Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#151946 Feb 5, 2013
No those are real and we have photos, videos and living eye witnesses to verify them.

Oh wait you are babbling about only believers do charity work yes?

Crazy old Daffy, always good for a laugh!

Tell us again how nurses saw some Arab walk into your Dad's hospital room as he was dying and didn't investigate who this stranger was!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!

That was a funny lie!
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes, I understand, like your benevolent trips to the Philippines, a myth.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#151948 Feb 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you aren't one you don't get to define one, which is basically the reason the definition is one YOU agree with.
But atheists do NOT! Dipshit, you have been told this countless times and still want it to be true when you know it isn't.
Liar for Jesus.
There is mucho truth in what you say.

Topix atheists have the freedom to define reality the way they feel it should be, the world be damned. They will exercise their rights. Deal with it, world.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#151949 Feb 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix atheists have the freedom to define reality the way they feel it should be, the world be damned. They will exercise their rights. Deal with it, world.
You may very well construct more straw men in one day than the entire mid-west did in the spring of 1954.

Since: Feb 13

Riverside , CA

#151950 Feb 5, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
{Living in complete isolation from the world she acknowledged she always knew God was there even before she could communicate}.
This is her testimony and her claim. How much indoctrination you think a 19 month child gets?
The following is an example of the kind of indoctrination a 19 month old receives.
How to be potty trained, how not to throw food at the table, not to talk back to her mother, to stop jumping up and down on the couch, not to put bugs in her mouth, not to pull the tail on the cat, and donít take food from the dog when he is eating, stop playing with her food, donĎt bite friendsÖÖÖ
This was a person who was isolated from the world. Yet she acknowledged she could feel that God was near her. Sorry but your point is null and void.
Yes and old enough for the ideal to be put in her head, it didn't just appear out of no where. Reality people !!!

Since: Mar 11

United States

#151951 Feb 5, 2013
Reason is the enemy of delusion and superstition.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#151952 Feb 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Dave , it has nothing to do with topix.
How would you like it if atheists defined what your belief is?
All of a sudden belief in god would be a delusional brain disorder suffered by primates who have addictive personalities and are of low mental capacity, like the people with a debilitative habit of addiction causing instability and reckless senseless behavior in low mentality humans.

No atheism is not a belief, and belief in god does not have to be a mental disorder. But sometimes both are true.

Location hidden

#151953 Feb 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Well Dave , it has nothing to do with topix.
How would you like it if atheists defined what your belief is?
All of a sudden belief in god would be a delusional brain disorder suffered by primates who have addictive personalities and are of low mental capacity, like the people with a debilitative habit of addiction causing instability and reckless senseless behavior in low mentality humans.
No atheism is not a belief, and belief in god does not have to be a mental disorder. But sometimes both are true.
Go ahead, Orrie, you straighten us 98% out. We wrong, you right.

Topix has a different brand of atheist, Orrie. They work right out of the box. Just flip the switch. They go blurt, blurt, blurt. One of the marvels of the modern age. Not as unique as days of old, but they serve someone a purpose.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#151954 Feb 5, 2013
Thinking wrote:
The Irish football team is not at its best but has been great in the past, their beer is excellent and I don't think your Mary was Irish.
This I will criticise them for, though: www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/05/magdalen...
<quoted text>
You're a good sport mate![Tipping Hat]

As far as the reference. I have no problem believing that.

The Catholic Church did a lot of that kind of thing in the past.

Southern Illinois

#151955 Feb 5, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
No those are real and we have photos, videos and living eye witnesses to verify them.
Oh wait you are babbling about only believers do charity work yes?
Crazy old Daffy, always good for a laugh!
Tell us again how nurses saw some Arab walk into your Dad's hospital room as he was dying and didn't investigate who this stranger was!
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
That was a funny lie!
<quoted text>
Letís see what a religious bigot looks like. Claiming to feed the hungry Christian Children. What a joke.

Location hidden

#151956 Feb 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead, Orrie, you straighten us 98% out. We wrong, you right.
Topix has a different brand of atheist, Orrie. They work right out of the box. Just flip the switch. They go blurt, blurt, blurt. One of the marvels of the modern age. Not as unique as days of old, but they serve someone a purpose.
Remember my very young padawan apprentice,

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
(There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Southern Illinois

#151957 Feb 5, 2013
trekx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and old enough for the ideal to be put in her head, it didn't just appear out of no where. Reality people !!!
I finally understand, itís true because you said itís true.

Your said truths go as far as the edge of your cranium and thatís it. Not beyond your cranium but just to the edge and that sir is your battery limits to your alleged truth.

[Bowing, and tipping hat]

Location hidden

#151958 Feb 5, 2013
http://www.atheistguidebook.org/chapter/01.ht...

" Belief vs. Knowledge

The words theist and atheist are statements about belief, not knowledge. An atheist or theist might believe their position on God is true without knowing their position on God is true.

To clarify this distinction, we have the words gnostic and agnostic. A person is gnostic if they claim to know their belief is true, and agnostic if they claim they don't know their belief is true.

Belief Chart

What Do Atheists Believe?
Unlike religion, the atheist position has no necessary tenants, no dogma, no essential teachings. Atheists come in many different flavours, and often hold highly disparate views.

The only statement all atheists agree on is "I don't believe any God exists". Beyond that, there is no universal agreement. Some feel there is no rational basis to conclude that God doesn't exist, others think there is. Most don't believe in the paranormal or psychic abilities, but some do. A very small number of atheists even believe in an after-life, without a God behind it.

As atheism is defined solely by the one thing atheists don't believe, the question of what atheists do believe can never be fully answered."

I didn't write that. Evidently some atheist did.

This modern fanatical attempt to redefine the word is evidence not of an intellectual nature, but more of the nature of the following.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathology

Now, you Topix atheists, go ahead and beat up on whoever wrote that article above. They are violating your right to live in your own little reality.

Location hidden

#151959 Feb 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.atheistguidebook.or g/chapter/01.html
" Belief vs. Knowledge
The words theist and atheist are statements about belief, not knowledge. An atheist or theist might believe their position on God is true without knowing their position on God is true.
To clarify this distinction, we have the words gnostic and agnostic. A person is gnostic if they claim to know their belief is true, and agnostic if they claim they don't know their belief is true.
Belief Chart
What Do Atheists Believe?
Unlike religion, the atheist position has no necessary tenants, no dogma, no essential teachings. Atheists come in many different flavours, and often hold highly disparate views.
The only statement all atheists agree on is "I don't believe any God exists". Beyond that, there is no universal agreement. Some feel there is no rational basis to conclude that God doesn't exist, others think there is. Most don't believe in the paranormal or psychic abilities, but some do. A very small number of atheists even believe in an after-life, without a God behind it.
As atheism is defined solely by the one thing atheists don't believe, the question of what atheists do believe can never be fully answered."
I didn't write that. Evidently some atheist did.
This modern fanatical attempt to redefine the word is evidence not of an intellectual nature, but more of the nature of the following.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathology
Now, you Topix atheists, go ahead and beat up on whoever wrote that article above. They are violating your right to live in your own little reality.
If you had a point in aim, you sure missed the target completely.
Oh was it that "I bleep! I Bleep!"
Just like the rest of the herd of , you Bleep.

Since: Feb 13

Riverside , CA

#151960 Feb 5, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I finally understand, itís true because you said itís true.
Your said truths go as far as the edge of your cranium and thatís it. Not beyond your cranium but just to the edge and that sir is your battery limits to your alleged truth.
[Bowing, and tipping hat]
Yes and the bible is true because it says so in the bible.. LOL

You dont have to believe that a child of a year and a half has the ability to learn religion because its much more logical to believe in the ideal that it just magically appeared there.

FYI there is no such thing as magic, Santa Claus, the Easter bunny or God. Reality People !!! Its time to grow up !!!

Location hidden

#151961 Feb 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had a point in aim, you sure missed the target completely.
Oh was it that "I bleep! I Bleep!"
Just like the rest of the herd of , you Bleep.
Someone in your state of mind would believe so.
Imhotep

Davenport, FL

#151962 Feb 5, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's your proof there is no God?
While attempting prayer I realized I was talking to myself.

Location hidden

#151963 Feb 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone in your state of mind would believe so.
&li st=PLE69878FEBA28137F

Knowing is not without my smile of satisfaction.
Your inability to counter my assault, is testament.
Of a weakness within you, My strength is in my power, you will fall before me. You prophesied it, now suffer me. And suffer me you will.

I am destiny.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#151964 Feb 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Since you aren't one you don't get to define one, which is basically the reason the definition is one YOU agree with.
But atheists do NOT! Dipshit, you have been told this countless times and still want it to be true when you know it isn't.
Liar for Jesus.
I'm not lying!
I'm not making up a definition.
That's a quote, cut and pasted word for word straight from the Merriam-Webster dictionary app.

athe¬∑ist\ňąńĀ-thńď-ist\
noun
: one who believes that there is no deity

Location hidden

#151965 Feb 5, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, we do.

We have fossil hominids showing a clear transition to modern humans over the course of time.
Why do you believe you have fossils when science admits they are lacking them?

" How Incomplete Is The Fossil Record?
Darwin clearly thought the fossil record was very incomplete, and it probably is; the vast majority of species that must have lived on earth are not recorded in the fossil record. "

Location hidden

#151966 Feb 5, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>You'll find that by clicking on "See atheism defined for kids ¬Ľ" LOL!

Maybe next year, mommy will let you have an adult dictionary!
One never knows!

Maybe one day you'll get up to this level.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 35 min love_spell 22,997
Our world came from nothing? 57 min Larry 1,059
Islam for peace, or violence? 3 hr JIN 51
Man center of the universe. 5 hr hpcaban 88
Does Being 'Spiritual But Not Religious' Really... 5 hr hpcaban 4
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 6 hr Pahu 1,402
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' Mon Thinking 90

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE