Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
145,961 - 145,980 of 224,536 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's your proof there is no God?
Your avatar picture.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

trekx wrote:
<quoted text>
First off read a non bias non religions history book. and second Helen Keller was 19 Months or a year and a half be she contracted an illness that left her deaf and blind. plenty of time for some brainwashing.. And she was able to communicate somewhat with Martha Washington, the six year old daughter of the family cook, who understood her signs; and by the age of seven, Helen had more than 60 home signs to communicate with her family. So your argument is completely invalid, Yes read more than one book you can learn alot ...
{Living in complete isolation from the world she acknowledged she always knew God was there even before she could communicate}.

This is her testimony and her claim. How much indoctrination you think a 19 month child gets?

The following is an example of the kind of indoctrination a 19 month old receives.

How to be potty trained, how not to throw food at the table, not to talk back to her mother, to stop jumping up and down on the couch, not to put bugs in her mouth, not to pull the tail on the cat, and donít take food from the dog when he is eating, stop playing with her food, donĎt bite friendsÖÖÖ

This was a person who was isolated from the world. Yet she acknowledged she could feel that God was near her. Sorry but your point is null and void.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
"If I was an atheist..."
...You're not even close...
Thank God!

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Why wouldn't you think that different species of the same type animal could be so different? We are similar , and the differences
are small. But the small differences have a huge impact in reality.
For instance it would make sense to you had all parent species
survived and were alive for you to see the progression.
But they did not but we can still see the progression in retrospect via the fossil record and our knowledge of evolutionary pathways. In this way we can make sense of why a family groups can harbor similar but vastly different animals within it.
How without intervention?
A valid question and a possibility, but we are coming very close to finding out the truth maybe simpler than we ever imagined.
There is the possibility of exterior manipulation of the genetic code, and genuine questions how it can be that man became so intelligent on his own.
But the answer to this is simply that it is not ruled out Eagle, but it cannot be ruled in , until something points to this.
So far there is little indication there has been exterior influences in the manipulation of our development.
Perhaps the biggest clue so far has been that no intervening force or entity has presented itself , in the same way as written in the genesis account. If there were then there would be no reason to doubt it don't you think?
I can not help but to keep going back to the very beginning. A complete sterile environment of all non living things. From this a explosive burst of life that completely overtakes the earth and the seas.

I canít accept these complex arrangements of RNA codes and DNA codes self assembled and took on a life of their own. But yet atheist accept that life self created from lifeless material. This complex self assembling and self creation has never occurred from non life material in a lab setting.
Thinking

Charlton Mackrell, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

That's your problem.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I canít accept these complex arrangements of RNA codes and DNA codes self assembled and took on a life of their own.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Your avatar picture.
Cowboy, if you canít rope um you canít choke em.

That one is still running loose.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
That was just awesomely, batshit crazy...
That's our Dave.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Thinking wrote:
That's your problem.
<quoted text>
Go tell the Irish they suck at soccer, their beer is for swine and the virgin Mary was a *****.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
What Jesus isn't answering your prayers for an answer or the ability to not chop off your own fingers?
Here's one in thousands of good reasons why we need to progress past your holy book.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressrelease...
<quoted text>
That Dave is coming from the Greatest Outstanding Atheist of all time,(GOAT).

The mind of a GOAT is so erudite.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
We have no proof he even existed. He was a myth.
<quoted text>
Oh yes, I understand, like your benevolent trips to the Philippines, a myth.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Turkey wrote:
<quoted text> Our maker does no evil and there is no law against him. The entire earth and all its contents are counted as nothing to our arcane God. All you atheists need to hunble yourselves. He gives life and death with impunity. learn some respect you angnst ridden wacko.
nothing can give life and death and needs respect ?

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's your proof there is no God?
i am and all the other ateists in the world
Thinking

Charlton Mackrell, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

The Irish football team is not at its best but has been great in the past, their beer is excellent and I don't think your Mary was Irish.

This I will criticise them for, though: www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/05/magdalen...
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go tell the Irish they suck at soccer, their beer is for swine and the virgin Mary was a *****.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cowboy, if you canít rope um you canít choke em.
That one is still running loose.
No, really. Your avatar picture promotes war and weapons of war which indicates that you believe the question is "Who Would Jesus Kill". If that's what groveling before your particular deity teaches it's "sheep" then I honestly and truly hope that such a deity does not exist.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>atheism is NOT belief its a LACK of belief in gods

humans ARE animals yes,and we make our own purpose.

living forever and doing the same thing over and over would indeed be a totaly useless existence kinda like a mindless robot ..LOL
"atheism is NOT belief"

Wrong

Merriam-Webster

athe¬∑ist\ňąńĀ-thńď-ist\
noun
: one who believes that there is no deity

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>Macroevolution has been directly observed in the wild as in labs.

The only reason Creationists reject it is because it conflicts with their fundamentalist religious views.

Tom Jones wrote, "
There is a struggle for cultural domination: Science or God,
"

All the scientists who support evolution have wildly diverse cultural backgrounds: Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, nonreligious, liberal, conservative.

All the people who oppose evolution have basically the same background: fundamentalist Abrahamic religion.

But it's the SCIENTISTS whose culture is causing their position? That's funny.
Has not!

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about the other stuff, but the Irish aren't very good at soccer. The country is 41st in the world rankings....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>Being incomplete does not invalidate it as evidence.

If I have a photo album with a picture of Mary in North Carolina on Monday, South Carolina on Tuesday, Georgia on Wednesday, and Florida on Thursday, that's good evidence indicating Mary took a trip from NC to FL, even if we don't have a 10 hour video documenting every mile she drove.
You don't have those photos.

You have a picture of Mary and one of John and another of a chimp. So you then draw a line connecting what you think are dots that John and Mary had a chimp baby.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>Eagle12 wrote, "<quoted text>

If this is true then Helen Keller (1880-1968) would have been an atheist. She was both deaf and blind but never drifted to atheism. Living in complete isolation from the world she acknowledged she always knew God was there even before she could communicate.
"

BS
BS = Brilliant Statement

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"atheism is NOT belief"
Wrong
Merriam-Webster
athe¬∑ist\ňąńĀ-thńď-ist\
noun
: one who believes that there is no deity

Since you aren't one you don't get to define one, which is basically the reason the definition is one YOU agree with.
But atheists do NOT! Dipshit, you have been told this countless times and still want it to be true when you know it isn't.
Liar for Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What does "Atheism" mean? 3 hr Buck Crick 37
Introducing The Universal Religion 7 hr nanoanomaly 735
Our world came from nothing? 8 hr Reason Personified 247
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 15 hr Patrick 395
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 16 hr religionisillness 19
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 17 hr Growupchildren 21,401
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... Mon Liam R 21
•••
•••