Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#154462 Feb 15, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Faceless creator!?!? Are you forgetting that he waked with Adam and sat down with Abraham? Now if jesus had visited every group of people, you may have a leg to stand on, but he didn't and you don't.
I do like how you try to make me out to be the foolish one. LOL! Nice!
The church said that the Earth was the center of the Universe. Science said, "Nope! Nowhere near the center." Yet believers are wiser!
The church said that if a woman could not get pregnant, it was god's will. Science said, "Nope! We have ways around most problems." Yet believers are wiser!
And so on... Yet believers are wiser!
We would still be living in cave and dying of simply cured diseases and conditions.
No one has to try to make you out to be the foolish one.

Southern Illinois

#154463 Feb 15, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You say this, and yet if it had rained during those three days of prayer, you'd be throwing your hat in the air along with hundreds of thousand of believers declaring that god answered their prayers by providing a miracle. Don't tell me you wouldn't.
Well yes, I would have but God knows the heart of men. He knows that our beloved Governor of Texas is vain. And God is not going to play the fiddle for an egotistical self centered individual pandering to the voters.

If you know the bible, it talks about prayer as being private and discourages those who walk around praying to draw attention to themselves. I question Rick Perryís motives.

Southern Illinois

#154464 Feb 15, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! I have talked to three of your characters today! Why the privilege?
So far, you have made several inaccurate statements and hurled silly insults, whilst I have remained calm. How does that make you feel?
It makes me feel I'm talking to the Tasmanian Devil.

Southern Illinois

#154465 Feb 15, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't that mean that all the people praying were, "not real christians", too?
I didnít say Rick Perry wasnít Christian. I just think he was being a politician pandering to the voters. If you watch national weather Texas has been getting plenty of rain. Itís no longer in a drought.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#154466 Feb 15, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes me feel I'm talking to the Tasmanian Devil.
Well stop talking to yourself.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#154467 Feb 15, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>A quantum foam fart.

Just like in your hot tub.

You're a creator of universes, Dave.
A foam fart?
Sense you seem to be a fart expert why not open a thread on fart types and you and all your buddy's can chat all day about your fart types.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#154468 Feb 15, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnít say Rick Perry wasnít Christian. I just think he was being a politician pandering to the voters. If you watch national weather Texas has been getting plenty of rain. Itís no longer in a drought.
Guess what, it rains sooner or later.

Location hidden

#154469 Feb 15, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>You'll pay for that! My Holy Almighty God, Jet Black, will see to that! You just wait and see!
So this is where you've gone off (The Deep End).

Lets put your god to the test, what do you say about that?

Southern Illinois

#154470 Feb 15, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
You right they spontaneously blow up.
Sometimes they do blow up spontaneously. Methane gas is a natural substance that can leak into buildings. It can even be found in fresh water wells. And you are a teacher?

Sunday Feb. 3, 2013

MEXICO CITY (KABC)-- A gas buildup is believed to be the cause of the explosion in Mexico City last Thursday at the headquarters of the Pemex oil company.
The blast killed 37 people and injured dozens of others. It was the petroleum giant's worst disaster in more than a decade.
Attorney-General Jesus Murillo Karam said an investigation found no evidence of explosives in the blast that collapsed several lower floors of the Petroleos Mexicanos administrative building.
"We've been able to determine that the explosion was caused by an accumulation of gas in the basement of the building," he said. "This explosion, at its peak, generated an effect on the structures of the floors of the building, first pushing them up and then causing them to fall, and that was the primary cause of deaths in the building."
The methane gas was apparently ignited by a spark from an electrical fault. The source of the methane gas has not yet been identified.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story...

Southern Illinois

#154471 Feb 15, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess what, it rains sooner or later.
Sometimes, When I lived in Arizona for five years. I only remember it raining once.

Southern Illinois

#154472 Feb 15, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Well stop talking to yourself.
Doesn't the Tasmanian Devil live in your neck of the woods?

Location hidden

#154473 Feb 15, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I believe you mean INSIGHT......your welcome!!! And thank you!!!
This could be, I'm not sure but I doubt I would leave the whole word in all capitalize letters. One would think I would learn to read my own post before I hit post button, seeing as to how the iPhone does love to change words on me, not saying its all the iPhone but at least two thirds are iPhone word swap outs. The the word "SO" it always changes to "DO" I ask WHY! Why does it always change SO to DO? I think my iPhone is demon possessed!

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#154474 Feb 15, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes they do blow up spontaneously. Methane gas is a natural substance that can leak into buildings. It can even be found in fresh water wells. And you are a teacher?
Sunday Feb. 3, 2013
MEXICO CITY (KABC)-- A gas buildup is believed to be the cause of the explosion in Mexico City last Thursday at the headquarters of the Pemex oil company.
The blast killed 37 people and injured dozens of others. It was the petroleum giant's worst disaster in more than a decade.
Attorney-General Jesus Murillo Karam said an investigation found no evidence of explosives in the blast that collapsed several lower floors of the Petroleos Mexicanos administrative building.
"We've been able to determine that the explosion was caused by an accumulation of gas in the basement of the building," he said. "This explosion, at its peak, generated an effect on the structures of the floors of the building, first pushing them up and then causing them to fall, and that was the primary cause of deaths in the building."
The methane gas was apparently ignited by a spark from an electrical fault. The source of the methane gas has not yet been identified.
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story...
That seems to happen a lot in the U.S.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#154475 Feb 15, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes, When I lived in Arizona for five years. I only remember it raining once.
So, I have seen droughts last over seven years, but the rain always come back with the possible exception of Antarctica.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#154476 Feb 15, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't the Tasmanian Devil live in your neck of the woods?
Yer I have one as a pet, better than a guard dog.

Location hidden

#154477 Feb 15, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
Listen all!

If you are not one of god's chosen, you are not allowed to quote the bible!

There are 38,000+ sects of god's chosen, they can't even agree on whether jesus is god or not, but they are the fu[kin' chosen and you best not fu[king forget it!

Now stop quoting the bible! You are just trying to make our god look bad!

Sorry that I had to get ROTC tough on you.
ROFLOL!!!!!

Bawwwhahaha.

Pretty good!

Location hidden

#154478 Feb 15, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>Do you realize that if the slave died straight away, the master was punished, but if the slave suffered for a day or two, the master was not punished?

First, what god would say that it was OK to own slaves?

Second, what god cannot be more precise than, "a day or two"?

Third. why did god require that the slave suffer for a day or two?

Lastly, do you realize that many non-believers in your god, at that time, did not allow slavery?
What is 4+4=?

Dolt! Lol

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#154479 Feb 15, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
What is 4+4=?
Dolt! Lol
What has basic arthritic got to do with slaves or is that genuine question about math? In that case the answer is 8 and I suggest you go back to school.
Turkey

Oswego, NY

#154480 Feb 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Real psychos and Topix atheists have one thing in common that is most telling. They both think they are absolutely sane and everyone else is crazy. Two things. They make their own reality.
Goodnight.
I nominate Dave for nobel prize. Or perhaps Buck and Dave in collaboration for nobel prize.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#154481 Feb 15, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
So this is where you've gone off (The Deep End).
Lets put your god to the test, what do you say about that?
4th!!! Cool!

Sure! What do you suggest?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 24 min Gillette 1,040
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 3 hr Ooogah Boogah 14,452
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 4 hr thetruth 29
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow 4 hr thetruth 6
Why Christians should stick up for atheists 4 hr thetruth 8
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 15 hr QUITTNER Nov 27 2014 31
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 21 hr Richardfs 1,423

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE