Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,292)

Showing posts 145,821 - 145,840 of222,984
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Cop-out, you cannot counter GML's argument so you just call it "sin."
No, I am accounting for GML's arbitrary and inconsistent appeal to two different standards at the same time.

The same practice that you engage in, over and over, in many of your posts.

You argue the principles of atheism, whilst appealing subconsciously to the principles of christianity to prove your atheism.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
I cope I suppose.
This secular Dark Ages we are currently living in is not conducive to good rational logical discussion that is clear.
But, as the bible teaches, it is about to come to an end soon enough and all this foolishness will cease.
Oh my - the end is near? Again?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so you retreated to the intellectual bastions of prejudiced ad hominem...
You realise that as soon as you do that, you have basically retreated from the field of battle?
You do realize that in an intellectual battle you're outgunned since all of your arguments boil down to "God good - everything else bad."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot have a source for "absolute," things either are absolute or not. If your god does not have to abide by something, then it is not absolute because there is an exception. If it is absolute then your god must abide it as well, otherwise it would not be an absolute.
You are making a simple error in your premise that many atheists make.

You assume that the argument is that "everything" has a cause.

When the reality is that only "effects" have a cause.

The universe and man was effected, by the First Cause.

The First Cause, by simple deductive logic cannot be "caused", as He is not an effect of anything.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Demeaning?
I thought you were an atheist?
You keep making absolute moral statements that clearly reveal you are fully aware of the transcendental absolute laws of morality that have been revealed to you by God...
There is no god, therefore, no god has revealed anything to me.

Seriously, this is why you look so silly...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that in an intellectual battle you're outgunned since all of your arguments boil down to "God good - everything else bad."
Unless you can account for the laws of logic, you have no right to step onto the battlefield...

So lets see your credentials...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my - the end is near? Again?
Indeed.

And deep down inside you know that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
But let us consider your belief system.
Man is born an animal and has no purpose, not destiny and no hope.
And you think the promise of rescue from this world and eternal life is a negative?
Wow...
Actually, in my belief system (or, as I like to call it, reality) a child is born and over the years of his or her life, creates his or her own destiny and purpose and has all the hope that his or her life experience allows....

How sad for people like you whose only hope is to die and THEN live a better existence.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
You are making a simple error in your premise that many atheists make.
You assume that the argument is that "everything" has a cause.
When the reality is that only "effects" have a cause.
The universe and man was effected, by the First Cause.
The First Cause, by simple deductive logic cannot be "caused", as He is not an effect of anything.
You are the one assuming, you assume everything must be created, and call it an absolute, then exempt your god from it, which makes it no longer an absolute. Thus your entire assumption is a failure from the start.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again , the evidence clearly shows?, is very probable ? both are lies told to defend your faith.Denial , one of the main tenets of the puddle gooist church.
It is absolutely not lies that the evidence supports that life sprang from early Earth , and progressed in evolution to what we see today. There is absolutely no evidence of anything else, It isn't what I wanted to hear, it isn't what I cared to find , It is however exactly how it really is. There is no church of abiogenesis, there is no faith in the science, there is only evidence that shows it to be the way it is. It is not my problem accepting the truth, but it sure appears to be yours.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, in my belief system (or, as I like to call it, reality) a child is born and over the years of his or her life, creates his or her own destiny and purpose and has all the hope that his or her life experience allows....
How sad for people like you whose only hope is to die and THEN live a better existence.
How can a chemical fizz have destiny or purpose?

How can you account for that as an atheist.

I can account for that for you.

You were created with the opportunity to live eternally with a loving God, that adores you.

That is where your sense of hope and purpose comes from.

But your sinful desire to suppress the truth of God, keeps you from your destiny and purpose.

So you then create a false sense of destiny and purpose that has no basis in reality and is shallow in form, to make up for the true destiny and purpose you have the opportunity to grasp.

If you turn back to God and acknowledge Him, He will correct that for you, and show you the true depth and value that you really have to Him.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one assuming, you assume everything must be created, and call it an absolute, then exempt your god from it, which makes it no longer an absolute. Thus your entire assumption is a failure from the start.
God is self evident.

It is not a matter of assuming, it is a matter of opening ones eyes.

It is a matter of turning from the sinful nature you have, that is suppressing the truth in you.

The First Cause is not assumed.

The First Cause simply Is.

And thats why Gods name is:

I AM.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Some more christian love:

http://www.cnn.com/video/...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It is absolutely not lies that the evidence supports that life sprang from early Earth , and progressed in evolution to what we see today. There is absolutely no evidence of anything else, It isn't what I wanted to hear, it isn't what I cared to find , It is however exactly how it really is. There is no church of abiogenesis, there is no faith in the science, there is only evidence that shows it to be the way it is. It is not my problem accepting the truth, but it sure appears to be yours.
There is no empirical evidence for abiogenesis.

None.

All there is, is a philosophical suppression of the truth, that requires fairy tales to be accepted.

And a faith in that fairy tale.

You have self deceived faith that a "rockdidit", nothing else.

And the only reason you have that, is becuse your sinful nature seeks to deny the Creator of the universe and His claims on your person.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

And atheists have this one thing in common.

They seek to suppress the truth of God, so that they can continue being subject to their sinful nature.

And they believe that that foolish shared suppression is somehow related to scientific endeavor and logic...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why I said “Those laws “may or may” not exists outside the domain of this universe”
I am sure you did mention tuned (or similar) which is why I answered in that way – having just checked I apologise, you wrote “turned” and I misread it, dyslexia is a bugger eh? However see later in this post regarding infinite…
Scientific projects in the process, you may of course consider it arrogance and wishful thinking to want to understand, but that’s your problem. Refer to http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/research/res... if you don’t want to look so foolish, they have plenty of papers for public view in the sciences related to cosmology
Which other way is there to argue, I realise you make the most of it but arguing from naivety does not really count
Nope a way of saying hypothesis, conjecture is something entirely different so don’t try and tell me what I am saying when you can’t even understand the difference.
Well if you will cherry pick then you will be left with incomplete statements. Here let me cite the complete sentence “The time of some bronze age guy saying godidit is gone, science and mathematics has taken over.”
Well science certainly allows you to post on topix and has allowed Iran to create a nuclear industry and rockets (for whatever purpose). Your personal politics is bugger all to do with the science.
No, can you say why there is something instead of nothing? Just because the creation event is not yet understood it does not mean it’s contradictory, it just means it’s not understood.
Once again there is nothing in the universe that is contradictory. It is a completely logical and predictable environment from 10^-34th of a second after it’s creation to now and for trillions of years into the future. Prior to 10^-34th of a second is not understood but is conjectured.
It is possible that the universe is infinite but as far as we know and in probability it is not. More probably there are infinite finite universes.
Schroeder is said to have said in later life that he wished he had never met the cat.
The universe is temporally finite, but spatially infinite.
Yes it is hard to understand, basically it means inflation has caused expansion faster than light so the boundary
(if there even is one) will forever be beyond our detection.
This is a inescapably a paradox of reasoning in itself.
It is however the scenario that fits the evidence.
It's a conflict also that there are two problems that exist in our understanding of the universe.

The first one is there is a conflict in the age of the universe.
Some stars appear to be older than the universe itself temporally by some calculations.
So there is a error in one. Paradox.

The other is the speed of the stars at edges of galaxies, they move to fast, we attempt to explain it with dark matter, it may be the answer, but is not beyond scant evidence in proving it to be the cause. Or even exactly what it is causing it.

Paradox

The uncertainty principle, and Schroeder's cat the Higgs field, all enigmas and also paradoxical. There are many, and whether you accept it or not , the start of this universe is a paradox.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
That sight will say anything and you believe them?
No, no, NO, Eagle.

Sight doesn't say.

Maybe it can see.

But not say.

Okay?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is not a scientific theory.
It is a philosophical position that is appealed to as a basis for rejecting the fact of Creation.
And once again, I do not reject "science", but true science has to be subject to the laws of logic, mathematics and uniformity that are transcendent and originate in God.
I reject science falsely so called.
Thats because you're not a scientist who plays by the rules of it's methodology.
You however are a person who has belief, that is in conflict with the reasoning power of scientific discovery, therefore ...It is you who deny the truth of all known reasoning by the methods we devised to ascertain the truth.
Thinking

Newbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Whatever my opinion on abortion, 40% of fertilised eggs don't make it.
Your god is the biggest abortionist of all.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
So I assume that if you think miscarriages are wrong, you are opposed to abortion?
Do you also thank God for that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no empirical evidence for abiogenesis.
None.
All there is, is a philosophical suppression of the truth, that requires fairy tales to be accepted.
And a faith in that fairy tale.
You have self deceived faith that a "rockdidit", nothing else.
And the only reason you have that, is becuse your sinful nature seeks to deny the Creator of the universe and His claims on your person.

We understand that your belief is in conflict with reality.
In this there can be no denial.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 145,821 - 145,840 of222,984
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••