Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
148,441 - 148,460 of 224,164 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I recall Rick Perry's urging fellow Texans to three days of prayer to alleviate the 2011 drought. All those people locked in prayer, pleading with god for much needed rain and they received - nothing. I wonder how many people thought this will show the world that god does indeed exist? Bet there was a lot of head scratching and doubt after that debacle.
Rick Perry, a politician, was pandering to voters. We had the chance to see him on the national stage and he washed out. Kind of like the itsy bitsy spider that went up the water spout. The rains did come and washed him all out.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't say anything worth discussing.
Your rants remind me of the Tasmanian Devil. A whirlwind of growling, grunting, hissing, spitting and garbled words.

All we get out of it is that you’re angry.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think Dave's a Muslim. You've got your religions mixed up.
Christians don't blow up buildings or clinics or force religion in public schools...
You right they spontaneously blow up.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rick Perry, a politician, was pandering to voters. We had the chance to see him on the national stage and he washed out. Kind of like the itsy bitsy spider that went up the water spout. The rains did come and washed him all out.
Doesn't that mean that all the people praying were, "not real christians", too?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't say anything worth discussing.
And yet here we are - having a discussion.

huh....

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
Your rants remind me of the Tasmanian Devil. A whirlwind of growling, grunting, hissing, spitting and garbled words.
Now, now. I've seen ole BlackSheep makes sense once.

He said "the".

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I do like the excuse that since we do not have the holy spirit guiding us, we cannot understand the bible; yet there are far too many opposing 'christian' sects for that to be true.
When you’re biased and try to read in the bible your own twisted demented interpretation you miss out on it’s intended meaning.

Let’s go back to the first grade so you can have a better understanding.

First grade reading book.“See Spot run!”

Now we all know “Spot” was a dog and the dog was running.

But if you were giving us the interpretation you would being telling us that “Spot,” was mustard on someone’s shirt and it was dripping downward.

This is the very reason you are not allowed to teach the First grade because you are f**ked up.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! I have talked to three of your characters today! Why the privilege?

So far, you have made several inaccurate statements and hurled silly insults, whilst I have remained calm. How does that make you feel?

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Faceless creator!?!? Are you forgetting that he waked with Adam and sat down with Abraham? Now if jesus had visited every group of people, you may have a leg to stand on, but he didn't and you don't.
I do like how you try to make me out to be the foolish one. LOL! Nice!
The church said that the Earth was the center of the Universe. Science said, "Nope! Nowhere near the center." Yet believers are wiser!
The church said that if a woman could not get pregnant, it was god's will. Science said, "Nope! We have ways around most problems." Yet believers are wiser!
And so on... Yet believers are wiser!
We would still be living in cave and dying of simply cured diseases and conditions.
No one has to try to make you out to be the foolish one.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You say this, and yet if it had rained during those three days of prayer, you'd be throwing your hat in the air along with hundreds of thousand of believers declaring that god answered their prayers by providing a miracle. Don't tell me you wouldn't.
Well yes, I would have but God knows the heart of men. He knows that our beloved Governor of Texas is vain. And God is not going to play the fiddle for an egotistical self centered individual pandering to the voters.

If you know the bible, it talks about prayer as being private and discourages those who walk around praying to draw attention to themselves. I question Rick Perry’s motives.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! I have talked to three of your characters today! Why the privilege?
So far, you have made several inaccurate statements and hurled silly insults, whilst I have remained calm. How does that make you feel?
It makes me feel I'm talking to the Tasmanian Devil.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't that mean that all the people praying were, "not real christians", too?
I didn’t say Rick Perry wasn’t Christian. I just think he was being a politician pandering to the voters. If you watch national weather Texas has been getting plenty of rain. It’s no longer in a drought.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes me feel I'm talking to the Tasmanian Devil.
Well stop talking to yourself.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>A quantum foam fart.

Just like in your hot tub.

You're a creator of universes, Dave.
A foam fart?
Sense you seem to be a fart expert why not open a thread on fart types and you and all your buddy's can chat all day about your fart types.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn’t say Rick Perry wasn’t Christian. I just think he was being a politician pandering to the voters. If you watch national weather Texas has been getting plenty of rain. It’s no longer in a drought.
Guess what, it rains sooner or later.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>You'll pay for that! My Holy Almighty God, Jet Black, will see to that! You just wait and see!
So this is where you've gone off (The Deep End).

Lets put your god to the test, what do you say about that?

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
You right they spontaneously blow up.
Sometimes they do blow up spontaneously. Methane gas is a natural substance that can leak into buildings. It can even be found in fresh water wells. And you are a teacher?

Sunday Feb. 3, 2013

MEXICO CITY (KABC)-- A gas buildup is believed to be the cause of the explosion in Mexico City last Thursday at the headquarters of the Pemex oil company.
The blast killed 37 people and injured dozens of others. It was the petroleum giant's worst disaster in more than a decade.
Attorney-General Jesus Murillo Karam said an investigation found no evidence of explosives in the blast that collapsed several lower floors of the Petroleos Mexicanos administrative building.
"We've been able to determine that the explosion was caused by an accumulation of gas in the basement of the building," he said. "This explosion, at its peak, generated an effect on the structures of the floors of the building, first pushing them up and then causing them to fall, and that was the primary cause of deaths in the building."
The methane gas was apparently ignited by a spark from an electrical fault. The source of the methane gas has not yet been identified.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story...

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess what, it rains sooner or later.
Sometimes, When I lived in Arizona for five years. I only remember it raining once.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Well stop talking to yourself.
Doesn't the Tasmanian Devil live in your neck of the woods?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I believe you mean INSIGHT......your welcome!!! And thank you!!!
This could be, I'm not sure but I doubt I would leave the whole word in all capitalize letters. One would think I would learn to read my own post before I hit post button, seeing as to how the iPhone does love to change words on me, not saying its all the iPhone but at least two thirds are iPhone word swap outs. The the word "SO" it always changes to "DO" I ask WHY! Why does it always change SO to DO? I think my iPhone is demon possessed!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 35 min Igor Trip 21,393
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Patrick 217
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 12 hr DonPanic 1,285
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 15 hr religionisillness 271
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 15 hr religionisillness 370
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Thu religionisillness 834
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... Thu Patrick 16
•••
•••