Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,294)

Showing posts 145,861 - 145,880 of216,278
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Thinking

Newbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Whatever my opinion on abortion, 40% of fertilised eggs don't make it.
Your god is the biggest abortionist of all.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
So I assume that if you think miscarriages are wrong, you are opposed to abortion?
Do you also thank God for that?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no empirical evidence for abiogenesis.
None.
All there is, is a philosophical suppression of the truth, that requires fairy tales to be accepted.
And a faith in that fairy tale.
You have self deceived faith that a "rockdidit", nothing else.
And the only reason you have that, is becuse your sinful nature seeks to deny the Creator of the universe and His claims on your person.

We understand that your belief is in conflict with reality.
In this there can be no denial.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
zzzzzzzzz
Still trying to sell the lame idea that Communists killed in the name of atheism? So sad....
Yep

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>You make no claim?

Then make a claim?

You still have not answered how you can account for absolute morality?
What IS absolute morality?
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
God is the source of those absolutes, I have made that abundantly clear.
?
IRRELEVANT

first you need to prove god,then talk

do you suffer from alzheimers that you keep repeating the same BS over and over?
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
None.
All there is, is a philosophical suppression of the truth, that requires fairy tales to be accepted.
And the only reason you have that, is becuse your sinful nature seeks to deny the Creator of the universe and His claims on your person.
You tell him, don't expect to breech the wall of his denial though.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
But let us consider your belief system.
Man is born an animal and has no purpose, not destiny and no hope.
And you think the promise of rescue from this world and eternal life is a negative?
Wow...
atheism is NOT belief its a LACK of belief in gods

humans ARE animals yes,and we make our own purpose.

living forever and doing the same thing over and over would indeed be a totaly useless existence kinda like a mindless robot ..LOL
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell him, don't expect to breech the wall of his denial though.
PROJECTION..look it up...

there is empirical evidence otherwise we wouldnt be here,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Abiogenesis (/&#716;e&#618;ba& #618;.&#629;&#712;d &#658;&#603;n&#616 ;s&#618;s/ ay-by-oh-jen-&#601;-siss[1 ]) or biopoiesis is the process by which life arises from inorganic matter.[2][3][4][5] The word is usually used to describe the processes by which life on Earth originated. The earliest known life existed between 3.9 and 3.5 billion years ago, during the Eoarchean Era when sufficient crust had solidified following the molten Hadean Eon.
Scientific hypotheses about the origins of life may be divided into several categories. Most approaches investigate how self-replicating molecules or their components came into existence. For example, the Miller–Urey experiment and similar experiments demonstrated that most amino acids, often called "the building blocks of life", can be racemically synthesized in conditions thought to be similar to those of the early Earth. Several mechanisms have been investigated, including lightning and radiation. Other approaches ("metabolism first" hypotheses) focus on understanding how catalysis in chemical systems in the early Earth might have provided the precursor molecules necessary for self-replication.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
How can a chemical fizz have destiny or purpose?
How can you account for that as an atheist.
I can account for that for you.
You were created with the opportunity to live eternally with a loving God, that adores you.
That is where your sense of hope and purpose comes from.
But your sinful desire to suppress the truth of God, keeps you from your destiny and purpose.
So you then create a false sense of destiny and purpose that has no basis in reality and is shallow in form, to make up for the true destiny and purpose you have the opportunity to grasp.
If you turn back to God and acknowledge Him, He will correct that for you, and show you the true depth and value that you really have to Him.
Thanks, sunshine, but I don't need an imaginary being to create my destiny, find my purpose, or define my self worth.

How sad for you that you do....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

mtimber wrote:
And atheists have this one thing in common.
They seek to suppress the truth of God, so that they can continue being subject to their sinful nature.
And they believe that that foolish shared suppression is somehow related to scientific endeavor and logic...
The only thing atheists have in common with one another is a lack of belief in a god.

Not your god - any god.

How egotistical of you...

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
God is the source of those absolutes, I have made that abundantly clear.
But how can you as an atheist make absolute claims like you have done here?
You can only do that by denying atheism.
You realise that you have done that here, right?
so you have your morality from nothing (have to remember never turn my back to a christian)

god = nothing

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
How does that help you account for absolute laws of morality?
there is no absolute law of morality

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as sin?
Really?
yeah really!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
None.
There is no empirical evidence for any god's existence.
None.
You have self deceived faith that a "goddidit", nothing else.
And the only reason you have that, is because your fearful nature seeks to deny that you are the master of your own life. It seems to be a responsibility that you are too afraid to bear.
Atheist Silurist

Belfast, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

I'm starting to think there may be a god,but a god that protects the paedophiles and pederasts of the catholic church.

http://life.nationalpost.com/2013/02/01/los-a...

The cardinal of the largest Roman Catholic archdiocese in the United States was stripped of his duties in an unprecedented move by his successor, who described the church’s actions during the growing sex abuse scandal as evil.

Cardinal Roger Mahony had retired with a tainted career after dodging criminal charges over how he handled pedophile priests.

Gomez said Mahony, 76, would no longer have administrative or public duties in the diocese. It didn’t appear that Gomez’s actions would affect Mahony’s position in Rome, where he can remain for another four years on a counsel that selects the Pope.

So he is 76 and being relived of his duties? So they are retiring him?

Why isn't the filthy bastard in jail?

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

mtimber wrote:
They seek to suppress the truth of God, so that they can continue being subject to their sinful nature.
And they believe that that foolish shared suppression is somehow related to scientific endeavor and logic...
did you learn that from your pastor?
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
So secular atheism is not aggressive, doesn't try to indoctrinate belief systems in schools and get those beliefs legislated by congress.
Such beliefs as:
Evolution
Abiogenesis
Naturalism
Homosexuality
Child Sacrifice.
But putting that obvious discrepancy aside.
Why are you so concerned with sharing the idea that you hold an absolute moral position (secularism being superior), when you do not believe in absolute moral positions?
The Bible God endorsed slavery.
That's a fact according to the Bible.
The Bible God gave instructions on how his chosen people should wage war against their various neighbors:

Deut 20:10-11
When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it, then proclaim peace unto it.
And it shall be, if it make thee answer of peace, and open unto thee, then it shall be, that all the people that is found therein shall be tributaries (forced laborers) unto thee, and they shall serve thee.

Notice that if the people of the attacked city accept the "offer of peace" they will become slaves of God's chosen people. Forced labor is slavery.

Deut 20:12-16
And if it will make no peace with thee, but will make war against thee, then thou shalt besiege it:
And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:

But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.

Thus shalt thou do unto all the cities which are very far off from thee, which are not of the cities of these nations.

But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:

Christian apologists go to great lengths to downplay and justify the mass killing and enslavement.
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

mtimber wrote:
And rabid posters like you possess a unfounded and exaggerated distrust of others, sometimes reaching delusional proportions.

You constantly suspect the motives of others and believe that certain individuals, or atheists in general, are "out to destroy my faith".

You offer no cohesion of thought.
No opposing documented view.

GODDIDIT is all you have... One book, multiple authors, contradictions galore.

Consider prayer!
If it works we might all convert.

Hmm not me, I need a burning bush (not GW!) in my yard with a few stone tablets.

Since: Feb 13

Riverside , CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
911 attack was based on religious extremist. You got one out of a hundred.
Iraq war depending which one you are referring too started when Iraq invaded Kuwaiti. Saddam needed the cash flow from Kuwaiti oil to pay for his expenses during the Iran Iraq war. It wasn’t a religious war.
This dialog between us has given me a pretty good idea that you are one of those atheist that will say anything and claim it as the truth. My friend you lack facts, history, and credibility.
Actuality no i check all my facts, and if i am wrong i will admit it, its just your bias/religion that wont allow you to see the truth. And BTW there have been wars for thousands of years not just the couple hundred years you posted and though out those thousands of years the majority where religious wars ...

But really Atheism is more then this. Lets just put it this way, to be religious (any religion) you first have to be taught that religion. But to be an Atheist you dont have to be taught anything at all, its just a natural state of mind and the way we are all born ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 145,861 - 145,880 of216,278
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••