Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,371)

Showing posts 147,401 - 147,420 of223,248
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You have zero evidence of god, but we have evidence of spooky action at a distance....and a host of other quantum effects.
Want to talk quantum entanglement?
Amusing.

Spooky actions that violate your non-circular logic of science. Things appear and disappear, or don't work the way that non-circular logic predicted.

Yep, no possible way there can be a higher entity interacting with this universe. Just spooky anomalies.

Right?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
So what created the universe?
I do not pretend to know, but am pretty sure it wasn't like the creation story of the bible Dave.

I think it is beyond our understanding atm, but we may eventually figure it out. There probably are many universes expanding out of this one,and out expanding out of many others.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

And...Ours expanding out of many others...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you can properly read & understand Leviticus, you must first attempt to understand why the Levites needed laws.
Can you?
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You can say that with a straight face? Really?
But you don't really expect anyone to fall for it, do you?
You do? Then you are fu{king stupid. Sorry, I did try to sugar coat it, but I don't lie.
You could've just wrote "Gosh, I don't know."

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Including hell, the serpent, Satan, the decision to send people to be tortured for all eternity just for not groveling enough, etc. What a vile and hateful deity to cower to.
God made all!!! so you hate him huh?

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, my Supreme Holy Book says that anyone who follows any other book, is stupid. My book was written in the hearts of men long before your god was thought of. I know this because my Supreme Holy Book says so.
I don't believe you...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So reading an article from a scientific journal by a well know scientists does not constitute an education? REALLY? You mean you must actually sit in the classroom and take notes? Thats the only way we can educate ourselves? WOW, I guess you're serious!!! Must suck to be you!!!
Doesn't it fry your ass that we know more about the age of Mars than we do about your God. Here we have empirical evidence for the age of Mars, a big piece of rock orbiting the sun, how very much we know about it, yet the supposed creator of this rock and everything else in the universe, has not a shred of verifiable evidence. Oh, thats right, he actually touched you on the head.....cue the twilight zone music!!!!!
"we have empirical evidence for the age of Mars"

Please, divulge this evidence...

You can't, you know you can't.

The age of Mats is estimated & assumed based on the age of meteors, not based on the age of Martian rocks or soil.

Again, please share your secret knowledge of empirical evidence on the age of Mars.
Acadia

Hagerstown, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger" (Rom. 2:8).
This verse is what keeps troubling atheists. They know they are guilty and their time is just about up, thank God.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day" (Jn. 12:48).

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>:-)

So what created the universe?
A quantum foam fart.

Just like in your hot tub.

You're a creator of universes, Dave.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

2 Timothy 3:16-- "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.");
the writers are inspired of God

(2 Peter 1:21-- "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.");

I believe the holy word of God...

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day" (Jn. 12:48).
T-Clown you nefarious old reprobate where you been?

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
Come Lord Jesus!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
This continuous spamming is proof there is a purpose to scam the readers by bringing scripture out of context and misrepresentation of scripture over and over. Repeated spamming.
Everyone enjoy this mans spamming, because he will repeat it another 100 times before the end of the year.
If anyone is serious about hearing a recant to this nonsense about rape. Iíll be glad to repost the 6 pages outlining that rape was illegal in the bible punishable by death.
Yes! I would love to hear you say that "take hold of and humble her" is a good thing! LOL!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Using only biblical text, and nothing else?
Yeah, we are not allowed to do that! It makes them look stupid!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you can properly read & understand Leviticus, you must first attempt to understand why the Levites needed laws.
Can you?

You could've just wrote "Gosh, I don't know."
Good advice.

Try it sometime.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe you...
You'll pay for that! My Holy Almighty God, Jet Black, will see to that! You just wait and see!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know if it could or it couldn't. You weren't there to observe. It is purely speculation on your part. And of any scientist of today. All logic and deductions are based on present day observations in this time and place.
You guys are amazing. You rant on and on about no "official" documentation for a Jesus, even though you are livin gin his legacy, yet absolutely believe you know what happened 10^-34 second after the Big Bang.
Do some drugs. It might kick your heads on the right track.
So, your of the school of thought that says anything is possible. A rock could exist and not exist at the same time. You say it's possible, and of course you weren't there to observe. So you must now accept many possibilities as to our present here on this planet. Panspermia for one, seeded here by an advanced race another possibility. Your weren't here to observe so you really can't say either of these are NOT possibilities. Of course you may still keep you supreme creator theory and just one of many.

Since all logic and deductions are based on present day observations in this time and place, then you simply can NOT know with any certainly that your imaginary being has anything to do with anything.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>T-Clown you nefarious old reprobate where you been?
LOL! He's been here the whole time! He goes by many different names, but he thinks that you are too stupid to notice.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>T-Clown you nefarious old reprobate where you been?
Hey VCP! long time ol friend... its been a long time since I've been on this thread.. but Bro. Clownie is back...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 147,401 - 147,420 of223,248
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••