Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
146,241 - 146,260 of 225,646 Comments Last updated 21 min ago

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
But then I put my big boy pants on, and got a reality check. Rape is up. Objectification of women is up. Men are more piggish than ever, me being no exception until I grew up.
So fess up.
Rape has been going down for 20 years.

http://justice.uaa.alaska.edu/forum/17/2summe...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Primitive?
By what standard?
We are very primitive now, are we not? Is not the notion of being "primitive" subjective and relative?
Very arrogant indeed if you think you are smarter than ancient peoples.
We are smarter than ancient peoples. And more educated. And have infinitely greater access to knowledge. And have superior reporting. And have more free time.

~90% of the people in Palestine couldn't even read. They had no little knowledge of math and virtually no science. They knew what they needed to know to survive, like farming and maybe a trade skill.

Jesus' time was an era of superstition and credulity.

Do you think Romans praying to Ceres were doing scientific analysis on the affects of prayer at her temple to crop growth? No. They prayed, they got some crops, they thanked her.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, is it true then that you would assert that everyone that supported Christianity in its earliest days are liars and frauds?
Or delusional, or credulous, or mistaken.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Speaking of scumbags and viruses, out of the 18 years or so I have been on the net, I have had only one virus.

I was cruising the net for a particular song. Found it and downloaded it. However, the title was inordinately long. So long you couldn't see the file type at the end. I downloaded it and clicked to play only to discover it was an exe with a virus. It was a gospel song.

The lure of free money or free what we want makes suckers of us all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
The apostles, silly, and everyone that witnessed the event, and later put it down to paper, and wrote about it. What exactly do you think the New Testament is? It's a collection of historical records, of course.
The Gospels are legends made to lay down a religion. They're no more historical than the accounts of Muhammad talking to Allah or Joseph Smith meeting an angel or Buddha achieving Nirvana.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
No witnesses, no people that saw Jesus and witnessed His Resurrection, no Christianity.
Completely untrue. People believe ridiculous things without evidence all the time. You don't apply this standard to any other religion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
We are smarter than ancient peoples. And more educated. And have infinitely greater access to knowledge. And have superior reporting. And have more free time.
~90% of the people in Palestine couldn't even read. They had no little knowledge of math and virtually no science. They knew what they needed to know to survive, like farming and maybe a trade skill.
Jesus' time was an era of superstition and credulity.
Do you think Romans praying to Ceres were doing scientific analysis on the affects of prayer at her temple to crop growth? No. They prayed, they got some crops, they thanked her.
You are FOS.

The Second Temple was quite an engineering feat. The Romans, who are quite famous for their engineering skills, had a helluva time dismantling it.

BTW, it was really just a big slaughterhouse and meat market.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
Speaking of scumbags and viruses, out of the 18 years or so I have been on the net, I have had only one virus.
I was cruising the net for a particular song. Found it and downloaded it. However, the title was inordinately long. So long you couldn't see the file type at the end. I downloaded it and clicked to play only to discover it was an exe with a virus. It was a gospel song.
The lure of free money or free what we want makes suckers of us all.
a virus was spread to a person who simply wanted a song about a virus.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are FOS.
The Second Temple was quite an engineering feat. The Romans, who are quite famous for their engineering skills, had a helluva time dismantling it.
cool, they moved some earth. Did the make an MRI machine or a car...nope.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are FOS.
Having building skills does not indicate a scientific or skeptical mindset.

The Egyptian and Mesoamerican pyramids are more impressive than the Second Temple and I don't hear that being used as support for their religions' validity.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
cool, they moved some earth. Did the make an MRI machine or a car...nope.
You are FOS II.

Big rocks, not just earth.

Look up Baalbek.

Those megalithic buildings were more than just buildings. They produced something that kept people spending extraordinary amounts of money, materials, and labor to construct them over long periods of time. They were not casual endeavors.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gospels are legends made to lay down a religion. They're no more historical than the accounts of Muhammad talking to Allah or Joseph Smith meeting an angel or Buddha achieving Nirvana.
+1, nicely put

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Having building skills does not indicate a scientific or skeptical mindset.
The Egyptian and Mesoamerican pyramids are more impressive than the Second Temple and I don't hear that being used as support for their religions' validity.
A simple mind such as yours would see such structures as symbolic. Even though they were very expensive.

You are incapable of seeing them as vehicles or conduits for energy flows. The "priests" did. They were the "scientific" minds of the time.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

But I some in this building where parents force their kids to go. I think it was called a church or something? Definitely shouldn't show that sick sh!t to children.
Givemeliberty wrote:
It would warp them and lead to hatred of others. I would never allow that filth to be shown to children.
<quoted text>
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

But I *saw* some in this building where parents force their kids to go. I think it was called a church or something? Definitely shouldn't show that sick sh!t to children.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
A simple mind such as yours would see such structures as symbolic. Even though they were very expensive.
You are incapable of seeing them as vehicles or conduits for energy flows. The "priests" did. They were the "scientific" minds of the time.
Conduits for energy flows? Please explain.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Conduits for energy flows? Please explain.
I've been through it on the PTAG and this forum before.

Channeling telluric currents. Not to power a damned video game, but to supply energy for growth. Basically EM that carries charge providing a catalyst for energy transfers.

The concept started in the ground and later out to the stars. Your Big Bang is a derivative.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Channeling telluric currents. Not to power a damned video game, but to supply energy for growth. Basically EM that carries charge providing a catalyst for energy transfers.
The concept started in the ground and later out to the stars. Your Big Bang is a derivative.
How do monuments channel telluric current and for what use? You can use the Great Pyramid as an example.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
How do monuments channel telluric current and for what use? You can use the Great Pyramid as an example.
The same way you do with wires and semiconductors. Mass, gravity, and charge. It's macroelectronics, if you will.

The Great Pyramid, as the other pyramids, is a reverse, though. They were designed as a return to the sun and heavens. They drain charge buildups. One reason they buried Pharoahs in them. They become relatively static and timeless.

Again, you refer to them as monuments, something symbolic, not as machines doing a process. You are a machine doing a process.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! Telluric currents? Seriously?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The same way you do with wires and semiconductors. Mass, gravity, and charge. It's macroelectronics, if you will.
The Great Pyramid, as the other pyramids, is a reverse, though. They were designed as a return to the sun and heavens. They drain charge buildups. One reason they buried Pharoahs in them. They become relatively static and timeless.
Again, you refer to them as monuments, something symbolic, not as machines doing a process. You are a machine doing a process.
You're going to need to show me both that they had knowledge of this process and that the process actually does anything relevant.

This sounds like psuedoscience of the highest order. I'd appreciate any scholarly link on this topic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••