Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,375)

Showing posts 147,481 - 147,500 of216,200
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Spam, old, tired, BS
Thank You... for a near perfect description of the Bible. ;)

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Quoting the bible is spam? LOL!
"since the slave is his own property" that is your god's words, not mine!
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)
Spamming, we have heard it a thousand times. Be a spammer if that's all you can do, I don't really care.
Turkey

Oswego, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have plenty of times.
I'm not an egomaniac like a lot of the atheists out there. I can admit when I'm wrong.
I thought the narcissist seared soul bastards were pedantic rote learned dogmatists.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you're "pretty sure".
Glad we got that cleared up.
Come on dimwit, talking snakes.....woman rib bone. Are you really that colossal stupid?

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time you open your mouth, the world's IQ drops.
Wow that sounds original. You must be the top balloon shaper on your corner. Keep up the good work.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was in the fifth grade, my teacher, on the first day of class, asked me, "What is the sum of 4 + 4?"
I quickly said, "8!"
She said, "No, it is 9!"
I looked very puzzled and she asked me again, "What is the sum of 4 + 4?"
I mumbled, "8."
She said, "NO! I told you the answer is 9! Now, what is the sum of 4 + 4?"
I looked around the room, all the other kids looked just as puzzled as I felt! I quietly said, "9."
She looked me dead in the eye and said, "Why did you change your answer?"
I said, "Because you are the teacher and you told me that it was 9."
She replied, "But you know that I am wrong, so why did you change your answer?"
I said, "Because you are the teacher and..."
She stopped me and looked at everyone in the class and said, "You will never learn anything if you allow someone to force you to follow that which you know is wrong. When someone tells you something, don't believe them! Looked it up for yourself! Think for yourself! Confirm what you are taught!"
I loved that teacher!
If you want to convince me that your god exist and that man did not create the bible, then you are going to have to have some very good, verifiable evidence or you are just wasting your time.
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)
"the slave is his own property", that is very clear to me.
Very good teacher, I agree! Wow, she was smart & logical and taught you all something very valuable.

Now use that information here.

God did not own slaves.
God was not a slave owner.
God did not condone beating someone to death.

Those were Hebrew laws regarding servants & slaves that was recorded & written by Moses.

They were also the first of their kind.

In a way, the ancient Hebrews started what America finished not long ago.

And shavers is STILL a problem in the world.

It is (and was) humans that condoned slavery, then made laws to protect skaves, then abandon slavery altogether.

I'll ask you again, what makes you think God condones(d) slavery or the beating of slaves? Because its in the Bible?
Turkey

Oswego, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not a sentence, Eagle baby.
And I suggest you look up the word "recant" in the dictionary.
stop harrassing you creepy lost soul. Your incessant grammar policing makes you more unsavory then you already appear. You are like a bannanna , here today gone tommmorow, with all your shit and the horse you came in on.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize that was the earliest trace of protection for slaves in legislation, and it stands in strong and favorable contrast with the old laws of Greece, Rome, and other nations?
Do you also realize that everyone except the King was considered slaves?
But you still didn't answer my question.
Why do you assume God condones beating someone to death?
Do you realize that if the slave died straight away, the master was punished, but if the slave suffered for a day or two, the master was not punished?

First, what god would say that it was OK to own slaves?

Second, what god cannot be more precise than, "a day or two"?

Third. why did god require that the slave suffer for a day or two?

Lastly, do you realize that many non-believers in your god, at that time, did not allow slavery?

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Are you forgetting we have a robot on Mars are you type? Do you think we can forget the power of deductive reasoning from past experience with the martian landscape?
Do you think we have discounted the evidence of discovery when it comes to Mars?
Do you think much about Mars and when you do..do you think about what we really know about Mars?
I know about the robot on Mars.

Didn't Megatron destroy it?

I don't think we know as much about Mars that blacklagoon thinks we know. We've barely been able to land a primitive robot on it & stare at it through cameras & telescopes. There's still so much we don't know about our own planet, let alone another planet.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Spamming, we have heard it a thousand times. Be a spammer if that's all you can do, I don't really care.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You... for a near perfect description of the Bible. ;)
Interesting that you would say that about the #1 seller of all time. I donít think there is a book anywhere that can touch the sales of the bible over the last 100 years.

Even though it was written thousands of years ago and translated into a Shakespearean type of language. It is still a popular book, with history, poetry, music, love, war, and everyday life struggles. I find it odd that someone would think that of it.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Come on dimwit, talking snakes.....woman rib bone. Are you really that colossal stupid?
C'mon nitwit, ever hear of metaphor?

You CAN'T be that stupid.

BTW, "talking snake"?

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good teacher, I agree! Wow, she was smart & logical and taught you all something very valuable.
God did not own slaves.
Those were Hebrew laws regarding servants & slaves that was recorded & written by Moses.
It is (and was) humans that condoned slavery, then made laws to protect skaves, then abandon slavery altogether.
I'll ask you again, what makes you think God condones(d) slavery or the beating of slaves? Because its in the Bible?
Brother, you are talking to a man with the mind of a cross eyed jackass. He's never going to get it.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Spamming, plain and simple.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize that if the slave died straight away, the master was punished, but if the slave suffered for a day or two, the master was not punished?
Lastly, do you realize that many non-believers in your god, at that time, did not allow slavery?
Man created god, and Sam Colt proved it.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
Yes. And that law, legally protected by the courts of the day, was revolutionary.
Does God say its OK? Find the scripture.
Technically, in ancient Hebrew it was a 24 hour time frame, not a day or two.
What did God do? Really, why are you so stuck on "God demanded slavery"?
Back then, every nation with a social stratification had slaves.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
Listen all!
If you are not one of god's chosen, you are not allowed to quote the bible!
There are 38,000+ sects of god's chosen, they can't even agree on whether jesus is god or not, but they are the fu[kin' chosen and you best not fu[king forget it!
Now stop quoting the bible! You are just trying to make our god look bad!
Sorry that I had to get ROTC tough on you.
No problem I loved ROTC. It was a hell of a lot of fun.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God did not own slaves.
In your religion, what happens to a person who simply does not believe in your god? They are sent to hell for eternity, right?

If the blaspheme the holy spirit, they are damned to hell for eternity, right?

In your religion, god owns you and can put you where ever he wants. Is that not slavery?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Read this very slowly! What happens to the master who beat his slave to death, IF THE SLAVE SUFFERS FOR A DAY OR TWO before dying?

Here's a clue, NOTHING! Your god says that nothing should happen to the master. The slave was his property to do with what he liked.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Those were not the first laws. Many of civilizations had laws, long before the story of moses.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
What did America finish? You mean finish in America?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Exactly! Man wrote the bible.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I'll will tell you again.

What did god say should happen to the master? What is his punishment for beating the slave to death?

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Brother, you are talking to a man with the mind of a cross eyed jackass. He's never going to get it.
You may be right. He DID just admit that his teacher was able to convince him that 4+4=9....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon nitwit, ever hear of metaphor?
You CAN'T be that stupid.
BTW, "talking snake"?
I see your type about every day.
what I do not see is you making lots of sense.

I don't want to steal your treasure, but you don't know there is nothing in the royal bank. Your highness.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 147,481 - 147,500 of216,200
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••