Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,298)

Showing posts 145,941 - 145,960 of223,012
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Cop out and dodges are all he has. He avoids questions like Buck avoids green leafy vegetables.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Cop-out, you cannot counter GML's argument so you just call it "sin."

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Remember the movie "Caveman" with Ringo Starr? There was a truth buried in that. That truth is cavemen would have tapped out rock beats the same as today. Or played stringed instruments the same.

But scholars would lead you to believe what we have today is a linear progression of "learning". Thousands of years before man could develop the ability to tap out La Bamba.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressrelease...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

We have no proof he even existed. He was a myth.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. That's the funny part.
Jesus wasn't human

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
We have no proof he even existed. He was a myth.
<quoted text>
A myth that has existed for two thousand years and has even shaped the world you live in, and how you think.

Now, what other mythical universes do you also live in? You are worth something? You are a constructive part, and not just an annoying boil on the butt, of universal man?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Topix atheist morality.

Oh, Bible God did all of these evil things. Killed people left and right, allowed diseases, etc, etc, etc. BAAAD God!!!

I wonder if they hold themselves to the same standard. They are killing parts of themselves, and others, just to maintain their existence. If cells have your DNA in them, then they are part of you. Do Topix atheists have any compunction about letting parts of themselves die so that they can live, maintaining their existence? Or taking a shit so they feel better?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
Remember the movie "Caveman" with Ringo Starr? There was a truth buried in that. That truth is cavemen would have tapped out rock beats the same as today. Or played stringed instruments the same.
But scholars would lead you to believe what we have today is a linear progression of "learning". Thousands of years before man could develop the ability to tap out La Bamba.
You don't get to use the word "scholars" considering you don't have any respect for academics.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
A myth that has existed for two thousand years and has even shaped the world you live in, and how you think.
Now, what other mythical universes do you also live in? You are worth something? You are a constructive part, and not just an annoying boil on the butt, of universal man?
A myth with you have no proof of which you continue to lie about with no shame or remorse. You're trying to sell us on a book that says with hateful ignorant prejudice that were fools and abominable.

Get a reality check you mentally ill creationist.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
Topix atheist morality.
Oh, Bible God did all of these evil things. Killed people left and right, allowed diseases, etc, etc, etc. BAAAD God!!!
I wonder if they hold themselves to the same standard. They are killing parts of themselves, and others, just to maintain their existence. If cells have your DNA in them, then they are part of you. Do Topix atheists have any compunction about letting parts of themselves die so that they can live, maintaining their existence? Or taking a shit so they feel better?
Nice try trying to excuse the decades of evil things that happened while you claim an all seeing and all loving god existed...

The fact is you're a liar and there is no way you can defend your fictitious virtual teddy bear.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Awwwww see Dave was that so hard to admit you are a Christian? All that nonsense about you being a deist! Laughable really.

There are older myths and to say that the Jesus myth has shaped the world I live in is pie in sky nonsense even by most theist standards.

Better luck next time gramps.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

In your Christian senile mind I am sure this sounded good. To people of reason it sounds like a sheep temper tantrum.

We hold ourselves to a far superior moral standard compared to your Jewsus god.
Dave Nelson wrote:
Topix atheist morality.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get to use the word "scholars" considering you don't have any respect for academics.
"Scholars", of your sort, are nothing more than glorified encyclopedias. Intelligent people can use them as sources of information, but know better than to accept their spin on things. After all, they are only humans.

But you won't understand that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
A myth with you have no proof of which you continue to lie about with no shame or remorse. You're trying to sell us on a book that says with hateful ignorant prejudice that were fools and abominable.
Get a reality check you mentally ill creationist.
"Scholars" wrote those books.

Dumb ass.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
Topix atheist morality.
That was just awesomely, batshit crazy...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try trying to excuse the decades of evil things that happened while you claim an all seeing and all loving god existed...
The fact is you're a liar and there is no way you can defend your fictitious virtual teddy bear.
Where have you ever seen me claim an "all seeing and all loving god"?

You are too emotional and lacking in the ability to think for yourself to separate fact from fantasy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Awwwww see Dave was that so hard to admit you are a Christian? All that nonsense about you being a deist! Laughable really.
There are older myths and to say that the Jesus myth has shaped the world I live in is pie in sky nonsense even by most theist standards.
Better luck next time gramps.
<quoted text>
So, tell me. Why are you on here ranting against a thousands of years old book?
Turkey

Oswego, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
In your Christian senile mind I am sure this sounded good. To people of reason it sounds like a sheep temper tantrum.
We hold ourselves to a far superior moral standard compared to your Jewsus god.
<quoted text>
What a joke, coming from a deviant queer like you. You're just another clay pot rejected by its maker.
Turkey

Oswego, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Our maker does no evil and there is no law against him. The entire earth and all its contents are counted as nothing to our arcane God. All you atheists need to hunble yourselves. He gives life and death with impunity. learn some respect you angnst ridden wacko.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

What Jesus isn't answering your prayers for an answer or the ability to not chop off your own fingers?

Here's one in thousands of good reasons why we need to progress past your holy book.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressrelease...
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
So, tell me. Why are you on here ranting against a thousands of years old book?

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
This anecdote proves nothing - you have no proof of god but you don't even have the decency to stop lying about it to everyone...
Where's your proof there is no God?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 145,941 - 145,960 of223,012
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••