Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#153480 Feb 11, 2013
Never mind! I should have asked. We all know the answer.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#153481 Feb 11, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
Who wants an English lesson from a import with nasty black hair balls under his arms?
That should be "an import," not "a import."

You wouldn't want to be called "a idiot," would you?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#153482 Feb 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So, your of the school of thought that says anything is possible. A rock could exist and not exist at the same time. You say it's possible, and of course you weren't there to observe. So you must now accept many possibilities as to our present here on this planet. Panspermia for one, seeded here by an advanced race another possibility. Your weren't here to observe so you really can't say either of these are NOT possibilities. Of course you may still keep you supreme creator theory and just one of many.
Since all logic and deductions are based on present day observations in this time and place, then you simply can NOT know with any certainly that your imaginary being has anything to do with anything.
I think you stretched your brain too much in the past doing those convolutions.

As a human being you see yourself as something special. You pay li[p service to just evolving from matter, but you really feel at the top of the heap. You are special, you can investigate and determine and pass judgments on everything else, even though you just happen to be made up of materials aligned in a certain way. You really aren't in touch with what you proclaim. You think too much for your capabilities. Gets you stuck in loops.

I see humans beings, myself included, as being constructs serving the purpose of something higher on the ladder. My ego is under much better control than yours.

As I said before, I am a technician. I recognize machinery. We are machines. Worrying and guessing about what constructed us is beyond our abilities. The environment provided for us by this higher force will determine what we do.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#153483 Feb 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
As I said before, I am a technician. I recognize machinery. We are machines. Worrying and guessing about what constructed us is beyond our abilities. The environment provided for us by this higher force will determine what we do.
"beyond our abilities"? You mean now or forever? Only a intellectually defeated person would say, "beyond our abilities", so let's forget about it. We would still be living in trees if we thought like you.

Do we have a cure for that?

No, it is beyond our abilities, so we quit looking.

What the hell are you a tech on?
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153484 Feb 11, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute! What are your holy days?
Croms birthday on June 5th.....April 24th the day he created black raspberry ice-cream........and Aug 10th the day he declared being willfully ignorant was punishable by being dipped in liquid shit!!! and Yours?
Turkey

Oswego, NY

#153485 Feb 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That should be "an import," not "a import."
You wouldn't want to be called "a idiot," would you?
Should you be tending to your chickens , ol trained jerkoff?

Location hidden

#153486 Feb 11, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
"beyond our abilities"? You mean now or forever? Only a intellectually defeated person would say, "beyond our abilities", so let's forget about it. We would still be living in trees if we thought like you.
Do we have a cure for that?
No, it is beyond our abilities, so we quit looking.
What the hell are you a tech on?
"The environment provided for us by this higher force will determine what we do."

Have you figured out how to feed all those you cured, will cure, and their offspring? Are you willing to lower your standard of living to do those things. Are you eager to compete with all of them for resources?

Divest yourself of what wealth you have now and give it to science so they can perform these miracles. Show us the strength of your convictions.

Location hidden

#153487 Feb 11, 2013
The LHC at Cern. Cosmological research. The space programs. Countless others studying things way beyond any utility for the average person.

A LOT OF MONEY SPENT ON THOSE THINGS.

That is your science Topix atheists worship.

What about the diseases, hunger, social organization of the living population now and in the future? Building a better platform before we start reaching out?

There is a lot of hypocrisy in these secular humanist atheists.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153488 Feb 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. From your own link, dumb ass:
"Today, scientists believe that Mars, and the remainder of the Solar System formed about 4.6 billion years ago from the solar nebula."
Oh good, they BELIEVE.
"Since no one has ever retrieved a piece of Martian rock for study, this assumption is arrived at by studying meteorites..."
As I said, it's an assumption. Nothing more.
Thanks again, duder.
Yeah, I know all those dumb ass scientist who don't know their ass from their elbow. Herfe they are lying once again, should be a law against it. We should also outlaw the process of mathematical extrapolation to get information.

They "Believe" with verifiable evidence, you "believe" with......ahhh...errr....oh yeah, a touch on the head!!!! Yeah,,,,Right!!!

Now maybe you could show us how very smart you are by pointing out the flaw of using meteorites to date the age of our solar system....ready...set......GO! !! Well dumb ass, how about it,,,,,GO!! LOL nothing....yeah I thought so.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153489 Feb 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know about the robot on Mars.
Didn't Megatron destroy it?
I don't think we know as much about Mars that blacklagoon thinks we know. We've barely been able to land a primitive robot on it & stare at it through cameras & telescopes. There's still so much we don't know about our own planet, let alone another planet.
Holy Shit, you do live under a friggin rock, who knew. So you know all about "the robot"on Mars"....really, what do they call it? How long has it been there? What is its function? What has it discovered so far? I'll be waiting.........."I know all about the Robot on Mars." Yeah right..........Oh and here's a little clue for ya,,,,there is more than One on Mars. Get busy slacker!!!!

Location hidden

#153490 Feb 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Holy Shit, you do live under a friggin rock, who knew. So you know all about "the robot"on Mars"....really, what do they call it? How long has it been there? What is its function? What has it discovered so far? I'll be waiting.........."I know all about the Robot on Mars." Yeah right..........Oh and here's a little clue for ya,,,,there is more than One on Mars. Get busy slacker!!!!
http://www.universetoday.com/99750/another-we...

Maybe an eyeglass screw. Never know where you will lose those things.

Location hidden

#153491 Feb 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I know all those dumb ass scientist who don't know their ass from their elbow. Herfe they are lying once again, should be a law against it. We should also outlaw the process of mathematical extrapolation to get information.
They "Believe" with verifiable evidence, you "believe" with......ahhh...errr....oh yeah, a touch on the head!!!! Yeah,,,,Right!!!
Now maybe you could show us how very smart you are by pointing out the flaw of using meteorites to date the age of our solar system....ready...set......GO! !! Well dumb ass, how about it,,,,,GO!! LOL nothing....yeah I thought so.
Wow!!

You sure get animated when someone questions your belief system.

What church do you belong to?

Location hidden

#153492 Feb 11, 2013
Poor maladjusted and angry Topix atheists. Nowhere to go but places like this to vent.

But the Creator has caused some of us to stay on here so they don't eat each other.

Poor souls. They are angry and want to take all the magic, hopes, dreams and such out of life. Bring chaos and misery to everyone else. They like to share.

If they had their way, sentiments like this would be banned. Not scientific enough.

Goodnight all.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#153493 Feb 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.universetoday.com/99750/another-we...
Maybe an eyeglass screw. Never know where you will lose those things.
You don't reckon it's a piece of an old Radio Shack™ speaker magnet, do you, Dave?

A BIG PAPER CLIP!
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153494 Feb 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you stretched your brain too much in the past doing those convolutions.
As a human being you see yourself as something special. You pay li[p service to just evolving from matter, but you really feel at the top of the heap. You are special, you can investigate and determine and pass judgments on everything else, even though you just happen to be made up of materials aligned in a certain way. You really aren't in touch with what you proclaim. You think too much for your capabilities. Gets you stuck in loops.
I see humans beings, myself included, as being constructs serving the purpose of something higher on the ladder. My ego is under much better control than yours.
You see something wrong with thinking of ones self as special. You limit yourself to a premiss that you are somehow answerable to a higher order. You feel ego is something to be shunned. All think all of what you have determined as flaws, are in fact attributes. I see nothing wrong with being proud of ones accomplishments, and knowing they have arrived at the top of the heap, so to speak. My profession demands that I assert myself, that I display an ego, that I strive to be that something special, otherwise whatever success I hope to achieve will never happen. You don't have to be a prick to demand respect from your peers, to be "the man" to be that something special. I take an enormous amount of pride at what I have done professionally, without an ego, or feeling special, I would have never achieved my goals.

So we are machines, with knowable components? Operate like any other machine? Then if that is you take on humans, then you appear terribly confused, or you're simply lying. You have stated that one of the primary components of this machine is a thing called a soul. An unknown, an idea, a belief, a wisp of vapor, nothing physical. A mystery component for your human machine. I think it is you who have stretched your brain too much!!!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#153495 Feb 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
LOL.... Redneck isn't stupid, he just has bad luck when it comes to thinking :p
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153496 Feb 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
The LHC at Cern. Cosmological research. The space programs. Countless others studying things way beyond any utility for the average person.
A LOT OF MONEY SPENT ON THOSE THINGS.
That is your science Topix atheists worship.
What about the diseases, hunger, social organization of the living population now and in the future? Building a better platform before we start reaching out?
There is a lot of hypocrisy in these secular humanist atheists.
Excellent example of what a narrow minded approach looks like. Something really bad happened on both Mars and Venus. Runaway greenhouse effect on Venus, the earth is just beginning to feel the effects of greenhouse gasses. Might be a real good idea to find out what happened on both planets especially Venus. It might just save our species. Can you put a price tag on maybe stoping our extinction?

Disease and hunger could bot be improved if we removed religion for the equation. With the Catholic church recommending an animal breeding cycle, and prohibiting birth control, the populations of these poor countries will continue to swell along with rampart disease and hunger.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153497 Feb 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!!
You sure get animated when someone questions your belief system.
What church do you belong to?
I abhor willful ignorance. I have zero tolerance for stupidity, and have no belief system. I'm not gullible enough to belong to a church. You know what they say about animals......."Animals don't have Gods, there're smarter than that."
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153498 Feb 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Poor maladjusted and angry Topix atheists. Nowhere to go but places like this to vent.
But the Creator has caused some of us to stay on here so they don't eat each other.
Poor souls. They are angry and want to take all the magic, hopes, dreams and such out of life. Bring chaos and misery to everyone else. They like to share.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =H7cmHh72-j0XX
If they had their way, sentiments like this would be banned. Not scientific enough.
Goodnight all.
Buckethead eh. I listened. Simplistic and repetitive. Horrible drummer, sounds like he's building a boat. No dynamic shadings, tonally vapid, and no fully developed melodies. endless arpeggios. As I suspected, children's music.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#153499 Feb 11, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>God made all!!! so you hate him huh?
No silly, lol. It's just a myth. I'm just pointing out what a stupid myth it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 5 hr Morse 2,615
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 6 hr SnuffAGlobalist 18
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 6 hr Morse 23,260
$13.5m for jehovah’s witness sex victim 10 hr P_Smith 2
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 10 hr P_Smith 9
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 12 hr Morse 1,455
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 14 hr thetruth 168
More from around the web