Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258461 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#154043 Feb 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>It's true.... Why are atheists fighting against something they don't believe exists??

Why don't they spend any time trying to get out anti-Casper blogs? Or anti-Bilbo Baggins blogs?

Answer: Because they don't believe in Casper or Bilbo....
Religion exists.

Ignorance exists.

Dogma exists.

Religious bigotry exists.

WTF are you talking about?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#154044 Feb 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>But it's not me that's arguing against something I have a non belief in, it's you.

I wouldn't waste 10 seconds of my life arguing against leprechauns or ghosts, I'm a non-believer in both.
Does religion exist?

Dolt.

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#154045 Feb 14, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't like his post, did you Dave.
I was not impressed with the quality of it.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#154046 Feb 14, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
A picture is worth a thousand words. A song can sum it all up in minutes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YyChmkPKi0IXX
People are emotional creatures. It is part of the overall scheme of expression by higher powers. They push buttons and play notes to get some action going. Simple minds are math heads just plodding along.
You were in the Army. You know you have to be taught to march, to follow the cadence set by someone else. You and your fellow plodder alongers holler a lot and make noise with your hot air pumping machines trying to get everyone to follow your cadence. You don't realize you are the ones out of step.
Get some poetry in your soul. Get you a duduk and emote.
So no proof of god then. Keep lying, we'll keep laughing at how many different ways you can try to articulate "I have absolutely no proof of god, but god is real I tellz ya, honest!"

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#154047 Feb 14, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Its quite sad to see so many creationist godbots with no proof of god, still continuing their campaign of lies.
It's quite sad to see so many evolutionist athibots with no proof of no god, still continuing their campaign of lies.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#154048 Feb 14, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix atheists by and large are marxists and/or sexual deviates.
These creatures think in terms of slogans as used in commie countries like north korea, they use the same sort of mantras as used by terrorist groups like the red army faction of germany, red brigades etc with their 'peoples revolutionary liberation struggle' and so on.
The hatred of God and viewing him as an enemy to be destroyed is compulsory to their political thinking not rational thinking.
They then merely rename their political thought as 'rational thought' and peddle it from there.
Their mental poison comes from the Frankfurt School of marxism, a combination of narcissism, hedonism and ultimately nihilism and probably something else.
And their "rational thought" & "skepticism" ends when a calculator can't give them any answers.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#154049 Feb 14, 2013
The_Box wrote:
I've already told you.
Society is a mix of ideas. Some are good, some are bad. They all must be challenged. If someone says trickle-down economics is the best way to help the poor, people will stand up and say "That's crap." But in our country, religion gets a free pass. It shouldn't.
So then your ultimate goal is to overturn the Constitution?

Just as you have every American right to not believe, I have every American right to believe.

That, my boy, is freedom.

Enjoy it. Embrace it.
Really? So the gay friends can get married now? I can stop worrying about Christians trying to put Creationism and reconstructed history in schools? Christians have given up trying to strip funding for women's reproductive health?
Yes, gays can marry.

You can stop worrying about creationism when we stop worrying about evolutionism.

No, republicans are trying to make people understand that if a woman wants an abortion, it should NOT be federally subsidized. Pay for it yourself, bitch.

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#154050 Feb 14, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
So no proof of god then. Keep lying, we'll keep laughing at how many different ways you can try to articulate "I have absolutely no proof of god, but god is real I tellz ya, honest!"
There are two types of Topix atheist. Generically speaking.

You have those that are so enamored with the technical aspects of existence that they lost sight of the greater picture and kind of blunder about in a maze they can't get out of. A jeweler's loupe is a great device, but you don't want to walk around with it on.

Then you have those with the technical aspects rattling around loose in the case.

Get you a tube. Have a friend or someone to assist you.

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/threadlocking-...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#154051 Feb 14, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the second to last line, dipshit.
Ya, I got it. Just wanted to clarify that he believes in a god.

Not a true atheist, is he?

And to have a god that is a word? Strange....

Reason:

Noun
A cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event.
Thinking

Cullompton, UK

#154052 Feb 14, 2013
Excellent deconstruction. You're very patient with the hard of thinking.
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
The word 'creates' is a strange one here, but OK.
<quoted text>
This is false. For example, the center of mass in the Earth-Moon system is inside the earth. The location where the gravitational forces 'cancel' is fairly close to the moon. the 'wobble' is around the first.
<quoted text>
Wrong. The force produced by two masses on a third does not have to be directed towards the center of mass of the two.
<quoted text>
Huh?
<quoted text>
very nicely described by the vector addition of the different forces. But you don't think math applies here.
<quoted text>
If the masses are orbiting, the distances won't close: for two masses, the distance will be periodic.
<quoted text>
Well, the center of mass of two objects is always between the two.
<quoted text>
And here you go from simple ignorance to flat-out kook. The rest of your diatribe goes downhill from here.
Seriously, Dave, go get a book about this stuff and read it. The universe doesn't work the way you seem to think. And yes, the ideas in the books have been tested repeatedly over the last few centuries. They actually work in practice.
Thinking

Cullompton, UK

#154053 Feb 14, 2013
Straw man.

"deviates"?
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix atheists by and large are marxists and/or sexual deviates.
These creatures think in terms of slogans as used in commie countries like north korea, they use the same sort of mantras as used by terrorist groups like the red army faction of germany, red brigades etc with their 'peoples revolutionary liberation struggle' and so on.
The hatred of God and viewing him as an enemy to be destroyed is compulsory to their political thinking not rational thinking.
They then merely rename their political thought as 'rational thought' and peddle it from there.
Their mental poison comes from the Frankfurt School of marxism, a combination of narcissism, hedonism and ultimately nihilism and probably something else.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#154054 Feb 14, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
Does religion exist?
Dolt.
Why do you atheists always ask the stupidest questions?

That has nothing to do with the fact that you are arguing against something you claim to be a non believer of.

Why?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#154055 Feb 14, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
Religion exists.
Ignorance exists.
Dogma exists.
Religious bigotry exists.
WTF are you talking about?
What are YOU talking about?

Atheist bigotry exists as well, Aero.

Don't pretend like it doesn't.

You're doing an awful lot of shouting for something you claim to have no belief in.....
Siro

Ashfield, Australia

#154056 Feb 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And their "rational thought" & "skepticism" ends when a calculator can't give them any answers.
Bob of Quantum-Faith is a prime example, he quotes me and then calls me a racist even though there is no mention of race in what he has quoted me or even the thread he quoted me from.
Atheists use marxism because it is a shrink wrapped ideology with no thinking required.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#154057 Feb 14, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Straw man.
"deviates"?
<quoted text>
Ah.... Typical Topix anti-theist.

Read the first line only, the hit the reply button.....
Siro

Ashfield, Australia

#154058 Feb 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's quite sad to see so many evolutionist athibots with no proof of no god, still continuing their campaign of lies.
And yet Skeptic claims the the non existance of God has been proven, but when you ask for this evidence all you get is 'God doesnt exist because I said so'.
Thinking

Cullompton, UK

#154059 Feb 14, 2013
Zero marx out of ten for you.[sic]
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob of Quantum-Faith is a prime example, he quotes me and then calls me a racist even though there is no mention of race in what he has quoted me or even the thread he quoted me from.
Atheists use marxism because it is a shrink wrapped ideology with no thinking required.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#154060 Feb 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So then your ultimate goal is to overturn the Constitution?
Not at all. Where did you get that garbage?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Just as you have every American right to not believe, I have every American right to believe.
No kidding. I said nothing about preventing your beliefs. I said they need to be CHALLENGED.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yes, gays can marry.
In only a few states.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You can stop worrying about creationism when we stop worrying about evolutionism.
Evolution is science. Sorry, you'll always have to worry about education occurring in schools.

Creationism is religious mythology.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No, republicans are trying to make people understand that if a woman wants an abortion, it should NOT be federally subsidized. Pay for it yourself, bitch.
A load of crap. The Religious Right wants abortion to be illegal and the most extreme elements want even contraception to be illegal. Listen to politicians like Rick Santorum. He thinks people's bedrooms are a legitimate domain of the government, which should make sure they're doing the right,'godly' things. And this isn't a crackpot who has 2 followers; he was a major GOP candidate for President.
Siro

Ashfield, Australia

#154061 Feb 14, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Zero marx out of ten for you.[sic]
<quoted text>
bah-dum-tsssss!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#154062 Feb 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that you don't have any proof of god and must lie about atheists to further your cult.

It just demonstrates how poor your morals are to us folks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 min It aint necessari... 24,662
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Dogen 51,504
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 hr Richardfs 22,111
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... 4 hr Kissez1138 190
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 8 hr par five 11,404
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 14 hr Eagle 12 1,653
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 15 hr Eagle 12 5,792
More from around the web