Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
147,901 - 147,920 of 226,341 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#153906 Feb 13, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you're keeping an open mind.
Always.

You should try it sometime.

Location hidden

#153907 Feb 13, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody said it but I don't who...
"Peach on earth?
Not as long as religion exists."
~anon
When parents proclaim that their little ones are Christian.
This infers that they comprehend:
1 The Jesus tale as explained in the Bible
2 The concept of heaven & hell
3 The concept of 'faith' in the invisible
4 Original Sin
5 Forgiveness
6 A Triune God (aka Big Daddy, Junior & Spook)
7 Communion
It matters not how much water is sprinkled on their heads, how many magical words are whispered, they haven't the slightest notion what it this about and thus they cannot be a Christian.
It matters not how much water isn't sprinkled on their heads, how many magical words are not whispered, they haven't the slightest notion what it this about and thus they cannot be an atheist.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#153908 Feb 13, 2013

Location hidden

#153909 Feb 13, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Coward, unable, or stupid, which is it?
You're asking yourself a question.

Answer it.

Location hidden

#153910 Feb 13, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doc, I know you said you were in the Army. What did you do in the Army? Any Combat time?
blacklagoon was the base bitch.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153911 Feb 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hush up, peasant.
Get educated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =cFdxJPgqGxEXX
He's educated enough to understand and enjoy the complexity and passion behind the music, and Oscar's unbelievable technique and improvisational skills. Now here is a REAL guitar player. And look, no bucket on his head!!! LOL

Location hidden

#153912 Feb 13, 2013

As good as they got for barrelhouse.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#153913 Feb 13, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Perfectly stated. Passion, power, technique off the scale, and creativity without peer. And a wonderful composer, and inspirational teacher.
Let's visit the other side of the spectrum. What's your take on Sun Ra and his Arkestra?

Location hidden

#153914 Feb 13, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing your myth.
<rolls eyes>
I shall be happy to provide answers to your deepest questions b out religions... ANY of them!
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments, while others stay awake and do them." ~Anonymous
What makes you assume that God isn't real?

Location hidden

#153915 Feb 13, 2013

Location hidden

#153916 Feb 13, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I tell you Doc, I don’t know Buck personally or anyone here on topix for that matter. But I wouldn’t want to fight him in the days of his youth or even today. I agree he is projecting his power house days from his youth.
I believe he was and still may be capable of kicking someone’s ass. Buck realizes his days of his youth have come and gone. As it has for most of us topix posters.
As one gets older our strength is not so much in muscle power but in wisdom that comes with aging.
People like Buck have had some very unique life experiences as you have. His testimony has a place and use in society. Especially to the youth of today. Both of you went in two different directions. And both of you have something to say to young people.
I have something to say to young people...

Pull your damn pants up, put the pot down, get a friggin job & move outta mom's house already!

Location hidden

#153917 Feb 13, 2013

Old acoustic Delta blues was the bestest.

Location hidden

#153918 Feb 13, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
September 11th - The day Allah 'won' and Jesus 'lost'.
Are you another one if the silly atheists that think war is about religion?

Jesus lost nothing on that day. He gained a few thousand souls to join Him.

Satan won, too. Those terrorists had 72 make virgins waiting for them...
Our civilization is not Christian.
"Our"? You mean humanity?

My 'respect' vanished as I watched the 'Day of Prayer' in Washington Cathedral, where people of mutually incompatible faiths united in homage to the very force that caused the problem in the first place: RELIGION.
Ya, seeing people's of different races, creeds & religions coming together in unity is terrible, huh?

O_o
It is time for people of intellect, as opposed to people of faith, to stand up and declare to respect people for what they individually think, rather than respect groups for what they were collectively brought up to believe.
Ah.... Will you now preach your belief of ToE, BBT & abiogenesis?

What makes you think people of faith aren't intellectual?

Provide evidence that your God is the only true God in a way that religions other than yours cannot do.
Provide evidence that your holy book is true in a way that religions other than yours cannot do with theirs.
Until this time, and it will be an eternity - you are only one of many religious cult members - each claiming more or less the same immortality or enlightenment as others.
Faith & trust is earned, we can't simply hand it to you. Are you afraid of a little extra work & diligence?

Location hidden

#153919 Feb 13, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>He's educated enough to understand and enjoy the complexity and passion behind the music, and Oscar's unbelievable technique and improvisational skills. Now here is a REAL guitar player. And look, no bucket on his head!!! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#153920 Feb 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you assume that God isn't real?
What makes you assume the tooth fairy isn't real?

Location hidden

#153921 Feb 13, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Ear Candy for the enlightened, noise for the peasantry!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-rpdxSMgtUcXX
I'll bet you blame God for Oscar Peterson's kidney failure, huh?

Location hidden

#153922 Feb 13, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>He's educated enough to understand and enjoy the complexity and passion behind the music, and Oscar's unbelievable technique and improvisational skills. Now here is a REAL guitar player. And look, no bucket on his head!!! LOL
Buckethead can fingertap with his left and flip a numchuk with his right. You have to dig to see just what he can do. Plus he plays multiple instruments. Drums, guitar, banjo, keyboard. He knows music.

That version of Look Up There is not the best. You really need CD and good equipment to capture the full tonality and bass. It is pretty rich.
Imhotep

United States

#153923 Feb 13, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Perfectly stated. Passion, power, technique off the scale, and creativity without peer. And a wonderful composer, and inspirational teacher.
OP was a treasure... Agree

Few know Aretha's cool material...
http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/xi2kf7

Or These two superb performers!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...

Opinion?

Location hidden

#153924 Feb 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you assume the tooth fairy isn't real?
Nice. A question "answered" with a question....

You're not very good at this.

Location hidden

#153925 Feb 13, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 1 hr Patrick 13
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr Patrick 21,502
Our world came from nothing? 4 hr CunningLinguist 422
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 7 hr Jaimie 46
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 9 hr Patrick 27
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 9 hr Patrick 172
100% Faith Free 13 hr Thinking 11
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••