Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,413)

Showing posts 148,241 - 148,260 of223,312
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...
So quoting the words of another quack reveals your intellectual capabilities in presenting your beliefs?
Should I quote the Bible for you?

Quacks wrote it
Quacks believe it
Quacks sell it on TV

Faith is Rewarded to the Same Degree as Disbelief

Someday the realization that if you prayed to God for a given number of things, and then prayed to a rock for that same number of things, the chances are very good that the rock and God would answer roughly the same number of times.

After all is said and done, every God seems to answer in roughly the same proportion, unless of course... for the 100% rate of failure for such requests as healing an amputee or ďmoving a mountain.Ē However... Faith can move skyscrapers!
Allah Akbar!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Don't go patting yourself on the back for thinking you taught me something I already know.

[QUOTE] Too bad for you what you're describing is science, and NOT religion. Welcome to reality. "

Too bad for you that you don't understand that science & religion are partners.
They could be, but they're not.

As long as idiots like you and buck and Dave refuse to acknowledge the existing evidence of evolution, religion will remain the enemy of science.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
True. But their non beliefs are only concerning God. I can sit here and write that I believe in leprechauns, I think Casper was really a friendly ghost, he wasn't evil-he was friendly. They wouldn't argue either of those at all.
That's what these atheists here don't realize that the only thing they're "skeptical" on is God.
When somebody advocates putting the Ten Commandments of Casper in a school or government building, I'll be all over them. So far, it hasn't been a big problem.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Golly Gee man,[blushing] you didnít have to say it like that. Now Iím all embarrassed, ah shucks.
No problem! I will stand up for you and all your other characters! You guy(s) are tops!

Tell us again about Mao, Zinoviev, Kaminev, Fidel Castro, Lenin
Trotsky!

Hey! What about Hitler? You didn't give up on the, "Hitler was an Atheist", bit, did you!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>It's people like you that think we're divided. We ARE one nation - indivisable.

It doesn't matter what an AMerican's religion - or lack thereof - is, we're all Americans and all out for very similar goals.

Stop trying to divide us.

It's a shame you don't see that.
You're the blind one.

That post is proof of that.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
Which god?
God.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That kind of thinking helps atheists feel better about their beliefs.
....er, um... non-beliefs.
Oh, you guy(s) got us! Atheism is a religion. We have faith that there is no god. You guy(s) are so smart.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, that was the conversation.
You can see at each step what the comment was that the reply was addressed to and it goes step by step.
If you'd care to find any side comment that fits into this discussion, please cite your reference.
You are a bunch of discombubulated in your logic, or whatever it is. Plues, the burden of proof is really not on me. It is on those that claim life can come from raw chemicals. If it didn't, then the default is it was created by something, just like our experience with matter. We can shape and transform it. It doesn't do it all by itself. They will at least have to create conditions that existed at the time, and get at least a spark. No maybe could haves.

Your links were not to the message. They were to the page. On Firefox you will right click on the message number and select Copy Link Location for the particular message.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:

If an Atheist is responsible for mass murder itís perfectly fine according to Atheist.[position X]
If itís someone masquerading as a Christian then itís horrendous. This is why they never mention these Atheist Leaders you mentioned. Theyíre ok with it.
wilderide wrote:
Straw man arguments like that just show the poverty of facts [position Y] on your side.
Person A (Eagle) has position X.
Person B (wilde) presents position Y.
Person B attacks position X.
Therefore X is false/incorrect/flawed....

You are the one making the straw man fallacy, Wilde.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So far, the "theory" of intelligent design is nothing more than a hypothesis.
And its only "evidence" is that we haven't figured out exactly how life started yet.
Evolution doesn't even address abiogenesis, but you've already been told this a thousand times, so I don't expect you'll ever get it.
You are on the retarded side, aren't you?

Find me a computer that wasn't made by man. Find me a Philips No. 2 screwdriver that wasn't made by man.

Maybe could haves don't cut it, poopsie.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
And its only "evidence" is that we haven't figured out exactly how life started yet.
HA HA HA!!!!

Can you explain how the human eye could've randomly evolved from a single celled organism.

(Just the eye is fine)
Evolution doesn't even address abiogenesis
Yes it does. I've showed you that a hundred times...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
All life is evidence of abiogenesis. Only the process isn't known.
Oh boy.... Didn't you JUST ridicule ID as being only a hypothesis? And now you defend abiogenesis as if its fact?!

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
There are two types of Topix atheist. Generically speaking.
There is only one type of Dave Nelson. Geriatrically speaking.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
All life is evidence of abiogenesis. Only the process isn't known.
HA!

Check it out:

All life is evidence of intelligent design. Only the process isn't known.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you like to know?
Why are magnets magnetic?

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So far, the "theory" of intelligent design is nothing more than a hypothesis.
Evolution doesn't even address abiogenesis, but you've already been told this a thousand times, so I don't expect you'll ever get it.
The proof Atheist need can be found ďIn the beginning.Ē

Thatís the mystery that you need to resolve. Itís not in the theory of evolution but how everything started.

Self starting and self creation of life in the beginning is not possible. The reason I say that it has never been done by scientist, ever. It has not occurred on Mars.

This Earth is so unique we have founding nothing like it in the solar system that is remotely close to where we live. Scientist donít have a clue if there is life elsewhere.

I tend to believe there is life elsewhere but like the Earth they had a designer or life architect. The bible does talk of a new heaven and a new Earth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
They could be, but they're not.
As long as idiots like you and buck and Dave refuse to acknowledge the existing evidence of evolution, religion will remain the enemy of science.
Eh?

I acknowledge the *existing* evidence of evolution. But it's so full of holes, patches & guesswork, we can't call ToE fact.

It is a fact life organic life forms can evolve.

It is not fact that all organic life has evolved from a single common ancestor (or even multiple common ancestors).

That's the bullshit you've been fed, digested, but haven't shut back out yet. You'd just live it if people like Buck, Dave & I would just follow along & play sheep with you mindless morons.

Do NOT call yourself a freethinker, Aero.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
When somebody advocates putting the Ten Commandments of Casper in a school or government building, I'll be all over them. So far, it hasn't been a big problem.
When Casper helps to form the most powerful, happiest & prosperous country in history - then you might just enjoy the Casper Commandments every now & then....

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Life on Earth originated and then evolved from a universal common ancestor approximately 3.8 billion years ago."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution
Sounds like evolution's theory is dependant on the origin of life...
Life being on this planet is dependent on the origin of life. Duh. The question is, was it through biochemical interactions or supernatural magic.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"when" we find life on Mars?
You are no skeptic. You are no free-thinker. You're indoctrinated.
I didn't say we would. I asked what your reaction would be. So, show us you have such an open mind. What would your reaction be assuming we actually did find clear evidence that there has been life on Mars?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 148,241 - 148,260 of223,312
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••