Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
145,921 - 145,940 of 225,726 Comments Last updated 56 min ago

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
I don't really drink alcohol either. It's just that independent brewers and vineyards keep putting loads of it into my beers and wines.
<quoted text>
I have nothing against alcohol consumption. I have great fun with drunk people. Here's my favourite morning sentence:

"Anybody seen my wallet?"

"Why is there a check mark on my forehead?"

"Who was that Chinese girl?"
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Whoever this foot fits, I shall marry... sh*t! Where's my wallet?
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I have nothing against alcohol consumption. I have great fun with drunk people. Here's my favourite morning sentence:
"Anybody seen my wallet?"
"Why is there a check mark on my forehead?"
"Who was that Chinese girl?"

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Whoever this foot fits, I shall marry... sh*t! Where's my wallet?
<quoted text>
I can't get drunk. I have too much to lose.

You can lose your pants, your car keys, your money, your self esteem, your cookies.

I could lose my leg.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

I've had so much returned to me but I live in a nice village. One of my drinking friends dropped a purse with £200 in it in a hedge- she got it back four days later, completely intact.

Can you see UK Channel 4's "Last Leg" where you are?

www.youtube.com/watch...

Essential weekend viewing for us...
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You can lose your pants, your car keys, your money, your self esteem, your cookies.
I could lose my leg.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have a much harder time rejecting evolution if our mail man was an orangutan. Or the New York Cap drivers were baboons. We have similarities to these primates but intellectually we are light years ahead of them.
We are so much different than any species because of our intellect. We can build and create. Beavers can build dams but nothing like Hoover Dam.
Science has yet to answer how life began on the earth and self assembled. RNA and DNA doesn’t self assemble these complicated codes to life. Self creation from sterile material is impossible. It takes a designer or engineer to put the codes together.
If I was an atheist I would be asking how did it all start in the beginning without outside interference. Lots is said about science. But science has not even came close to answering this question.
Why wouldn't you think that different species of the same type animal could be so different? We are similar , and the differences
are small. But the small differences have a huge impact in reality.
For instance it would make sense to you had all parent species
survived and were alive for you to see the progression.

But they did not but we can still see the progression in retrospect via the fossil record and our knowledge of evolutionary pathways. In this way we can make sense of why a family groups can harbor similar but vastly different animals within it.

How without intervention?
A valid question and a possibility, but we are coming very close to finding out the truth maybe simpler than we ever imagined.
There is the possibility of exterior manipulation of the genetic code, and genuine questions how it can be that man became so intelligent on his own.

But the answer to this is simply that it is not ruled out Eagle, but it cannot be ruled in , until something points to this.
So far there is little indication there has been exterior influences in the manipulation of our development.
Perhaps the biggest clue so far has been that no intervening force or entity has presented itself , in the same way as written in the genesis account. If there were then there would be no reason to doubt it don't you think?

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
I've had so much returned to me but I live in a nice village. One of my drinking friends dropped a purse with £200 in it in a hedge- she got it back four days later, completely intact.
Can you see UK Channel 4's "Last Leg" where you are?
www.youtube.com/watch...
Essential weekend viewing for us...
<quoted text>
I can't at the moment but I'm sure I could if I try. I'll look it up.

I don't carry actual money here. Just plastic cards. One of them has 3 corners shaved razor sharp. I haven't had to use it yet.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

I like the "Last Leg". It was a spin off from the Paralympics coverage where you can ask the presenters anything awkward.

The only time I seem to use cash over here is at the pub. I mean you can run a tab, but you just *don't*. Plus I never carry ID on a night out.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't at the moment but I'm sure I could if I try. I'll look it up.
I don't carry actual money here. Just plastic cards. One of them has 3 corners shaved razor sharp. I haven't had to use it yet.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking, looking, nope absolutely zero empirical evidence.Damn you tell a lot of lies. chemicals,matter, geologic history, the biosphere none of that even hints AT HOW DEAD INANIMATE MATTER CAME TO LIFE ON ITS OWN!
Of course it does! The *composition* of life and its connection to the chemicals of the early earth is a HUGE clue to how life arose from non-living materials. The geological history limits the time scale for the transition.

Do you have the idea that life was something *added* to matter? That is simply wrong. Life is a particular *organization* of matter. Every single atom and molecule in your body is 'dead matter'. But the way it is organized makes *you* alive.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Thinking wrote:
I like the "Last Leg". It was a spin off from the Paralympics coverage where you can ask the presenters anything awkward.
The only time I seem to use cash over here is at the pub. I mean you can run a tab, but you just *don't*. Plus I never carry ID on a night out.
<quoted text>
Have you seen this guy?

I hate this guy.

Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Never heard of him. I bailed out after 1 min. Did I miss anything?
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen this guy?
I hate this guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =tHdluD5JxSIXX

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it does! The *composition* of life and its connection to the chemicals of the early earth is a HUGE clue to how life arose from non-living materials. The geological history limits the time scale for the transition.
Do you have the idea that life was something *added* to matter? That is simply wrong. Life is a particular *organization* of matter. Every single atom and molecule in your body is 'dead matter'. But the way it is organized makes *you* alive.
Kinda designed that way, eh?

Makes it easier for those virtual particles, doesn't it?

You are assuming a random collection of matter eventually developed into a sentient creation.
Turkey

Oswego, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I could lose my leg.
Are you forgetting how inebriated you get from the intoxicating aroma of prime vagina?
Turkey

Oswego, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
You first class idiot thespian pontificator. You are a very lost old gezzer.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Turkey wrote:
<quoted text> You first class idiot thespian pontificator. You are a very lost old gezzer.
Poly, and so many others, are convinced a very complicated existence is derived only from Legos. A vestige of their childhood training.
bohart

Newport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, if that's your question then here's the evidence:
There was no life, now there is. Non-living matter had to somehow form living organisms.
It's just the "how" that's currently an unknown. No, we won't accept your made up "god dun it" answer, because that's still not an answer to the actual question and it's an assumption.
Nooo!, noo! we won't accept your made up , god dun it,because we have our own answer the goo dun it!
bohart

Newport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it doesn't . hows that for a rebuttal.
bohart

Newport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The phrase DEAD INANIMATE MATTER doesn't make sense, and neither do you. Do you think carbon atoms are alive?
Spoken like a high priest of the goo, whats dead ?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Turkey wrote:
<quoted text> You first class idiot thespian pontificator. You are a very lost old gezzer.
That would be Dave.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

I was speaking of the bible myth god naturally as that is your imaginary friend of choice. Stop dodging the question.

Your bible clearly shows how this god you have accepted as your imaginary friend demonstrates his morals and his meals are unacceptable to say the least.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't exist and He isn't very nice?
I hope you can see the illogical nature of your argument.
Which is little more than a suppression of the truth.
The sin in you, controls you, so that you cannot even reason clearly and logically and see the absurdity of your argument.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

A pretty sparkly logical fallacy is still a logical fallacy. Intent does not make truth. Thank you for admitting that you use circular argument logical fallacies.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference between a virtuous circular argument and vicious circular argument.
The First Cause, must be self attesting, therefore it is logical for it to self attest...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••