Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#152263 Feb 7, 2013
You clearly enjoy a mouthful of bollocks and will swallow most things.
LucindaW wrote:
<quoted text>
I thoroughly enjoy your witty informative posts. They are like a breath of fresh air in a stale room.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#152264 Feb 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen to you. The Defender of the Faithful of Science.
Your actual knowledge of physics likely doesn't extend beyond turning a page or using a mouse on a computer screen.
And you get on here and shriek "YOU LIE!!!! IT CAN'T BE TRUE!!! I DIDN'T READ IT IN A BOOK OR SEE IT ON THE TV!!!!" LIAR!!! HERETIC!!!!".
Dumbass.
I haven't been shrieking. All I'm doing is asking for evidence and you can't back up a single thing you've said and you make references to phenomena known to be debunked.

Got that youtube video of your experiments yet? I guess you're just keeping this scientific discovery to yourself. Makes sense.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#152265 Feb 7, 2013
Pyramid schemes always fail.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sacred geometry".
Designed to fit geometric and astronomic conditions.
Masons.
Dragon current. Qi. Buildings that were "abominations upon the land". Ley lines.
Been around a long time.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#152266 Feb 7, 2013
You're the psycho overusing capitalisation...
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen to you. The Defender of the Faithful of Science.
Your actual knowledge of physics likely doesn't extend beyond turning a page or using a mouse on a computer screen.
And you get on here and shriek "YOU LIE!!!! IT CAN'T BE TRUE!!! I DIDN'T READ IT IN A BOOK OR SEE IT ON THE TV!!!!" LIAR!!! HERETIC!!!!".
Dumbass.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#152267 Feb 7, 2013
Religious BSers always have "special knowledge", don't they?
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't been shrieking. All I'm doing is asking for evidence and you can't back up a single thing you've said and you make references to phenomena known to be debunked.
Got that youtube video of your experiments yet? I guess you're just keeping this scientific discovery to yourself. Makes sense.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#152268 Feb 7, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I'm sorry to admit that I'm a lapsed East Enderer. Last time I saw Eastern Block Benders was when Alfie couldn't get a condom to do Kat. Social anathema?
<quoted text>
omg, that is old, they're not even together any more, kat did it with one of the branning brothers, lol, kat will be kat! I sometimes watch it when it gets interesting.

@Mylan...of course i know that, catcher calls me an orange all the time!

@Aura....what movie u gonna take me to see? I watched 3 sh*t films in a row, so it better be good!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#152269 Feb 7, 2013
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/a-s...

Increased radiation levels, they found out, in past ones. Recalibrate those Carbon-14 thingies again.

The theoretical science worshiped by Topix atheists are static pictures math geeks try to work puzzles from. The universe is too dynamic for them.

Dumb asses are 14 billion years behind the times in many instances.

They bypass common sense and the basic things they should have learned.

It's a cult.

http://www.france24.com/en/20130207-asian-ast...

This sort of stuff has been around for eons. Perversions and misinterpretations of the basic physical forces I have been describing. Just like the physicists counting infinite universes in infinitely small singularities because their numbers tell them they should be there somewhere. Or maybe it is the drugs.

Location hidden

#152270 Feb 7, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, first of all, thank you for your responses and honesty, I like to learn from others about their views.
I don't think you understand Christianity, however. Yes, we are sinning now, we do not believe humanity can achieve a sinless state, otherwise Jesus would never have needed to come. Yes, his Apostles........The British bash themselves and loath their past, which is sad. Despite their mistakes, and the British East India Company and events that led up to the Sepoy Rebellion, they did more good than bad in the world, and they helped India more than you realize.
Well, i never met a Christian with your kinda thinking, they normally all say every who isn't a christian is going to hell.

The British helped India? OK, if u say so.:-)

Location hidden

#152271 Feb 7, 2013
Thinking wrote:
You're the psycho overusing capitalisation...
<quoted text>
It's a shame your brain lacks the circuitry to analyze things. It just kinda works with whatever someone you consider an authority pours into it.

Don't worry, be happy.

Location hidden

#152272 Feb 7, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Clem nailed it! Christholes live in a bubble. Their so called god coming to live with people myth was done hundreds of times before the myth of Jesus was written.
<quoted text>
Hey, u! keep quiet...Ssshhhhh! Stop putting words in my mouth, I never said that, i can see what you're trying to do, u want to ruin my reputation! I'm neutral, I tell ya!!! Don't make me get my nail gun out, i don't even know how to use it, i'm warning u!*angry face and tongue stickin' out*

Location hidden

#152273 Feb 7, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahaha ho ho...sorry. I'm still laughing at that Yahoo.
What film?
LOL, what happened to u? Too much sleep changes someone this much, i never knew. See, u lucky i woke u up in time, before u changed too too too much!

WRECK-IT RALPH!! it was cool, have u seen it?? have ya have ya???

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#152274 Feb 7, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
omg, that is old, they're not even together any more, kat did it with one of the branning brothers, lol, kat will be kat! I sometimes watch it when it gets interesting.
@Mylan...of course i know that, catcher calls me an orange all the time!
@Aura....what movie u gonna take me to see? I watched 3 sh*t films in a row, so it better be good!
You're more tangerine than orange.

And it's great to see the real Clementine back in your avatar.

Location hidden

#152275 Feb 7, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, i never met a Christian with your kinda thinking, they normally all say every who isn't a christian is going to hell.
The British helped India? OK, if u say so.:-)
Empires unify. If not the core of the empire, those it conquered in resistance to it.

Legal systems and education are applied to larger areas than originally there. Disparate warring tribes becomes regions and larger political entities. This broader education applied is absorbed by the conquered and members of them get the idea they could be in power if they got rid of those that educated them. And any other locals opposed to them.

But all in all, the level is much higher than it was before an larger organized civilization took over. The Romans did it to Europe and the Brits, the Europeans and Brits did it to other parts of the world.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#152276 Feb 7, 2013
Clementia wrote:
Music was good and some parts were funny. "not THAT kind of duty" :p

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#152277 Feb 7, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, what happened to u? Too much sleep changes someone this much, i never knew. See, u lucky i woke u up in time, before u changed too too too much!
I'm trying to rework my sleep schedule back to normal. I'm nocturnal by nature, but I can't get any work done at night.

I've seen the trailer for that movie. Since it's about a video game character, I'll probably like it.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#152278 Feb 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<
Voyager has a 23 watt radio transmitter. That is the energy of one of the brighter curly cue lamp bulbs. Voyager is a long ways away, but we still can pick up the signal. It could still pick up the signal from us.
Every hear of amplification? I know you have.
Oh, no, no, there is no way local fluctuations in the earth's magnetic signature can possibly affect us. Impossible. Insignificant perturbations. Ask Polymath, or Bit Twiddler if he is still around.
Simple matter of calculation of the size of the effects. Yes, yes, I know you are scared of math and want to deny its applicability, but your lack of understanding does not mean the math or physics is wrong. In fact, of course, the actual observations show it is correct.
Brilliant students of physics. They are hot on the trail of how many infinite universes can exist in an infinitely small singularity, and how many virtual particles might or might not pop in an out.
Sarcasm about things you don't understand only makes you look even more the fool.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#152279 Feb 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/n ews/science/a-solar-superstorm -is-coming-and-well-only-get-3 0minute-warning-8484058.html
Increased radiation levels, they found out, in past ones. Recalibrate those Carbon-14 thingies again.
The theoretical science worshiped by Topix atheists are static pictures math geeks try to work puzzles from. The universe is too dynamic for them.
Not at all. In fact, Newton invented calculus precisely because he wanted to do dynamics. You might try to learn some. High school physics doesn't use calc, but *real* physics does.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#152280 Feb 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Every bit of my theorizing is home grown.
And based upon actual physical processes.
Yes Dave.

We know.

You sit in your hot tub and sniff fart bubbles.

It's having an effect on you.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#152281 Feb 7, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
The apostles, silly, and everyone that witnessed the event, and later put it down to paper, and wrote about it. What exactly do you think the New Testament is? It's a collection of historical records, of course.
No witnesses, no people that saw Jesus and witnessed His Resurrection, no Christianity.
What witnesses put it down on paper?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#152282 Feb 7, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
You've yet to show a single application. You're all talk and no substance.
Why aren't the amazing personal results you got in your basement up on youtube?
Let me introduce you to Dave.

Dave is the greatest mind of all time.

Newton, Einstein and Tesla combined.

He has all the REAL answers to the universe.

He just can't be bothered to tell everybody what they are.

He just keeps teasing the scientific community.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God' existence 4 min thetruth 96
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 18 min thetruth 5,954
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 22 min thetruth 23,270
Evidence for God! 25 min thetruth 375
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 28 min thetruth 25
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 42 min _Bad Company 212
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 1 hr thetruth 16
More from around the web