Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#151889 Feb 5, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking, looking, nope absolutely zero empirical evidence.Damn you tell a lot of lies. chemicals,matter, geologic history, the biosphere none of that even hints AT HOW DEAD INANIMATE MATTER CAME TO LIFE ON ITS OWN!
Of course it does! The *composition* of life and its connection to the chemicals of the early earth is a HUGE clue to how life arose from non-living materials. The geological history limits the time scale for the transition.

Do you have the idea that life was something *added* to matter? That is simply wrong. Life is a particular *organization* of matter. Every single atom and molecule in your body is 'dead matter'. But the way it is organized makes *you* alive.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#151890 Feb 5, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I like the "Last Leg". It was a spin off from the Paralympics coverage where you can ask the presenters anything awkward.
The only time I seem to use cash over here is at the pub. I mean you can run a tab, but you just *don't*. Plus I never carry ID on a night out.
<quoted text>
Have you seen this guy?

I hate this guy.

Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#151891 Feb 5, 2013
Never heard of him. I bailed out after 1 min. Did I miss anything?
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen this guy?
I hate this guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =tHdluD5JxSIXX

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#151892 Feb 5, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it does! The *composition* of life and its connection to the chemicals of the early earth is a HUGE clue to how life arose from non-living materials. The geological history limits the time scale for the transition.
Do you have the idea that life was something *added* to matter? That is simply wrong. Life is a particular *organization* of matter. Every single atom and molecule in your body is 'dead matter'. But the way it is organized makes *you* alive.
Kinda designed that way, eh?

Makes it easier for those virtual particles, doesn't it?

You are assuming a random collection of matter eventually developed into a sentient creation.
Turkey

Oswego, NY

#151893 Feb 5, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't get drunk. I have too much to lose.
You can lose your pants, your car keys, your money, your self esteem, your cookies.
I could lose my leg.
Are you forgetting how inebriated you get from the intoxicating aroma of prime vagina?
Turkey

Oswego, NY

#151894 Feb 5, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
You first class idiot thespian pontificator. You are a very lost old gezzer.

Location hidden

#151895 Feb 5, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Turkey wrote:
<quoted text> You first class idiot thespian pontificator. You are a very lost old gezzer.
Poly, and so many others, are convinced a very complicated existence is derived only from Legos. A vestige of their childhood training.
bohart

Newport, TN

#151896 Feb 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, if that's your question then here's the evidence:
There was no life, now there is. Non-living matter had to somehow form living organisms.
It's just the "how" that's currently an unknown. No, we won't accept your made up "god dun it" answer, because that's still not an answer to the actual question and it's an assumption.
Nooo!, noo! we won't accept your made up , god dun it,because we have our own answer the goo dun it!
bohart

Newport, TN

#151897 Feb 5, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it doesn't . hows that for a rebuttal.
bohart

Newport, TN

#151898 Feb 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The phrase DEAD INANIMATE MATTER doesn't make sense, and neither do you. Do you think carbon atoms are alive?
Spoken like a high priest of the goo, whats dead ?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#151899 Feb 5, 2013
Turkey wrote:
<quoted text> You first class idiot thespian pontificator. You are a very lost old gezzer.
That would be Dave.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#151900 Feb 5, 2013
I was speaking of the bible myth god naturally as that is your imaginary friend of choice. Stop dodging the question.

Your bible clearly shows how this god you have accepted as your imaginary friend demonstrates his morals and his meals are unacceptable to say the least.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't exist and He isn't very nice?
I hope you can see the illogical nature of your argument.
Which is little more than a suppression of the truth.
The sin in you, controls you, so that you cannot even reason clearly and logically and see the absurdity of your argument.

Lexington, KY

#151901 Feb 5, 2013
A pretty sparkly logical fallacy is still a logical fallacy. Intent does not make truth. Thank you for admitting that you use circular argument logical fallacies.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference between a virtuous circular argument and vicious circular argument.
The First Cause, must be self attesting, therefore it is logical for it to self attest...

Lexington, KY

#151902 Feb 5, 2013
Cop out and dodges are all he has. He avoids questions like Buck avoids green leafy vegetables.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Cop-out, you cannot counter GML's argument so you just call it "sin."

Location hidden

#151903 Feb 5, 2013
Remember the movie "Caveman" with Ringo Starr? There was a truth buried in that. That truth is cavemen would have tapped out rock beats the same as today. Or played stringed instruments the same.

But scholars would lead you to believe what we have today is a linear progression of "learning". Thousands of years before man could develop the ability to tap out La Bamba.

Lexington, KY

#151904 Feb 5, 2013
http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressrelease...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies.

Lexington, KY

#151905 Feb 5, 2013
We have no proof he even existed. He was a myth.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. That's the funny part.
Jesus wasn't human

Location hidden

#151906 Feb 5, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
We have no proof he even existed. He was a myth.
<quoted text>
A myth that has existed for two thousand years and has even shaped the world you live in, and how you think.

Now, what other mythical universes do you also live in? You are worth something? You are a constructive part, and not just an annoying boil on the butt, of universal man?

Location hidden

#151907 Feb 5, 2013
Topix atheist morality.

Oh, Bible God did all of these evil things. Killed people left and right, allowed diseases, etc, etc, etc. BAAAD God!!!

I wonder if they hold themselves to the same standard. They are killing parts of themselves, and others, just to maintain their existence. If cells have your DNA in them, then they are part of you. Do Topix atheists have any compunction about letting parts of themselves die so that they can live, maintaining their existence? Or taking a shit so they feel better?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#151908 Feb 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Remember the movie "Caveman" with Ringo Starr? There was a truth buried in that. That truth is cavemen would have tapped out rock beats the same as today. Or played stringed instruments the same.
But scholars would lead you to believe what we have today is a linear progression of "learning". Thousands of years before man could develop the ability to tap out La Bamba.
You don't get to use the word "scholars" considering you don't have any respect for academics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr Even Steven 2,607
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Morse 23,241
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 2 hr Richardfs 166
God' existence 4 hr polymath257 84
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 8 hr Mikko 5
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 8 hr Mikko 1,452
Evidence for God! 8 hr Morse 369
More from around the web