Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 238923 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#153839 Feb 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You only say that because humans are ignorant of exploring and explaining the human spirit.
No doubt someday somebody will figure out how to actually test for and verify that the Spirit actually exists.
And on that day it will become a scientific issue. Not before that.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#153840 Feb 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You only say that because humans are ignorant of exploring and explaining the human spirit.
No doubt someday somebody will figure out how to actually test for and verify that the Spirit actually exists.
That would be fascinating! I'd be more than happy to accept such results, once independently verified.

Would you be as willing to accept the results if it proves there is no such thing?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#153841 Feb 13, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave understands the claims he puts forth. You do not.
I recall a certain claim of yours that a 10' stick could be divided into infinite segments of length greater than zero.
That's wildly wrong, and stupid, of course. Because then the stick would be infinite length, not 10'.
But you don't even understand that it is stupid.
And we won't even broach the subject again of your claim that infinite bacteria exist on earth.
Nothing is or can be infinite in space or time. Not the universe, not anything in it.
If you ever get that, then you can start to understand math and physics - maybe.
Ignorance can be infinite.

I never knew that until you and Dave came along.

How's it going, bucky?

They let you out of restraints again?

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#153842 Feb 13, 2013
http://www.viewzone.com/asianwives.html

Heh heh. Interesting article with lots of reality. There are three other parts before this one.

I had exposure to Asian and other foreign wives at an early age. My own and those of guys I served with. Some worked well. Others you could see what was happening.

I was in an outfit that had a big job going on in Korea. Hundreds of brides came back with them. There was a large segment of these women whose first English words learned, other than those dealing with currency, was lawyer and alimony after settling in.

I knew two guys in Turkey that married local women. Married, they had access to the PX and commissary. There were customs limits on Turks on what they could buy. Electronics and such. Very, very high priced on the local market. Very, very cheap and only obtainable through the PX for military personnel. Very nice profit when sold on the black market. When their tours were over and time to go home, the wives cried they couldn't leave their family. You go, leave me PX card.

Ain't love grand?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#153843 Feb 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
To reach real deep inside you and impart some wisdom. To open your eyes, so to speak.
Sounds kind of sexual to me.

(Don't bend over, Catcher.)

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#153844 Feb 13, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no proof of god, give up Dave, your creationist ways are finished and your cult is dead.
I keep asking you the same question.

Where is your proof there is “NO” God?

Since you are so sure there is no God. Share with us your proof.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#153845 Feb 13, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Sorry Dave I am 20 years to old for you seeing as how you prefer the 12 year old boys like Sandusky.
<quoted text>
Sadist,

Westcliffe, CO

#153846 Feb 13, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds kind of sexual to me.
(Don't bend over, Catcher.)
Anything involving an as*hole would sexually excite you, Batty.

What are you doing? Did you drop a key or something?

Westcliffe, CO

#153847 Feb 13, 2013
Back to belief and belief systems.

The most fanatical fundies see no middle ground when it comes to their spiritual beliefs. Atheists even theists that don't believe the same as them are the same.

Topix atheist see no middle ground in their non-spiritual beliefs. If you reserve judgment on the existence of a deity, then you are one of those fanatical fundies.

No middle ground. Fierce belief in the truth of their beliefs, or non-beliefs.

Ever notice most nuts come in halves?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#153848 Feb 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell him, Buck.
Poly reminds me of a kid that learns brain surgery is something where you just cut and reconnect some things in school one day, then comes home real enthused and talks his little sister into being his practice piece. Hopefully he doesn't get too far before that Oh Shit! moment happens.
The boy ain't got enough experience to temper his "knowing".
Cool! You brought back you butt crack character! I was getting tired of you other puppets.

Ok butt crack, lay some heavy keyboard tough guy on us!
bohart

Newport, TN

#153849 Feb 13, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'subjective spiritual' aspects of humans were center stage for thousands of years and got us exactly nowhere. Without testable hypotheses and repeatable results, all you have is personal *opinion*, not actual knowledge. But you don't know the difference between the two.
"Without testable hypotheses and repeatable results , all you have is personal opinion, not actual knowledge".

Damn Poly! you have finally come to your senses, I've been telling you this about abiogenesis for some time now.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#153850 Feb 13, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. That's why we got crack cocaine.
And why Justin Beber can sell 'music'.
...and on and on.
Ah....

And why Levi's can actually sell "skinny jeans" for boys & "boyfriend jeans" for girls?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#153851 Feb 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Back to belief and belief systems.
The most fanatical fundies see no middle ground when it comes to their spiritual beliefs. Atheists even theists that don't believe the same as them are the same.
Topix atheist see no middle ground in their non-spiritual beliefs. If you reserve judgment on the existence of a deity, then you are one of those fanatical fundies.
No middle ground. Fierce belief in the truth of their beliefs, or non-beliefs.
Ever notice most nuts come in halves?
Sorry, but moderate is just another word for enabler. Theists almost always have a delusion complex, which is a dangerous thing when untreated.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#153852 Feb 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Oh, another memory from the past.
Women had real tits.
Another memory from the past, real men worked in the fields all day and were never posting on forums online.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#153853 Feb 13, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
And on that day it will become a scientific issue. Not before that.
That day arrived many years ago.

Several repeatable published experiments indicate phenomena that would require the re-thinking of present scientific models.

Of course, it's easier to pretend they don't exist.

It's not science till some atheist scientist says it's science.

I get that. Reminds me of the Pharisees.

Location hidden

#153854 Feb 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but moderate is just another word for enabler. Theists almost always have a delusion complex, which is a dangerous thing when untreated.
Delusion complex?

Like believing real time and distance can be infinite?

My cousin believed he was a chicken.

Uncle Hazel and Aunt Viney Crick would have told him otherwise, but they said they needed the eggs.

Location hidden

#153855 Feb 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bieber, dude.
You want me to fix you so you fart through your nostrils?

Location hidden

#153856 Feb 13, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance can be infinite.
I never knew that until you and Dave came along.
How's it going, bucky?
They let you out of restraints again?
For 20 minutes twice a day.

Two of the nurses make sport of that.

Location hidden

#153857 Feb 13, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
So you finally drop all notions of being a deist and flat out admit to being a Christian worshipping the god of Abraham.
Now you and Buck can be together. It's a perfect match!
I wish you and chunky Buck all the happiness as you start your new lives together. Fatass Buck will be the bride seeing as how he has larger breasts than most women.
<quoted text>
Look closer, GivemeLiverwurst.

Those are called pectoral muscles.

Want it proved the hard way?

Westcliffe, CO

#153858 Feb 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, spoken like a real psycho.

Thank you for your input.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Eagle 12 7,196
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 3 hr thetruth 7,432
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 3 hr thetruth 86
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... 20 hr thetruth 29
News .com | What hope is there without God? Wed Kaitlin the Wolf ... 26
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) May 20 thetruth 2,171
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) May 19 Kathleen 19,031
More from around the web