Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,386)

Showing posts 147,701 - 147,720 of223,025
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Annes wrote:
<quoted text>
you just illustrated why there is a hell for you to erode and perish in.
You just illustrated how religion can eat away at the mind like a viral form of syphilis. Condemning someone you don's even know to eternal torture. This is exactly how religion fragments people. How divisive it can be. To wish this kind of horror on a perfect stranger because they don't share your particular personal belief, is shameful. What a hateful person you are. Your beliefs have turned you into a vengeful intolerant subhuman. This is how religion poisons everything. A prime example.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
So you are confirming that you want to suck my d!ck?
Your church tells you to suck and swallow for random strangers? You're catholic I take it?
You were offered a chance for a mulligan Gramps, but you chose to keep blundering along.
It's your words and you are going to have to own them.
<quoted text>

Dave don't want you...you're older than 12.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Annes wrote:
<quoted text>
this is why i became a christian. i didn't want to become worthless like you.
Given my success in an industry very difficult to survive in, there are many that would consider me far from worthless. You became a Christian because you're afraid of the dark, afraid of death, and terrified of the celestial dictator that would hurl you into lakes of fire if you veer from his demand. FEAR of navigating through life without a magical being to hold your hand. Weak, and fearful, suspicious of anyone who doesn't belong to your exclusive club, and wiling to condemn anyone who thinks differently from you. FEAR......that is what motivates you....FEAR.....that is what accompanies you on your journey through life......FEAR,......this s why you are a Christian. You are a pitfall example of what a human being should NOT be.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Your church tells you to suck and swallow for random strangers? You're catholic I take it?
You were offered a chance for a mulligan Gramps, but you chose to keep blundering along.
<quoted text>
Yeah, you are Chunky.

No, Sweet Cheeks, I have other ideas.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You just illustrated how religion can eat away at the mind like a viral form of syphilis. Condemning someone you don's even know to eternal torture. This is exactly how religion fragments people. How divisive it can be. To wish this kind of horror on a perfect stranger because they don't share your particular personal belief, is shameful. What a hateful person you are. Your beliefs have turned you into a vengeful intolerant subhuman. This is how religion poisons everything. A prime example.
"because they don't share your particular personal belief"

"What a hateful person you are. Your beliefs have turned you into a vengeful intolerant subhuman."

Subhuman. Nice. Makes you superior, right?

Gee, and you don't even believe in a Hell.

You got issues.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Given my success in an industry very difficult to survive in, there are many that would consider me far from worthless. You became a Christian because you're afraid of the dark, afraid of death, and terrified of the celestial dictator that would hurl you into lakes of fire if you veer from his demand. FEAR of navigating through life without a magical being to hold your hand. Weak, and fearful, suspicious of anyone who doesn't belong to your exclusive club, and wiling to condemn anyone who thinks differently from you. FEAR......that is what motivates you....FEAR.....that is what accompanies you on your journey through life......FEAR,......this s why you are a Christian. You are a pitfall example of what a human being should NOT be.
Wow!!

Cut some slack, dude!! Not everyone is a raging bull totally oblivious to existence like yourself.

Pull off the road and take a breather, bud. You are under the influence.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

The Pope is resigning, a new Pope will be selected, and we are all going to have to hear about it even if we donít want too.

I believe in religious freedom. But I donít believe the Pope and the Catholic church deserve the thousands of hours the news media is going to give them.

If they want to advertise it, place a small add in the El Paso Newspaper and be done with it.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
At first you said that you "know" the age of Mars, now you've corrected yourself into saying the age of Mars is assumed. Good boy.
The on'y "verifiable evidence" in that article was the known age of meteors, earth rocks & moon rocks, NOT Martian rocks...
<quoted text>
No, no, no... I've never said atheists are on an even scale than theists.
We're much higher up than you simpletons.
<quoted text>
No you haven't, you've only copy/pasted other people's assumptions about the age of Mars.
Deal with it.
I can see the word EXTRAPOLATION mean absolutely nothing to you. You're are a pathetic loser, deal with that!!

I asked you 4 question on a pervious post about your knowledge of the Mars Rover. You have failed to even make an attempt at answering. This is after you declared "I know all about the Robot (singular) on Mars." Apparently you're involved in a conversation about a topic you know nothing about. Does this seem like a very intelligent thing to do? It would be like arguing with a neurosurgeon over the proper technique for removing a brain tumor. Admit it, you have no clue what the exploration of Mars is all about. For your information numbnuts, there are TWO Rovers on Mars. See I even answered one of your question I asked.

Instead of demanding and then rejecting evidence give to you, do the smart thing and find this information on your own, Don't be a lazy ass all your life. Now either make a lame ass attempt to answer the questions I posed, or piss off!!! I'm no going to discuss a topic with a self made idiot!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be coy, Chunky Punky. You know you want it. The last time I sweet talked you, you suddenly ran to your violet wand and didn't come back for a while.
Trading recipes. Yeah.
It doesn't matter if you are he lovey. Your gonna get it the same place. My church tells me to give you what you deserve.
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
"

Now the real post without your edting,

"Don't be coy, Chunky Punky. You know you want it. The last time I sweet talked you, you suddenly ran to your violet wand and didn't come back for a while.

Trading recipes. Yeah.

It doesn't matter if you are he/she/it, lovey. Your gonna get it the same place. My church tells me to give you what you deserve."

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TUGI0DV...

Tsk. Now I will have to slap you too, bitch.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"because they don't share your particular personal belief"
"What a hateful person you are. Your beliefs have turned you into a vengeful intolerant subhuman."
Subhuman. Nice. Makes you superior, right?
Gee, and you don't even believe in a Hell.
You got issues.
The good Doctor whom I respect is always angry and pissed off. Itís gotta be those hemorrhoids. He needs a good surgeon to remove them and place a 5 pound ham up his butt and pull out the bone. He will be good a new.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Walk out your door and tell us how far it is to the nearest Christian church.
Walk out your door and tell us how far it is to the nearest McDonalds. Christian Church, McDonalds, both are extremely unhealthy!!!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Walk out your front door and tell us how far it is to the nearest McDonalds. Christian Church, McDonalds, both extremely unhealthy!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The good Doctor whom I respect is always angry and pissed off. Itís gotta be those hemorrhoids. He needs a good surgeon to remove them and place a 5 pound ham up his butt and pull out the bone. He will be good a new.
They are keeping his head stuck up there. Maybe lots of KY and a serious tug on his shoulders might improve his outlook.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
What is a true christian church? Most sects believe that all other sects are not christian; until they need them heathens to inflate their numbers!

There is no true christian.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Walk out your door and tell us how far it is to the nearest McDonalds. Christian Church, McDonalds, both are extremely unhealthy!!!
MCDonalds is 20 miles away. Christian churches a half mile or so.

Don't go to either.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
We can show that certain meteors are from Mars by comparing the chemical composition. Different planets (and asteroids) have different isotopic abundances and we can fairly easily determine the origin of some meteors from that. So the age of meteors from Mars together with the age of the solar system (as determined in other ways) does give an age for Mars. Are there uncertainties? Yes, of course. There always are. All scientific measurements come with error bars. So the age of Mars is 4.6+-.1 billion years.
I posted all of this information for him, a number of times. Its has become painfully obvious that he is incapable of learning. Personally, I don't think he understands the principle behind any of the sciences.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a true christian church? Most sects believe that all other sects are not christian; until they need them heathens to inflate their numbers!
There is no true christian.
Go to several and decide for yourself.

Shit, you guys are lazy. You want someone to tell you everything.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
The first line of the bible should be, "In the beginning, god created time."
I wish he had created time with some of the drummers I've played with!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I wish he had created time with some of the drummers I've played with!!!!
You were a musician?

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
MCDonalds is 20 miles away. Christian churches a half mile or so.
Don't go to either.
Kinda blows your war on christianity bs out of the water, doesn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 147,701 - 147,720 of223,025
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••