Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,396)

Showing posts 147,901 - 147,920 of216,866
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít plan on going to hell.
Yes I do think there will be some tele-evangelist there.
Along with the 911 Terrorist among others.
Hell is a difficult place to understand. I donít dwell on it.
I have seen flames and been in flames as a fire fighter. Even burned by a high pressure jet fuel. Thereís no pain like being burned by fire.
Why would God do such a thing as build a place like hell?
God is an extremist, he does everything in extremes. He couldnít just make one star but he made so many they canít be counted. He has a extreme loving side and a extreme angry side.
This is all a joke to Atheist. They remind me of a man named Harry Randall Truman. He lived near Mt St Helens in Washington State. Officials warned him that the Mountain was going to blow. He laughed if off.
He died along with 56 others around the blast zone. Where he stayed in his lodge was buried under 150í of magma and ash. Thatís roughly a 15 story building high.
Atheist always want proof. I think Hell is going be plenty of proof. I donít wish it on anybody. By the time Atheist get to Hell they'll be believers but it will be too late.
Was it faith or science that "officials" used to get their information? I don't think your example works in your favor.
CunningLinguist

Tavares, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít plan on going to hell.
Yes I do think there will be some tele-evangelist there.
Along with the 911 Terrorist among others.
Hell is a difficult place to understand. I donít dwell on it.
I have seen flames and been in flames as a fire fighter. Even burned by a high pressure jet fuel. Thereís no pain like being burned by fire.
Why would God do such a thing as build a place like hell?
God is an extremist, he does everything in extremes. He couldnít just make one star but he made so many they canít be counted. He has a extreme loving side and a extreme angry side.
This is all a joke to Atheist. They remind me of a man named Harry Randall Truman. He lived near Mt St Helens in Washington State. Officials warned him that the Mountain was going to blow. He laughed if off.
He died along with 56 others around the blast zone. Where he stayed in his lodge was buried under 150í of magma and ash. Thatís roughly a 15 story building high.
Atheist always want proof. I think Hell is going be plenty of proof. I donít wish it on anybody. By the time Atheist get to Hell they'll be believers but it will be too late.
'I donít plan on going to hell.'
Atheist do not go to Hell... only Xtians that think it is there

'Yes I do think there will be some tele-evangelist there.'
Which ones? Tammy Faye or Oral Roberts

'Along with the 911 Terrorist among others.'
Isn't it odd both Gods sent their respective 'sheep' to heaven?
She us very mysterious and quite illogical!

'Hell is a difficult place to understand. I donít dwell on it.'
Neither do atheists

'Why would God do such a thing as build a place like hell?'
She is a real BITCH! But like Batman she needs a 'bad guy', hence Satan!

'God is an extremist, he does everything in extremes. He couldnít just make one star but he made so many they canít be counted. He has a extreme loving side and a extreme angry side'.
Then she isn't worthy of respect or worship!

'This is all a joke to Atheist.'
It certainly is and very hilarious just reading the 'Jesus Roach' posts! Thanks for sharing your Mythology with us.

'They remind me of a man named Harry Randall Truman. He lived near Mt St Helens in Washington State. Officials warned him that the Mountain was going to blow. He laughed if off.

'He died along with 56 others around the blast zone. Where he stayed in his lodge was buried under 150í of magma and ash. Thatís roughly a 15 story building high.'
You need to take your Meds... your drifting again...
Harry Speaks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

'Atheist always want proof. I think Hell is going be plenty of proof. I donít wish it on anybody. By the time Atheist get to Hell they'll be believers but it will be too late.'
Proof is very comforting unlike myths which are sometimes entertaining but mostly just laughable... like yours!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered one, nitwit.
I ain't obligated to answer and/or respond to everything query you pose.
Coward, unable, or stupid, which is it?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Afraid?
Gravity is a force, a something that does something. Your substitution for it with an abstract math thingy shows you are disconnected from the real physical aspects.
Simple fact. If you are orbiting in a gravity field 90% of the surface, then your material construction exists in a gravity field 90% of the surface. If you are skydiving you have a continual change in that force until you hit the ground.
I posted that link about center of mass a couple of days ago. A nice description of barycenters and the relative centers of gravity. Gravity works two ways. You have that relative straight line relationship with far distant bodies, but you also have it within the individual bodies themselves. With the same barycenters, etc applying. You have a rippling relationship because of the motion and periodicity on the local scale which does carry on to the distant scale. And it is a two way street. The force of that distant object is added to the local. This is then redirected within the local.
The body's molecular arrangement and development was done in a particular gravity field. This governs the charge relationships and symmetry of those particles. Over a period of time the body changes cells. Time spent in a lower gravity field will result in relative abnormalities in the assembling. The body is being rebuilt in a different environment.
Centrifugal force is very directional. The body was developed where it had varying gravity that extended beyond one direction. Draw a vertical line on a circle. You have lots of mass, all loaded with gravity, tangential to that straight line down we are so used to. That straight down is a result of the most mass concentrated in a straight relatively continuous collection of matter combined with the addition of the gravitational forces from the rest of the cosmos concentrated toward the center. But there is even more in cones emanating from you to the rest of the volume of earth. One reason you can catch your balance when you slip. You have pull on one side being slowed by the pull on other sides.
You almost rank in the category with humble brother
But lets review his assertions before we carry on the repeat performances , and spend wasted time on useless assertions of demented bull shyte. Humble even tried to produce the math to prove himself, but failed. As you fail . You both are in league with a failed hypothesis , that you will try any number of relentless bull crap to restore .
But you always end up empty handed and with excuses for your failure to present anything meaningful
Hb tried hard, much harder than you Dave to substantiate the beliefs you two share.
But n the end, he had only his clutch of his nuts to show for a naught. Zippo that's whAT you GoT.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Yeah and one time at band camp, NASA stopped by and asked me to pilot their rocket! My code name was Neil Armstrong.
Hey, You donít have to believe me but I wore the Yankee uniform. The year was 1967, place Luke AFB, Peewee league. I got two trophyís that year, ha, ha, ha, ha.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it faith or science that "officials" used to get their information? I don't think your example works in your favor.
I think it was a "Combo."

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither do atheists
'God is an extremist, he does everything in extremes. He couldnít just make one star but he made so many they canít be counted. He has a extreme loving side and a extreme angry side'.
It certainly is and very hilarious just reading the 'Jesus Roach' posts! Thanks for sharing your Mythology with us.
'They remind me of a man named Harry Randall Truman. He lived near Mt St Helens in Washington State. Officials warned him that the Mountain was going to blow. He laughed if off.
'He died along with 56 others around the blast zone. Where he stayed in his lodge was buried under 150í of magma and ash. Thatís roughly a 15 story building high.'
Harry Speaks!
'Atheist always want proof. I think Hell is going be plenty of proof. I donít wish it on anybody. By the time Atheist get to Hell they'll be believers but it will be too late.'
Proof is very comforting unlike myths which are sometimes entertaining but mostly just laughable... like yours!
Thank you for taking the time to reply.[Tipping Hat]
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Look closer, GivemeLiverwurst.
Those are called pectoral muscles.
Want it proved the hard way?
Says the 90 pound weakling who posts images of his alter-ego on a publics forum. Me thinks he tries way to hard to impress. Rough and tumble convict, vicious football player, bar fighter, lifetime criminal. Anyone who goes this far out of their way to assume the role of "tough guy" most usually ends up being a 90 pound wimp. A 90 pound wimp with delusions of grandeur. I personally am shaken in my boots!!!!! LOL

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Coward, unable, or stupid, which is it?
Doc, I know you said you were in the Army. What did you do in the Army? Any Combat time?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You almost rank in the category with humble brother
But lets review his assertions before we carry on the repeat performances , and spend wasted time on useless assertions of demented bull shyte. Humble even tried to produce the math to prove himself, but failed. As you fail . You both are in league with a failed hypothesis , that you will try any number of relentless bull crap to restore .
But you always end up empty handed and with excuses for your failure to present anything meaningful
Hb tried hard, much harder than you Dave to substantiate the beliefs you two share.
But n the end, he had only his clutch of his nuts to show for a naught. Zippo that's whAT you GoT.
I will wait until you sober up and hopefully turn that into a more coherent post before doing any meaningful response.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I will wait until you sober up and hopefully turn that into a more coherent post before doing any meaningful response.
You cant even produce a mathematical case for your claim, he produced a faulty one, you produce nothing but lip service.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
Buckethead wrote and played a song for a famous entertainer. One that had some evident identity problems which our Topix atheist can surely relate to.
Really pretty little song. Listen to the very end.
Ahh...it's NOT really a song, but endless rambling in the same tonality. This does NOT do justice to Michael Jackson. Michaels music was original, "groove" orientated, harmonically interesting. This piece starts with an endless soprano ostinato of root fifth one at the octave and back to the fifth, over and over again. The music is extremely diatonic, absolutely no key changes, it would be like sitting at the piano and playing only the white notes. Still no melody, this guy could compose a fully formed melody if you threatened him with Buck Crick. I'll kill for a shift in total center, for a secondary dominant chord, for anything out of the key. Lock me in a room with this and I'll tell you everything about our troop deployments and gun emplacements. I'll give you relaxing, of course there is really nothing to focus your attention, hypnotic music, elevator music, nothing of substance. Even the quick arpeggios at the end were overdubbed to make it sound as though he was playing something complex. Please no more, I'l tell you what you want to know!!! Poor Michael, I hope he never hears this "tribute" I'm sure he can't hear anything, when your dead, your DEAD!!!!

BTW, I' sure you think this is wonderful. I have no problem with what anyone listens to, but to post this as though I'd somehow be impressed and change my mind about the music, was foolish on your part.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave understands the claims he puts forth. You do not.
I recall a certain claim of yours that a 10' stick could be divided into infinite segments of length greater than zero.
That's wildly wrong, and stupid, of course. Because then the stick would be infinite length, not 10'.
But you don't even understand that it is stupid.
And we won't even broach the subject again of your claim that infinite bacteria exist on earth.
Nothing is or can be infinite in space or time. Not the universe, not anything in it.
If you ever get that, then you can start to understand math and physics - maybe.
Any sum can be divided infinitely.
As matter of fact, past time has become infinite because the expansion of space. Space/time expands faster than light so it's really infinite.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither do atheists
Harry Speaks!
To augment your advancement and advocacy of the atheist movement you should really contact some mainstream new media to do a story on the battles being fought here. Have them peek in and see what is going on. Perhaps they may even contact you to get the skinny on it, as you have to be one of the more eloquent spokespersons for atheism. You can provide them with background, which will give you the opportunity to become better known. For myself, and I am fairly certain others on here feel the same way, I think you have to be as good a representative of your non-belief as they can get. Sincerely.
Turkey

Oswego, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Look closer, GivemeLiverwurst.
Those are called pectoral muscles.
Want it proved the hard way?
Please do, that heshe is a real douche. Would you stay and help Dave continue to deal with these topix atheists? After all you are the poster of the year.
CunningLinguist

Tavares, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for taking the time to reply.[Tipping Hat]
Thank you for sharing your myth.
<rolls eyes>

I shall be happy to provide answers to your deepest questions b out religions... ANY of them!

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments, while others stay awake and do them." ~Anonymous

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Says the 90 pound weakling who posts images of his alter-ego on a publics forum. Me thinks he tries way to hard to impress. Rough and tumble convict, vicious football player, bar fighter, lifetime criminal. Anyone who goes this far out of their way to assume the role of "tough guy" most usually ends up being a 90 pound wimp. A 90 pound wimp with delusions of grandeur. I personally am shaken in my boots!!!!! LOL
Well I tell you Doc, I donít know Buck personally or anyone here on topix for that matter. But I wouldnít want to fight him in the days of his youth or even today. I agree he is projecting his power house days from his youth.

I believe he was and still may be capable of kicking someoneís ass. Buck realizes his days of his youth have come and gone. As it has for most of us topix posters.
As one gets older our strength is not so much in muscle power but in wisdom that comes with aging.

People like Buck have had some very unique life experiences as you have. His testimony has a place and use in society. Especially to the youth of today. Both of you went in two different directions. And both of you have something to say to young people.
CunningLinguist

Tavares, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
To augment your advancement and advocacy of the atheist movement you should really contact some mainstream new media to do a story on the battles being fought here. Have them peek in and see what is going on. Perhaps they may even contact you to get the skinny on it, as you have to be one of the more eloquent spokespersons for atheism. You can provide them with background, which will give you the opportunity to become better known. For myself, and I am fairly certain others on here feel the same way, I think you have to be as good a representative of your non-belief as they can get. Sincerely.
September 11th - The day Allah 'won' and Jesus 'lost'.

Our civilization is not Christian. It does not come from the skies. It is not a result of inspiration but the child of human invention.

My 'respect' vanished as I watched the 'Day of Prayer' in Washington Cathedral, where people of mutually incompatible faiths united in homage to the very force that caused the problem in the first place: RELIGION.

It is time for people of intellect, as opposed to people of faith, to stand up and declare to respect people for what they individually think, rather than respect groups for what they were collectively brought up to believe.

Simple task... Are you up to the challenge Dave?

Provide evidence that your God is the only true God in a way that religions other than yours cannot do.

Provide evidence that your holy book is true in a way that religions other than yours cannot do with theirs.

Until this time, and it will be an eternity - you are only one of many religious cult members - each claiming more or less the same immortality or enlightenment as others.
CunningLinguist

Tavares, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Ahh...it's NOT really a song, but endless rambling in the same tonality. This does NOT do justice to Michael Jackson. Michaels music was original, "groove" orientated, harmonically interesting. This piece starts with an endless soprano ostinato of root fifth one at the octave and back to the fifth, over and over again. The music is extremely diatonic, absolutely no key changes, it would be like sitting at the piano and playing only the white notes. Still no melody, this guy could compose a fully formed melody if you threatened him with Buck Crick. I'll kill for a shift in total center, for a secondary dominant chord, for anything out of the key. Lock me in a room with this and I'll tell you everything about our troop deployments and gun emplacements. I'll give you relaxing, of course there is really nothing to focus your attention, hypnotic music, elevator music, nothing of substance. Even the quick arpeggios at the end were overdubbed to make it sound as though he was playing something complex. Please no more, I'l tell you what you want to know!!! Poor Michael, I hope he never hears this "tribute" I'm sure he can't hear anything, when your dead, your DEAD!!!!
BTW, I' sure you think this is wonderful. I have no problem with what anyone listens to, but to post this as though I'd somehow be impressed and change my mind about the music, was foolish on your part.
Ear Candy for the enlightened, noise for the peasantry!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
September 11th - The day Allah 'won' and Jesus 'lost'.
Our civilization is not Christian. It does not come from the skies. It is not a result of inspiration but the child of human invention.
My 'respect' vanished as I watched the 'Day of Prayer' in Washington Cathedral, where people of mutually incompatible faiths united in homage to the very force that caused the problem in the first place: RELIGION.
It is time for people of intellect, as opposed to people of faith, to stand up and declare to respect people for what they individually think, rather than respect groups for what they were collectively brought up to believe.
Simple task... Are you up to the challenge Dave?
Provide evidence that your God is the only true God in a way that religions other than yours cannot do.
Provide evidence that your holy book is true in a way that religions other than yours cannot do with theirs.
Until this time, and it will be an eternity - you are only one of many religious cult members - each claiming more or less the same immortality or enlightenment as others.
You really, really should do as I suggested. Please.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 147,901 - 147,920 of216,866
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••