Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,411)

Showing posts 148,201 - 148,220 of216,353
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What bad legislation are you referring to?
ANY bad legislation.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The bucket is not the gimmick for him. They would hear the music. Grab the Electric Tears, Electric Sea, Colma, and Look Up There albums and you would never visualize a guy with a chicken bucket on his head.
You are a musical snob. Blinded by your illusion of education in the theory of it.
Music is written in math. It is passed on as math. It takes the individual to listen to it and interpret it, or to modify it to add a little punch. Bending notes and such.
You made reference to your surviving in a rough business earlier. That is because you are self promoter, which trumps real music appreciation. You are biased, let us say.
Plus your taste in music sucks.
:-)
If it wasn't a gimmick he would have NO reason to look so ridiculous, it a gimmick because his music is so vapid, get over it.

Music IS NOT written by MATH, sorry you're so stupid.

Did you know they dedicated a song to you in the Wizard Of OZ. Its called IF I ONLY HAD A BRAIN!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, if you watch Brian Carroll play you will note his hand is all over that guitar neck and his plucking fingers are flying. Plus his pushing buttons on the equipment. And nice sounds come out. You can assume he knows music. He is acknowledged as as a guitar virtuoso.
Not even close to what Jazz guitarist do. Give it up numbnuts, you know nothing about music and are impressed with flying fingers and no substance.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You prove life can be initiated from raw chemicals first.
They have been trying for thousands of years.
Why? Biological evolution doesn't address, nor is it dependent on, how life started. Evolution simple states that biology on this planet evolves.

Science has some evidence for earlier life that lead to a number of hypotheses concerning how life got started, but no evidence that it might have been magical deities.

You are welcome to make up any mythical fantasy you want for how life started. Without some evidence, it's just so much made up BS. But if it gives your life meaning, go for it.

It doesn't change biological evolution.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If an Atheist is responsible for mass murder itís perfectly fine according to Atheist.
If itís someone masquerading as a Christian then itís horrendous. This is why they never mention these Atheist Leaders you mentioned. Theyíre ok with it.
All atrocities are horrendous, I just don't try to falsely attribute them to a lack of belief in deities.
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Darth Bob wrote:
I don't even really like the term atheist. I just go by nullafidian -- that is a person without any beliefs.
Copy that!

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You could've just said "I can't answer that. All I know is that scientists says it's true & I believe them."
It would've been the same thing...
You wish.

I actually paid attention in school, read, studied, visited museums (one of my favs is Museum national d'histoire naturelle in Paris).

You should try it some times.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
We know Religion is a myth, you (closet hypocrite) suspect it yourself or you would not be reading content found in atheist forums. Jesus has his eye on you in particular David.
Your problem is simply RELIGION
The Christian view that all intercourse outside marriage is immoral was based upon the view that all sexual intercourse, even within marriage, is regrettable.
A view of this sort, which goes against biological facts, can only be regarded by some people as a morbid aberration. The fact that it is embedded in Christian ethics has made Christianity throughout its whole history a force tending towards mental disorders and unwholesome views of life.
The Church had devastating impact upon society. As the Church assumed leadership, activity in the fields of medicine, technology, science, education, history, art and commerce all but collapsed.
Technology disappeared and the Church became the most cohesive power in Western society. The extensive aqueduct and plumbing systems vanished.
Orthodox Christians taught that all aspects of the flesh should be reviled and therefore discouraged washing as much as possible.
Toilets and indoor plumbing disappeared. Disease became commonplace as sanitation and hygiene deteriorated. For hundreds of years, towns and villages were decimated by epidemics.
Europe entered the Dark Ages.
ďOrganised religion is violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism, tribalism, and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children.Ē
~Christopher Hitchens
You haven't got a damned clue as to what you are talking about.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Jazz sounds like shit because it usually is. Once in a while it comes together. Kind of like your abiogenesis.
You react so badly when someone is out of your step. Tsk.
Topix atheists have such limited perspectives. Gee, if I told one their wife was the worst piece of ass I ever had they would fly into a reactive rage and never consider the fact may be I just didn't inspire her to perform like they did. Ego does get in the way of human relations.
Just for you, something you can understand, something that is musically on your level. Something you can easily relate to....ready......row row row your boat....gently down the stream...you know the rest, have fun with it. LOL How does it feel to completely embarrass yourself in front of everyone? Dickwad!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Biological evolution doesn't address, nor is it dependent on, how life started. Evolution simple states that biology on this planet evolves.
Science has some evidence for earlier life that lead to a number of hypotheses concerning how life got started, but no evidence that it might have been magical deities.
You are welcome to make up any mythical fantasy you want for how life started. Without some evidence, it's just so much made up BS. But if it gives your life meaning, go for it.
It doesn't change biological evolution.
Your logic system is a bit crippled, as is your ability to follow a discussion.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact scientist have not been able to see life self create from sterile soil and rocks is enough proof. It has not happened in laboratory experiments. It hasnít happened on Mars or anywhere in the cosmos.
And when we find evidence of life on Mars what will your apologetic be?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Not even close to what Jazz guitarist do. Give it up numbnuts, you know nothing about music and are impressed with flying fingers and no substance.
You are insane.

Buckethead do jazz, too. Lots of dubbing. All sorts of things. He has put out 40 albums. He composed most of his own stuff.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Just for you, something you can understand, something that is musically on your level. Something you can easily relate to....ready......row row row your boat....gently down the stream...you know the rest, have fun with it. LOL How does it feel to completely embarrass yourself in front of everyone? Dickwad!!!!!
Oompah oompah oompah oompah

A one anna two anna three

Have I reached your level yet?

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a better link for ya:
http://www.treasury.gov/about/education/Pages...
Oh ya, you're still wrong, by about 100 years.
Yes, numerous Treasurer have put it on various coinage, but it was NOT put into law until 1956.

I was born in 1953. "god" was added to our pledge in 1954.

And look at the problems we have now with church-state separation issues. Like I said divided by "god" and the Catholics.

But you keep whining, it becomes you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>If it wasn't a gimmick he would have NO reason to look so ridiculous, it a gimmick because his music is so vapid, get over it.
Music IS NOT written by MATH, sorry you're so stupid.
Did you know they dedicated a song to you in the Wizard Of OZ. Its called IF I ONLY HAD A BRAIN!!!
Like I said, you ain't got no poetry in you.

Not only does it give him a private life, concealing his identity a bit, but is also a platform for listening to the music. Kind of a music arising from a statue sort of thing. A faceless source of soul. Kiss and your other musical idols are all showbiz.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your logic system is a bit crippled, as is your ability to follow a discussion.
Well, it is easy to see that your reply here doesn't actually address anything.

Care to elucidate?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oompah oompah oompah oompah
A one anna two anna three
Have I reached your level yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Capture that with your oompahs.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Anybody here know anything about magnets?
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>None of their actions were motivated by atheism and none would have been any better for being religious.
Religion = superstition
Atheists can not be trusted with power.
Ask anyone who has lived under communism

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact scientist have not been able to see life self create from sterile soil and rocks is enough proof. It has not happened in laboratory experiments. It hasnít happened on Mars or anywhere in the cosmos.
Yeah! And if the high school navy rotc says that there is no life in the cosmos, it's because he has been everywhere to see for himself!

Now shut the fuck up and listen to the boy! Everyone of his characters is richer, smarter, has better children, a bigger house, and fancier cars than you will ever have!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 148,201 - 148,220 of216,353
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••