Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#153751 Feb 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are overreaching to make some sort of point.
Weren't you the one bragging about churches being closer than McDonalds?
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153752 Feb 12, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doc do you ever play the flugalhorn?
What is your favorite b flat brand of trumpet?
Yes I own a Flugelhorn, and Bach. I need it when I do the Theater, or many of the shows I do. It takes a different mouthpiece. The mouthpiece for a Flugelhorn is "conical" as apposed to a "cup" like a trumpet mouthpiece. Takes a little time to get use to it, to play it well.

Bach is a very nice trumpet, as are some of the japanese horns like yamaha.Personally I play a custom horn made specifically for me by Shires. This is a company that made great trombones for years, but only a few years ago started making trumpets. Lots of new design's out there, but some very expensive like Adams. You must also find the trumpets players holy grail, a quality mouthpiece that matches the horn. Not an easy task, it has taken me years to find the right setup. But once you find it...look out!!!!!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#153753 Feb 12, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Reusable spacecraft was a good idea. To bad they donít build on that.
As a fact the idea the shuttle would save money was a dismal failure. The next generation SLS (space launch system)
Will rival the Saturn five and surpass it , in dimensions and payload. We are going to Mars , it just a matter of time now.
Expendable rockets are back "in".

Location hidden

#153754 Feb 12, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
There were (and are) better shuttle designs, but the 1 "primary requirement" kind of overrides every other consideration.
We (actually they, I'm retired) are looking at HLLV (heavy lift launch vehicle) type craft and some other smaller shuttles.
But funding limits and lack of clear goals have really hampered a lot of the basic research needed.
Right now KSC (and CCAFS, i.e., Cape Canaveral Air Force Station) have various configuration of Delta and Atlas and that's about it.
Private enterprise still isn't quite ready to take on this industry in force (yet), so we're kind of drifting along aimlessly right now.
The SLS is in motion the engines are huge, and more powerful than the shuttles. But it will use solids too.

Location hidden

#153755 Feb 12, 2013
America doesn't like taking rides from Russians..lol

http://www.nasa.gov/exploration/systems/sls/

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#153756 Feb 12, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Weren't you the one bragging about churches being closer than McDonalds?
I was just responding that I didn't go to either. I live in a small city of less than 3000 people with a DQ and churches. The closest McDonald's is 20 miles away in a larger city.

The ride to that city cost more than the hamburger.

Location hidden

#153757 Feb 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I own a Flugelhorn, and Bach. I need it when I do the Theater, or many of the shows I do. It takes a different mouthpiece. The mouthpiece for a Flugelhorn is "conical" as apposed to a "cup" like a trumpet mouthpiece. Takes a little time to get use to it, to play it well.
Bach is a very nice trumpet, as are some of the japanese horns like yamaha.Personally I play a custom horn made specifically for me by Shires. This is a company that made great trombones for years, but only a few years ago started making trumpets. Lots of new design's out there, but some very expensive like Adams. You must also find the trumpets players holy grail, a quality mouthpiece that matches the horn. Not an easy task, it has taken me years to find the right setup. But once you find it...look out!!!!!
A trumpet player.

No wonder you blow your own horn so much.

Grew up with that one. Ingrained in my soul.

Location hidden

#153758 Feb 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
A trumpet player.
No wonder you blow your own horn so much.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =cCoZLDwMamEXX
Grew up with that one. Ingrained in my soul.
Just went back and looked at the photos in that video. The cars and the babies.

No seat belts. No child carriers. Momma held the baby while driving, or Daddy did while driving. Burping your little rug rat on your shoulder while you steered those metal monsters through town.

Lots of people had lots of empty beer cans in the car, too. Cigarettes went out the window.

Was a different world.

Location hidden

#153759 Feb 12, 2013
Oh, you weren't required to have car insurance unless you had been charged with causing an accident.

A different world.

Location hidden

#153760 Feb 12, 2013
I'm not waxing nostalgic. You had more personal freedom back then, but everything was seedy and filthy. The litter and pollution was bad. Today is better overall socialwise, but you did have more paths to follow on your own back then. The population has also more than doubled. Lots of competition.

Goodnight.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#153761 Feb 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I own a Flugelhorn, and Bach. I need it when I do the Theater, or many of the shows I do. It takes a different mouthpiece. The mouthpiece for a Flugelhorn is "conical" as apposed to a "cup" like a trumpet mouthpiece. Takes a little time to get use to it, to play it well.
My son plays the Bach with a gold inlay bell. Made in the 80's I think. When they were still hand made. He had a real nice custom made Bach "C" trumpet but he ended up selling that.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#153762 Feb 12, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> As a fact the idea the shuttle would save money was a dismal failure. The next generation SLS (space launch system)
Will rival the Saturn five and surpass it , in dimensions and payload. We are going to Mars , it just a matter of time now.
Expendable rockets are back "in".
I really don't think we are going to Mars. That may remain a goal but the budget is going to keep it from happening. NASA needs to scrap man space flight beyond Earth orbit or Congress will. With the baby boomers getting older there's not going to be enough money for it.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#153763 Feb 12, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't think we are going to Mars.
I'll buy you a ticket to Mars.

One way only though.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#153764 Feb 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just responding that I didn't go to either. I live in a small city of less than 3000 people with a DQ and churches. The closest McDonald's is 20 miles away in a larger city.
The ride to that city cost more than the hamburger.
Ah. My mistake then. Sorry.

I actually worked at DQ all through high school.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153765 Feb 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
I'm not waxing nostalgic. You had more personal freedom back then, but everything was seedy and filthy. The litter and pollution was bad. Today is better overall socialwise, but you did have more paths to follow on your own back then. The population has also more than doubled. Lots of competition.
Goodnight.
It sure did seem more carefree...maybe because we were young. Simpler times. You ate your breakfast and out the door you went. Back for lunch and then back out till supper. No parents to organize our activities. We occupied ourselves and made our own rules and learned how to interact with others. Walked into town by ourselves to go to the movies. I remember taking my 22 rifle into town to buy some ammo. Walked down the road with the gun over my shoulder on my way to pluck cans and bottles. Wonder what would happen today if you did that. Use to take my horn out in the field by my house and practice all day. No one complained, not even the cows.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#153766 Feb 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I can see the word EXTRAPOLATION mean absolutely nothing to you. You're are a pathetic loser, deal with that!!
I asked you 4 question on a pervious post about your knowledge of the Mars Rover. You have failed to even make an attempt at answering. This is after you declared "I know all about the Robot (singular) on Mars." Apparently you're involved in a conversation about a topic you know nothing about. Does this seem like a very intelligent thing to do? It would be like arguing with a neurosurgeon over the proper technique for removing a brain tumor. Admit it, you have no clue what the exploration of Mars is all about. For your information numbnuts, there are TWO Rovers on Mars. See I even answered one of your question I asked.
Instead of demanding and then rejecting evidence give to you, do the smart thing and find this information on your own, Don't be a lazy ass all your life. Now either make a lame ass attempt to answer the questions I posed, or piss off!!! I'm no going to discuss a topic with a self made idiot!
Why do you post this garbage?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#153767 Feb 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Walk out your front door and tell us how far it is to the nearest McDonalds. Christian Church, McDonalds, both extremely unhealthy!!
8 churches, one McDonald's.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#153768 Feb 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I posted all of this information for him, a number of times. Its has become painfully obvious that he is incapable of learning. Personally, I don't think he understands the principle behind any of the sciences.
blacklagoon says:

Christians can't do science.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#153769 Feb 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Just went back and looked at the photos in that video. The cars and the babies.
No seat belts. No child carriers. Momma held the baby while driving, or Daddy did while driving. Burping your little rug rat on your shoulder while you steered those metal monsters through town.
Lots of people had lots of empty beer cans in the car, too. Cigarettes went out the window.
Was a different world.
Ah the good ole days.

I miss riding in the back of a truck...

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#153770 Feb 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
8 churches, one McDonald's.
Sounds right. Enough fat people who hate to tip to go around.

And.....they're both open on Sunday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 min Eagle 12 2,215
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr Thinking 23,171
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 9 hr _Bad Company 1,437
God' existence 13 hr polymath257 55
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 14 hr polymath257 112
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 14 hr Geezerjock 1
Australia: black magic pervert retard 15 hr Thinking 4
Evidence for God! 17 hr ChristineM 366
More from around the web