Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,338)

Showing posts 146,741 - 146,760 of217,275
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

zander714 wrote:
When we leave this world, we are going back to God himself.
Oh, good.

So why are you hangin' around here again?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, grumpy, sure.
<quoted text>I wouldn't know.
What's it like? Ahh, I forgot about the *Electric Universe* theory you favor. You don't have to answer, I've seen how it affects you.
That theory points in a more accurate direction. But it leads to a Supreme Being. It will be fought tooth and nail, but it can not be denied.

Your body, your chainsaw, and this universe were not assembled by gravity. Your use of that chainsaw and that computer proves laws channeling that bipolar energy exist. Look at lots of those deep space photos and look at neurons.

You suffer from delusions of grandeur if you think we as individual humans came up with that manipulation of forces first.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm... I was thinking Frankie Avalon, but I looked it up and it was his doppelganger,Paul Anka.
Huuuge difference!

Paul Anka has (had?) a voice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread924...

Can you imagine sitting around all day carving these things?

Lots and lots of spare time on people's hands, or they had some economical value.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing.
I was an atheist for 50 years. I've had countless discussions on the subject, used much the same basis for it as you guys, a disbelief in Bible God at first. For the record, I still don't believe in that version. But the difference between you and me was I didn't tell others they were stupid for believing, or get into knock down drag outs with them. I gave arguments for why I believed what I did. I denied the existence of gods. It was my belief. I had no reason to weasel words to define myself.
I will say this kindly.
YOU WILL NOT TELL ME WHAT A FUCKING ATHEIST IS OR ISN'T.
My present views are fairly recent. I do not subscribe to a particular god or belief system. I am just aware, reinforced heavily by an understanding of physics and systems.
All you words and not a single thing addressing anything I said. Fascinating.

Care to point out where I have ever told anyone their were stupid for believing, or are you just making stuff up (again)?

As atheism itself is noting more than a category which includes all lines of thought not in the category of theism, there are lots of different and extremely varied views.

Personally, I more an ignostic or theological noncognitivist when in comes to my non-theistic argument. But, as I have said on many occasions, that really tells you nothing about what a person is, just what they are not (i.e., not theist). I, like a number of atheists on these threads, am also a Humanist.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinion is based on facts.
You seem over-sensitized to criticism. Had a lot of it?
Who agreed your opinion was based on facts? You?

Ok

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Who agreed your opinion was based on facts? You?
Ok
It would be obvious to any intelligent person without mental issues.

Sorry you can't see that.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Still You can't answer this question?
Do You believe there is no God or gods?
If you answer no then why do you attack Theists and call their faith a myth?
You do this because you do have a positive assertion that there is no God or gods. The facts are posted all over these threads by atheist and you with a positive assertion that there is no such thing as a God or gods.
Sorry but you still lose.
You sound so much like a broken thing, repeating the same lines...... and never able to produce the god you so dream up.
\\

You so far from ever winning anything propose to defeat me.
But have never even brought your claim into the light enough

to be seen by anyone but yourself.

Again if you produce the evidence you have anything but lies to offer, I would follow your cause. And I could incite men to follow me. But you in fact incite lies, and deception.

You have no power of any nature , let alone any power above it.
My steel and lead will shred and dismember you to fubar.

My strength will see this through, your end was a calculation, both above your ability to resist and surmountable only by our obituary. I am a Lord above you and you subject to my command.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

zander714 wrote:
When we leave this world, we are going back to God himself.
no one leaves this world,not until we build the Spaceships
lol
tough luck huh?

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
You are the one who confessed to torturing animals as a child and you dream about your Jesus having non believers tortured for eternity. How can you possibly be a bigger sadist? Now compare all your sadist talk to yourself and Jesus.
<quoted text>
We have touched on a very serious physiological imbalance in your persona. Your sadism trait is also found in mass murderers. Itís seen in your annotations and itís evident that you have serious anti social issues. It has nothing to do with Atheism but everything to do with sadism.

We donít know your past or what you are doing now with this pain inflecting personality. I can only hope you have not hurt or killed anyone in the physical sense. People should be very concerned that live near you. The BTK killer was able to mask his sadism for years in the community.

Saddam Hussein and his two sons were also sadist. Very dangerous and took great pleasure in torturing people. Iím not saying you are a murder. Iím saying I canít say youíre not. That concerns me very much. You wear your sadism on your sleeve for everyone to see.

You fail to realize that this is not a desirable trait that you are carrying around. Itís far from being the norm. Get help.

Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
no one leaves this world,not until we build the Spaceships
lol
tough luck huh?
Buddha purchased my Bible with a $10 dollar bill, when He asked me for his change I said, "Alas, Buddha... change must come from within..."

;)

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes I think that quibbling is what Topix is for. We sure do see a lot of it. Here on the Atheist forum, we have one writer who seems to be do nothing but argue about whether the UK is a monarchy or not and another who spent months arguing about whether humans landed on the moon as aliens to it and whether Pharaohs were really gods. IMO, those who repeat the same tired arguments without end are dead weight in forums that could be moving along instead of getting stuck all of the time.
Sometimes I feel like Diogenes in a fruitless search for original thinking. They are few and far between. One of the reasons that I post less often than most other regulars is that I try not to repeat what has already been said more than can be helped.
There's an old joke, kinda gross, but apt:
"Daddy, Daddy, I keep going around in circles."
"Shut up or I'll nail down your other foot!"
Some of us write like that kid, with one of both feet nailed to a single argument. I'd love to see more with their feet free (and healed), running with wild abandon in the realm of ideas.
I always find what you write to be interesting and always look forward to seeing what you have to say.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That theory points in a more accurate direction. But it leads to a Supreme Being. It will be fought tooth and nail, but it can not be denied.
Your body, your chainsaw, and this universe were not assembled by gravity. Your use of that chainsaw and that computer proves laws channeling that bipolar energy exist. Look at lots of those deep space photos and look at neurons.
You suffer from delusions of grandeur if you think we as individual humans came up with that manipulation of forces first.
so,do tell,who assembled the Supreme Being?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Ok hey let's play along for fun. Ahem.

So Dave you say you were an atheist for 50 years yes? So as a long time non believer how did you find god?
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be obvious to any intelligent person without mental issues.
Sorry you can't see that.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Wow you are really tearing into Jesus! Again Daffy you believe you will be in heaven looking down at people getting tortured forever in hell while Jesus high fives you. You and you religion are the very definition of sadist. Sorry but it is the truth.

I see you can't even deny it.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
We have touched on a very serious physiological imbalance in your persona. Your sadism trait is also found in mass murderers. Itís seen in your annotations and itís evident that you have serious anti social issues. It has nothing to do with Atheism but everything to do with sadism.
We donít know your past or what you are doing now with this pain inflecting personality. I can only hope you have not hurt or killed anyone in the physical sense. People should be very concerned that live near you. The BTK killer was able to mask his sadism for years in the community.
Saddam Hussein and his two sons were also sadist. Very dangerous and took great pleasure in torturing people. Iím not saying you are a murder. Iím saying I canít say youíre not. That concerns me very much. You wear your sadism on your sleeve for everyone to see.
You fail to realize that this is not a desirable trait that you are carrying around. Itís far from being the norm. Get help.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You sound so much like a broken thing, repeating the same lines...... and never able to produce the god you so dream up.
\\
You so far from ever winning anything propose to defeat me.
But have never even brought your claim into the light enough
to be seen by anyone but yourself.
Again if you produce the evidence you have anything but lies to offer, I would follow your cause. And I could incite men to follow me. But you in fact incite lies, and deception.
You have no power of any nature , let alone any power above it.
My steel and lead will shred and dismember you to fubar.
My strength will see this through, your end was a calculation, both above your ability to resist and surmountable only by our obituary. I am a Lord above you and you subject to my command.
I donít think itís possible for an individual to prove to you that God is real in this life.

The proof you need comes after you have died. All I can say you will get that chance to find out.

If your right that mankind doesnít have a soul then your will just expire. But if you are wrong and mankind does have a soul you will know that God is, was and forever was real.

I know he is real. Iím not guessing, or hoping, I know for myself that he is real. Beyond any shadow of doubt and beyond faith into the absolutes, positive. Thatís how sure I am.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Wow you are really tearing into Jesus! Again Daffy you believe you will be in heaven looking down at people getting tortured forever in hell while Jesus high fives you. You and you religion are the very definition of sadist. Sorry but it is the truth.
I see you can't even deny it.
<quoted text>
2 Peter 3:9
King James Version (KJV)

9 "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít think itís possible for an individual to prove to you that God is real in this life.
The proof you need comes after you have died. All I can say you will get that chance to find out.
If your right that mankind doesnít have a soul then your will just expire. But if you are wrong and mankind does have a soul you will know that God is, was and forever was real.
I know he is real. Iím not guessing, or hoping, I know for myself that he is real. Beyond any shadow of doubt and beyond faith into the absolutes, positive. Thatís how sure I am.
boy are you gonna be fked meeting Allah then!
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Since his birth, poor blind Herbie had never seen the light of day. One day at bedtime, his mother told him that the next day would be a very special one. If he prayed extra hard to Jesus, he'd be able to see when he woke up the next morning.

Eagerly, Herbie crouched down on his knees beside his bed and put his hands together. For hours, he prayed and prayed to Jesus.

The next morning Herbie's mother came into his room and gently woke him from his sleep.

"Well Herbie, open your eyes and you'll know that Jesus answered your prayers."

Little Herbie slowly opened his eyes, only to cry out, "Mother! Mother! I STILL CAN'T SEE!"

"I know, dear," said his mother. "APRIL FOOL"!

;)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. This is because your god is 100% myth, delusional ravings of a drug-induced, demented mind.
Eagle12 wrote:
If that's the case? I have nothing to worry about. For if there is a god, it's not YOUR god-- YOUR god is nearly pure evil.
Eagle12 wrote:
Again? It is safe to say, this hypothetical god won't be anything YOU know about.
Eagle12 wrote:
No-- you "know" no such thing. This is your own self-induced delusions speaking.

And a demonstration of the depths of your mental depravity.

For the god you >>think<< you know? Is so evil, that if >>your<< god were real?

Your monster/terrorist god would have destroyed humankind long before now.

So, no. You are 100% wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 146,741 - 146,760 of217,275
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••