Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258476 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#154507 Feb 15, 2013
They have medicine for hearing voices, you need not suffer.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he "walked" with Adam & "sat with" Abraham, you've concluded that God has a face?
I've felt God's presence & I've heard His voice, but I did not see Him....

Scottsburg, IN

#154508 Feb 15, 2013
Geriatric Dave and the Alzheimer's of doom strikes again.

Silly old George Burns look alike.
Dave Nelson wrote:
heBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
My GOD said 4 + 4 = 8. Your god did not answer. Maybe he is busy somewhere else?
<quoted text>
I could see BS's god having to do that. Probably went to school a long time to learn that neat trick. Ain't education grand?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#154509 Feb 15, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did you tell your teacher it was 9?
LOL! I did not tell my teacher that it was 9, she told me. Back then, an elementary student did not talk back or contradict the teacher.

She taught us that we should question authority.

The next Sunday, when I was in Sunday school, I started asking all those questions that I had and was afraid to ask.

After a few questions, the teacher got a bit upset and told me not to question god. I was sent to the preacher who very quickly told me the same thing.

Is your god afraid of questions form a fifth grader?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#154510 Feb 15, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians are easily confused, talking livestock,
Snakes, witches, devils, and arithmetic???
FAGIDDABOUDIT!
example: 1+1+1=1
Give them a break
Right! And they are not allowed to ask any questions! And if they do, they must accept the answer, no matter how stupid.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#154511 Feb 15, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheer up... Try not to laugh!
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...
Mike Murdock is one of my all time favorites! Another is Dr. Gene Scott!

Lucky for us, Scott is dead!
Freewheelin Franklin

Denver, CO

#154512 Feb 16, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did you tell your teacher it was 9?
This Langoliers guy is a total scumbag and consistently suggests dangerous cures to sick people on another forum. It is really all about him getting the attention his little underdeveloped mind needs.

On the other forum he is very deceptive and posts under many names, do your best to stay away from this lunatic.

United States

#154513 Feb 16, 2013
If only we could harness the power of Dave's fails and errors, we could put the Saudi's put of business.
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Here's his real words;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =f8U_JveHS8EXX

United States

#154514 Feb 16, 2013
That wouldn't surprise me. What was he suggesting they do, stop taking their insulin and pray instead? Post a link if you can.
Freewheelin Franklin wrote:
<quoted text>
This Langoliers guy is a total scumbag and consistently suggests dangerous cures to sick people on another forum. It is really all about him getting the attention his little underdeveloped mind needs.
On the other forum he is very deceptive and posts under many names, do your best to stay away from this lunatic.

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#154515 Feb 16, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! I did not tell my teacher that it was 9, she told me. Back then, an elementary student did not talk back or contradict the teacher.
She taught us that we should question authority.
The next Sunday, when I was in Sunday school, I started asking all those questions that I had and was afraid to ask.
After a few questions, the teacher got a bit upset and told me not to question god. I was sent to the preacher who very quickly told me the same thing.
Is your god afraid of questions form a fifth grader?

Then you grew up?
Imhotep

Lakeland, FL

#154516 Feb 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"An atheist doesn’t have to be someone who thinks"
I can accept that.
Any more truths you have to post?
'Out of context'! You should know better!

You must be - another Fox News addict!

Try again. ;)
An atheist doesn’t have to be someone who thinks he has a proof that there can’t be a god.
Imhotep

Lakeland, FL

#154517 Feb 16, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Right! And they are not allowed to ask any questions! And if they do, they must accept the answer, no matter how stupid.
Smirk. ;)

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Imhotep

Lakeland, FL

#154518 Feb 16, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike Murdock is one of my all time favorites! Another is Dr. Gene Scott!
Lucky for us, Scott is dead!
Excerpt:

Bob Jones: Big-mouthed Bigot from the Boondocks

The son of a Confederate soldier and Alabama sharecropper, the young and poorly educated Bob Jones (1883-1968) discovered a youthful talent for memorizing scripture.

With a natural flair for oratory, the "boy preacher" warmed the hearts and softened the brains of the yokels. At 15 Bob was already an itinerant Methodist and on his way to Jesus loot, an enterprise he continued for half a century, until upstaged by the new boy on the block and dangerous liberal, Billy Graham.

Proudly intolerant, Jones was a racist, anti-Catholic, anti-Darwinian, who supported the Klan. In 1927, with the tide of history moving against religious reactionaries, BJ put money into the Bob Jones College (later University), the purpose of which was to train missionaries and teach the "Christian alternative" to reality.

http://jesusneverexisted.com/sheep.html

La Veta, CO

#154519 Feb 16, 2013

Scottsburg, IN

#154520 Feb 16, 2013
Are you for real George Burns look a like? Seriously? The French Revolution??

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaha!

Thanks again for confirming you have been a Christian all along. I don't think anyone was buying the former atheist turned deist lie you were telling on here.
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W orkweek_and_weekend
Thank God.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Revolutio...
Thank atheists.(one day off out of ten}

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#154522 Feb 16, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
My GOD said 4 + 4 = 8. Your god did not answer. Maybe he is busy somewhere else?
I think he doesn't speak sh*thead.

La Veta, CO

#154526 Feb 16, 2013
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/16/tech/innovation...

Topix atheists will not see the weakness in their methodology. They will immediately fall to the floor and genuflect to these scientists.

Instead of using their brains, they smash things and sift through the pieces looking for clues, when they already have enough.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#154527 Feb 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/16/ tech/innovation/science-explor ation/index.html?hpt=hp_c2
Topix atheists will not see the weakness in their methodology. They will immediately fall to the floor and genuflect to these scientists.
Instead of using their brains, they smash things and sift through the pieces looking for clues, when they already have enough.
Sh*t the f*ck up you creationist sh*thead.
Imhotep

Lakeland, FL

#154528 Feb 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You think condoms will help you score more in public restrooms?
Obsess much? Desperate?
You are quite reality challenged but provide a glimpse into a disturbed mind. ;)

Your church should anoint you!

Hmm...
Have you noticed the invisible and non-existent look very much alike?

Cmon... your behavior reveals a misplaced pride in punctuating each post with nonsense - step up to the plate for Jesus, defend his many cults, Mormons have a more recent prophet, Joe had more news from???

Christians are unintentionally hilarious, you being a prime example.

No offence Davep
Imhotep

Lakeland, FL

#154529 Feb 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/16/ tech/innovation/science-explor ation/index.html?hpt=hp_c2
Gods pre-Easter sale!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...
Siro

Ashfield, Australia

#154530 Feb 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Sh*t the f*ck up you creationist sh*thead.
Nope, thats not proof that God doesnt exist.
And yes I said so!
You dripping bag of medical waste

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 13 min Into The Night 6,083
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 15 min Nemesis 102
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 34 min 15th Dalai Lama 74,670
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 15 hr Subduction Zone 32,062
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 16 hr Dogen 4,040
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Wed John 4,951
News Why do public atheists have to behave like such... Wed Eagle 12 - 4
More from around the web