Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#153336 Feb 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed. These atheists are much like radical Islam in their tactics to "defeat" Christianity.

The funny thing is how much time they spend on God.(the same God they say they KNOW is fake...)
Religion=/=god

Religion exists.

Dolt.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#153337 Feb 11, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
No, your premise was unsound.
As I explained.
Keep beating that donkey if you want, but your premise is still unsound.
What "premise". Doe the cure as stated in the Bible work. There is no "premise", just a very straight forward yes or no question.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#153338 Feb 11, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
Please provide the names of the slaves Jesus owned and the scripture reference where he said he was ok with slavery.
Acadia wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a weak atheist coward, he won't be able to do it.
jesus is god, right?

Maybe you should spend more time reading the bible?

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#153339 Feb 11, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go again.
Defining "Good".
Whilst denying that "Good" can be defined...
You are contradicting yourself.
Still dancing and refusing to answer.

Based on your criteria for good morals are the commandments from Jehovah expressed in Exodus 21:2-6 and 20-21 good moral commandments?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#153341 Feb 11, 2013
This is your god's way of curing leprosy.
Leviticus 14:49 And he shall take to cleanse the house two birds, and cedar wood, and scarlet, and hyssop:
50 And he shall kill the one of the birds in an earthen vessel over running water:
51 And he shall take the cedar wood, and the hyssop, and the scarlet, and the living bird, and dip them in the blood of the slain bird, and in the running water, and sprinkle the house seven times:
52 And he shall cleanse the house with the blood of the bird, and with the running water, and with the living bird, and with the cedar wood, and with the hyssop, and with the scarlet:
53 But he shall let go the living bird out of the city into the open fields, and make an atonement for the house: and it shall be clean.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
An ignorance of prophetic symbology is the issue you have here.:-)
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already dealt with this in one sense.
But your premise is flawed anyway.
Your assumption that the instructions given in the Bible regarding leprosy is the only way to cure leprosy, is a false one.
The Bible does not state the strawman you are presenting.
Make up your mind! Is it symbolic or an actual cure? LOL!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#153342 Feb 11, 2013
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)
If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare,'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever.(Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you still trying to churn out this rubbish?
Seriously.
Account for morality and then you can judge the biblical morality.
Upon what basis is any of the above immoral in an atheistic worldview?
You nailed that one! It is rubbish.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#153343 Feb 11, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Still dancing and refusing to answer.
Based on your criteria for good morals are the commandments from Jehovah expressed in Exodus 21:2-6 and 20-21 good moral commandments?
He/she is a good dancer!

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#153344 Feb 11, 2013
mtimber wrote:
Hedonist, seriously now.
Concentrate for a moment.
You state there is no absolute moral standard of "good".
Then why do you keep appealing to an absolute moral standard of "good"?
The absolute morality that a religious person might profess would include stoning people for adultery, slavery, female subservience, death for breaking the Sabbath … these are all things which are religiously-based absolute moralities.

I don’t want any thing to do with your concept of absolute morality.

I want a morality that is thought out through a consensus of reasoning, sober discussion, argument, legal theory, and ethics philosophy.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#153345 Feb 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>That doesn't explain why there's an apparent contradiction...

Do you always & only rely on atheist propaganda websites for your "education" in this regard?
It's in your freaking bible, dipshit.

You know.

That big thick book collecting dust in your house that you've never read?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#153346 Feb 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Matthew 1:16

and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, and Mary was the mother of Jesus who is called the Messiah.
Is Jesus descended from David or not?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#153347 Feb 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Obvious?!?

Yes, it's obvious that atheists spend a whole lot of time on a religion and a God they claim to not believe in.

What's wrong? Worried about your afterlife? You wanna be able to tell God that you always hoped He was real?
You're now using some of the most idiotic fundy arguments.

Your desperation is showing.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#153348 Feb 11, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, have you heard of the true story of Frank William Abagnale, Jr. They made a movie about him based on a true story called,“Catch me if you Can.”
He claimed to have been a US Bureau of Prisons agent, a lawyer, Airline Pilot, and a Doctor. According to you he was all those things because he made that claim. The FBI didn’t buy, at least once they caught on to his game. He was even an emergency room supervisors over resident Doctors!
You might want to reconsider your requirements.
Frank William Abagnale, Jr.(pron.:/&#712;æb&#6 01;&#609;ne&#618;l/, Italian pronunciation:[aba&#626; &#712;&#626;ale]; born April 27, 1948) is an American security consultant known for his history as a former confidence trickster, check forger, impostor, and escape artist. He became one of the most famous impostors ever, claiming to have assumed no fewer than eight identities as an airline pilot, a doctor, a U.S. Bureau of Prisons agent, and a lawyer. He escaped from police custody twice (once from a taxiing airliner and once from a U.S. federal penitentiary), before he was 21 years old.[4] He served fewer than five years in prison before starting to work for the federal government. He is currently a consultant and lecturer for the FBI academy and field offices. He also runs Abagnale & Associates, a financial fraud consultancy company.[5]
Abagnale's life story provided the inspiration for the feature film Catch Me If You Can, a Broadway musical of the same name which opened in April 2011, and a ghostwritten autobiography also of the same name.
WIKI:
Your example doesn't apply, simply because there is one requirement to being a Christian, the acceptance and belief that the Jesus! existed, was the son of the YAHWEH! and died for your "sin", etc...

Who are you to say that anyone that says they are a Christian has not and does not believe that? So what if they're a bad one, one one that isn't exemplary. Remember?, "sin is built in", in your belief set. You can try to do better, but you are expected to succumb to "sin", you can't escape it in your religious mythology.

It(being a Christian) is a construct or process of the mind, and does not require a license, a diploma, a degree or some sort of verification in order to provide a service or function, like the example you gave -*does*.

That's a specious and disingenuous tactic you employ when you give such an example.

Don't forget...

They said the Jesus! wasn't a "real Jew", either.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153349 Feb 11, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
I will shorten your argument for you, so that hopefully you can see your absurd first premise.
Only atheists can do science.
Christians aren't atheists.
So Christians can't do science.
If you were originally part of the conversation you would see how stupid you now appear. I suggest you go back and try as best you can to follow the actual dialog. Then you might want to comment on what transpired, otherwise you come off looking like a complete meathead!!! Good luck, and do try and pay attention!!!

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#153350 Feb 11, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
But you said the laws of logic were man made.
If that was true then the law of non-contradiction would not have been in place before mankind existed.
Therefore a rock could both exist and not exist in the same place at that same time in the same sense.
According to your worldview.
And you think your worldview is logical?
You've got to be kidding? No one is that dense.

The physical world is what it is with or without homo sapiens in it.

The "laws of logic" are human constructs that are only applicable in considering human thought processes and philosophies.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#153351 Feb 11, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Jesus descended from David or not?
It doesn't matter, he's not the father.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153352 Feb 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Rt9D20MDqvgXX
Topix atheist brain patterns set to music.
Enjoy.
I'll take as a fact that you know absolutely nothing about music. having established that fact, the music you offered up as a joke is actually very complex, much like the mind of the Atheist. There is polytonality on various levels, an expanding form, and multiple melodic motives being developed, some of them simultaneously. Itv only sounds weird to the untrained and shallow mind. Thanks for showing how truly complex and expansive the Atheists mind really is. Now go listen to your children music. You know the music that reflects your mind, simplistic, rigid, no room for any real growth, and dogmatic.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#153353 Feb 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>If you were originally part of the conversation you would see how stupid you now appear. I suggest you go back and try as best you can to follow the actual dialog. Then you might want to comment on what transpired, otherwise you come off looking like a complete meathead!!! Good luck, and do try and pay attention!!!
Too late.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#153354 Feb 11, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Then answer your own questions.
Because when we research these things, we find inconsistencies that make the whole story self refuting yet you somehow manage to see these same inconsistencies as making perfect sense.
How do you do that?
You don't do research on these things, you read (and believe) atheist propaganda websites. That is not research.

I asked him several questions, hoping to stimulate his athi-brain a little.

To no avail....
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#153355 Feb 11, 2013
mtimber wrote:
As can be seen by Hedonist and Blacklagoon most recent arguments:
1. Absolute morality does not exist and I will use absolute morality to prove it.
2. The Laws of logic did not exist before mankind, so a rock could exist and not exist before they got here (must have been confusing for the dinosaurs).
So the point?
The truth of God, the First Cause, is self evident.
The absurdity of the contrary (as displayed by our two atheists on the last couple of pages), can also be tested logically.
When the contrary argument is presented, it is soon reduced to arbitrariness and contradictions, revealing that the contrary is in fact error.
Case closed.
You really should remove the word ABSOLUTE from your vocabulary, it consistently make you appear the fool!!!

You lied about #2.) I never said the laws of logic did NOT exist before man. I said the laws of logic are the PROPERTIES of man, meaning they can be adopted and used to conform to our experiences. Why is it that you feel you need to lie so much? A sure sign of insecurity. Poor you!!!!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#153356 Feb 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You really have a problem with your attention span don't you. Either that or you are completely unable to comprehend the written word. I explained this to you back on post #153260 the difference between accepting science and accepting myths.
It would appear that you are totally against any kind of education, correct? We should throw all science books away, maybe we should simply burn all books on science sine we would be reading only what they "assumed" and would be blindly following. Of course that would include all books on Geology, Astronomy, Biology, astrophysics, physics, microbiology, all of the medical sciences, oceanography, mathematics, evolutionary biology, entomology, ect. I'm sure i'm missing a great number of the sciences. What would you plan then be for our species to advance out understanding of the world around us, or don't you think that is important?
Once again it is evident that you oppose anything that deals with education. You see ignorance as a worthy trait. Your post seem to support your opinion on education and remaining willfully ignorant. Ever think of running for the school board??? Just wondering!!!
Reading a blog or an article in a magazine does not constitute an education.

Nobody on Earth KNOWS the age of Mars. It's age is merely speculated.

To think otherwise shows your lack of education.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam for peace, or violence? 1 hr surfer 16
Our world came from nothing? 4 hr Thinking 986
Man center of the universe. Fri fadu singh 84
Razer and Ben Affleck take on the atheists Fri Thinking 6
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Oct 16 Mikko 1,401
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... Oct 16 tha Professor 146
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' Oct 16 Thinking 88

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE