Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#153828 Feb 13, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'subjective spiritual' aspects of humans were center stage for thousands of years and got us exactly nowhere. Without testable hypotheses and repeatable results, all you have is personal *opinion*, not actual knowledge. But you don't know the difference between the two.
Dave understands the claims he puts forth. You do not.

I recall a certain claim of yours that a 10' stick could be divided into infinite segments of length greater than zero.

That's wildly wrong, and stupid, of course. Because then the stick would be infinite length, not 10'.

But you don't even understand that it is stupid.

And we won't even broach the subject again of your claim that infinite bacteria exist on earth.

Nothing is or can be infinite in space or time. Not the universe, not anything in it.

If you ever get that, then you can start to understand math and physics - maybe.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#153829 Feb 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, duh. I forgot, sorry.
It's the young people that have all the wisdom....
Sure. That's why we got crack cocaine.

And why Justin Beber can sell 'music'.

...and on and on.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#153830 Feb 13, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I recall a certain claim of yours that a 10' stick could be divided into infinite segments of length greater than zero.
That's wildly wrong, and stupid, of course. Because then the stick would be infinite length, not 10'.
And we won't even broach the subject again of your claim that infinite bacteria exist on earth.
Nothing is or can be infinite in space or time. Not the universe, not anything in it.
If you ever get that, then you can start to understand math and physics - maybe.
You tell him, Buck.

Poly reminds me of a kid that learns brain surgery is something where you just cut and reconnect some things in school one day, then comes home real enthused and talks his little sister into being his practice piece. Hopefully he doesn't get too far before that Oh Shit! moment happens.

The boy ain't got enough experience to temper his "knowing".

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#153831 Feb 13, 2013
Lol! Is he a magnet loving Sandusky?
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave don't want you...you're older than 12.

Lexington, KY

#153832 Feb 13, 2013
Sorry Dave I am 20 years to old for you seeing as how you prefer the 12 year old boys like Sandusky.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you are Chunky.
No, Sweet Cheeks, I have other ideas.

Lexington, KY

#153833 Feb 13, 2013
Nice catch! I notice Dave really doesn't think his posts through very well.

Those old synapses of his failing after all the years in church arguing about magnets.
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Weren't you the one bragging about churches being closer than McDonalds?

Lexington, KY

#153834 Feb 13, 2013
Hey Buck Dave has confessed to loving chunky guys! Dude that is all you!
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#153835 Feb 13, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Sorry Dave I am 20 years to old for you seeing as how you prefer the 12 year old boys like Sandusky.
<quoted text>
Chunky, this is not a sexual attraction I have for you. It is a desire to communicate with you. To reach real deep inside you and impart some wisdom. To open your eyes, so to speak.

Lexington, KY

#153836 Feb 13, 2013
So you finally drop all notions of being a deist and flat out admit to being a Christian worshipping the god of Abraham.

Now you and Buck can be together. It's a perfect match!

I wish you and chunky Buck all the happiness as you start your new lives together. Fatass Buck will be the bride seeing as how he has larger breasts than most women.
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C harismatic_Christianity
Atheists can whine and cry and predict the death of religion, but that is the religion of the future.
The reason is soul. Not dogma or organization, but expressions of the individual spirit.
The difference between listening to some math based music from a full symphony, some guy tooting his own horn, or listening to someone like Buckethead, or others that bring the rhythm and emotions in you.
I think modern youngins don't want atheists or hierarchal theists telling them what and how to think.
Jesus is the face of this personal expression. An undefined and personal relationship with the Creator. Just like the message he delivered. Happy to be alive.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#153837 Feb 13, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. That's why we got crack cocaine.
And why Justin Beber can sell 'music'.
...and on and on.
Bieber, dude.

Location hidden

#153838 Feb 13, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
So you finally drop all notions of being a deist and flat out admit to being a Christian worshipping the god of Abraham.
Now you and Buck can be together. It's a perfect match!
I wish you and chunky Buck all the happiness as you start your new lives together. Fatass Buck will be the bride seeing as how he has larger breasts than most women.
<quoted text>
I am so glad you are so representative of Topix atheists. You do an outstanding job.

Out of curiosity, how many out there have had PM's from "GML" wanting to be your buddy?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#153839 Feb 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You only say that because humans are ignorant of exploring and explaining the human spirit.
No doubt someday somebody will figure out how to actually test for and verify that the Spirit actually exists.
And on that day it will become a scientific issue. Not before that.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#153840 Feb 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You only say that because humans are ignorant of exploring and explaining the human spirit.
No doubt someday somebody will figure out how to actually test for and verify that the Spirit actually exists.
That would be fascinating! I'd be more than happy to accept such results, once independently verified.

Would you be as willing to accept the results if it proves there is no such thing?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#153841 Feb 13, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance can be infinite.

I never knew that until you and Dave came along.

How's it going, bucky?

They let you out of restraints again?

Location hidden

#153842 Feb 13, 2013
http://www.viewzone.com/asianwives.html

Heh heh. Interesting article with lots of reality. There are three other parts before this one.

I had exposure to Asian and other foreign wives at an early age. My own and those of guys I served with. Some worked well. Others you could see what was happening.

I was in an outfit that had a big job going on in Korea. Hundreds of brides came back with them. There was a large segment of these women whose first English words learned, other than those dealing with currency, was lawyer and alimony after settling in.

I knew two guys in Turkey that married local women. Married, they had access to the PX and commissary. There were customs limits on Turks on what they could buy. Electronics and such. Very, very high priced on the local market. Very, very cheap and only obtainable through the PX for military personnel. Very nice profit when sold on the black market. When their tours were over and time to go home, the wives cried they couldn't leave their family. You go, leave me PX card.

Ain't love grand?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#153843 Feb 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
To reach real deep inside you and impart some wisdom. To open your eyes, so to speak.
Sounds kind of sexual to me.

(Don't bend over, Catcher.)

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#153844 Feb 13, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no proof of god, give up Dave, your creationist ways are finished and your cult is dead.
I keep asking you the same question.

Where is your proof there is “NO” God?

Since you are so sure there is no God. Share with us your proof.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#153845 Feb 13, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadist,

Location hidden

#153846 Feb 13, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds kind of sexual to me.
(Don't bend over, Catcher.)
Anything involving an as*hole would sexually excite you, Batty.

What are you doing? Did you drop a key or something?

Location hidden

#153847 Feb 13, 2013
Back to belief and belief systems.

The most fanatical fundies see no middle ground when it comes to their spiritual beliefs. Atheists even theists that don't believe the same as them are the same.

Topix atheist see no middle ground in their non-spiritual beliefs. If you reserve judgment on the existence of a deity, then you are one of those fanatical fundies.

No middle ground. Fierce belief in the truth of their beliefs, or non-beliefs.

Ever notice most nuts come in halves?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 10 min Carchar king 1,109
Heaven 3 hr Reason Personified 44
Man center of the universe. 4 hr Reason Personified 159
Evidence for God! 5 hr Uncle Sam 51
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 17 hr fadu singh 23,043
Former Atheist Academic Who Rejected God and Be... Thu Hooogle It 77
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Thu Ooogah Boogah 14,391

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE