Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,369)

Showing posts 147,361 - 147,380 of223,052
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Rt9D20MDqvg
Topix atheist brain patterns set to music.
Enjoy.
I'll take as a fact that you know absolutely nothing about music. having established that fact, the music you offered up as a joke is actually very complex, much like the mind of the Atheist. There is polytonality on various levels, an expanding form, and multiple melodic motives being developed, some of them simultaneously. Itv only sounds weird to the untrained and shallow mind. Thanks for showing how truly complex and expansive the Atheists mind really is. Now go listen to your children music. You know the music that reflects your mind, simplistic, rigid, no room for any real growth, and dogmatic.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>If you were originally part of the conversation you would see how stupid you now appear. I suggest you go back and try as best you can to follow the actual dialog. Then you might want to comment on what transpired, otherwise you come off looking like a complete meathead!!! Good luck, and do try and pay attention!!!
Too late.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Then answer your own questions.
Because when we research these things, we find inconsistencies that make the whole story self refuting yet you somehow manage to see these same inconsistencies as making perfect sense.
How do you do that?
You don't do research on these things, you read (and believe) atheist propaganda websites. That is not research.

I asked him several questions, hoping to stimulate his athi-brain a little.

To no avail....
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

mtimber wrote:
As can be seen by Hedonist and Blacklagoon most recent arguments:
1. Absolute morality does not exist and I will use absolute morality to prove it.
2. The Laws of logic did not exist before mankind, so a rock could exist and not exist before they got here (must have been confusing for the dinosaurs).
So the point?
The truth of God, the First Cause, is self evident.
The absurdity of the contrary (as displayed by our two atheists on the last couple of pages), can also be tested logically.
When the contrary argument is presented, it is soon reduced to arbitrariness and contradictions, revealing that the contrary is in fact error.
Case closed.
You really should remove the word ABSOLUTE from your vocabulary, it consistently make you appear the fool!!!

You lied about #2.) I never said the laws of logic did NOT exist before man. I said the laws of logic are the PROPERTIES of man, meaning they can be adopted and used to conform to our experiences. Why is it that you feel you need to lie so much? A sure sign of insecurity. Poor you!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You really have a problem with your attention span don't you. Either that or you are completely unable to comprehend the written word. I explained this to you back on post #153260 the difference between accepting science and accepting myths.
It would appear that you are totally against any kind of education, correct? We should throw all science books away, maybe we should simply burn all books on science sine we would be reading only what they "assumed" and would be blindly following. Of course that would include all books on Geology, Astronomy, Biology, astrophysics, physics, microbiology, all of the medical sciences, oceanography, mathematics, evolutionary biology, entomology, ect. I'm sure i'm missing a great number of the sciences. What would you plan then be for our species to advance out understanding of the world around us, or don't you think that is important?
Once again it is evident that you oppose anything that deals with education. You see ignorance as a worthy trait. Your post seem to support your opinion on education and remaining willfully ignorant. Ever think of running for the school board??? Just wondering!!!
Reading a blog or an article in a magazine does not constitute an education.

Nobody on Earth KNOWS the age of Mars. It's age is merely speculated.

To think otherwise shows your lack of education.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
I will shorten your argument for you, so that hopefully you can see your absurd first premise.
Only atheists can do science.
Christians aren't atheists.
So Christians can't do science.
You failed to answer my questions of post #153327, are you afraid? To complex for you? Feeling the coward? Which??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
This is your god's way of curing leprosy.
Leviticus 14:49 And he shall take to cleanse the house two birds, and cedar wood, and scarlet, and hyssop:
50 And he shall kill the one of the birds in an earthen vessel over running water:
51 And he shall take the cedar wood, and the hyssop, and the scarlet, and the living bird, and dip them in the blood of the slain bird, and in the running water, and sprinkle the house seven times:
52 And he shall cleanse the house with the blood of the bird, and with the running water, and with the living bird, and with the cedar wood, and with the hyssop, and with the scarlet:
53 But he shall let go the living bird out of the city into the open fields, and make an atonement for the house: and it shall be clean.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Make up your mind! Is it symbolic or an actual cure? LOL!
Before you can properly read & understand Leviticus, you must first attempt to understand why the Levites needed laws.

Can you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
It's in your freaking bible, dipshit.
You know.
That big thick book collecting dust in your house that you've never read?
I want you to try something new, Aero.

I want you to THINK.

Why does there appear to be a contradiction in Jesus' lineage in Matthew & Luke?

Google your little ass off, I ain't just gonna give you the answer.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if that is an "absolute moral" statement, then you are saying all Buddhists, Hindus, and all other religions are immoral. Is that really the statement you want to make?
The holy bible says Jesus is the only way

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>is it your contention that before mankind existed a rock could exist and not exist at the same time?
Since you appear to deal in absolutes, do you ABSOLUTELY know that a rock can exists and not exists at the same time?
Remove yourself from your self-made psudo-intellecte for one moment and tell me if logically a rock can exist and cannot exist at the same time.
GOD made everything

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger" (Rom. 2:8).

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The holy bible says Jesus is the only way
The Bagavad Gita says Shiva answers all prayers.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters" (Matt. 12:30).
"There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day" (Jn. 12:48).
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
A rock cannot exist and not exist in the same place, the same time and in the same sense.
Because that would contradict the universal logical law of non-contradiction.
But you now have a problem.
Because you have claimed that man created the laws of logic.
So before mankind existed a rock could exist and not exist at the same time, in the same place and in the same sense.
This is what your atheism reduces you to.
Absurdity.
Isn't it about time you abandoned the illogical?
You lied once again...WTF is with you skippy. I NEVER said the laws of logic were created by man. Go back and read what I actually said.
Good boy, your right, a rock cannot exists and exist at the same time, whether man is present or not. A rock could never exist and exist at the same time whether it be now or 4.6 billion years ago. Man simple incorporated that fact into his experience. He ADOPTED that fact, he made it his PROPERTY. Look past you pseudo-bullshit and do your best to comprehend.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>GOD made everything
Including hell, the serpent, Satan, the decision to send people to be tortured for all eternity just for not groveling enough, etc. What a vile and hateful deity to cower to.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

1 Thessalonians 2:13-- "Ye received the Word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the Word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe."

If you don't believe the word of Almighty GOD you can't understand it...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you can properly read & understand Leviticus, you must first attempt to understand why the Levites needed laws.
Can you?
You can say that with a straight face? Really?

But you don't really expect anyone to fall for it, do you?

You do? Then you are fu{king stupid. Sorry, I did try to sugar coat it, but I don't lie.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Your example doesn't apply, simply because there is one requirement to being a Christian, the acceptance and belief that the Jesus! existed, was the son of the YAHWEH! and died for your "sin", etc...
Who are you to say that anyone that says they are a Christian has not and does not believe that? So what if they're a bad one, one one that isn't exemplary. Remember?, "sin is built in", in your belief set. You can try to do better, but you are expected to succumb to "sin", you can't escape it in your religious mythology.
It(being a Christian) is a construct or process of the mind, and does not require a license, a diploma, a degree or some sort of verification in order to provide a service or function, like the example you gave -*does*.
That's a specious and disingenuous tactic you employ when you give such an example.
Don't forget...
They said the Jesus! wasn't a "real Jew", either.
Who are you to claim that Frank William Abagnale, Jr. wasnít an Emergency Room Supervisor or an Airline Pilot for Pan Am at the age of 17? He claimed he was.

Denis Rader claimed he was a Christian, but was he really?

What one claims and what they really are can be two different things. A requisite for Christianity is obedience.
Notice what the scripture below says. It takes more than attendance to a church. It takes obeying Christ teachings.

Denis Rader attended church services and was active in his church. Yet he didnít follow Christ teachings when he murdered 10 people over several years.

Matthew 7:21
King James Version (KJV)

21. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

John 8:31

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The holy bible says Jesus is the only way
Well, my Supreme Holy Book says that anyone who follows any other book, is stupid. My book was written in the hearts of men long before your god was thought of. I know this because my Supreme Holy Book says so.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading a blog or an article in a magazine does not constitute an education.
Nobody on Earth KNOWS the age of Mars. It's age is merely speculated.
To think otherwise shows your lack of education.
So reading an article from a scientific journal by a well know scientists does not constitute an education? REALLY? You mean you must actually sit in the classroom and take notes? Thats the only way we can educate ourselves? WOW, I guess you're serious!!! Must suck to be you!!!

Doesn't it fry your ass that we know more about the age of Mars than we do about your God. Here we have empirical evidence for the age of Mars, a big piece of rock orbiting the sun, how very much we know about it, yet the supposed creator of this rock and everything else in the universe, has not a shred of verifiable evidence. Oh, thats right, he actually touched you on the head.....cue the twilight zone music!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 147,361 - 147,380 of223,052
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••