Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247317 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#153711 Feb 12, 2013
So you are confirming that you want to suck my d!ck?

Your church tells you to suck and swallow for random strangers? You're catholic I take it?

You were offered a chance for a mulligan Gramps, but you chose to keep blundering along.

It's your words and you are going to have to own them.

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be coy, Chunky Punky. You know you want it. The last time I sweet talked you, you suddenly ran to your violet wand and didn't come back for a while.
Trading recipes. Yeah.
It doesn't matter if you are he lovey. Your gonna get it the same place. My church tells me to give you what you deserve.
Givemeliberty wrote:
So you are confirming that you want to suck my d!ck?
Your church tells you to suck and swallow for random strangers? You're catholic I take it?
You were offered a chance for a mulligan Gramps, but you chose to keep blundering along.
It's your words and you are going to have to own them.
<quoted text>
"

Now the real post without your edting,

"Don't be coy, Chunky Punky. You know you want it. The last time I sweet talked you, you suddenly ran to your violet wand and didn't come back for a while.

Trading recipes. Yeah.

It doesn't matter if you are he/she/it, lovey. Your gonna get it the same place. My church tells me to give you what you deserve."

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TUGI0DV...

Tsk. Now I will have to slap you too, bitch.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#153712 Feb 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"because they don't share your particular personal belief"
"What a hateful person you are. Your beliefs have turned you into a vengeful intolerant subhuman."
Subhuman. Nice. Makes you superior, right?
Gee, and you don't even believe in a Hell.
You got issues.
The good Doctor whom I respect is always angry and pissed off. It’s gotta be those hemorrhoids. He needs a good surgeon to remove them and place a 5 pound ham up his butt and pull out the bone. He will be good a new.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153713 Feb 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Walk out your door and tell us how far it is to the nearest Christian church.
Walk out your door and tell us how far it is to the nearest McDonalds. Christian Church, McDonalds, both are extremely unhealthy!!!
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153714 Feb 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Walk out your front door and tell us how far it is to the nearest McDonalds. Christian Church, McDonalds, both extremely unhealthy!!

Westcliffe, CO

#153715 Feb 12, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The good Doctor whom I respect is always angry and pissed off. It’s gotta be those hemorrhoids. He needs a good surgeon to remove them and place a 5 pound ham up his butt and pull out the bone. He will be good a new.
They are keeping his head stuck up there. Maybe lots of KY and a serious tug on his shoulders might improve his outlook.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#153716 Feb 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
What is a true christian church? Most sects believe that all other sects are not christian; until they need them heathens to inflate their numbers!

There is no true christian.

Westcliffe, CO

#153717 Feb 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Walk out your door and tell us how far it is to the nearest McDonalds. Christian Church, McDonalds, both are extremely unhealthy!!!
MCDonalds is 20 miles away. Christian churches a half mile or so.

Don't go to either.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153718 Feb 12, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
We can show that certain meteors are from Mars by comparing the chemical composition. Different planets (and asteroids) have different isotopic abundances and we can fairly easily determine the origin of some meteors from that. So the age of meteors from Mars together with the age of the solar system (as determined in other ways) does give an age for Mars. Are there uncertainties? Yes, of course. There always are. All scientific measurements come with error bars. So the age of Mars is 4.6+-.1 billion years.
I posted all of this information for him, a number of times. Its has become painfully obvious that he is incapable of learning. Personally, I don't think he understands the principle behind any of the sciences.

Westcliffe, CO

#153719 Feb 12, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a true christian church? Most sects believe that all other sects are not christian; until they need them heathens to inflate their numbers!
Go to several and decide for yourself.

Shit, you guys are lazy. You want someone to tell you everything.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153720 Feb 12, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
The first line of the bible should be, "In the beginning, god created time."
I wish he had created time with some of the drummers I've played with!!!!

Westcliffe, CO

#153721 Feb 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I wish he had created time with some of the drummers I've played with!!!!
You were a musician?

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#153722 Feb 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
MCDonalds is 20 miles away. Christian churches a half mile or so.
Don't go to either.
Kinda blows your war on christianity bs out of the water, doesn't it?

Westcliffe, CO

#153723 Feb 12, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda blows your war on christianity bs out of the water, doesn't it?
How so?

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#153724 Feb 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
How so?
If there were a "war on christianity" would you expect to find a church on every street corner? I think not.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153725 Feb 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your rationality is affected by some deeper issues as exemplified by your passion on the subject.
Those special moments will come to a screeching halt. You might not even have the opportunity to realize how insignificant they truly were.
So, tell me, how is it going now that you have entered the Previously Important Person phase of your existence?
Oh, and in regards to your music criticism. It is most fortunate for the vast majority of humans that we are not under your influence like those in your previous important person phase, and thus be forced to appreciate your aesthetic values and determinations of what is special and what is not.
Have a nice day.:-)
You seem to think that displaying passion is somehow evidence of some kind of disfunction. I guess that emotion is an uncommon occurrence in the mechanical mind. Sorry you are so....incomplete.

The "important person" phase of my existence had been going on since I was basically a teenager. So for quite some time now, thanks for asking!!!

You may listen to any music you care to, I could give two shits what you find entertaining. I was simply commenting on the childlike and vapid nature of that particular piece of music.

It is said that you can tell a lot about a society by its architecture and art forms. It appears you would be perfectly happy in a society of mud huts and childlike scrawling on the walls. It takes a certain level of intelligence to listen to complex music. The intellect is key in understanding and thereby appreciating complex music. If you simply listen of "ear candy" then vapid, transparent music is fine for you and millions more. There are however, a substantial number of those who demand more, who enjoy the journey, who revel in the complex fabric, who have the ability to follow the melodic and harmonic threads and realize there destinations. With your machine like mind you could never experience these moments, so better you stick to your vapid and transparent music. Leave the heavy lifting to creative mind. And thanks, you have a nice day also.....
Siro

Sydney, Australia

#153726 Feb 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Given my success in an industry very difficult to survive in, there are many that would consider me far from worthless.
Yeah, I imagine it would be tough at times being a professional welfare recipient.
At least you take a step up in life every week when you are called up to the counter at social security.

Westcliffe, CO

#153727 Feb 12, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
If there were a "war on christianity" would you expect to find a church on every street corner? I think not.
I think you are overreaching to make some sort of point.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#153728 Feb 12, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
All Christian religions have some commonalty. The believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. And they believe in the Constitution and the Bill of rights. The right to freedom of religion.

Your statement,“Most sects believe that all other sects are not christian;” This happens to be not true as you are prone to make untrue claims.

There are doctrinal differences between different Christian religions but they all believe in Christ.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153729 Feb 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"because they don't share your particular personal belief"
"What a hateful person you are. Your beliefs have turned you into a vengeful intolerant subhuman."
Subhuman. Nice. Makes you superior, right?
Gee, and you don't even believe in a Hell.
You got issues.
Yep, I have serious issues with people I don't even know wishing me eternal torture. Ahh, Christians, what a warm and loving bunch!!!!
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153730 Feb 12, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, thanks for stopping by.
very good..clap...clap...clap!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 6 min thetruth 47,788
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 9 min thetruth 12,566
Proof of God for the Atheist 39 min thetruth 105
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... 7 hr thetruth 59
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 15 hr Amused 5
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... Sat thetruth 19
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Fri Reason Personified 14,712
More from around the web