Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,378)

Showing posts 147,541 - 147,560 of222,984
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, look at that! It's been 3 hours.....
Relax, man. This is a thread, not a phone call.
A wee bit odd. Look through the last 12 hours and see if you see a pattern. I bet you don't.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, maybe it is the same god!! June 5th is our holiest day; that is the day that Jet Black had a son! You know; with a name like blacklagoon, your forefather's must have known of Jet Black!
Crom is a Cimmerian god from the Hyborian age.

He was an indifferent god.

He was created by Robert E. Howard.

He was killed by Howard in 1936. Bullet to the head killed them all.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages
because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split,
as a general thing.~~ Robert E. Howard

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Hey look another one of Dave's long winded opinions.

Zzzzzzzzzz
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you stretched your brain too much in the past doing those convolutions.
As a human being you see yourself as something special. You pay li[p service to just evolving from matter, but you really feel at the top of the heap. You are special, you can investigate and determine and pass judgments on everything else, even though you just happen to be made up of materials aligned in a certain way. You really aren't in touch with what you proclaim. You think too much for your capabilities. Gets you stuck in loops.
I see humans beings, myself included, as being constructs serving the purpose of something higher on the ladder. My ego is under much better control than yours.
As I said before, I am a technician. I recognize machinery. We are machines. Worrying and guessing about what constructed us is beyond our abilities. The environment provided for us by this higher force will determine what we do.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
True Christians hold a snake while dancing in red pants, slap an old lady in the face and pass out.
Whatcha thank bout jebus?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Better'n average band...

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Better'n average band...
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize that was the earliest trace of protection for slaves in legislation, and it stands in strong and favorable contrast with the old laws of Greece, Rome, and other nations?
Do you also realize that everyone except the King was considered slaves?
But you still didn't answer my question.
Why do you assume God condones beating someone to death?
ASSuME?

Why do you feel the need to explain your god or the bible when atheists have long rejected both?

Why are you threatened by people that do not share your beliefs in Gods?

I prefer the humor found in the book!h

Baalams talking donkey, that sneaky snake, and this...

Lo, I have given thee cow's dung for man's dung,and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith.--Ezekiel 4:15

One of my favorites... God show his ass!

"And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen." Exodus 33:23

;)

"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
-- Chapman Cohen

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
True Christians hold a snake while dancing in red pants, slap an old lady in the face and pass out.
Whatcha thank bout jebus?
Jebus is rolling over in his grave.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Wasn't that RR twirling at the end?

You look at these buffoons and if you are a believer think they are the authorities on all things scientific.
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF does my faith in God have to do with the age of Mars?
That's a typical atheist response, you know.
"I disagree with you! You're an idiot that lets your stupid religion interfere with your reasoning!"
What's your excuse, blackie? You say those scientists have "verifiable evidence" of the age of Mars.
What friggin evidence?
Just answer THAT!
You're just not very smart are you. You can't even follow the conversation. You berated science for there BELIF that Mars was 4.6 billion years old. Although nowhere in the article I presented did they use the word believe. Hence...they "Believe" with verifiable evidence, you "believe" with NO verifiable evidence. Got it!!!!

Continually saying Atheism is a religion, really makes you look stupid. For some reason you think it irritates us. I actually find it comical that you try and put Atheists on an even scale with Theists. Its as though you are saying, "OK we believe without any evidence, we're embarrassed by that and feel real foolish that we believe in myths and magical events, but you also believe without evidence, so your in the same boat as you." Any intelligent person KNOWS that Atheists simple lack a belief, By calling us a religion, you now have to show what deity we worship and what our doctrine consists of.

BTW I have answered your question numerous times about the age of Mars, both on this thread and on others. You either can't read, or comprehend, or your just avoiding the information because you cant refute it. Either way, you look stupid, once again!!!
Annes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>why do you lie?
because he is an atheist. they feed off of lies.
Annes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
jesus is NOT in a grave. you are totally clueless, athetrash.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

True because we have no historical proof he even existed. If he did exist he was 96% chimpanzee.
Annes wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Annes wrote:
<quoted text>
Of yes of course, jesus, lazarus and numerous undead saints roamed jerusalem as zombies (source - the bible)
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, you missed the point.
I'm not surprised.
Take a Rover, stick in in the Sahara, take some photos, then you'll ASSUME you know all about the Earth, right?
I asked you 4 questions. Since you said you "knew all about the robot on Mars" I'd like to know exactly what you do know about the project. No sense discussing something with a person who is totally clueless. So answer the questions I asked and we can move on.

BTW I have answered your questions about the age of Mars, you refuse to acknowledge the fact that I did, or play dumb when you do answer. I think it only fair you answer my questions about what you know of the rover on Mars. There might even be two or three of them, what do you think?

Oh, and is that all the robot does it take pictures?
Annes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
True because we have no historical proof he even existed. If he did exist he was 96% chimpanzee.
<quoted text>
yet you are still here 2000+ years later still talking about Jesus. Seems your atheism is still failing its members miserably.

still LMAO.
Annes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Of yes of course, jesus, lazarus and numerous undead saints roamed jerusalem as zombies (source - the bible)
yes, that did happen, mr. mental weakness.
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
An outdated wiki page written by a Christian. Notice it says Christ not Jesus. To believe the Tacitus forged passage is legit you have to say Tacitus had accepted Jesus as Messiah since he calls this person Christ.
An imperial roman would never have written such a thing. And he didn't as earlier pre 15th century versions of his work do not include the Christ passage.
Poor daffy! Even his wiki page says Christ and not Jesus. I bet you think there was only one Christ back then eh?
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
:)
<quoted text>
Tacitus ?

Supposed Jesus witnesses...

Josephus - Born 37 CE
Phlegon - Born about 80 CE
Tacitus - Born 56 CE
Pliny the Younger - Born 61 CE
Suetonious - Born about 69 CE
The Babylonian Talmud - 200CE
Lucian - Born 125 CE
Phlegon - 2nd century

How exactly are these guys witnesses to something that happened before they were even born?

Hearsay isn't admissible in court for a reason!

--

Tacitus was born in 56 CE, more than two decades after the alleged execution.

In fact, his writings about Jesus were done in 116 CE. This cannot be anything but 3rd hand (if not 4th or 5th) retelling, and the historical validity of the tale is therefore nil.

Since he was the first to write about it, where did he get the info? Surely not from earlier writings, right?

Those 'scholars' are therefore speaking through their hat.

;)
Annes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

seems that the faith in atheism is just too weak.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you should hate yourself.....
Where's your verifiable evidence of the age of Mars?
I've given it to you three times dumb ass. I'm really beginning to think that reading might be a problem for you. I know that educational opportunities up there in hillbilly land are scant, so maybe it's not all your fault. If you need extra help with reading and comprehension, I can suggest some programs for you. Good luck!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 147,541 - 147,560 of222,984
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••