, "and I'll be back with a tape."

A week goes by and the marketing executive comes to see Wilson. He puts a cassette in the video and presses play. A Roman soldier is busy nailing Jesus to the cross. He turns to face the camera and says with a grin "Use Wilson's Nails, they'll hold anything."

Wilson goes mad shouting: "What is the matter with you? They'll never show that on TV. Give it another try, but no more Romans crucifying Jesus!"

Another week goes by and the marketing man comes back to see Wilson with another tape. He puts it in the machine and hits play. This time the camera pans out from a Roman standing with his arms folded to show Jesus on the cross. The Roman looks up at him and says 'Wilson's Nails, they'll hold anything'.

Wilson is beside himself. "You don't understand: I don't want anything with Jesus on the cross! Now listen, I'll give you one last chance. Come back in a week with an advertisement that I can broadcast."

A week passes and Wilson waits impatiently. The marketing executive arrives and puts on the new video. A naked man with long hair, gasping for breath, is running across a field. About a dozen Roman soldiers come over the hill, hot on his trail. One of them turns to camera and says 'If only we had used Wilson's Nails!'.

Location hidden

#154554 Feb 16, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just like that fart I ripped earlier.

It's almost like you are still with us!

Location hidden

#154555 Feb 16, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Here ya go!
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel.(Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)
You should not let a sorceress live.(Exodus 22:17 NAB)
A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death.(Leviticus 20:27 NAB)
Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.(Exodus 21:15 NAB)
Oh shit! I'm sorry! I took this morality from the christian bible!
So you couldn't find anything, huh?

Seems those kind of things are codified in one book? The one that has probably saved your nasty ass hundreds of times?

Not only are Topix atheists obnoxious and stupid, they are intellectual property thieves.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#154556 Feb 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
If only we could harness the power of Dave's fails and errors, we could put the Saudi's put of business.
<quoted text>
ROFL... aint that the truth...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#154557 Feb 16, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just like that fart I ripped earlier.
It's almost like you are still with us!
Oh buck, you are witty as ... well, you know.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#154558 Feb 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
So you couldn't find anything, huh?
Seems those kind of things are codified in one book? The one that has probably saved your nasty ass hundreds of times?
Not only are Topix atheists obnoxious and stupid, they are intellectual property thieves.
At least one of your characters should make sense. I damn sure ain't this one.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#154559 Feb 16, 2013
Is that how you and Buck met? Awwww thanks for sharing geriatric Dave!
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You think condoms will help you score more in public restrooms?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#154560 Feb 16, 2013
Lol! Why can't Jesus eat skittles? They keep slipping through his hands!
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus walks into a hotel, throws 3 nails on the counter and asks the clerk... "Can you put me up for the night?"
Wilson's Nails
Wilson runs a nail factory and decides his business needs a bit of advertising. He has a chat with a friend who works in marketing and he offers to make a TV ad for Wilson's Nails.
"Give me a week," says the friend, "and I'll be back with a tape."
A week goes by and the marketing executive comes to see Wilson. He puts a cassette in the video and presses play. A Roman soldier is busy nailing Jesus to the cross. He turns to face the camera and says with a grin "Use Wilson's Nails, they'll hold anything."
Wilson goes mad shouting: "What is the matter with you? They'll never show that on TV. Give it another try, but no more Romans crucifying Jesus!"
Another week goes by and the marketing man comes back to see Wilson with another tape. He puts it in the machine and hits play. This time the camera pans out from a Roman standing with his arms folded to show Jesus on the cross. The Roman looks up at him and says 'Wilson's Nails, they'll hold anything'.
Wilson is beside himself. "You don't understand: I don't want anything with Jesus on the cross! Now listen, I'll give you one last chance. Come back in a week with an advertisement that I can broadcast."
A week passes and Wilson waits impatiently. The marketing executive arrives and puts on the new video. A naked man with long hair, gasping for breath, is running across a field. About a dozen Roman soldiers come over the hill, hot on his trail. One of them turns to camera and says 'If only we had used Wilson's Nails!'.

Location hidden

#154561 Feb 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Saw a scribbling on the wall of a pay toilet:

"Here I sit, broken-hearted;
Paid my dime, and only farted."
Siro

Australia

#154562 Feb 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Wazzup wigger?
Yo lose yo mojo coz Buck be dissin yo?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 15 min Brit Expat 22,073
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 1 hr TheHeadlines 70
Stump a theist with 2 questions 1 hr TheHeadlines 17
Atheism 101: What's the most aggravating argume... 3 hr Patrick n Angela 3
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 4 hr Thinking 183
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 8 hr Patrick 41
The Ultimate Evidence of God 20 hr sriKim 120
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••