Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153791 Feb 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you post this garbage?
The 4 questions go unanswered, why is that? Coward? Can't understand the question? Just plain stupid?
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153792 Feb 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
8 churches, one McDonald's.
Since both are extremely unhealthy, this goes to show what a danger religion is to our society.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#153793 Feb 13, 2013
There was an interesting aspect of the old days and its litter that was kinda beneficial.

Soda bottle deposits. Millions of kids were kept in gum, candy, and other little things from those wonderful little neighborhood stores by picking them up.

Had one of those stores on the way to school. The original owners sold it to a guy that built an addition to it. A couple of years later it was raided. The addition was a gambling den hidden behind a false wall.

People never change.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153794 Feb 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
blacklagoon says:
Christians can't do science.
You enjoy lying, thats why you're so good at it. Blacklagoon NEVER said Christians can't do science, the proof is in reading the post. Blacklagoon said Lying Redneck hillbillies can't do science. I thought lying was a sin!! we know were your headed. LOL
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153795 Feb 13, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/x15z0w_dav...
One of the finest... ;)
I agree!!

Location hidden

#153796 Feb 13, 2013
We had this large military surplus store across the street from the grade school I went to. Back in the 50's this was a little boy's dream. Every so often they would discard things from their inventory and throw it on a truck parked out back. After school you would have dozens of boys in the back of the truck scavenging for treasures. Old helmets, haversacks, miscellaneous and sundry items from the military. Oh, the treasures carried home.

No one from the store interfered. They would watch with amusement. Now they wouldn't let you on the property because of insurance liability.

That place eventually got bought and was turned into the Yahweh Temple. Black Jews. The true Jews who would reclaim the religion from the evil white man. Led by Yahweh Ben Yahweh. With armed guards on the roof. He eventually wound up in jail.

What a place. I drove by a few times and they would hand out their newspaper, which was not white man friendly, from the corner to me. Funny as hell. Some black dude full of the fire handing a white man a newspaper calling for the elimination of the white man. with a gun sitting on the seat in view. We would smile at each other and wish each other a good day.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#153797 Feb 13, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
By anyone who prefers rational thought over superstition. By anyone who sees Christianity's cultural views to be outdated (ie most young people).
Oh, duh. I forgot, sorry.

It's the young people that have all the wisdom....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#153798 Feb 13, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The 4 questions go unanswered, why is that? Coward? Can't understand the question? Just plain stupid?
I answered one, nitwit.

I ain't obligated to answer and/or respond to everything query you pose.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#153799 Feb 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you omitted the part about supporting the rational over the superstitious. I guess you know you're on the latter side.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#153800 Feb 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry that you have no proof of god. maybe one day when you grow up you will discover morals and realise that lying is not a good way to live. You may also realise why atheists don't believe a word you have to say.

I will leave you to continue whining at the fact that you have no proof of god.

Meanwhile you can easily go and get a DNA test which proves you are descended like all of us from a common ancestor to apes. But this fact of life is too difficult for you to comprehend or accept, because you are arrogant and willfully ignorant.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#153801 Feb 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And let's not pretend that senior citizens gathered their cultural leanings based on wisdom. Thanks.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#153802 Feb 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently.

Location hidden

#153803 Feb 13, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charismatic_Chri...

Atheists can whine and cry and predict the death of religion, but that is the religion of the future.

The reason is soul. Not dogma or organization, but expressions of the individual spirit.

The difference between listening to some math based music from a full symphony, some guy tooting his own horn, or listening to someone like Buckethead, or others that bring the rhythm and emotions in you.

I think modern youngins don't want atheists or hierarchal theists telling them what and how to think.

Jesus is the face of this personal expression. An undefined and personal relationship with the Creator. Just like the message he delivered. Happy to be alive.
insidesecrets

Albuquerque, NM

#153804 Feb 13, 2013
To sacrifice the few for the many is to be amoral.

The current amoral scientific belief system is bound to produce destructive action, that is, the attitudes of scientists lead them to be less careful of life than they should be. They separate themselves form the natural world by viewing all life as objects to be examined. They view human life the same way, casting man adrift as meaningless biological debris. This intent automatically alienates the scientist from his own spiritual nature and turns him into a mechanic.

Location hidden

#153805 Feb 13, 2013
insidesecrets wrote:
The current amoral scientific belief system is bound to produce destructive action, that is, the attitudes of scientists lead them to be less careful of life than they should be. They separate themselves form the natural world by viewing all life as objects to be examined. They view human life the same way, casting man adrift as meaningless biological debris. This intent automatically alienates the scientist from his own spiritual nature and turns him into a mechanic.
Bullseye.

Location hidden

#153806 Feb 13, 2013
http://www.barna.org/barna-update/article/18-...

You just can't get past the human soul wishing to be free.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#153807 Feb 13, 2013
insidesecrets wrote:
Do you wish to ban scientific and medical inquiry?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#153808 Feb 13, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you omitted the part about supporting the rational over the superstitious. I guess you know you're on the latter side.
Rational thought is relative, hence the omission.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#153809 Feb 13, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Sorry that you have no proof of god. maybe one day when you grow up you will discover morals and realise that lying is not a good way to live. You may also realise why atheists don't believe a word you have to say.
I already know that, Septic.

Maybe one day you'll realize that theists don't give a crap what atheists have to say.
I will leave you to continue whining at the fact that you have no proof of god.
See? Crap.
Meanwhile you can easily go and get a DNA test which proves you are descended like all of us from a common ancestor to apes. But this fact of life is too difficult for you to comprehend or accept, because you are arrogant and willfully ignorant.
I know we're descended from apes.

And?

Gotcha there, I'm no creationist.

Location hidden

#153810 Feb 13, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you wish to ban scientific and medical inquiry?
Do you wish to be one of the guinea pigs?

It's the only life you will have, remember?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 14 min Eagle 12 2,279
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 1 hr Thinking 142
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 10 hr polymath257 23,199
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 16 hr Yiago 148
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 22 hr thetruth 34
God' existence 22 hr thetruth 67
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists Fri Crazy Mess 1
More from around the web