Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 240047 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#154062 Feb 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's quite sad to see so many evolutionist athibots with no proof of no god, still continuing their campaign of lies.
I'm sorry that you don't have any proof of god and must lie about atheists to further your cult.

It just demonstrates how poor your morals are to us folks.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#154063 Feb 14, 2013
Big ole ruby red dress, everybody laughs
Say she's got no future and never made no past

Topix atheists.

"IF" they ever had their nasty asses saved in spite of themselves, they will just chalk it up to their own cunning and good luck. Never a divine hand attempting to learn em something.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#154064 Feb 14, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
As a professor and a player your study of music has been a formula based understanding and application. Very mathematical and rigid. This will of course affect your appreciation of it. Like I said, you appear to be on each standard classical music snob. Orchestral music requires math because of the amount of instruments involved. That type of music is your basis of music belief.
Jazz is supposed to be improv, which is why so much of it sounds like shit, but for some reason you will have people like yourself claim it is beautiful, and assume a position of superior musical tastes because you have made sense out of cacophony in your own allegedly math based brain. You people have issues. Too much ego overriding real sensation.
High school kids rapping out a beat on their books can get a groove going on in their audience. A note bent at particular moments can can change the whole character of a song. This expression from the personal time line and emphasis on notes, which may not be mathematically perfect, from one soul can elicit more emotional response than your marching music.
I will guarantee you that if you and Buckethead were playing out in a field the biggest crowd will gather around the guy wearing the bucket and mask. You would only get a bigger crowd if you had a serious promotional campaign to get out your fellow pretentious music critics. Real people wandering by will be attracted to that which attracts their soul.
This is an opinion from the end process of the music industry. The one that does the buying. The real critics.
:-)
Holy Shit, you're so far out of your league and just to stupid to realize it. I fully understand how the dispassionate and machine like mind that you possess would assume that composition and music in general, was reduced down to mathematical equations. You sound completely dumb ass when you make comments like, "orchestral music requires math because of the amount of instruments involved." You have no f--king clue, too funny.

Once againJazz sounds like shit to the uneducated and musically illiterate mind. Jazz has never been, not will it ever be, the popular music of the day. The listening experience take a sense of history, and musical awareness, coupled with an appreciation for the art form. You do realize that jazz is the only art form that belong to America. You don't have the intellect for Jazz, or for any sophisticated form of music. Stick to your one Chord wonder, and leave the adult mimic to the adults.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#154065 Feb 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet you blame God for Oscar Peterson's kidney failure, huh?
If God is omnipotent, God is responsible for everything, remember?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#154066 Feb 14, 2013
The_Box wrote:
Not at all. Where did you get that garbage?
You said "But in our country, religion gets a free pass. It shouldn't."

That implies you want to alter the 2nd Amendment...
No kidding. I said nothing about preventing your beliefs. I said they need to be CHALLENGED.
Why? Why do you think it "needs" to be challenged?

You don't believe in live & let live?
In only a few states.
That's a start. It's gonna take a while.
Evolution is science. Sorry, you'll always have to worry about education occurring in schools.
Really? Which part? The part that says all life on earth came from one life?

Prove it before you start indoctrinating our kids with it.
Creationism is religious mythology.
Prove it.
A load of crap. The Religious Right wants abortion to be illegal and the most extreme elements want even contraception to be illegal. Listen to politicians like Rick Santorum. He thinks people's bedrooms are a legitimate domain of the government, which should make sure they're doing the right,'godly' things. And this isn't a crackpot who has 2 followers; he was a major GOP candidate for President.
The government has come to think that the whole of ours lives is their business. I can't help that & it's not my fault.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#154067 Feb 14, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
If God is omnipotent, God is responsible for everything, remember?
Why?

You are infinately more powerful than an ant. Are you resposible when they get flooded out & die when it rains? Is it your fault they're too ignorant to not make a home outdoors?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#154068 Feb 14, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
I'm sorry that you don't have any proof of god and must lie about atheists to further your cult.
It just demonstrates how poor your morals are to us folks.
I'm sorry that you have no proof that God doesn't exist.

Stop lying and pretending that you do.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#154069 Feb 14, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>I was not impressed with the quality of it.
That's ok.

Your opinion is worthless.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#154070 Feb 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Ya, I got it. Just wanted to clarify that he believes in a god.

Not a true atheist, is he?

And to have a god that is a word? Strange....

Reason:

Noun
A cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event.
Wrong "reason".

Your definition would be appropriate in the sentence, "The reason for your ignorance is religion."

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#154071 Feb 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You said "But in our country, religion gets a free pass. It shouldn't."
That implies you want to alter the 2nd Amendment...
...do you mean the 1st Amendment?

And, no, it doesn't imply anything like that. Your reading comprehension is atrocious. My statement was clearly and undeniably about criticism.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why? Why do you think it "needs" to be challenged?
You don't believe in live & let live?
Because it's a bad idea. Why should bad ideas go unchallenged?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
That's a start. It's gonna take a while.
And why is it going to take a while? Christianity.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Really? Which part? The part that says all life on earth came from one life?
Prove it before you start indoctrinating our kids with it.
Scientific theories are not proven. They are evidenced.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Prove it.
Been done. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwards_v._Aguil...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The government has come to think that the whole of ours lives is their business. I can't help that & it's not my fault.
I didn't say it was your fault. But some Christians DO use it to get their Christian beliefs into other people's business. That's a problem.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#154072 Feb 14, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Holy Shit, you're so far out of your league and just to stupid to realize it. I fully understand how the dispassionate and machine like mind that you possess would assume that composition and music in general, was reduced down to mathematical equations. You sound completely dumb ass when you make comments like, "orchestral music requires math because of the amount of instruments involved." You have no f--king clue, too funny.
Once againJazz sounds like shit to the uneducated and musically illiterate mind. Jazz has never been, not will it ever be, the popular music of the day. The listening experience take a sense of history, and musical awareness, coupled with an appreciation for the art form. You do realize that jazz is the only art form that belong to America. You don't have the intellect for Jazz, or for any sophisticated form of music. Stick to your one Chord wonder, and leave the adult mimic to the adults.
Jazz sounds like shit because it usually is. Once in a while it comes together. Kind of like your abiogenesis.

You react so badly when someone is out of your step. Tsk.

Topix atheists have such limited perspectives. Gee, if I told one their wife was the worst piece of ass I ever had they would fly into a reactive rage and never consider the fact may be I just didn't inspire her to perform like they did. Ego does get in the way of human relations.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#154073 Feb 14, 2013
The_Box wrote:
And, no, it doesn't imply anything like that. Your reading comprehension is atrocious. My statement was clearly and undeniably about criticism.
Of course.....

The atheist doesn't like what I'm saying so he accuses of poor reading levels....

Typical.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#154074 Feb 14, 2013
The_Box wrote:
Because it's a bad idea. Why should bad ideas go unchallenged?
Do you have the slightest clue that YOU think religion is a "bad idea" and should terefore be challenged?

Why are you so intollerant?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#154075 Feb 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you atheists always ask the stupidest questions?

That has nothing to do with the fact that you are arguing against something you claim to be a non believer of.

Why?
You keep saying we are arguing against something we don't believe exists.

You keep trying to convince yourself that we argue against god.

I'm trying to make clear to you, thoroughly that infinitely dense skull of yours that we don't argue against god. We argue against religion.

Religion exists.

God does not.

Dolt.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#154076 Feb 14, 2013
The_Box wrote:
And why is it going to take a while? Christianity.
Of course. Blame the "bad idea" for not promoting your "good idea"....

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#154077 Feb 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>What are YOU talking about?

Atheist bigotry exists as well, Aero.

Don't pretend like it doesn't.

You're doing an awful lot of shouting for something you claim to have no belief in.....
I would say that you can't possibly be this stupid, but that would be a lie.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#154078 Feb 14, 2013
The_Box wrote:
Scientific theories are not proven. They are evidenced.
So which part of ToE has been evidenced? If there's 100 parts to ToE,.005% of them have been evidenced. Why teach it as pure fact?

Location hidden

#154079 Feb 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course.....
The atheist doesn't like what I'm saying so he accuses of poor reading levels....
Typical.
I said ideas should be criticized and you accused me of wanting to overturn the Constitution.

If that isn't shit reading comprehension, I don't know what is.

Location hidden

#154080 Feb 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have the slightest clue that YOU think religion is a "bad idea" and should terefore be challenged?
...yes.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why are you so intollerant?
Thanks for proving my point. Religion gets kid gloves.

Criticize an economic idea? Ok.
Criticize a political idea? Ok.
Criticize a scientific idea? Ok.
Criticize a practical idea?
Criticize art or media? Ok.
Criticize a religious idea? "Why are you so intollerant?"

Religion has to make itself immune to criticism because it can't hold up to any.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#154081 Feb 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Of course.....

Typical.
You are growing more dishonest by the day.

I didn't think that was possible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 7,665
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 hr thetruth 19,147
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 6 hr The_Box 139
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 10 hr Reason Personified 166
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 11 hr Reason Personified 14,660
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 11 hr Thinking 2,237
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) Mon NoahLovesU 7,514
More from around the web