Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,400)

Showing posts 147,981 - 148,000 of222,980
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Atheists are fighting against something they don't believe exists. It's like writing blogs against Caspar the Friendly Ghost or Bilbo Baggins. Why would you bother?
2. Atheists spend more time writing on Christian blogs than they do on their own. Just more gas on a nonexistent fire.
3. Atheists love to act intellectual until you catch them doing something illogical and then they scream profanities cause that's really intellectual.
4. Atheists have the word theist in their name. Every time they say who they are they call attention to God.
5. Atheist condemn all that's wrong with Christianity and yet can not produce one work of art, literature or sacrificial deed done in the name of atheism. Even they realize it's not worth dying for.
6. Atheists only believe in what their senses tell them unless its Darwin telling them things that happened billions of years ago, then they have more faith than a Catholic at First Communion.
7. Atheists believe in science unless the scientist believe in God, then they denounce the scientist and call him a moron.
8. Atheists believe in their fellow man, unless their fellow man believes in God then they denounce their fellow man and call him a moron.
9. Atheists believe in the great atheists of the past like Andrew Flew unless they change their mind and become theists then they denounce them and call them morons.
10. Atheists don't believe in morons unless they are atheists and then they embrace them and call them intellectuals.
1.) Religion is dangerous. Believing in something without evidence is ludicrous.

2,) Unfounded, completely without support....like your God.

3.) Thats because most of us are!!!

4.) A theist mean unbelief. So every time we say who we are, it called attention to our non-belief.

5.)"Atheist cannot produce ONE work of Art".....Holy shit, your lack of education and awareness is astonishing. No works of Art. here is a list of ATHEIST composers who produced some of the most astounding works of art....Dimitri Shostakovick...Nikolia Rimsky Korsakov...Richard Strauss...Verdi....Berlioz...B rahms...Maurice Ravel......Oh and Billy Joel and Frank Zappa. What complete and utter ignorance you possess, unbelievable!!!

6.)As apposed to believing in Imaginary beings and magic events. And worse, shaping their and their children's lives over them.

7.)Some "scientists" do believe in God, "science" however is silent on the subject as it ca nobly investigate that which exists in the naturalistic realm.

8.) In many cases it is warranted.

9.) Atheist have NO belief system. How ca you spend all this time on Topix and NOT realize this?

10.) Of course Atheist believe in morons, I'm talking to one now!!!!

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.reuters.com/article /2013/02/14/us-usa-california- cop-idUSBRE91A11B20130214
Interesting. Remember when it couldn't possibly have caused the fire that burned up all those men, women, and children at Waco?
That Waco thing was a cluster f**k by the Federal Government. Using military tanks against the American People. Iím not saying these nut cases in Waco didnít need to be prosecuted. But those kids didnít deserve to be gassed and burned to death.

And it all lead to Timothy McVeigh retaliation in Oklahoma City. More innocent people died. Gross mismanagement by Federal Agencies.

In retro speck they should have built a double fence around the compound in Waco. Manned it and waited until however long it took for them to turn themselves in.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) Religion is dangerous. Believing in something without evidence is ludicrous.
2,) Unfounded, completely without support....like your God.
3.) Thats because most of us are!!!
4.) A theist mean unbelief. So every time we say who we are, it called attention to our non-belief.
5.)"Atheist cannot produce ONE work of Art".....Holy shit, your lack of education and awareness is astonishing. No works of Art. here is a list of ATHEIST composers who produced some of the most astounding works of art....Dimitri Shostakovick...Nikolia Rimsky Korsakov...Richard Strauss...Verdi....Berlioz...B rahms...Maurice Ravel......Oh and Billy Joel and Frank Zappa. What complete and utter ignorance you possess, unbelievable!!!
6.)As apposed to believing in Imaginary beings and magic events. And worse, shaping their and their children's lives over them.
7.)Some "scientists" do believe in God, "science" however is silent on the subject as it ca nobly investigate that which exists in the naturalistic realm.
8.) In many cases it is warranted.
9.) Atheist have NO belief system. How ca you spend all this time on Topix and NOT realize this?
10.) Of course Atheist believe in morons, I'm talking to one now!!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_atheism

Seems atheism, and the advancement of it, can get very pro-active at times. Which, of course, being an active thingy denotes a certain belief in the course of pro-activity being correct, and requires submission to the belief it is a proper course to take. Thus a religion of the avowed irreligious is created, meaning those that were "unbelievers" become de facto believers in unbelief. A commitment to action requires belief.

Or something like that.

The bottom line is this unbelief proposed by Topix atheists is in fact a bunch of bullshit.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
That Waco thing was a cluster f**k by the Federal Government. Using military tanks against the American People. Iím not saying these nut cases in Waco didnít need to be prosecuted. But those kids didnít deserve to be gassed and burned to death.
And it all lead to Timothy McVeigh retaliation in Oklahoma City. More innocent people died. Gross mismanagement by Federal Agencies.
In retro speck they should have built a double fence around the compound in Waco. Manned it and waited until however long it took for them to turn themselves in.
Billary had the power to end that circus long before it ended that way. They let those children be terrorized by the actions taken, such as the bright lights, loud music, deprivation, and general siege threats.

Ed Brown, a tax evader, was holed up in a fortified bunker with outside help for a long time. He had vowed he would not be taken alive, and he had supporters coming and going. The Feds, under George Bush, kept a low profile siege, and a much cheaper one. An agent sneaked in as one of Ed brown's supporters. One agent. He told Brown he was under arrest and it was all over. Not one drop of blood spilled.

It amazes me there are people in this country that worship Hilary.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsk.
If you can get something out of some of that stuff you think is good, you can certainly get something out of that. We spoke about the Topix atheist ability to create their own reality.
I must confess I am having a hard time understanding how a trumpet player can be a music critic. They are notorious for blowing hot air and making noise. Something all brass instruments entail. It takes woodwinds, flutes, and stringed instruments to elicit emotions from other human beings. Non-Italian opera voices, also. Bells can be very good, too. I love the celesta.
I thought brass bands were created solely for the purpose of providing employment for blowhards after high school.
One can not be a trumpet player and have the sensitivity to impart true emotion into their renderings. Or to have those imparted to them.
Ever hear The Apricot Tree by Djanov Gasparyan? Armenian duduk. Very soulful. Have it played at your funeral. Everyone will cry, even those that didn't know you. And perhaps some of those that did.
Your complete lack of knowledge on the subject is startling. You certainly come off as though you're some kind of intellectual genius, but this just puts you in a category of musical idiocy. Trying to illicit an angry response from me is a rather childish tact, and would have thought well beneath you. I don't usually provide free education, but seeing how desperately you need it, I'll suspend my usual fee.

Lets first begin with the fact that you are completely ignorant when it comes to understanding music, on any level. Your stupid comments on the brass family bear that out. Your first assignment is to listen to the opening of Mahler's 8th symphony and relate the importance of the brass family, yes that includes the trumpets. Next the opening of Strauss's (an Atheist composer) Also Sprach Zarathustra. A piece of music so filled with passion it has been used in numerous Movie scores, used in Stanley Kubrick's 2001. Elvis even used it to open his Las Vegas show. Now go back to the ending of Mahler's 8th symphony and tell me what impact the brass have, include the offstage trumpets. The test will NOT be graded on a curve, so pay attention.

What make s me a music critic? I am not only a performer (trumpet player) but a composer/arranger, and a full professor with a doctorate in composition. I do clinics, teach selected students privately, compose commissioned pieces, arrange for an assortment of vocalists and other performers, teach master classes at the college level, and review graduation portfolios for college seniors.

You are limited to a machine like mind, you're way out of your league here. Stick to your magnet and string and leave the emotions and passions of music to the creative mind, and the superior intellect.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Billary had the power to end that circus long before it ended that way. They let those children be terrorized by the actions taken, such as the bright lights, loud music, deprivation, and general siege threats.
Ed Brown, a tax evader, was holed up in a fortified bunker with outside help for a long time. He had vowed he would not be taken alive, and he had supporters coming and going. The Feds, under George Bush, kept a low profile siege, and a much cheaper one. An agent sneaked in as one of Ed brown's supporters. One agent. He told Brown he was under arrest and it was all over. Not one drop of blood spilled.
Many lives could have been saved.Bright lights could do it, nor loud music. BUT....if they had played some "bucketed"REALLY LOUD that just might have driven them out of hiding.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
For some reason, I feel a responsibility to help the poor slob.
Hey, do you think somebody has earned the Dorner Million? If so, who?
Poor Eagle. Do you think you're helping?

I don't know about Dorner, I haven't been following it since yesterday. Is he dead or what?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If anyone has ever hit the nail on the head you certainly have.
I didn't write it, but #1 was the best:

1. Atheists are fighting against something they don't believe exists. It's like writing blogs against Caspar the Friendly Ghost or Bilbo Baggins. Why would you bother?

Why DO they spend so much time "battling" something they claim to not believe in?

It's friggin hilarious.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems atheism, and the advancement of it, can get very pro-active at times. Which, of course, being an active thingy denotes a certain belief in the course of pro-activity being correct, and requires submission to the belief it is a proper course to take. Thus a religion of the avowed irreligious is created, meaning those that were "unbelievers" become de facto believers in unbelief. A commitment to action requires belief.
Or something like that.
The bottom line is this unbelief proposed by Topix atheists is in fact a bunch of bullshit.
He can only smile at the twisting had turning, the tap dancing, the desperate attempt to include Atheists in the Theists belief system. It's as though they are so embarrassed by their mystical beliefs they can't stand the thought of anyone NOT encumbered with these foolish beliefs.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
You really need to stop projecting so much....

If you weren't such a cherry picking weasel, you would've read the whole thing. It said atheists cannot produce one work of art in the name of atheism.

You have no right to call others ignorant.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Or something like that.
Of course atheists believe.

They believe God doesn't exist.

They cannot back that belief up and call it a fact.

It's only their belief.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
Of course Atheist believe
See, Dave?

(Although I think it meant to write "atheists"....)

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only their belief.
I have to hand it to you, you and Dave Nelson are possibly the pair of the dumbest godbots on the planet. Your complete lack of comprehension about the meaning of the words "belief" and "non belief" is staggering.

The only reason you want to attach that word to atheists is you want to try and drag us down to your level.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to stop projecting so much....
If you weren't such a cherry picking weasel, you would've read the whole thing. It said atheists cannot produce one work of art in the name of atheism.
You have no right to call others ignorant.
I do so love to watch you twist and turn and try and backtrack. You are entertaining, totally scientifically illiterate, but entertaining. Oh, BTW we don't do sacrificial deeds, only Theists and their demon God do that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to hand it to you, you and Dave Nelson are possibly the pair of the dumbest godbots on the planet. Your complete lack of comprehension about the meaning of the words "belief" and "non belief" is staggering.
The only reason you want to attach that word to atheists is you want to try and drag us down to your level.
So then do you think that non-belief equals fact??

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed it was a horrible mess that cost a lot of souls.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only their belief.
You're sentence is malformed. It should read:

They don't believe gods exist.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Atheism belief I must bet it all in one life.
ďIĒ represents Atheist.
I must be a raging as*hole.
I must be angry all the time.
I must deny Christians their civil rights.
I must be a member of the communist party.
I must not give to the United Way.
I must not give to charity.
I must not be kind to others.
I must always think about me.
I must be rude and crude.
I must be mean to children.
I must not have any morals.
I must be deviant.
I must twist the truth.
I must destroy the truth.
I must encourage hate.
I must blame everything on Christians.
I must lie.
I must cheat.
I must steal.
I must beat the neighbors dog.
I must be disrespectful.
I must believe religion is the source of all evil.
I must be evil and wretched.
What are the odds? 1 in 80 million Atheist donít adhere to the above?
Error atheism isn't a belief and that's the list of rules that christians have to fallow when they meet someone who is an atheist or isn't a member of the same sect

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>That day arrived many years ago.

Several repeatable published experiments indicate phenomena that would require the re-thinking of present scientific models.

Of course, it's easier to pretend they don't exist.

It's not science till some atheist scientist says it's science.

I get that. Reminds me of the Pharisees.
Sure there are.

And lots of links to them.

Which, of course, you can't be bothered to provide.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Coward, unable, or stupid, which is it?
All three.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 147,981 - 148,000 of222,980
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 6 hr Texas 21,326
Our world came from nothing? 6 hr Patrick 15
Introducing The Universal Religion 8 hr NightSerf 718
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 13 hr ChristineM 802
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 17 hr Buck Crick 324
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 18 hr Mikko 1,274
The Ultimate Evidence of God Jul 7 Ben_Masada 18
•••
•••