Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Imhotep

United States

#154548 Feb 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Why do Topix atheists have shit for brains?
Because they have their heads up their ass.
Just a little truthful humor this morning.:-)
What's next Sparky - nanny nanny boo boo?

How long have you suffered from Jesus Tourette syndrome?

There is a cure you know ;)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#154549 Feb 16, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like jesus! It's almost like he is still with us!
Hey, Mr.Morality and scholar, got a request for you.

Can you show me in the Atheist Bible where I should love my fellow man and not kill him just because I don't like him?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#154550 Feb 16, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't *believe* something is possible until I see evidence of it. It is always possible new evidence will come up. But when many people over a lot of time have searched and not found anything pointing in a certain direction, I feel comfortable ignoring that possibility, at least until some dramatic evidence appears.
You don't understand either concept - evidence or possibility.

Events occur every day for which there previously existed no evidence. According to you, as you do not believe these events possible, you are proven wrong every day.

I only prove you wrong once every week or so. So I'm probably wasting my time then.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#154552 Feb 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Mr.Morality and scholar, got a request for you.
Can you show me in the Atheist Bible where I should love my fellow man and not kill him just because I don't like him?
Here ya go!

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel.(Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

You should not let a sorceress live.(Exodus 22:17 NAB)

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death.(Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.(Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Oh shit! I'm sorry! I took this morality from the christian bible!
Imhotep

United States

#154553 Feb 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Why do Topix atheists have shit for brains?
Because they have their heads up their ass.
Just a little truthful humor this morning.:-)

Jesus walks into a hotel, throws 3 nails on the counter and asks the clerk... "Can you put me up for the night?"

Wilson's Nails

Wilson runs a nail factory and decides his business needs a bit of advertising. He has a chat with a friend who works in marketing and he offers to make a TV ad for Wilson's Nails.

"Give me a week," says the friend, "and I'll be back with a tape."

A week goes by and the marketing executive comes to see Wilson. He puts a cassette in the video and presses play. A Roman soldier is busy nailing Jesus to the cross. He turns to face the camera and says with a grin "Use Wilson's Nails, they'll hold anything."

Wilson goes mad shouting: "What is the matter with you? They'll never show that on TV. Give it another try, but no more Romans crucifying Jesus!"

Another week goes by and the marketing man comes back to see Wilson with another tape. He puts it in the machine and hits play. This time the camera pans out from a Roman standing with his arms folded to show Jesus on the cross. The Roman looks up at him and says 'Wilson's Nails, they'll hold anything'.

Wilson is beside himself. "You don't understand: I don't want anything with Jesus on the cross! Now listen, I'll give you one last chance. Come back in a week with an advertisement that I can broadcast."

A week passes and Wilson waits impatiently. The marketing executive arrives and puts on the new video. A naked man with long hair, gasping for breath, is running across a field. About a dozen Roman soldiers come over the hill, hot on his trail. One of them turns to camera and says 'If only we had used Wilson's Nails!'.

Location hidden

#154554 Feb 16, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like jesus! It's almost like he is still with us!
You are just like that fart I ripped earlier.

It's almost like you are still with us!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#154555 Feb 16, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Here ya go!
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel.(Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)
You should not let a sorceress live.(Exodus 22:17 NAB)
A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death.(Leviticus 20:27 NAB)
Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.(Exodus 21:15 NAB)
Oh shit! I'm sorry! I took this morality from the christian bible!
So you couldn't find anything, huh?

Seems those kind of things are codified in one book? The one that has probably saved your nasty ass hundreds of times?

Not only are Topix atheists obnoxious and stupid, they are intellectual property thieves.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#154556 Feb 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
If only we could harness the power of Dave's fails and errors, we could put the Saudi's put of business.
<quoted text>
ROFL... aint that the truth...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#154557 Feb 16, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just like that fart I ripped earlier.
It's almost like you are still with us!
Oh buck, you are witty as ... well, you know.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#154558 Feb 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
So you couldn't find anything, huh?
Seems those kind of things are codified in one book? The one that has probably saved your nasty ass hundreds of times?
Not only are Topix atheists obnoxious and stupid, they are intellectual property thieves.
At least one of your characters should make sense. I damn sure ain't this one.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#154559 Feb 16, 2013
Is that how you and Buck met? Awwww thanks for sharing geriatric Dave!
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You think condoms will help you score more in public restrooms?

Lexington, KY

#154560 Feb 16, 2013
Lol! Why can't Jesus eat skittles? They keep slipping through his hands!
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus walks into a hotel, throws 3 nails on the counter and asks the clerk... "Can you put me up for the night?"
Wilson's Nails
Wilson runs a nail factory and decides his business needs a bit of advertising. He has a chat with a friend who works in marketing and he offers to make a TV ad for Wilson's Nails.
"Give me a week," says the friend, "and I'll be back with a tape."
A week goes by and the marketing executive comes to see Wilson. He puts a cassette in the video and presses play. A Roman soldier is busy nailing Jesus to the cross. He turns to face the camera and says with a grin "Use Wilson's Nails, they'll hold anything."
Wilson goes mad shouting: "What is the matter with you? They'll never show that on TV. Give it another try, but no more Romans crucifying Jesus!"
Another week goes by and the marketing man comes back to see Wilson with another tape. He puts it in the machine and hits play. This time the camera pans out from a Roman standing with his arms folded to show Jesus on the cross. The Roman looks up at him and says 'Wilson's Nails, they'll hold anything'.
Wilson is beside himself. "You don't understand: I don't want anything with Jesus on the cross! Now listen, I'll give you one last chance. Come back in a week with an advertisement that I can broadcast."
A week passes and Wilson waits impatiently. The marketing executive arrives and puts on the new video. A naked man with long hair, gasping for breath, is running across a field. About a dozen Roman soldiers come over the hill, hot on his trail. One of them turns to camera and says 'If only we had used Wilson's Nails!'.

Location hidden

#154561 Feb 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Saw a scribbling on the wall of a pay toilet:

"Here I sit, broken-hearted;
Paid my dime, and only farted."
Siro

Australia

#154562 Feb 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Wazzup wigger?
Yo lose yo mojo coz Buck be dissin yo?

Lexington, KY

#154563 Feb 16, 2013
Not at all Dave. Non-existent is the historical proof for Jesus. Invisible to the human eye covers several otherwise observable things.

Plus of you had read this CNN story to the ancient sheep kissers who created your god myth they would probably burn you at the alter for fouling their sacred sky wizard.

You really didn't think this one through did you Dave?

That happens all the time with you we notice.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hmm...
Have you noticed the invisible and non-existent look very much alike?"
Hmmm...
"What the universe is made of
Over the last few decades, scientists have come to the conclusion that the universe's composition is only about 5% atoms -- in other words, the stuff that we see and know around us. That means the rest is stuff we can't see. About 71% is something called "dark energy," and another 24% is "dark matter."
2011: Closing in on the 'God particle'
Why is the 'God particle' a big deal?
Why is the 'God particle' a big deal?
2010: World's biggest science experiment
Festival aims to make science 'cool'
Research is ongoing to figure out precisely what these "dark" components are, because they do not interact with ordinary matter and have never been directly detected."
""You can think of it as a kind of molasses-like bath that's invisible, but yet we're all immersed within it," he said. "And as particles like electrons try to move through the molasses-like bath, they experience a resistance. And that resistance is what we, in our big everyday world, think of as the mass of the electron.""
From that article I posted.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/16/tech/innovation...
Siro

Australia

#154564 Feb 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Lol! Why can't Jesus eat skittles? They keep slipping through his hands!
<quoted text>
Funny thing bro, same thing happened to Trayvon.
Lost the skittles and died at the hands of a jew.
HAHAHAhah..a...ha.........oh crap, he and bob will probably go whinging to the ACLU or something.....

Lexington, KY

#154565 Feb 16, 2013
Many people die in war, the Russian deaths you mention we're due to political take over not atheism. The rich back then would hire huge amounts of poor people to fight for them and help protect their ill gotten wealth. The Czars for centuries had told the people that they were hand chosen by god to lead and it was all citizens duty to fight for them as they would god. It was a dastardly cowardly thing to do.

Several of the soviet generals and leaders were believers and even devout Christians. Communism and atheism are two different things.

Again nothing to do with atheism and you know it.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_killings_un...
Main articles: Red Terror, Decossackization, and Lenin's Hanging Order
During the Russian Civil War, both sides unleashed terror campaigns (the Red and White Terrors). The Red Terror culminated in the summary execution of tens of thousands of "enemies of the people" by the political police, the Cheka.[copyright violation?][volume & issue needed]
Many victims were 'bourgeois hostages' rounded up and held in readiness for summary execution in reprisal for any alleged counter-revolutionary provocation. Many were put to death during and after the suppression of revolts, such as the Kronstadt rebellion and the Tambov Rebellion. Professor Donald Rayfield claims that "the repression that followed the rebellions in Kronstadt and Tambov alone resulted in tens of thousands of executions." A large number of Orthodox clergymen were also killed.
The policy of decossackization amounted to an attempt by Soviet leaders to "eliminate, exterminate, and deport the population of a whole territory," according to Nicolas Werth. In the early months of 1919, some 10,000 to 12,000 Cossacks were executed][verification needed] and many more deported after their villages were razed to the ground.

Lexington, KY

#154566 Feb 16, 2013
Lenin was and is adored by those people as a hero, yes even the religious Russians. The head of the Russian Orthodox Church still maintains prays for Lenin and Stalin was and is a saint in their church. Your own copy and paste even states the churches were left open for service as they always had been.

In those days poor parents would send their kids away to the church to get an education which meant reading the bible and getting molested by the clergy. Lenin mandated all children receive a proper education in history, math, science and language.

That evil man! How dare he see to it for the first time children there regardless of income learn to read and get a proper education, becoming head and shoulders more knowledgable than children in many other countries?! How dare he!

Lmfao! Crazy ole Daffy! Always good for a laugh.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What you are saying is not what history is saying.
Almost immediately after they seized power, Lenin's Bolsheviks inaugurated an endless stream of economic decrees and policies. These proved to be disastrous, resulting in a horrific famine, depopulation of the cities, and an enormous decline in living standards.
But the greatest crime committed by Lenin's regime was the civil war the Soviet government waged against the peasantry, and the famine this war precipitated.
Needless to say, Lenin had no plans to respect the freedom of religion.
But until the famine, most of the persecution of religion appears to have been taken on local initiative. Most religious property was ordered expropriated, although in fact clergymen usually continued to occupy and use their church buildings. Parents lost the right to give their children religious education - although again, during the Civil War years, this does not seem to have been enforced.(Interestingly, while the state subsidies to the church greatly declined, the Orthodox Church under Lenin essentially remained a bureau of the state).
Serious government persecution of the Orthodox Church began with the famine, which gave Lenin the chance to bring the Orthodox Church into line. He demanded that the Church hand over valuable relics to help famine victims (or so he said). The Church resisted, resulting in around 8000 executions of persons resisting the confiscation of relics. Similar but milder persecution began against Jews, Catholics, and to a lesser extent, Muslims.(These religions, however, had less to lose than the Orthodox Church, because they had no subsidies for the Bolsheviks to cut off).
http://econfaculty.gmu.edu/bcaplan/museum/his...
Siro

Australia

#154567 Feb 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Lenin was and is adored by those people as a hero, yes even the religious Russians. The head of the Russian Orthodox Church still maintains prays for Lenin and Stalin was and is a saint in their church. Your own copy and paste even states the churches were left open for service as they always had been.
In those days poor parents would send their kids away to the church to get an education which meant reading the bible and getting molested by the clergy. Lenin mandated all children receive a proper education in history, math, science and language.
That evil man! How dare he see to it for the first time children there regardless of income learn to read and get a proper education, becoming head and shoulders more knowledgable than children in many other countries?! How dare he!
Lmfao! Crazy ole Daffy! Always good for a laugh.
<quoted text>
Sh!t what a liar you are.
Yo B talkin out yo @ss wit dis sheeeit waz yo problem N sheeeit!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Milita...

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#154568 Feb 16, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand either concept - evidence or possibility.
Events occur every day for which there previously existed no evidence. According to you, as you do not believe these events possible, you are proven wrong every day.
I only prove you wrong once every week or so. So I'm probably wasting my time then.
Absence of evidence is evidence of absence.

Not proof of absence, but certainly evidence of absence.

We must continue to weigh the evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 57 min Gillette 1,046
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 3 hr Friend of all 14,455
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 8 hr thetruth 29
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow 8 hr thetruth 6
Why Christians should stick up for atheists 8 hr thetruth 8
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 19 hr QUITTNER Nov 27 2014 31
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Wed Richardfs 1,423

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE