Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
147,141 - 147,160 of 224,084 Comments Last updated 26 min ago

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

GenoGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what your saying but I didnt make you change your beleifs , I never said I would make you beleive,, im just saying the whole argument is going nowhere thats all im saying
I doubt that we are going nowhere! From most reports, Atheism is growing very rapidly. I am guessing that the internet, with forums like this, is one of the main reasons.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
To me, the desert is masochism.
I have never understood the attraction, but many people here enjoy it-- Joshua Tree, even Death Valley. They say it's the geology. I'll take the coast, Sonoma Valley, that sort of stuff.
I love the desert. It's clean, open, and sterile. I grew up in heat, high humidity, bugs, mold, trees everywhere, and the swamps. Ugh.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Correct, it certainly wasn't an Atheists who ordered the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
True, they just developed the bomb and provided the option.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

How does one, according to your god, cure leprosy?
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats the point.
Everyone does have access to it.
That truth is expressed in so many different ways in Creation.
The suppression of that truth, also confirms it, as the suppression always relies on error and illogicity to attack the truth, showing its nature.
As I have been showing you over and over.
----------
This can again be displayed in this post, you deny absolute truth, by claiming an absolute truth...
Contradicting yourself again.
That very act of contradiction is the evidence that you are suppressing the truth.
It is there for anybody to see...
Since you obviously knew, but were too smart to say, I quoted god's cure for leprosy.

But since some may have missed it, I'll quote it again! LOL!

Leviticus 14:49 And he shall take to cleanse the house two birds, and cedar wood, and scarlet, and hyssop:

50 And he shall kill the one of the birds in an earthen vessel over running water:

51 And he shall take the cedar wood, and the hyssop, and the scarlet, and the living bird, and dip them in the blood of the slain bird, and in the running water, and sprinkle the house seven times:

52 And he shall cleanse the house with the blood of the bird, and with the running water, and with the living bird, and with the cedar wood, and with the hyssop, and with the scarlet:

53 But he shall let go the living bird out of the city into the open fields, and make an atonement for the house: and it shall be clean.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing.
You Topix atheists don't want anyone to define you, yet you feel free to define the powers and intents of a god to the theists that believe in it.
Where do you get your information? Where do you get the gall to do such a thing?
You're conflating existing things with the non existent.

Yes I do feel free to define the powers and intents of imaginary beings. Just like I define the powers and intents of Lord Zod.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that we are going nowhere! From most reports, Atheism is growing very rapidly. I am guessing that the internet, with forums like this, is one of the main reasons.
Get serious. You guys don't present very well.

All you are doing is drawing the others like you out of the woodwork.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

GenoGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude your not getting the point of my comment, I meant, you all disagree with each other, and it'll keep going round in circles, no maatter what you say to them, they wont beleive you
mtimber is a poe or a troll; he is not a believer. He is playing a game; but his game is helping me show the other readers how silly and often evil the bible god is, so I play along.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right about that. However we can learn from these Atheist. They do have some value that we can use. Also one must take in account those that come to the thread to read both sides of the argument. Some of these people may be on the fence. The fence riders can be reached.
Yep! That's why I quote the bible!!

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
You're conflating existing things with the non existent.
Yes I do feel free to define the powers and intents of imaginary beings. Just like I define the powers and intents of Lord Zod.
Your beliefs are imaginary.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
And the reason they refuse to accept what they are saying is because they are suppressing the truth.
My purpose here is not to educate that anti-theists.
My purpose here is to help those that are willing to think, to actually think...
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare,'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever.(Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
mtimber is a poe or a troll; he is not a believer. He is playing a game; but his game is helping me show the other readers how silly and often evil the bible god is, so I play along.
The Bible God has more fans than you do. Don't quit your day job. You won't be hitting the big time.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
And what of those who do NOT reject God but also suffer?

God also knew that Eve would taste of the apple from the tree of knowledge, he knew it but punisher her and all of mankind for all times. God also knew that Jesus could never really die, he offered him up as a sacrifice knowing he would rise from the dead and become as God. What kind of a sacrifice is that, and you Theists fell for it. Histories biggest hoax, and you people think it was a sacrifice.
Well stated.

A person needs to be illogical to be religious.

A person needs to believe in superstition to be religious.

Modern day Neanderthals.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Get serious. You guys don't present very well.
All you are doing is drawing the others like you out of the woodwork.
Wow! I heard of your kind talking before!

29 And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.

30 And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? and he said, Nay.

But I didn't know you could work a computer too!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Hmmmm...

I wonder if changing the bulb in Topix atheist's head to more energy efficient types will help? Maybe get enough light out of the low wattage available to them to see beyond themselves.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing.
You Topix atheists don't want anyone to define you, yet you feel free to define the powers and intents of a god to the theists that believe in it.
Where do you get your information? Where do you get the gall to do such a thing?
I get all my information from Theists who claim their deity has given them free will. Free will to choose good over evil. They miss the logic of such a belief, that logic that shows their God knows what they will do before they do it, thus making the concept of free will, totally bogus.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
Hmmmm...

I wonder if changing the bulb in Topix atheist's head to more energy efficient types will help? Maybe get enough light out of the low wattage available to them to see beyond themselves.
I don't think you can get that much light out of that low of wattage.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Doctor REALITY wrote:
Atheists KNOW God is REAL. They just CHOOSE to be STOOPID.
Theist know that due to the complete lack of evidence combined with reason and logic, that their imaginary friend cannot exist, they are just to embarrassed to admit it. I would be to, if I spent my life shaping all my action to please this myth.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
That's because everyday people are wising up and getting smarter. No time for fairy tales just because someone "told you" to believe them.

http://theweek.com/article/index/226625/the-r...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I get all my information from Theists who claim their deity has given them free will. Free will to choose good over evil. They miss the logic of such a belief, that logic that shows their God knows what they will do before they do it, thus making the concept of free will, totally bogus.
Where does it say God has eternal pre-cognizance of individuals actions that it gave free will?

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your beliefs are imaginary.
So are your's.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 21 min DonPanic 21,384
Our world came from nothing? 4 hr Charchar king 192
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 hr religionisillness 834
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 5 hr religionisillness 361
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 10 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 10 hr Patrick 3
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... Wed Patrick 1,285
•••
•••