Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,330)

Showing posts 146,581 - 146,600 of217,342
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>What is this, the transitive property of definition synonyms?

Trying to convince your wife to see an action movie is persuasion.
Persuasion is a synonym of religion.
Thus, trying to convince your wife to see an action movie is a religion.
I'll stay away from action movies!

:-)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
104 is my max. They tell me protein denatures at higher temps, whatever that means.
I was at one of those natural hot springs, but I can't remember where it was. It was on a hillside, and they had pools scattered about, at different temperatures. Now I'm driving myself crazy trying to remember where it was.
One nice thing about my hot tub--it heats up very quickly, I have a heater pump that's for a small pool.
The pools at Ojo Caliente had different mineral baths, too. Iron, arsenic, and others. Plus private pools.

Geronimo used to hang out in that area with his buds.

Kind of an out of the way area.

Truth or Consequences, NM was originally named Hot Springs. They have those there, too.

I need to get one of those type heaters.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>You believe there is a god, the atheist does not believe.

What part of this are you confused about?

The believing part.

No Lango, sorry about your luck...but the atheist does not believe.
Do You believe there is no God or gods?

If you answer no then why do you attack Theists and call their faith a myth? You do this because you do have a positive assertion that there is no God or gods.
The facts are posted all over these threads by atheist and you with a positive assertion that there is no such thing as a God or gods.

Sorry but you lose.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
There is plenty of empirical evidence, recorded in history.
Also the evidence is within you and around you, in all the laws that govern mind and matter.
The problem is not evidence, the problem is tha you do not want to be led down the path the evidence provides.
So you suppress the truth, so that you can continue in sin.
Sin is a man made concept used to control people.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder how many hundreds of times you will repost this without a shred of reason why it is incorrect?

I know you are jealous but hey instead of making yourself look like a jackass go out and do some charity work yourself.
Baaaaahaaaaaahaaaaa
Please stop!!!!
Lol BAAAAAHAAAAHAAAAA

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is
It's a religion
Religion
Synonyms: credo, creed, cult, FAITH, persuasion
faith\ˈfāth\
noun
b (1): firm belief in something for which there is no proof
Atheism
Belief that there is no Deity or Deities.
Hence - Atheism = Religion
And bald is a hair colour. Why do you insist on been stupid?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a religion.
Religion
faith\ˈfāth\
noun
Atheism
So antiUnicorniasm is a religion too, right?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

River Tam wrote:
Christianity or Hamburger Helper?
Technically, wouldn't christians prefer tuna helper?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Just Think wrote:
Sin is a man made concept used to control people.
Correct. Religion also uses fear to control people.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is
It's a religion
Religion
faith\ˈfāth\
noun
Atheism
People who believe there is no such things as Leprechauns have their own religion? Really?

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a religion.
Religion
faith\ˈfāth\
noun
Atheism
No it isn't

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
People who believe there is no such things as Leprechauns have their own religion? Really?
There must be lots of nonreligions anti Toothfairy, anti Santa, anti Easter bunny....

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Technically, wouldn't christians prefer tuna helper?
That would be lesbians but thanks for playing.
tabby

Warrensburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

The conflict over the principles of evolution has become a religious war. But initiated by the evolutionary side of the argument. It really is no longer about scientific investigation. It's about the evolutionist demonizing any opposing view. Why?
Because if they allow one aspect of their theory to be closely scrutinized it all falls down like a house of cards. Why do you suppose evolutionists run from questions about the very foundation of their belief; How do we get from the inorganic world to the world of the cell? How did the non-living become the living? How can there be a Darwinian theory about life without a theory of how that life began? Therefore, the use of hyperbole and ad hominem attacks.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

The mental state of these "atheists", their detachment from reality and creating their own version is really on the sad side.

You have to laugh at them and play along with their fantasies to keep from getting so depressed.

They love the interaction. Kind of a fuzzy grounding, but keeps them from getting too lost.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

The irrationality exhibited by these Topix atheist regarding the definition of atheist is the real indicator of their mental state. They refute long established definitions. There appears to be some kneejerk reaction to being judged or classified in some group, though they don't hesitate to do it to everyone that disagrees with them, which is another telling point. If you don't agree with them exactly, then you are lumped into one great big group oppressing them.

There are some serious mental issues among them. The scary part is they are empowered to vote and determine the destiny of man, while their issues can be manipulated by others with axes to grind.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
their detachment from reality and creating their own version is really on the sad side. You have to laugh at them and play along with their fantasies to keep from getting so depressed. They love the interaction. Kind of a fuzzy grounding, but keeps them from getting too lost.
You're talking about religious people and their bibull right? LOL... OK, that's rhetorical.
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
You forget the Conservative version of the Bible --
"You were hungry and thirsty, so I eliminated funding for Meals on Wheels and food banks. You were a stranger, so I vilified you and demanded that you be deported. You were naked, so I called you an evil Liberal who hates Conservative family values. You were sick, so I repealed your only hope for health care. You were in prison, so I tortured you."
The Bible... Unfit for children to read.
Seldom,if ever, read by the faithful.

Modern scholarship exposes the nonsense of the Bible as never before. The men who wrote these gospels, knew nothing of science and rationality. They could not anticipate the skills and insights which would be brought to bear on their silly fantasy far into the future.

Until recent times, the Bible was a forbidden book, denied to all but the clergy. In the vast compendium of nonsense, selectively read in Latin to illiterate peasantry, who would have noticed the myriad inconsistencies, contradictions and absurdities?
Atheist Silurist

Belfast, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
The irrationality exhibited by these Topix atheist regarding the definition of atheist is the real indicator of their mental state. They refute long established definitions. There appears to be some kneejerk reaction to being judged or classified in some group, though they don't hesitate to do it to everyone that disagrees with them, which is another telling point. If you don't agree with them exactly, then you are lumped into one great big group oppressing them.
There are some serious mental issues among them. The scary part is they are empowered to vote and determine the destiny of man, while their issues can be manipulated by others with axes to grind.
How would you define a person that doesn't swallow childish superstitious bollocks like religious myths and fables?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

The Topix atheist pattern of demonizing the more than overwhelming majority of the world's belief systems, their special knowledge and insight coupled with their need to proselytize, while doing that demonizing, along with logical thinking they present not of the caliber they advertise, their almost universal reading the same identical script in their talking points, and propensity to be obnoxious rather than reasoned and rational is downright unsettling. Perhaps it is the concentration of them on forums like this that magnifies the threat they are.

Weird.

I think I may indulge myself and have a nightmare where they take over the world.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 146,581 - 146,600 of217,342
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••