Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,316)

Showing posts 146,301 - 146,320 of216,278
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152253
Feb 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sacred geometry".
Designed to fit geometric and astronomic conditions.
Masons.
Dragon current. Qi. Buildings that were "abominations upon the land". Ley lines.
Been around a long time.
Yes, quackery has been around a long time. Always has trouble when faced with actual scientific scrutiny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ley_line

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152254
Feb 7, 2013
 
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
They physically exist.
I'm talking about the effects you are claiming.

I could say I developed a method whereby eggs can 'block' gravity and float indefinitely. Both eggs and gravity exist, but that is not support for my claim.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152255
Feb 7, 2013
 
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, quackery has been around a long time. Always has trouble when faced with actual scientific scrutiny.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ley_line
Keep the faith, baby.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152256
Feb 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep the faith, baby.
That seems to be your motto. Idea debunked? Keep believing it.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152257
Feb 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm talking about the effects you are claiming.
I could say I developed a method whereby eggs can 'block' gravity and float indefinitely. Both eggs and gravity exist, but that is not support for my claim.
You could say lots of things, but your ability to actually come up with something on your own is very improbable, given your predisposition to blindly accept the interpretations of others because they are "authorities".

Applied physcis is stuff that works, even though maybe not exactly in the way currently thought. Theoretical physics, which is the orbit you are caught in, is purely speculation, and quite often mental masturbation. Stay there if you wish to be in the middle of a circle jerk.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152258
Feb 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You could say lots of things, but your ability to actually come up with something on your own is very improbable, given your predisposition to blindly accept the interpretations of others because they are "authorities".
Applied physcis is stuff that works, even though maybe not exactly in the way currently thought. Theoretical physics, which is the orbit you are caught in, is purely speculation, and quite often mental masturbation. Stay there if you wish to be in the middle of a circle jerk.
You've yet to show a single application. You're all talk and no substance.

Why aren't the amazing personal results you got in your basement up on youtube?
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152259
Feb 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The bollocks is strong in this one...
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You could say lots of things, but your ability to actually come up with something on your own is very improbable, given your predisposition to blindly accept the interpretations of others because they are "authorities".
Applied physcis is stuff that works, even though maybe not exactly in the way currently thought. Theoretical physics, which is the orbit you are caught in, is purely speculation, and quite often mental masturbation. Stay there if you wish to be in the middle of a circle jerk.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152260
Feb 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't bother yourself about it. Just sit in your pew and listen to "The Truth" dispensed from the pulpit. Admire the brilliant priest in his lab coat and know he understands the mysteries better than you. Especially since he uses such impressive words, phrases, and references to the discoveries of other men, the Saints of science.
Don't worry, be happy.
I thoroughly enjoy your witty informative posts. They are like a breath of fresh air in a stale room.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152261
Feb 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
You've yet to show a single application. You're all talk and no substance.
Why aren't the amazing personal results you got in your basement up on youtube?
Listen to you. The Defender of the Faithful of Science.

Your actual knowledge of physics likely doesn't extend beyond turning a page or using a mouse on a computer screen.

And you get on here and shriek "YOU LIE!!!! IT CAN'T BE TRUE!!! I DIDN'T READ IT IN A BOOK OR SEE IT ON THE TV!!!!" LIAR!!! HERETIC!!!!".

Dumbass.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152262
Feb 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

LucindaW wrote:
<quoted text>
I thoroughly enjoy your witty informative posts. They are like a breath of fresh air in a stale room.
Why, thank you, Lucinda. But any old fart will smell better than these guys.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152263
Feb 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

You clearly enjoy a mouthful of bollocks and will swallow most things.
LucindaW wrote:
<quoted text>
I thoroughly enjoy your witty informative posts. They are like a breath of fresh air in a stale room.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152264
Feb 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen to you. The Defender of the Faithful of Science.
Your actual knowledge of physics likely doesn't extend beyond turning a page or using a mouse on a computer screen.
And you get on here and shriek "YOU LIE!!!! IT CAN'T BE TRUE!!! I DIDN'T READ IT IN A BOOK OR SEE IT ON THE TV!!!!" LIAR!!! HERETIC!!!!".
Dumbass.
I haven't been shrieking. All I'm doing is asking for evidence and you can't back up a single thing you've said and you make references to phenomena known to be debunked.

Got that youtube video of your experiments yet? I guess you're just keeping this scientific discovery to yourself. Makes sense.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152265
Feb 7, 2013
 
Pyramid schemes always fail.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sacred geometry".
Designed to fit geometric and astronomic conditions.
Masons.
Dragon current. Qi. Buildings that were "abominations upon the land". Ley lines.
Been around a long time.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152266
Feb 7, 2013
 
You're the psycho overusing capitalisation...
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen to you. The Defender of the Faithful of Science.
Your actual knowledge of physics likely doesn't extend beyond turning a page or using a mouse on a computer screen.
And you get on here and shriek "YOU LIE!!!! IT CAN'T BE TRUE!!! I DIDN'T READ IT IN A BOOK OR SEE IT ON THE TV!!!!" LIAR!!! HERETIC!!!!".
Dumbass.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152267
Feb 7, 2013
 
Religious BSers always have "special knowledge", don't they?
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't been shrieking. All I'm doing is asking for evidence and you can't back up a single thing you've said and you make references to phenomena known to be debunked.
Got that youtube video of your experiments yet? I guess you're just keeping this scientific discovery to yourself. Makes sense.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152268
Feb 7, 2013
 
Thinking wrote:
I'm sorry to admit that I'm a lapsed East Enderer. Last time I saw Eastern Block Benders was when Alfie couldn't get a condom to do Kat. Social anathema?
<quoted text>
omg, that is old, they're not even together any more, kat did it with one of the branning brothers, lol, kat will be kat! I sometimes watch it when it gets interesting.

@Mylan...of course i know that, catcher calls me an orange all the time!

@Aura....what movie u gonna take me to see? I watched 3 sh*t films in a row, so it better be good!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152269
Feb 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/a-s...

Increased radiation levels, they found out, in past ones. Recalibrate those Carbon-14 thingies again.

The theoretical science worshiped by Topix atheists are static pictures math geeks try to work puzzles from. The universe is too dynamic for them.

Dumb asses are 14 billion years behind the times in many instances.

They bypass common sense and the basic things they should have learned.

It's a cult.

http://www.france24.com/en/20130207-asian-ast...

This sort of stuff has been around for eons. Perversions and misinterpretations of the basic physical forces I have been describing. Just like the physicists counting infinite universes in infinitely small singularities because their numbers tell them they should be there somewhere. Or maybe it is the drugs.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152270
Feb 7, 2013
 
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, first of all, thank you for your responses and honesty, I like to learn from others about their views.
I don't think you understand Christianity, however. Yes, we are sinning now, we do not believe humanity can achieve a sinless state, otherwise Jesus would never have needed to come. Yes, his Apostles........The British bash themselves and loath their past, which is sad. Despite their mistakes, and the British East India Company and events that led up to the Sepoy Rebellion, they did more good than bad in the world, and they helped India more than you realize.
Well, i never met a Christian with your kinda thinking, they normally all say every who isn't a christian is going to hell.

The British helped India? OK, if u say so.:-)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152271
Feb 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Thinking wrote:
You're the psycho overusing capitalisation...
<quoted text>
It's a shame your brain lacks the circuitry to analyze things. It just kinda works with whatever someone you consider an authority pours into it.

Don't worry, be happy.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152272
Feb 7, 2013
 
Givemeliberty wrote:
Clem nailed it! Christholes live in a bubble. Their so called god coming to live with people myth was done hundreds of times before the myth of Jesus was written.
<quoted text>
Hey, u! keep quiet...Ssshhhhh! Stop putting words in my mouth, I never said that, i can see what you're trying to do, u want to ruin my reputation! I'm neutral, I tell ya!!! Don't make me get my nail gun out, i don't even know how to use it, i'm warning u!*angry face and tongue stickin' out*

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 146,301 - 146,320 of216,278
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••