Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
148,381 - 148,400 of 224,028 Comments Last updated 14 min ago

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Some communists were atheists many were not. Communism and atheism are far different no matter what Faux News told you. Hitler was a vegetarian so do you want to call his crimes vegetarian murders? Millions of dead because of vegetarianism?

Not even you would be that stupid. Close but not that stupid. Again I ask and again you will run away because you weren't programmed on how to answer this question. Name the totalitarian leader who said we do this in the name of atheism? Show the quote?

Naturally you can't.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how much you want to disembark from the Atheist crimes against humanity. They have accounted for over 200 million deaths. The Atheism went with the Communism and the Communism went with the Atheism. They were hand and hand.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't passing judgment, I was merely pointing out how ridiculously hypocritical your morality is.
How, exactly, is "my morality" hypocritical?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
Didn't Elijah show people that your god is all powerful and can light fires from heaven? With drenched wood nonetheless! Don't you think that your god could put on a little show for us?
If he is too weak or too busy, I understand.
Are you that incompetant?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
How many kids would the price of an assault weapon feed?
That depends on who's paying for it.

If a citizen pays maybe $500-$2000, you can bet the government is "paying" $10,000.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me the it does work!
What is "the it"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Not all Christians believe Jesus is god and not all Christians are trinitarians. So if you belong to a non trinitarian church Jesus would not be your god.
<quoted text>
It's still an ignorant queston. No matter is a Christian believes in Jesus or not, God is still God. And for the Christians that do believe in Jesus, Jesus IS God.

So asking a Christian "Which god" is an ignorant question.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Actually it was mainly theists who were behind forced prayer from being removed from school.

I guess Fox News just wants you to blame everything on atheists eh?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks fo r not disagreeing.
Atheist.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Why would a totalitarian leader like Stalin care? He said whatever the hell he wanted to whenever the hell he wanted to. You are dodging the question show where any of the murderous totalitarian leaders ever said or even were that they were killing in the name of atheism?

If you are unable your argument is null and void.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There are none.
Nobody would stand before a crowd, hoping to get elected, and announce that they're an atheist.
Atheism is not a cause worth dying for.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

More was wasted on building churches, mosques, synagogues.

By contrast, the LHC can benefit everyone.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is the world's largest and highest-energy particle accelerator. It was built by the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) from 1998 to 2008, with the aim of allowing physicists to test the predictions of different theories of particle physics and high-energy physics, and particularly prove or disprove the existence of the hypothesized Higgs boson[1] and of the large family of new particles predicted by supersymmetric theories."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Col...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Col...
How many of those children died because the money to feed them was diverted to build a toy for theoretical physicists?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely not!
But jesus had to die for us to be forgiven. god planned it that way and someone had to kill jesus for the rest of us to have a chance.

You sure don't know much about your mythology, do you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Actually it was mainly theists who were behind forced prayer from being removed from school.
I guess Fox News just wants you to blame everything on atheists eh?
<quoted text>
Yes, it's fun. Those damn Catholics.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
But jesus had to die for us to be forgiven. god planned it that way and someone had to kill jesus for the rest of us to have a chance.
You sure don't know much about your mythology, do you?
Ya but I'm not Jesus. And Jesus didn't die, so.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Why would a totalitarian leader like Stalin care? He said whatever the hell he wanted to whenever the hell he wanted to. You are dodging the question show where any of the murderous totalitarian leaders ever said or even were that they were killing in the name of atheism?
If you are unable your argument is null and void.
<quoted text>
Not "in the name of" atheism, but in pursuit of an state which was atheist.

Atheists have killed plenty of people. Stalin, Pol Pot, and Mao Tse Tung were all atheists, and killed around 20 million, 1.5 million, and 40 million respectively.

Do some reading on the Reign of Terror (1793-4) in France...

The enactment of a law on October 21, 1793 made all suspected priests and all persons who harbored them liable to death on sight. The climax was reached with the celebration of the Goddess "Reason" in Notre Dame Cathedral on November 10. Because dissent was now regarded as counterrevolutionary, extremist enragés such as Hébert and moderate Montagnard indulgents such as Danton were guillotined in the spring of 1794. On June 7 Robespierre, who had previously condemned the Cult of Reason, advocated a new state religion and recommended that the Convention acknowledge the existence of God. On the next day, the worship of the deistic Supreme Being was inaugurated as an official aspect of the Revolution. Compared with Hébert's somewhat popular festivals, this austere new religion of Virtue was received with signs of hostility by an amazed Parisian public.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus didn't die?!?!? Then what did he sacrifice?

Your mythology has more twists and turns than any other that I have studied!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You like to pretend that prayer doesn't work, huh?
Believe me, it's not much of a stretch.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You like to pretend that prayer doesn't work, huh?
I recall Rick Perry's urging fellow Texans to three days of prayer to alleviate the 2011 drought. All those people locked in prayer, pleading with god for much needed rain and they received - nothing. I wonder how many people thought this will show the world that god does indeed exist? Bet there was a lot of head scratching and doubt after that debacle.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep tellin' yourself that, cupcake.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely not!
Some christians would disagree with you.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That depends on who's paying for it.
If a citizen pays maybe $500-$2000, you can bet the government is "paying" $10,000.....
Do you vote republican?

I forget.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus didn't die?!?!? Then what did he sacrifice?
Your mythology has more twists and turns than any other that I have studied!
<Christian>"It's metaphorically and allegorically hyperbolical simile and rarely literal..."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••