Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,378)

Showing posts 147,541 - 147,560 of217,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Holy Shit, you do live under a friggin rock, who knew. So you know all about "the robot"on Mars"....really, what do they call it? How long has it been there? What is its function? What has it discovered so far? I'll be waiting.........."I know all about the Robot on Mars." Yeah right..........Oh and here's a little clue for ya,,,,there is more than One on Mars. Get busy slacker!!!!
As usual, you missed the point.

I'm not surprised.

Take a Rover, stick in in the Sahara, take some photos, then you'll ASSUME you know all about the Earth, right?

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I abhor willful ignorance. I have zero tolerance for stupidity, and have no belief system. I'm not gullible enough to belong to a church. You know what they say about animals......."Animals don't have Gods, there're smarter than that."
Then you should hate yourself.....

Where's your verifiable evidence of the age of Mars?

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF does my faith in God have to do with the age of Mars?
That's a typical atheist response, you know.
"I disagree with you! You're an idiot that lets your stupid religion interfere with your reasoning!"
What's your excuse, blackie? You say those scientists have "verifiable evidence" of the age of Mars.
What friggin evidence?
Just answer THAT!
They've sent probes to Mars for years now.

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF does my faith in God have to do with the age of Mars?
"I disagree with you! You're an idiot that lets your stupid religion interfere with your reasoning!"
What's your excuse, blackie? You say those scientists have "verifiable evidence" of the age of Mars.
What friggin evidence?
Just answer THAT!
A question that lingered in many ancient astronomers minds was ”how old is Mars?” Of course, they wondered the same thing about the other planets and the Sun, as well. Today, scientists believe that Mars, and the remainder of the Solar System formed about 4.6 billion years ago from the solar nebula.

Since no one has ever retrieved a piece of Martian rock for study, this assumption is arrived at by studying meteorites, Moon rocks, and the oldest rocks here on Earth. Meteorites have been around since the beginning, so if everything formed at once, then all meteorites should be the same age. We could compare the age of Earth’s original rock to determine this if it had not be recycled deep underground by volcanism and erosion, but studying the oldest rock on the planet gives a general idea to scientists.

Read more: http://www.universetoday.com/14852/how-old-is...
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> We have no other evidence, to rely on.
We can see nearly from the creation of the first stars till now.
There is nothing circular in this empirical observational and
recorded data. We can calculate using the Hubble constant and all other supportive data , nearly the precise moment of this universes creation. Plot its progression , to the creation of our own star and our solar system. We know how Earth formed and how( not exactly how life started) but how life started and progressed for the entire history of Earth.
What we do not see is an intervening skydaddy you so would love to present as the reason. There is nothing in our history that shows that to be so. Only your fanatical belief that the mythological and superstitious minds that deceived you are right in the book of historical fiction.
In short , you have been led around by your short sword.
You know how life started , just not exactly how! Ha,Ha,Ha, your science!You have the faith of the Roman centurian.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
They've sent probes to Mars for years now.
I know.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
A question that lingered in many ancient astronomers minds was ”how old is Mars?” Of course, they wondered the same thing about the other planets and the Sun, as well. Today, scientists believe that Mars, and the remainder of the Solar System formed about 4.6 billion years ago from the solar nebula.
Since no one has ever retrieved a piece of Martian rock for study, this assumption is arrived at by studying meteorites, Moon rocks, and the oldest rocks here on Earth. Meteorites have been around since the beginning, so if everything formed at once, then all meteorites should be the same age. We could compare the age of Earth’s original rock to determine this if it had not be recycled deep underground by volcanism and erosion, but studying the oldest rock on the planet gives a general idea to scientists.
Read more: http://www.universetoday.com/14852/how-old-is...
Right, the assumption is arrived by studying everything possible, just not Mars.

Got it.

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, the assumption is arrived by studying everything possible, just not Mars.
Got it.
And? You do realize that the Curiosity Rover has equipment to test that so it can be confirmed, don't you?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
You know how life started , just not exactly how! Ha,Ha,Ha, your science!You have the faith of the Roman centurian.

You have the ignorance of a rebellious child.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Tacitus an imperial roman would never have wrote Christ on an official work. It would be like a Rabbi going on Facebook saying how much he loves pork chops.

And again at the time there were several Christ figures, hundreds of messiah wannabes. Ben if he had been talking about the Christian messiah he at best was merely repeating what Christians told him supposedly happened. This and dozens of other reasons is why even many Christian historians are not accepting the Tacitus forged passages that appear in the 15th century but never before.

Then again you can't tell the difference between blood letting and getting blood work done at a hospital.
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops! My bad! These comments were meant for the mentally deranged resident troll, gimmeliberty. Specifically his post #153195

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

As I predicted you as usual dodge and run away from questions.

So your bible god commanded his followers to rape, kill and enslave people. Verified. Do you think these were moral things to do?

Of course you won't answer this.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a matter of evidence.
Evidence will never convince you.
So why give you more evidence.
You are not interested in the truth, you are only interested in suppressing the truth.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Abiogenesis and evolution are two different sciences. You really don't know this?

But yes do provide a link showing a rock fell into water and humans came running out.

Hurry up now half wit.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
They call it abiogenesis.
I can get you a link if you want, it is a part of evolutionary theory, that many evolutionists get embarrassed about and try to deny it is actually a part of the theory.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Because half wit, Christians have been caught red handed repeatedly forging and changing historical documents and accounts to fit their myth.

Again no historical proof that Jesus of nazareth and Moses ever existed.

Now we have secular historical proof for Jesus Ben Pandera son of a roman soldier who raped a Jewish woman, Jesus Ben strada the so called evil Egyptian sorcerer. Yet nothing on your Jesus of Nazareth. Egyptian wizard Jesus? Check. Jesus of the bible? Nope.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that the only cultural and historical documentation you will not accept is the Christian one.
Why is that do you think?

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

We are bemused how you are asked questions but always refuse to answer them. I suppose reason is a dirty word in your mind.

You have no proof, no evidence, no logical arguments but man oh man can you run away screaming from a question!

:)
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
I am bemused why you keep making absolute moral judgements.
When you keep denying there can be absolute moral judgements.
----------
It is this foolish contraction that prevents me treating your question seriously.
And no matter how many times it is explained that this is not quite right, you still keep doing it...

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

An outdated wiki page written by a Christian. Notice it says Christ not Jesus. To believe the Tacitus forged passage is legit you have to say Tacitus had accepted Jesus as Messiah since he calls this person Christ.

An imperial roman would never have written such a thing. And he didn't as earlier pre 15th century versions of his work do not include the Christ passage.

Poor daffy! Even his wiki page says Christ and not Jesus. I bet you think there was only one Christ back then eh?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!

:)
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacitus_on_Chris...
The Roman historian and senator Tacitus referred to Christ,

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>WTF does my faith in God have to do with the age of Mars?

What friggin evidence?

Just answer THAT!
http://www.universetoday.com/14852/how-old-is...

Google scares the shit out of you, doesn't it?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironic how people who don’t believe in God define who is and isn’t a Christian. As if to say you are some sort of authority on the subject.
Under your analogy Denis Rader known also as BTK was a true to the core Christian since he attended a Lutheran Church. Never mind that he was a mass murder. To you he was a fine example of Christianity.
I guess you would count Judas Iscariot a example of Christianity too. Even though history see’s him as the betrayer.
If I may use your words,“hallucinatory raving of an utter lunatic.” That phrase of yours would fit Denis Rader and you very nicely. Christianity requires more than occasional attendance but obedience to Christ teachings.
It doesn’t matter how the average infidel defines Christianity. It’s how God defines it.
You do realize you're making my point for me, yes?

The only qualification needed for one to be accounted a Christian by other Christians is the mere declaration that one is.

Yes, Rader counts.

Judas was almost certainly fictional, and the term "Christian" wasn't in use in his alleged day, anyway, so I'm not sure about him.

As for Revelation, have you _read_ the stupid thing?

"And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy."

Seriously? That's either a major psychotic break or some VERY strange mushrooms.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You do realize you're making my point for me, yes?
The only qualification needed for one to be accounted a Christian by other Christians is the mere declaration that one is.
Yes, Rader counts.
Judas was almost certainly fictional, and the term "Christian" wasn't in use in his alleged day, anyway, so I'm not sure about him.
As for Revelation, have you _read_ the stupid thing?
"And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy."
Seriously? That's either a major psychotic break or some VERY strange mushrooms.
True Christians hold a snake while dancing in red pants, slap an old lady in the face and pass out.

Whatcha thank bout jebus?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Buckethead eh. I listened. Simplistic and repetitive. Horrible drummer, sounds like he's building a boat. No dynamic shadings, tonally vapid, and no fully developed melodies. endless arpeggios. As I suspected, children's music.
I concur.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect, thank you. 8 proofs for you that show those laws were for ancient Israelites, not all Christians in every day & age.
But you said that there were not laws! Now you say, "Oh yeah, they were laws, but not for us."

So the 10 commandments are not for us, so tell all your christian friends that they do not belong in public buildings.

We don't have to listen to anything that was not given directly to the christains.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 147,541 - 147,560 of217,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••