Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#153420 Feb 11, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I still think you're telling a whopper..
Like I said, You will find out! My Holy Almighty God, Jet Black, doesn't take kindly to non-believers!

All you have to do is say, "Dear Holy Almighty God, Jet Black, please send your spirit into my heart and show me the way!

You will notice that all, Holy Almighty God Jet Black, believers, believe exactly the same way! There is only one Jet Black sect! Not thousands like some other gods.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#153421 Feb 11, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>why do you lie? you know this how
My Holy Almighty God, Jet Black, told me!
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153422 Feb 11, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, gosh, I don't know why you think people are stupid enough to fall for that line of bullshit.
Anytime that a 'christian' is faced with a portion of the bible that they cannot explain, they first try to deny it, then ignore it, then make excuses for it, then cry like a stuck pig if you push them for an answer.
You are at the, "crying like a stuck pig", stage.
Ask his about slavery in the bible. First he'll start by challenging you to find the passages in the bible that support slavery....then he'll say that the word slavery really means servants. "They weren't slaves they were servants. And then when cornered with the passages that describe how these "servants" were paid for, and how they could be beaten within an inch of their lives, his final defense is that the translation I was using was wrong. Of course with 15-20 different version and translations he claimed I was using the wrong one. I guess he knew more than the biblical scholars who did the translation. It becomes comical when you see just how desperate these Theists are in their unsuccessful attempt to defend this immoral book of there's.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#153423 Feb 11, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
My Holy Almighty God, Jet Black, told me!
your god lied

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#153424 Feb 11, 2013
James 4:4
You adulterous people,[a] donít you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153425 Feb 11, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
This continuous spamming is proof there is a purpose to scam the readers by bringing scripture out of context and misrepresentation of scripture over and over. Repeated spamming.
Everyone enjoy this mans spamming, because he will repeat it another 100 times before the end of the year.
If anyone is serious about hearing a recant to this nonsense about rape. Iíll be glad to repost the 6 pages outlining that rape was illegal in the bible punishable by death.
While your at it, enlighten us about Gods instructions to Moses about slaughtering all the men, women, and children, but keeping the virgins for themselves as a reward. Now I'd like you to speculate on just how it was determined that these young girls were actually virgins. Some kind of test? An examination maybe?

Now enlighten us about Gods law that requires a rape victim to marry her rapist.

Then maybe we can cover blood sacrifice.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#153426 Feb 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not pretend to know, but am pretty sure it wasn't like the creation story of the bible Dave.
I think it is beyond our understanding atm, but we may eventually figure it out. There probably are many universes expanding out of this one,and out expanding out of many others.
Oh, you're "pretty sure".

Glad we got that cleared up.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#153427 Feb 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah, those powerful hi-def cameras should be able to pick up evidence of microscopic life buried under rock and sand no problem. I wonder why they can't detect fossilized remains hidden deep in rock formations. Nope no life at all, lets move on, nothing to see here.
At least we know there are no half buried Ford Model ďTísĒ in the sand dunes. Neither are there any highways, train tracks, abandoned motels or casinos. Not even a damn boot hill cemetery surrounded by a worn picket fence. Hell they havenít even seen any tumbleweeds.

NASA is actively looking for signs of life. But so far there has been nada. Not even at the microscopic level. Sorry Doc but it looks pretty bleak so far.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#153428 Feb 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Ask his about slavery in the bible. First he'll start by challenging you to find the passages in the bible that support slavery....then he'll say that the word slavery really means servants. "They weren't slaves they were servants. And then when cornered with the passages that describe how these "servants" were paid for, and how they could be beaten within an inch of their lives, his final defense is that the translation I was using was wrong. Of course with 15-20 different version and translations he claimed I was using the wrong one. I guess he knew more than the biblical scholars who did the translation. It becomes comical when you see just how desperate these Theists are in their unsuccessful attempt to defend this immoral book of there's.
You could not only beat them to within an inch of their lives, but you could kill them, too! The only requirement was, they had to suffer for a day or two between the beating and their death.

What kind of god would think that was good and righteous?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#153429 Feb 11, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Good advice.
Try it sometime.
I have plenty of times.

I'm not an egomaniac like a lot of the atheists out there. I can admit when I'm wrong.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153430 Feb 11, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
My Holy Almighty God, Jet Black, told me!
Are you challenging my God CROM? Crom the mighty, who looks down and laughs at your Jet Black. At the moment of your death you will finally know the truth. I feel intensely sorry for you.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#153431 Feb 11, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>your god lied
Ah, I wish you hadn't said that! That is the one thing that he said that he could never forgive. Now you are going to be sent into deep space. Your soul will survive forever in extreme pain and there is nothing that you can do about it.

I sure wish you hadn't a said that!

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#153432 Feb 11, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY! duckie12 was a Navy ROTC! He knows all about the military and what the government's HiDef cameras can do and if he says that they can see under rocks, then by god, they can see microbes under the rocks!
You fly high, duckie one two!
Yes I was and I had a great time being in ROTC. Back in those days the military was not popular because of the Vietnam War.

It didnít matter to us we still had a great time.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#153433 Feb 11, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, gosh, I don't know why you think people are stupid enough to fall for that line of bullshit.
Anytime that a 'christian' is faced with a portion of the bible that they cannot explain, they first try to deny it, then ignore it, then make excuses for it, then cry like a stuck pig if you push them for an answer.
You are at the, "crying like a stuck pig", stage.
Nope. I'm at no stage. I'm notion competition with you like you are with me.

I simply asked you a question regarding the Levites, a question you obviously don't know the answer to or don't care about learning.

You're stuck in your "buybull" mode and are willing to vehemently disregard any logic about the Bible.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#153434 Feb 11, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
At least we know there are no half buried Ford Model ďTísĒ in the sand dunes. Neither are there any highways, train tracks, abandoned motels or casinos. Not even a damn boot hill cemetery surrounded by a worn picket fence. Hell they havenít even seen any tumbleweeds.
NASA is actively looking for signs of life. But so far there has been nada. Not even at the microscopic level. Sorry Doc but it looks pretty bleak so far.
Every time you open your mouth, the world's IQ drops.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#153435 Feb 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Ask his about slavery in the bible. First he'll start by challenging you to find the passages in the bible that support slavery....then he'll say that the word slavery really means servants. "They weren't slaves they were servants. And then when cornered with the passages that describe how these "servants" were paid for, and how they could be beaten within an inch of their lives, his final defense is that the translation I was using was wrong. Of course with 15-20 different version and translations he claimed I was using the wrong one. I guess he knew more than the biblical scholars who did the translation. It becomes comical when you see just how desperate these Theists are in their unsuccessful attempt to defend this immoral book of there's.
We are fighting your illogic regarding scripture.

Problem?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#153436 Feb 11, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You could not only beat them to within an inch of their lives, but you could kill them, too! The only requirement was, they had to suffer for a day or two between the beating and their death.
What kind of god would think that was good and righteous?
What makes you assume that God condones beating someone to death?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#153437 Feb 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Are you challenging my God CROM? Crom the mighty, who looks down and laughs at your Jet Black. At the moment of your death you will finally know the truth. I feel intensely sorry for you.
Wait a minute! What are your holy days?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#153438 Feb 11, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It didnít matter to us we still had a great time.
Here, you have two sentences combined into one.

You need a period after "us," followed by "We...."

OK?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#153439 Feb 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you assume that God condones beating someone to death?
I've read the christian bible.

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 7 min woodtick57 2,195
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 13 min Thinking 23,171
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 7 hr _Bad Company 1,437
God' existence 12 hr polymath257 55
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 12 hr polymath257 112
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 12 hr Geezerjock 1
Australia: black magic pervert retard 13 hr Thinking 4
Evidence for God! 15 hr ChristineM 366
More from around the web